Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-21-2009, 11:36 AM
Elite Fan

Smallville 8x19 "Stiletto" Episode Discussion

The CW has released the official (spoiler-filled) description of the upcoming 19th episode of Season 8 of "Smallville". Titled "Stiletto", this episode is scheduled to air in the U.S. at 8.00pm on Thursday, April 23rd on The CW.

Lois Lane is a superhero - Lois (Erica Durance) believes that she needs a big story to secure her reputation as a star reporter but the red/blue blur continues to elude her. However, after Chloe (Allison Mack) is mugged, Lois steps in to fend off one of the attackers and uses the opportunity to pretend a new superhero, Stiletto, has come to town and is giving exclusives to Lois. Clark (Tom Welling) is concerned Lois will hurt herself pretending to be a superhero but after he is captured by thugs with kryptonite, Lois steps in to save the day.

Directed by - Kevin Fair.

Written by - Caroline Dries.

TV Guide , has the following description for this same episode...
Pretending she is the superhero Stiletto, Lois secures her star-reporter status by scoring exclusive interviews with the city's newest crimefighter. Clark fears for her safety until she ably saves him from Kryptonite-wielding thugs.

Stiletto Trailer

Stiletto Webclip

The Dark is generous, and it's patient, and it always wins - but in the heart of it's strength lies weakness; one lone candle is enough to hold it back.
Love is more than a candle.
Love can ignite the stars.
Alexander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 12:54 PM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for starting Alex!

Finally a new episode and one with Lois.
I see e x t r a o r d i n a r y m a g i c in you
Rachel
now.it.all.begins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 09:17 PM
Elite Fan

Yeah, I'm excited to get the show going again I'm cautiously optimistic about this episode, it could be fun and entertaining or it could really "bomb". I guess we'll wait and see, can't judge it now based on spoilers and trailers only. I'm a bit bummed out we didn't get preview stills from the CW? What's all of that about

The Dark is generous, and it's patient, and it always wins - but in the heart of it's strength lies weakness; one lone candle is enough to hold it back.
Love is more than a candle.
Love can ignite the stars.
Alexander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 09:23 PM
Fan Forum Star

Well going from everything I've heard/seen in spoilers, this episode sounds like it'll be a fun episode with a lot of classic Superman elements. Also I don't think it'll be just a filler episode since Clark will actually have more of a starring role this week instead of being a supporting character in someone else's drama and it will have important character and relationship development. Sounds good to me. But yeah the no stills thing is just stupid.
I see e x t r a o r d i n a r y m a g i c in you
Rachel
now.it.all.begins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 08:25 AM
Fan Forum Hero

So looking forward to this ep! It's good to see the good ol' classic Lois Lane in a superhero get up. I can't wait to see how Erica pulls it off. She's just been absolutely amazing so to see her dawn the leather and in this case the stilleto's, I bet it will be killer
Emma♥Neal
Ron_Beckett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 11:56 AM
Elite Fan

Wow, I had no idea the new episode would be on this week I'm excited to see what will happen...

no more running; no more hiding; no more excuses
enough already.
Lynn - golden roses - snagging @ lj
sweet_zelda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 02:15 PM
Fan Forum Hero

cautiously optimistic about this
Wingster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 09:14 PM
Elite Fan

Can't wait. Hope we get a Chloom sliver, since it's seems heavily Clois this week (totally not complaining - love them too).

kenny | credit
smoothaise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 02:55 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Wahoo, two hours till Smallville. So glad we're getting a new episode tonight!
Emma♥Neal
Old 04-23-2009, 04:13 PM
Elite Fan

It's almost here!
Old 04-23-2009, 07:02 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I miss CLEX! I didn’t like the beginning at all….only Clark should be a superhero. Clark! Oliver being off the grid…not surprised at all. Clark is his own hero! Jimmy! A bartender? Being in business? Jimmy back to taking pictures? Jimmy has gotten his up close and personal with Clark? Clark has a fansite? Romance is the last thing on his mind!! Clark and the backpack! They know something about Jimmy! Omg! Poor Jimmy! Clark would never make up a story to get famous. Clark is no ones sidekick! Davis? Saving Chloe? So it’s really over between Chloe and Jimmy? Superhearing! Random floating meteor rocks? Clark seeing Jimmy. Clark being shot! Jimmy helping Clark! He’ll be fine-of course! He’s Clark! Clark is fine..obviously! Clark can’t die…he’s a real hero! What is going on with Jimmy? Still a druggie..Clark lifting up his shirt! Divorced already? The phone call was a bad idea. That episode was horrible…so boring!
Thor/Loki Charles/Erik Kirk/Spock Zachary/Chris Dexter/Deb Nev/Max Thorin/Bilbo Neal/Peter John/D'avin Thomas/Newt Conrad/Devon Stiles/Scott Richie/Eddie
ocfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 07:43 PM
Loyal Fan

I really liked "Stiletto."

The only bad thing was... strangely, Stiletto. It was kind of underwhelming. I don't know but Erica didn't have as much fun with it as I thought she would. It just never quite got off the ground.

I loved the Chloe/Lois love! Chloe was encouraging to Lois when she couldn't get into the journalism event. Chloe was loving when Lois was feeling low about her Stiletto plan at the Talon. It was great. I think Chloe almost told Lois about Davis wish... wow. That's huge.

Lois/Clark friendship just keeps on getting stronger. Clark knows her so well and showed it the entire episode. I think it's a pretty big deal that Lois takes Clark's advice about her Stiletto story. I enjoyed the banter and the encouragement from Clark. It's interesting but... I think Lois was vulnerable in a new way during this episode. She was feeling vulnerable about being a journalist. So I'm glad that both Chloe and Clark believed in her and were encouraging; even though she made a mess of things with "Stiletto."

I loved the moment where Clark and Lois both have their superhero clothes and they are each waiting for the other to go home for the night. I loved Clark recognizing Lois and disapproving of her scheme. I love Lois swooping down to the rescue though honestly she should have broken a leg or sprained an ankle. LOL! Lois was so emotional when Clark got hurt. <3 I loved Lois' vulnerability when they were back at the DP. She was struggling to say how much it meant to her that Clark risked his life ot save her and he rescues her from having to articulate it and/or say thank you. THEN Clark calls Lois as the RBB. Oh it was wonderful. Visually it made me think of the end Clois scene in "Infamous." It makes up for that scene IMO. I felt like the end of the episode was telling all the Superman/Clois fans, "not yet" in a wonderful way.

Clark was kind of in the background in this episode. He was more of a supporting character I suppose. It didn't feel like it though since RBB was the object of Lois' quest from beginning to end. I guess you could kind of feel the RBB presence during the entire episode. Clark seemed to be taking action and doing a lot of thinking during this episode, which is great. Even though, again, he was trying to be a supporting friend to Chloe and keep Lois out of danger... it really didn't bother me as much as minimal Clark has in the past.

I was expecting this to be a Lois showcase, and Lois was great but Chloe... wow! Allison did a great job. I feel like I'm constantly complaining about Chloe never opening up to anyone about what's going on in her personal life. This episode is no different but they SHOW us what's going on beneath her smiles and lies. Yes she's lying to Clark. I knew it was coming but it's still painful to see. She's pushing him away so that he doesn't find out about Davis (not answering his calls etc.) and on the flip side she has to stay NEAR Davis so he doesn't become a murderous beast. GRR!

There are still some great Chlark friendship scenes. I enjoyed the wink and nod to the shipping fans with Bluretto. LOL! Hilarious. Chloe had fun teasing Clark about that after which Clark announced that romance is the last thing on his mind right now. He's just enjoying his friendship with Chloe. <3

Chloe gets attacked twice. Once at the beginning and then at home. Doomsday tears the thug limb from limb. Chloe neatly disposes of the body. I love the blood on her hands moment. It was kind of heavy handed but I loved it. She cries sitting against the dumpster.

The episode did a great job of keeping Doomsday/Davis present in the episode without showing him, through the phone call and then the attack of that thug. And just in Allison's performance as she lied and held in her horrible secret. Gosh it's going to be hard to watch this Chloe/Doomsday plot for the rest of the season. Torture.

She did a great job in her last scene of the episode with Clark. She lies and lies trying to get him to stop being concerned and just go away. But Clark won't go and he starts breaking down her walls and she's getting upset and starting to cry and finally he leaves. I was really hoping that Doomsday would growl. LOL!

Jimmy! I didn't even expect to see him in this episode. He's a druggie. He's still sad about his divorce from Chloe. Finally some closure. I don't have to keep wondering whether or not they are married. Whew! His scene with Lois/Stiletto was hilarious. He almost got killed but wouldn't give up the info. Lois/Jimmy/Clark fighting for and with each other was great! A definite highlight. I hope he can get off drugs soon and get back to being a professional photographer.

Oliver got a mention. I don't know if Chloe was lying or not... but she said Oliver was... somewhere. Tijuana... no that can't be right.

It was a good episode. There were some weak spots. But I enjoyed it. For an episode that was Lois/RBB focused, they moved all the plot threads forward really well.

I am Tyrion's Wench
LittleLoLo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 05:13 AM
Fan Forum Hero

When is season 8 coming out on dvd?! LOL. I so can't wait to get this season it has just been a total knockout!!!!!!!!

Last night's ep was just absolutely amazing. I posted all of my Clois comments on the Destiny thread.

Jimmy, man I feel for this guy. He is definately at his darkest hour.

Lois- she was a total trip. Anything to get the RBB's attention.

Definately rate this ep a 10.
Emma♥Neal
Old 04-24-2009, 10:23 AM
Fan Forum Hero

decent ep
- Lois didn't consider what she was doing was wrong before people got hurt?
- Chloe's really in over her head...she really has no one to turn to about this since they may try to interfere and get hurt or worse

great acting all around especially AM
Wingster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 06:09 PM
Master Fan

The Cousins are back! That first scene and the Talon scene were amazing, I have a feeling that Chloe almost told Lois about Davis, but stopped herself, if that's so. That's pretty amazing, some a pair that don't have that much time on screen. My favorite Chloe scene above all had to be the scene with Chloe taking the garbage out, she just completely broke down. The next episodes are really going to shape Chloe's decisions on how to deal with Davis.

The shipper site,made me actually laugh out loud. It's just so beyond cute and so awesome.

Clark and Lois. Besides being utterly amazing during the episode really had some amazing moments,some of the best this season, IMO. I just loved that Clark knew it was Lois, and then Lois pulling the British accent and everything. I loved that Lois took Clark's advice about the article and we can tell how much this friendship has flourished in amongst the feelings they both have for each other.When Clark took t he bullet for Lois, I just almost lost it. He fully knew that he didn't have his powers but he still took it, and Lois was so emotional during that scene.

It was also really good to see Jimmy, and not acting quite as weird as last time.

Overall I give it a 9.5/10
eiluvial is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread