smoothaise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 07:40 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Can't wait to see it!
Emma♥Neal
Ron_Beckett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 07:53 PM
Master Fan

I really liked tonight's episodes. It seemed to set up a lot of potential storylines. I'm loving all the characters this season and the direction they're going. It was nice to see John again and I'm hoping we get to see a lot more of him in future episodes. Davis's and Tess's meteor freak team recruit storylines have intrigued me and I can't wait to see how they play out. This season has been awesome so far and I hope it remains that way.
OTHFanatic05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 08:45 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by no limits (View Post)
ITA with you Alex! Brava!
I guess I was correct to be excited about this episode

I'll be back with more thoughts etc later. Too good not to discuss with others!

The Dark is generous, and it's patient, and it always wins - but in the heart of it's strength lies weakness; one lone candle is enough to hold it back.
Love is more than a candle.
Love can ignite the stars.
Alexander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 08:48 PM
Fan Forum Star

It was a good episode and I loved seeing the return of Martian Manhunter and Davis. MM how very clever of you to become a cop and look out for Clark. Sam Witter's peformance was stellar and I particularly liked his scene with Chloe at Isis. Clark was acting so Superman like tonight and I was very proud of him for it. I was impressed that he was taking the time to listen in to police broadcasts and then we got to see him saving all those people and that super jump was really cool. This episode also did a really good job at setting things up for future episodes like with Jimmy learning about this good Samaritan and wanting to find out more about him and with MM telling Clark to be more careful. Overall I enjoyed it, though not as much as the past few eps, since of course I missed Lois.
I see e x t r a o r d i n a r y m a g i c in you
Rachel
now.it.all.begins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 10:38 PM
Elite Fan

Sam Witwer owned this episode! But, like you said Welling more than held his own. The leap onto the building gave me goosebumps!

kenny | credit
Old 10-24-2008, 12:04 AM
Loyal Fan

It was better than the last 2 episodes.
*Butterflies* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 04:43 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Dude totally loved this episode! So glad someone posted it on YT so I could watch it on Thurs rather than having to wait until today.

Sam totally proved himself.

And the kid with the copy cat ability to copy the true killer- nice move by the writers. Of course we all know who the killer is but the characters aren't so obvious to it as we are which is what makes it fun.

Loved how John Jones came back. A detective who just happens to know a reporter. Excellent! Nothing suspicious what so ever.

And Jimmy all about finding the mysterious vigilante- that should be fun. And I loved his scenes with JJ.

Oh and then of course there was "the giant leap for mankind". The more I think about it, the more I'm satisfied if Clark never flies in 'Smallville'. I mean originally Clark was never able to fly anyways, that was added on much later. So in that sense, they're staying real to the true and original Superman.

My favorite quotes of the night were these:

JJ: can't save everyone clark.
CK: the moment I believe that is when I stop trying

I thought this was one of the coolest things Clark has said in a very long time because as we all know, he never stops trying!

JJ: where did you get this list?
CK: i memorized it off chloe's desk.
JJ: i didn't realize photo graphic memory was among your abilities
CK: it's more like speed reading but lets not split hairs.

I was so wondering when this would be mentioned! Out of all of Clark/Superman's abilities, I've always envied his speed reading.
Emma♥Neal
Old 10-24-2008, 08:01 AM
Addicted Fan

Davis RAWKS!
Old 10-24-2008, 09:05 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by R2Roswell (View Post)
And the kid with the copy cat ability to copy the true killer- nice move by the writers. Of course we all know who the killer is but the characters aren't so obvious to it as we are which is what makes it fun.
Yeah, that was a good idea because it kind of takes the suspicion off of Clark and Chloe's mind about Davis being the killer. Gives him more room and time to do more.

I really don't know anything about Doomsday, so I'm not going to pretend I do. But I really like seeing him develop more into this dark character. We've really been lacking this kind of darker scene since Lex left, so it's keeping things exciting and I can't wait to see where they take him and what he does next. No more black-outs, I want to see him in action!

I'm still counting down until Kara comes back.

Join the John Mayer campaign!
**SuperGirl** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 09:14 AM
Fan Forum Hero

glad they mentioned the speed reading
and hope John is back soon
Wingster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 09:39 AM
Extreme Fan

i liked this episode. its about time clark start saving people that have nothing to do with him. i don't like clark and chloe not getting along .

one complaint i do have is that it didn't explain what the kids motive was, why was he killing random people. also where he got his abilities, does that have something to do with it. it seems like smallville has forgot how to do a good freak-of-the-week episode.

over all this season has been so much better than season seven. even though this episode lacked ollie, it still continued that path. i can't wait for next week.
Old 10-24-2008, 12:19 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue4815162342 (View Post)
i over all this season has been so much better than season seven.
Most definately! I wasn't a big fan of season. In fact out of all the seasons I think it was among one of the weaker ones (in my OP).

Thankfully season 8 has made up for that.
Emma♥Neal
Old 10-24-2008, 02:34 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue4815162342 (View Post)
i liked this episode. its about time clark start saving people that have nothing to do with him. i don't like clark and chloe not getting along .

one complaint i do have is that it didn't explain what the kids motive was, why was he killing random people. also where he got his abilities, does that have something to do with it. it seems like smallville has forgot how to do a good freak-of-the-week episode.

over all this season has been so much better than season seven. even though this episode lacked ollie, it still continued that path. i can't wait for next week.
To answer your question, it wasn't a fotw episode, it's a complete story arch. The other kid was taking credit for something he didn't do...since it was Davis who did. Make sense?

Ironically this storyline is extremly similar to what happened on s1 of Dexter, which Witwer played the copy-cat.

kenny | credit
Reply   Post New Thread