Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-13-2008, 07:38 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Butterflies* (View Post)
The episode sucked Clark was lying,Chloe was lying.It was a bunch of BS.Atleast be honest which those two have never been good at.Clark always agrees with whatever she says cause he thinks that's what she wants.And I could maybe having Chloe move with somebody else if it wasn't Jimmy.There relationship has never worked and after 2 years she's still not in love with him.And she never will be.They are stuffing Chimmy down our throats and I'm tired of it.Jimmy should be gone not Kara.I don't like how they are writing Chloe this season at all.Chloe and Jimmy don't get married and they break up mid season.
The episode sucked because Clark didn't confess his undying love for Chloe? What did he lie about?

I think that Jimmy is still essential to the storyline, maybe not right now, but he will be. If something isn't right with Chloe or Jimmy, I'm sure one of them will realize it and call off the wedding if they need to. He just needs to work on his insecurities with Clark. Some people never get over their first love, it's a fact. I forgot about that "BFF" line, it was cute.

Join the John Mayer campaign!
**SuperGirl** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 01:16 PM
Elite Fan

I think Jimmy is essential for Chloe to grow up and move on from Clark. And, he's in the comics
But really, I think that the relationship between Chloe and Clark is going to change and it needs to (ahem, comics again, you know) and she won't ever not help Clark unless there is someone else in her life that she cherishes. I think Jimmy can be that person, he can help her find her own life, instead of just being the sidekick.
I admit that I am not necessarily a fan of their relationship (I think, if Clark finally opened his eyes and swooped her away, that would be great, or her and Davis ), but I think it's important for Chloe's character to set her priorities straight.

I can't say much about this last episode, because I haven't watched it, yet (probably this weekend, though, I might get a two episode special ), but I am very excited for next week's episode and the Chloe/Jimmy interaction. I do hope he'll get her a different ring for the engagement party, though

no more running; no more hiding; no more excuses
enough already.
Lynn - golden roses - snagging @ lj
sweet_zelda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 08:34 PM
Fan Forum Hero

i still don't see where lois and clark developed this "strong bond" especially since they were both hung up on other people for several years...show us don't tell us
Wingster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 09:43 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingster (View Post)
i still don't see where lois and clark developed this "strong bond" especially since they were both hung up on other people for several years...show us don't tell us
A bond doesn't necessarily have to be developed on the basis of romantic feelings.
That's my dream for these characters."
- Kaley Cuoco
*Nora* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 10:17 PM
Fan Forum Hero

true but that's what they seem to be getting at
and if it's meant to be platonic...they were still not that good of friends
Old 10-13-2008, 10:59 PM
Master Fan

In the sense that they snuggle under a blanket and talk about sex? No. But they sure as hell had their share of moments over the past 4 years. To me Lois' outburst made absolute sense. Whenever they had a moment Lois tried to snap out of it by punching him playfully on the shoulder or making a joke or whatever, she's just not good at being emotional (which is the case in ANY Lois portrayal btw). She likes being in control. Reminds me of a Lois quote in 'Lois & Clark':

Quote:
Lois: Mom, Clark is the best thing in my life. And I almost missed him because I was too busy controlling....my work, my feelings, everything. I got lucky - he made me notice him.
And it was so clear that she always saw the dorky, albeit lovable farmboy in Clark. Now she finally started to see the man and catching him with Maxima just stopped her cold. It left her completely exposed to her sudden rush of feelings she didn't even know she had.

But I mean that's all a matter of opinion, isn't it?

I dunno. Maybe I'd feel differently if I hadn't been a Lois & Clark fan for nearly 15 years now. I just can't imagine a Clark Kent without his Lois Lane. It'd be like Mulder without Scully.
That's my dream for these characters."
- Kaley Cuoco
*Nora* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 06:47 AM
Fan Forum Hero

i have no problem with her slowly realizing that she has feelings...key word there is slowly

they had moments but in terms of friends/people he would talk to lois didn't rank very high

so yea that strong bond comment is a bit out of place....
Old 10-14-2008, 04:57 PM
Elite Fan

While I liked the episode (as a member of the male straight species, I was strongly influenced by Maxima's hotness) Overall it got fair to bad reviews online by the people who review SV eps on a weekly basis. I tend to keep up with 2 places, K-Site and Supermanhomepage reviews just to see what other fans of the show think (outside of fanforum).

Ratings were fine, so at least people watched, inspite of the poor reviews.

The Dark is generous, and it's patient, and it always wins - but in the heart of it's strength lies weakness; one lone candle is enough to hold it back.
Love is more than a candle.
Love can ignite the stars.
Alexander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 11:42 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
as a member of the male straight species, I was strongly influenced by Maxima's hotness
I was just talking about a similar thing with Sarah (Talkative One) about how they put goodlooking guys on Sci Fi shows so that girls would watch, too. Apparently that goes for the girls as well

no more running; no more hiding; no more excuses
enough already.
Lynn - golden roses - snagging @ lj
sweet_zelda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 06:53 PM
Fan Forum Legend

eternalfate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 11:59 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Here and ready. Not sure but I think I didn't care for this episode much.
Old 07-15-2017, 11:59 AM
Fan Forum Star

I don't think I liked it much either
broken melody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 12:00 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Started
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by broken melody (View Post)
I don't think I liked it much either
Do you want to skip it and go to episode 8x05?
Fan Forum Star

Started too
broken melody is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread