Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

  New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread
 
Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-20-2009, 11:47 AM
  #16
Elite Fan

 
Spike it up's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2001
Posts: 32,401
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingster (View Post)
we haven't seen him be passionate for it though...i'd like to see him work and try to rise up in rank...may resonate better with me since he didn't deserve to get hired in the first place really
Clark's priority is saving people. There's nothing wrong with that.
He loves reporting well enough. He wrote for school papers, it's not something he came up with out of the blue. It doesn't have to be his biggest passion in life. He's dedicated to his job. We saw Clark following more leads this season than we for example saw Chloe chase storylines in all her years at the Daily Planet.
Quote:
yea it was nice to see Chloe called out on stopping Jimmy from doing something he regrets...tasering may be extreme but she didn't have time to think rationally
She was close enough to press teaser into his back. That means she was close enough to grab his hand and stop him. Yelling "Jimmy, stop. Don't do this." or anything similar would also do fine. Discharging some 50,000 volts of electricity in his back should not be the first option. Especially since he's still recovering from his recent injuries.
Quote:
considering Jimmy didn't mention her not visiting i think it's safe to say it happened offscreen
He was there for 5 weeks. For most of that time we saw Chloe living in Metropolis. There was no reason for her not to go and be by her husband's side.
Yes, Allison is scheduled to be in all 22 episodes, but that is not an excuse and does not make Chloe look any less bad. She wasn't with Jimmy, and there was no logical explanation given for that, she didn't even mention him in some episodes.
No matter how you turn it, it doesn't make Chloe look good.
Quote:
i can't put all the blame on Chloe which the show clearly is trying to do since I know of Jimmy's assholishness from previous episodes
If Chloe had any problems with Jimmy, she shouldn't have married him. End of story. She said her vows, but clearly didn't take them seriously enough after the wedding.
__________________
Spike it up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 12:49 PM
  #17
Fan Forum Hero

 
Wingster's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 61,176
hard to do with Braniac in there...all of her actions in the first part of s8 are under question because of it
her actual wedding day was after she had the majority of her memories removed from the past three years

also considering Chloe said she was going to Jimmy and we saw her packing i think it's implied she visited him...and he never mentioned anything to the contrary
__________________
Wingster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 08:39 AM
  #18
Elite Fan

 
Kyls's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2001
Posts: 46,317
Quote:
Yes, Allison is scheduled to be in all 22 episodes, but that is not an excuse
Allison's episode count and Aaron's episode count is an excuse why we didn't see any Chloe/Jimmy scenes. Jimmy said that he knew how much she loved playing Florence Nightingale - so in order for him to feel that, she must have actually visited him a decent amount of times, considering he's in a different city. Otherwise, I agree that it doesn't look good, but I'm mostly able to blame the schedules and writing, rather than Chloe.

And, his issues weren't to do with having a MIA wife. Which brings me to the.. "break up"



Firstly, I'm pretty glad that Chimmy are over. I guess I should have seen it coming that it would all end up as Chloe's fault. Jimmy says that Chloe never trusted him, but considering how quickly and how often his jealousy rears it's head - that's pretty much a two-way street. And this is how they felt before the wedding, so basically, I don't think they should have gotten married and they're both at fault for that.

I can't say I blame Chloe for believing Davis over Jimmy. Davis was pretty convincing and seemed sincere, and has the fact that he's a paramedic and knows about medicine on his side. And then when Chloe saw Jimmy in the hallway after hallucinating her death - no wonder she thought the worse.

I liked the hug between Chloe and Davis. Because for a second I was able to forget about Doomsday and it was just like this nice friendship moment, where he comforted her over her thoughts that Jimmy's condition is her fault. That was sad.. Allison rocked in this episode.

Quote:
She was close enough to press teaser into his back. That means she was close enough to grab his hand and stop him. Yelling "Jimmy, stop. Don't do this." or anything similar would also do fine.
Jimmy was ready to hit Davis over the head with a pole. To Chloe - I think it looked how it looked. And since this was after the 'hallucination episode' back at the hospital, she probably didn't think reasoning with him was going to do it. And I'm sure that Jimmy can overpower Chloe.

In any case, it did suck for Jimmy - who really is right about Davis - that he wasn't believed and was tasered. But I felt worse for Chloe during the actual "marrying you was the biggest mistake of my life." scene. Like I said before.. I think they're both at fault for their marriage being where it is, and the only difference is that she didn't yell horrible things at him in public.



This is the second week in a row that we've seen Doomsday kill Chloe..


And finally, I loved the first Clark/Chloe scene with the "Wardrobe malfunction."

Last edited by Kyls; 03-21-2009 at 08:46 AM
Kyls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 01:34 PM
  #19
Passionate Fan

 
gelin's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 3,024
Thank you Kyls thats exactly what I wanted to say. I hate all that Chloe hate.
gelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 08:11 PM
  #20
Fan Forum Hero

 
smoothaise's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2004
Posts: 59,460
Cris I always enjoy your reviews and I 100% agree with you.
__________________
Sassenach

icon
smoothaise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 09:04 PM
  #21
Fan Forum Hero

 
Wingster's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 61,176
exactly Kyls
it isn't so cut and dry as "but it's her husband"
the issue is more subtle than that and the fact that both sides have vaild points makes the issue great and shows how well written it was

hell i can even see Davis' side
__________________
Wingster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 10:55 PM
  #22
Part-Time Fan
 
Bre723's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 420
I really loved this episode!
__________________
"She told me that, Life is about change. Sometimes it's painful, sometimes it's beautiful, but most of the time it's both."
-Lana Lang
Bre723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 10:36 AM
  #23
Elite Fan

 
Spike it up's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2001
Posts: 32,401
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingster (View Post)
hard to do with Braniac in there...all of her actions in the first part of s8 are under question because of it
And Brainiac would have what exactly to gain by manipulating the body he was in into marrying Jimmy Olsen?
Quote:
also considering Chloe said she was going to Jimmy and we saw her packing i think it's implied she visited him...and he never mentioned anything to the contrary
I didn't say she didn't visit him at all, I said that she wasn't by his side. Lois spent more time with Jimmy when he was recovering than his own wife, and unlike Chloe she actually has a job, yet still found the time to take care of her injured family member.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyls (View Post)
Allison's episode count and Aaron's episode count is an excuse why we didn't see any Chloe/Jimmy scenes. Jimmy said that he knew how much she loved playing Florence Nightingale - so in order for him to feel that, she must have actually visited him a decent amount of times, considering he's in a different city. Otherwise, I agree that it doesn't look good, but I'm mostly able to blame the schedules and writing, rather than Chloe.
That doesn't fly for me.
Kristin wasn't in last few episodes last season when Lana was infected by Brainiac, yet they kept mentioning that Clark was at the hospital, or he mentioned her, or he was looking a way to cure her. They showed that just because someone isn't there, they don't see it as a problem to show other characters are worrying about that person. They didn't do that with Chloe.
If it was an isolated even, then OK, maybe.
But it's part of the pattern with Chloe, and how she treats Jimmy, and that to me spells clearly that they wrote her in that way on purpose.
Quote:
And, his issues weren't to do with having a MIA wife.
Having him mention that would just make him sound needy, especially when there were much bigger problems to address, on which he focused.
Quote:
I can't say I blame Chloe for believing Davis over Jimmy. Davis was pretty convincing and seemed sincere, and has the fact that he's a paramedic and knows about medicine on his side. And then when Chloe saw Jimmy in the hallway after hallucinating her death - no wonder she thought the worse.
Chloe decided to trust Davis over Jimmy before she saw Jimmy hallucinate.
She knew the morphine machine worked just fine the day before.
She didn't even check to see if it's broken now.
She knows Davis was having blackouts in Prey, his blood was under one of the victim's fingernails and he himself thought he was killing people.
So is she just incredibly stupid or playing dense on purpose and ignoring all the warning signs?
Quote:
I liked the hug between Chloe and Davis. Because for a second I was able to forget about Doomsday and it was just like this nice friendship moment, where he comforted her over her thoughts that Jimmy's condition is her fault.
Except they're not friends. She's hugging the guy who kissed her before her wedding, and who has feelings for her.
Even if we ignore the whole "Jimmy saw Davis killing people" thing, that remains.
Quote:
Jimmy was ready to hit Davis over the head with a pole. To Chloe - I think it looked how it looked. And since this was after the 'hallucination episode' back at the hospital, she probably didn't think reasoning with him was going to do it. And I'm sure that Jimmy can overpower Chloe.
She didn't even *try* anything else. Her first choice was to teaser him.
Does she walk around town with taser gun in her hand at ready?
She arrived there, saw Jimmy and Davis, didn't say *anything* until she got to them, took the teaser out of her purse (or wherever she had it), and decided that her only option is to teaser him.
But your argument is that just because Jimmy might overpower his wife, and because for some reason he might have decided that he wants to smash Davis's head so much he just has to do it and all else be damned, that justifies her actions?
Quote:
Originally Posted by no limits (View Post)
Cris I always enjoy your reviews and I 100% agree with you.
Ken.
It's good to post & discuss the show here again.
__________________
Spike it up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 11:21 AM
  #24
Fan Forum Hero

 
Wingster's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 61,176
in that first scene with Davis Chloe and Jimmy she didn't know what to believe...she knew Jimmy was addicted or at least very dependent on the medication
she didn't make any active choice until the tasering, which may have been extreme, but she didn't exactly have time to be rational

Chloe and Davis were friends before the kiss and she attempted to put it all behind her since she considered him a friend...the same way she maintained a friendship with Pete when she knew he had feelings for her

Chloe's actions make sense once you see things through her eyes and not Jimmy's...or even our own

and who knows why Braniac does anything. perhaps to separate Clark and Chloe...he clearly had an influence though...and when the wedding occurred Chloe had most of her memories post s4 erased...hardly the right frame of mind

and Jimmy should have had more class than just being a drama queen in a public place
__________________
Wingster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 12:08 PM
  #25
Fan Forum Star

 
now.it.all.begins's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Erica Durance
 
Joined: Feb 2006
Posts: 153,485
Cris, I have to say that ITA with you 100%.

Quote:
Originally posted by wingster

in that first scene with Davis Chloe and Jimmy she didn't know what to believe...she knew Jimmy was addicted or at least very dependent on the medication
she didn't make any active choice until the tasering, which may have been extreme, but she didn't exactly have time to be rational
But like Cris said she could have checked with one of the nurses to see who was telling the truth and what was going on with the machine instead of accepting Davis' side of the story. Also she did have time to yell out or something instead of tasering her husband who was recovering from severe injuries.

Quote:
Chloe and Davis were friends before the kiss and she attempted to put it all behind her since she considered him a friend...the same way she maintained a friendship with Pete when she knew he had feelings for her
Chloe and Davis were never really just friends. There was always the undercurrent of something more between them, which was why they talked about trying to stay away from each other in Prey. When he kissed her she kissed him back and then she hid it from Jimmy. She should have told him the truth about that. This isn't like the situation with Pete b/c Chloe did not have a significant other at the time that she should have been putting ahead of Pete.

Quote:
and who knows why Braniac does anything. perhaps to separate Clark and Chloe...he clearly had an influence though...and when the wedding occurred Chloe had most of her memories post s4 erased...hardly the right frame of mind
Why would Braniac assume that having Chloe and Jimmy get married would separate Chloe and Clark? As far as he knows Chloe and Clark were always friends, which is why he originally went after Lana, since he knew that Lana and Clark were in a romantic relationship. Since Braniac knows about Lana, I don't think that he'd think that having Chloe marry Jimmy would separate Chloe and Clark. Also, I don't think he cared about Chloe's emotional entanglements. All he cared about was running that program to draw Davis to Chloe.

Quote:
and Jimmy should have had more class than just being a drama queen in a public place
Jimmy was trying to just get out of there, but Chloe pushed him to talk about it. If she hadn't get looking at him like he was insane I don't think he would have gone off on her like that.

But anways aside from that...why isn't anyone talking about the iconic awesomeness that was Clark in the last ep? Like I said in the Clark thread I was so proud of him for sticking to his guns and deciding to use the DP as his cover so that he could save people. I loved his enthusiasm and excitment about doing the thing he does best and I got super excited when he showed Chloe his quick change thing and then he opened up his shirt a bit. The Tess/Clark moments were also great and I enjoyed their game of cat and mouse and then how Clark so obviously tried to get her drunk and how he made her pass out so he could save her w/o her knowing. Lastly, the scene of Clark doing his spin change in the phone booth was fantastic! Way to go Clark! I'm so excited to see you back on track now.

With regards to the Chloe/Davis/Jimmy story, I have to say that Aaron really brought his A-game with the episode with his performance. He was just superb and he really made me feel for Jimmy. The scenes where he was hallucinating and the last scene with Chloe were incredibly well acted. I felt so bad that no one would believe a word of what he was saying, but I loved it that he went to Tess with the story at the end of the episode. Perhaps Tess will rehire him after she finds out that his info pans out?

Davis was a lying, manipulative murderer and it's about time that he started embracing his darker side. And Smallville does love its ironies with Davis in the confessional and the priest encouraging him to continue what he was doing. I find it interesting that before Davis was like "I'm not going to hurt ANYONE" but now that he's realized that when he kills it calms the beast, he's like, "Oh well I guess killing bad guys is okay". That's some pretty messed up shiz he pulled with Jimmy, although I understand why he would do that. He has to cover his tracks. SW did a great job in this episode esp in the scene where Doomsday was about to come out. It was like he was being tortured and trying his best to escape from his tormentors. One of the many things I was confused about though was what was up with the last shot of Davis in the rain? Where was he? Was he standing outside Chloe's window? B/c if wasn't and was just hanging around somewhere then that shot was pretty...but pointless.

Overall I enjoyed the episode and am really looking forward to next week.
__________________
I never thought there'd be someone like you who would want me, so I give you ten thousand reasons to not let me go
But if you really see me, if you like me for me and nothing else
Well, that's all that I've wanted for longer that you could possibly know
Rachel

Last edited by now.it.all.begins; 03-22-2009 at 12:29 PM
now.it.all.begins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 12:45 PM
  #26
Fan Forum Hero

 
Wingster's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 61,176
because he knows of Chlark's intense bond

Chloe never really kissed back...it wasn't long enough for her to do so
it lasted all of 2 seconds

who's to say she didn't intend to ask a nurse or someone...but seeing Jimmy in that state later is a big red flag

Davis doesn't have much of a choice...he isn't in control of the "beast" who kills anyone around
so he becomes a bit of a vigilante

Clark imo still has quite a bit to go to become Superman
__________________

Last edited by Wingster; 03-22-2009 at 12:50 PM
Wingster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 02:59 AM
  #27
Elite Fan

 
Kyls's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2001
Posts: 46,317
Quote:
But like Cris said she could have checked with one of the nurses to see who was telling the truth and what was going on with the machine instead of accepting Davis' side of the story.
That I'll agree with. But I can still see it from her POV. When somebody says to you that you can ask somebody reliable to back up their story, your first thought is going to be that they're probably telling the truth. Then Davis made the comment that the machine could have been tampered with. It'd already been established earlier that Jimmy was trying to get more morphine than what he was allowed - while chloe was there to witness it. And she made comments that showed she was worried he was/would get dependant on pain medicine that had obviously stemmed from other visits. And that's not all that uncommon. (getting addicted to pain meds) Then Davis' story became more reliable when she saw the Jimmy incident in the hallway.

Quote:
Also she did have time to yell out or something instead of tasering her husband who was recovering from severe injuries.
From Chloe's POV, something was wrong with Jimmy. Jimmy is no doubt stronger than Chloe. I was watching an episode from Season 5 the other day.. where Chloe was talking about not getting to pick and choose who you save, and that you have to act first, think later. That anyone rescue worker would say that. And Jimmy was about to swing a pole at Davis' head. I'm sure the law would agree that injuring or killing somebody on the suspicion that they murdered someone doesn't make you less at fault. And Chloe thought that Davis was innocent and was trying to protect him too. I think she was trying to do what was best for everyone, with the information she had and what she believed. And maybe she can be faulted for trusting the wrong person, but the evidence wasn't exactly on Jimmy's side.


Quote:
But it's part of the pattern with Chloe, and how she treats Jimmy, and that to me spells clearly that they wrote her in that way on purpose.
Quote:
Having him mention that would just make him sound needy, especially when there were much bigger problems to address, on which he focused.
If it was written that way on purpose, then her being an absent wife should have been something that was brought up when he dumped her. Since it wasn't, then I'm going to have to wait until the issue is actually raised on the show to believe that.

Quote:
She didn't even check to see if it's broken now.
That's because it would have been fixed or replaced by then. At least in my opinion.

Quote:
Except they're not friends.
One person having feelings for the other doesn't mean they can't be friends. I mean look at Chlark for practically the whole series run. Now I don't think she ever kissed him while he was with someone else, and especially not about to marry, but I think Chloe wanted the friendship if she could have it, but was willing to drop it all if he couldn't accept that she was with someone else and didn't want to be with him. (as we saw in Infamous)

I would have preferred that Chloe took her problems to Clark, and I'm not sure why she didn't, but she broke down when she broke down.

Quote:
Does she walk around town with taser gun in her hand at ready?
Jimmy called her. We know that she owns a taser, and she'd earlier watched as hospital staff had to restrain Jimmy.

Quote:
But your argument is that just because Jimmy might overpower his wife, and because for some reason he might have decided that he wants to smash Davis's head so much he just has to do it and all else be damned, that justifies her actions?
It makes her action understandable. Like I mentioned someone above - act first. Our cops have tasers, and I sure wouldn't blame them for tasering someone who was about whack someone over the head. She could have called out, but I'm not sure she thought Jimmy was in a right mind to listen to reason, nor that it'd stop Jimmy from doing something he'd regret.

I mean it's basically like what happened in Splinter. Clark had been infected and was choking Johnathon. Chloe knew she couldn't overpower Clark, so she used kryptonite against him. Jimmy might have nowhere near the strength that Clark does, but they both could have killed another person.
Kyls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 07:26 AM
  #28
Fan Forum Hero

 
Wingster's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 61,176
:bravo:

i don't think people are looking at this with Chloe's eyes
she didn't see what we or Jimmy did...

i don't fault Jimmy for being upset but Chloe did what she thought she had to...why would she all of a sudden remember what Davis told her months ago anyways about the "darkness"?
__________________
Wingster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 09:13 AM
  #29
Elite Fan

 
Spike it up's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2001
Posts: 32,401
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingster (View Post)
i don't think people are looking at this with Chloe's eyes
she didn't see what we or Jimmy did...
But that's the thing - audience isn't supposed to watch every action through every character's eyes. We're observers.
It helps maintain objectivity, and helps you have a perspective and for me personally helps me judge everyone by same criteria.
And in this case there was enough evidence for Chloe to be suspicious of Davis and she ignored it. So when I watch I don't think "oh, what inner anguish she must be feeling", I consider what's on screen.
Quote:
i don't fault Jimmy for being upset but Chloe did what she thought she had to...why would she all of a sudden remember what Davis told her months ago anyways about the "darkness"?
He told her there was blood under his fingernails. It turned out it was victim's blood. Chloe herself suspected then that Davis might be killing people. How could she forget about that?!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingster (View Post)
who's to say she didn't intend to ask a nurse or someone...but seeing Jimmy in that state later is a big red flag
If she asked the nurse she would have known that the machine wasn't broken.

And even if you follow your logic, if she thought Jimmy broke the machine and was dosing himself with too much morphine and Davis was right - she should have went to the nurse right away to check because her husband could possibly overdose. She didn't.
Quote:
Davis doesn't have much of a choice...he isn't in control of the "beast" who kills anyone around
so he becomes a bit of a vigilante
He's not a vigilante. He's a serial killer without any remorse.
And "he doesn't have any choice" is crap excuse. He was dumping garbage bags filled with human body parts back in Bride. Now he's actively killing people. He has no right to decide who lives and who dies, and to play judge, jury and executioner.

He could have come clean. Told someone. Told police and made then realize they can't just lock him up because it's too dangerous. Try to lock himself up in a bunker, or somewhere that looks solid enough, hoping he wouldn't be able to get out after he transforms. Take a trip to a deserted island. There's a *million* things he could have tried to do.
His choice was to start killing.
Quote:
Clark imo still has quite a bit to go to become Superman
He's saving people. He's happy helping people and giving them hope. He's slowing down just so cameras would catch a glimpse of him so people would know someone is out there, protecting them. He's happy working at the Daily Planet.
Flight and cape are missing. But he's pretty much very close to being Superman. He just needs a bit polishing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyls (View Post)
That I'll agree with. But I can still see it from her POV. When somebody says to you that you can ask somebody reliable to back up their story, your first thought is going to be that they're probably telling the truth. Then Davis made the comment that the machine could have been tampered with. It'd already been established earlier that Jimmy was trying to get more morphine than what he was allowed - while chloe was there to witness it. And she made comments that showed she was worried he was/would get dependant on pain medicine that had obviously stemmed from other visits. And that's not all that uncommon. (getting addicted to pain meds) Then Davis' story became more reliable when she saw the Jimmy incident in the hallway.
Blaming Jimmy is absurd. Just because someone is in pain and wants more pain meds to make the pain go away does not mean that person can not be trusted at all.
Hallway incident was *after* Chloe sided with Davis over Jimmy. *After* she ignored all the previous evidence that there might be something wrong with Davis and Jimmy might be telling the truth. And she didn't even check it out.
Quote:
From Chloe's POV, something was wrong with Jimmy. Jimmy is no doubt stronger than Chloe.
So you think she feared he'd attack her if she tried to stop him?
Based on what?
Everything Jimmy did in this episode was to protect her. He called her to tell her who Davis is - twice. Once after he saw him kill someone, and then after he had evidence and wanted him to confess. He freaked out in hallway because he though Doomsday was killing Chloe.
Chloe knew all that. Why would she think Jimmy would hurt her?!
Quote:
I was watching an episode from Season 5 the other day.. where Chloe was talking about not getting to pick and choose who you save, and that you have to act first, think later. That anyone rescue worker would say that. And Jimmy was about to swing a pole at Davis' head. I'm sure the law would agree that injuring or killing somebody on the suspicion that they murdered someone doesn't make you less at fault. And Chloe thought that Davis was innocent and was trying to protect him too. I think she was trying to do what was best for everyone, with the information she had and what she believed. And maybe she can be faulted for trusting the wrong person, but the evidence wasn't exactly on Jimmy's side.
She showed up, took out her taser gun, sneaked up to them and tasered Jimmy. She wasn't doing what's best for *everyone*, she did what was best for Davis. And she started doing it even before that scene in an alley.
Law has nothing to do with this. There was numerous things Chloe could have done, she picked he most hurtful one for Jimmy.
Quote:
That's because it would have been fixed or replaced by then. At least in my opinion.
And if she checked with the nurses she would have known. She didn't.
I'll say it again, if she thought Jimmy was taking too much morphine because he broke the machine she should have gone to the nurses immediately. She didn't.
If the machine was fixed, she'd learn from the nurses. It's not like you can get parts for hospital repairs like that in a gift shop. Jimmy was stuck in a hospital, so he couldn't have fix it himself.
Quote:
One person having feelings for the other doesn't mean they can't be friends. I mean look at Chlark for practically the whole series run. Now I don't think she ever kissed him while he was with someone else, and especially not about to marry, but I think Chloe wanted the friendship if she could have it, but was willing to drop it all if he couldn't accept that she was with someone else and didn't want to be with him. (as we saw in Infamous)
But this wasn't like Infamous. Here she went after Davis, she went to him to comfort her.
She's married and he still has feelings for her. It just doesn't work. You can't have it all. Pick either friendship or marriage, like in Infamous. You can't be married but trust someone else more, and seek comfort from them.
Cheating isn't something that's sex-related only. You can be unfaithful emotionally as well, and Chloe was walking that line pretty darn well here.
Quote:
Jimmy called her. We know that she owns a taser, and she'd earlier watched as hospital staff had to restrain Jimmy.
That's not what I meant. What I meant was that she doesn't walk around town with taser gun in her hand. She had to get it out of her purse when she got there. That means she had enough time to try something else first. But her first impulse - knock Jimmy unconscious and get to Davis.
Quote:
Originally Posted by missingOTH (View Post)
Why would Braniac assume that having Chloe and Jimmy get married would separate Chloe and Clark?
Also, I don't think he cared about Chloe's emotional entanglements. All he cared about was running that program to draw Davis to Chloe.
Exactly.
Brainy didn't go after Chloe, he got stuck with her after he failed to kill her in finale last year. He used her to get to Davis. Everything else about her life is not important to him.
He's a computer, he only had a mission. To bring Doomsday to him.


And agreeing with your post Rachel.
Quote:
But anways aside from that...why isn't anyone talking about the iconic awesomeness that was Clark in the last ep?
Well he was brilliant in this episode. Most people would agree, so there's nothing to debate there.
But yes, Clark was amazing.
Quote:
I got super excited when he showed Chloe his quick change thing and then he opened up his shirt a bit.
I loved that little Superman costume nod.
Quote:
And Smallville does love its ironies with Davis in the confessional and the priest encouraging him to continue what he was doing.
Ha ha. Well to be fair on that priest, Davis didn't really confess anything to him. He was vague as hell. So the priest probably thought he's talking about metaphors, so his advice about fighting the beast was OK. If anything it just showed how Davis has no remorse. He showed up for confession, confessed nothing (though he very well could have since priest can't tell anyone), and just tried to get the priest to give him his blessing to continue killing. Messed up.
__________________
Spike it up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 10:02 AM
  #30
Fan Forum Hero

 
Wingster's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 61,176
considering that Davis was released means that the authorities decided his story checked out...Chloe was hesitant until he told her to ask...to her it must mean he's confident and right to have his theory tested

Quote:
But that's the thing - audience isn't supposed to watch every action through every character's eyes. We're observers.
It helps maintain objectivity, and helps you have a perspective and for me personally helps me judge everyone by same criteria.
And in this case there was enough evidence for Chloe to be suspicious of Davis and she ignored it. So when I watch I don't think "oh, what inner anguish she must be feeling", I consider what's on screen.
we aren't? i disagree...we always have to see things through a character's eyes to understand why they act in a certain way...just like when Clark erased Chloe's memories...i had to see it from his eyes why he would do it..which until he owns up to is always gonna be a black mark for him imo
if Chloe only sees her husband being restrained and attacking someone what is she to do?
i don't think it would have mattered to Jimmy what she did to stop him...the simple act of her doing it hurt him

Quote:
He's not a vigilante. He's a serial killer without any remorse.
And "he doesn't have any choice" is crap excuse. He was dumping garbage bags filled with human body parts back in Bride. Now he's actively killing people. He has no right to decide who lives and who dies, and to play judge, jury and executioner.
but see he has no choice...killing as Davis stops Doomsday from emerging and killing innocents...so regardless someone is going to die...Davis just decided who it is that will...if he didn't then Doomsday would be around on a killing rampage

but we could argue about this all day as both sides have valid points so i'm taking myself out of it
__________________

Last edited by Wingster; 03-23-2009 at 10:49 AM
Wingster is offline   Reply With Quote
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top

Powered by vBulletin, Copyright © 2000-2018.

Copyright © 1998-2018, Fan Forum.