Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-25-2008, 12:06 AM
Passionate Fan

Whoa guys, such positive reviews!!
Am now gonna watch it!
Old 10-25-2008, 02:47 PM
Part-Time Fan

This episode was by far one of my favorite episodes of the season. I love Smallville when it isn't the usual freak-of-the-week storyline. Personally, stand alone episodes are nice once in a while but long arcs are what pull me in. Prey was full of character development and it was quick without being too rushed. Overall, I'll give this episode an A-. Some flaws but nearly perfect.

The Good:
Davis/Chloe: I absolutely adore these two together. There's something about them that just makes me hope they have lots and lots of scenes together. I think there's a depth to their relationship that doesn't exist with Chloe/Jimmy. At the same time, I really wished the writer's didn't rush their feelings with each other. I want it to gradually build up. So, for Davis to really hint that there's something more was just a little too much too soon.

Sam Witwer: Sam is really making a place for himself in Smallville. His acting chops are incredible. The way he can convey fear, uncertainty, and anger all in one episode really make Davis a layered character. I'm very excited for the Davis storyline.

Jimmy: This is exactly what I want for Aaron- to have a storyline that allows Aaron to use that great charm he has. I really love that the writers are having Jimmy in ambition mode with the trying to find the good Samaritan storyline. I used to be Jimmy and Chloe's biggest fan, and still am, but sometimes I feel like their relationship doesn't allow the actor's to really use their acting chops. Aaron is able to do way more than make sad puppy dog eyes.

Chloe/Clark: Them butting heads was a favorite part of the episode for me. The idea that they both want to help people but don't always see eye to eye was a very nice touch to their relationship. I love how Chloe called Clark out on a lot of things that other characters usually keep mum about, and vis versa. I want more Chloe vs. Clark scenes.

Clark: The characterization for Clark has really been great this season. I love how they are showing him be more proactive. But at the same time, he still has the naive farm boy mentality- that conflict he has with desperately trying to put everything on his shoulder versus still having his life.

The Not so Good:
Chloe: I wasn't too big of a fan of her leading those counseling sessions. I don't think she is ready to take on a role like that. Also, I didn't really like how she was so quick to believe Davis but when she saw the blood results paper, she kind of did a 180 with the whole "Davis could have the perfect set up". Maybe it's just me, but I thought there were a lot of things off with Chloe in this episode. But I did see a glimpse of old school Chloe when she tried to find out who really killed Mary. I just wish she could go back to the days when she always went after a story no matter the dangers.

The last scene: Oh how I wish showing the crucifix in the ambulance car was done more subtly. Obviously, Davis is responsible for the killings but it's just more fun to keep it a little more mysterious for a little while longer.

Long post...what can I say I loved the episode.
Old 10-25-2008, 08:44 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
But I did see a glimpse of old school Chloe when she tried to find out who really killed Mary. I just wish she could go back to the days when she always went after a story no matter the dangers.
Thats never going to happen anymore. Not with this show.

I hope if Chloe can't work at the DP (her dream job :rolleyes) can she at lest work at another newspaper?
mjgchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 06:02 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjgchick (View Post)
Thats never going to happen anymore. Not with this show.

I hope if Chloe can't work at the DP (her dream job :rolleyes) can she at lest work at another newspaper?
I thought that she's kind of already said in previous episodes that writing and journalism isn't really her passion anymore. I guess she just wants to help people now.

And I agree about Jimmy/Aaron's role improving on the show. When his story isn't focused around Chloe, it really is nice to see him working for the DP and kind of getting in way over his head.

Join the John Mayer campaign!
**SuperGirl** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 07:47 AM
Fan Forum Hero

she said that but it really doesn't fit...
Wingster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 08:36 AM
Elite Fan

I really enjoyed this episode and it definitely met, if not exceeded my expectations.

I love superhero-Clark a lot, I really enjoyed seeing him help all those people. I was surprised to see Davis with all that blood on him. And he did have slight difficulties in moving, I wonder what's up with that (since apparently, he wasn't injured).
Naturally, me being a girl, I loved the shower scene. Not just because Sam got undressed, but also because this was the beginning of a really strong episode for him. He went through so many emotions, it was truly amazing. I also liked the fact that he started to try and get some evidence about the killings and apparently Clark is on every single one of those pictures.
Spoiler:

I don't think I've ever disliked Clark as much as when he stole those names from Chloe. She has a certain responsibility for those kids and it was unfair to take those names. Also, because I wonder whether he even thought far enough to realize that he actually put Chloe in great danger with that? If one of her kids had found out the names came from her and freaked out at her, they could have easily killed/hurt her. She doesn't have her powers anymore, you dumb alien!
Anyway, I actually enjoy the fact that Chloe didn't go after whoever the killer was, but actually trusted someone. The comics just don't have enough space for two restless reporters and I truly believe that being locked up for several months might have changed her mind about doing what she does. Also, she's had a history of hurting people when investigating, maybe she learned from that. (I remember a certain scene in "Truth" where she asks Clark how she's supposed to know when to stop. Her being involved and in love with Jimmy might also made her realize that it's not only her butt on the line anymore.)

I loved the fact that Davis wasn't found out. But the crucifix thing could have been done a bit more subtly.

I even enjoyed Jimmy's storyline this week, I laughed very hard. He really thinks, everyone is his bro But, honestly, him asking Davis to do it "for Chloe" and not realizing that Davis is head over heels for her, is kind of idiotic. Especially since he seems to see Chloe and Clark getting it on behind his back all the time.

no more running; no more hiding; no more excuses
enough already.
Lynn - golden roses - snagging @ lj
sweet_zelda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 10:17 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I thought that she's kind of already said in previous episodes that writing and journalism isn't really her passion anymore. I guess she just wants to help people now.
I'm just never going to believe that or accept it because of what we have gotten in the past 7 yrs of this show.
Old 10-26-2008, 10:59 AM
Elite Fan

...Wow.

Well, ever since she discovered that she was effected by the meteor I can see how that attitude may have changed her. You might not be able to enjoy the show if you're not accepting the direction in where some of the characters are going. Chloe Sullivan was never meant to work at the DP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweet_zelda (View Post)
Naturally, me being a girl, I loved the shower scene. Not just because Sam got undressed, but also because this was the beginning of a really strong episode for him. He went through so many emotions, it was truly amazing. I also liked the fact that he started to try and get some evidence about the killings and apparently Clark is on every single one of those pictures.
Oh, I almost forgot all about that! The evidence was good, so he has that hanging over Clark's head, at least for now. I think I remember Lex doing the exact same thing. If Clark is really going to be 'saving' people without a disguise, he really needs to be more careful on how to hide his identity and not still be there when the cops show up.

Join the John Mayer campaign!
**SuperGirl** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 11:21 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Chloe Sullivan was never meant to work at the DP.
But that does not mean she was never meant to be a reporter. Her "I'm not passionate about Journalism" was a crock and a slap in the face of fans of hers so I refuse to accept it. I'll stay a bitter fan till the end

I still watch the show because I'm a Superman fan as well as the comic book version.
Old 10-26-2008, 11:44 AM
Elite Fan

I don't think that she's not interested in journalism anymore. I just think that the life she's leading now just doesn't fit with her previous "behaviour" anymore. I think the fact that she is a meteor freak herself has changed her perspective a bit and when she got kidnapped it changed it as well. Now she's simply trying something new, something that's close to her heart; helping other meteor infected people control their abilities might just be what will give her hope to hang on. Ever since she discovered she was infected she tried to get rid of her "gift" or ignore it. I think she's come to accept it and changes her life rapidly now, simply because she needs this in order to not go crazy or something.

Just my opinion though

no more running; no more hiding; no more excuses
enough already.
Lynn - golden roses - snagging @ lj
sweet_zelda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 04:43 PM
New Fan

The episode was great!!! Sam was awesome and Chlovis were so cute
DisTer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 06:42 PM
Fan Forum Hero

i agree with that perspective Lynn
Old 10-26-2008, 07:13 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingster (View Post)
i agree with that perspective Lynn
I agree some what, from what I have been reading she is not a meteor freak anymore she lost that power, she used it all up healing herself.

And her super brain is not from being around meteors, it's from brainy himself.

I don't think she doesn't want to be a reporter anymore because of her past powers I think it has to do with Tess/Lex Involvement at the DP.

εïз Flickr Account ||Cary|| Pearsonal Journal εïз
pearl_illusions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 08:51 PM
Fan Forum Hero

yea lex kinda stamped it out of her
Old 10-28-2008, 08:39 PM
Elite Fan

I know some of you are very passionate about where your favorite character may or may not be headed, but remember that the most important thing is that the integrity of the story, the fate of the character ends up in a place where they belong. Finding each character a place for this season and any other possible seasons required Chloe to "move out" of her Daily Planet/Journalism role and into her own.

You may not accept it or support it, but it's happened. It's a fact. Don't let it ruin the enjoyment of watching the show for you by dwelling on this. Allison Mack seems happy with the direction of Chloe (haven't read anything to contradict that so I'm guessing, but it's an educated guess). Maybe it's time to focus on the positives for Chloe in S8.

She is the female lead of the show. She's into her own, allowing her to work on projects, work with Clark, or Oliver, or anyone else. She's got a new ability. She's engaged. There is a new man in her life, as Davis and Chloe have an intense friendship (to say the least right now).

There is so much to be excited about as a Chloe/Allison Mack fan.

Don't let the fact that she's not working at the DP ruin S8 for you.

Just a suggestion of course, nothing more

Alex

The Dark is generous, and it's patient, and it always wins - but in the heart of it's strength lies weakness; one lone candle is enough to hold it back.
Love is more than a candle.
Love can ignite the stars.
Alexander is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread