Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 09-29-2008, 09:20 AM
Elite Fan

Hey, I've been lurking, but I couldn't resist. And please, all my comments are original material.

Matt, I don't like Tess at all, but I guess that's the point of her character. She's got a crush on Clark, but who doesn't?

Join the John Mayer campaign!
**SuperGirl** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 10:36 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strider (View Post)
Michael has left the show, so they had to write Lex out of the story. He isn't dead. Just fill in your own "story" about where Lex could be right now. My version is that he's on a private tropical island, recovering from near death, and plotting his revenge.

I had no idea, but I thank you for the information. Wow, that really sucks. Lex was one of the parts I liked best about the show. Wonder why he left.

I hope it's not to chase a movie career.
The Perfect Neurotic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 11:36 AM
Master Fan

We duno, he probably just wants to move on with his life. 7 years of just being the bad guy, he must want something different.

But I think Doomsday is a great choice. ALex i totally agree with you , the Smallville world has really tried alot of the classic villians. Doomsday was a great choice, plus the actor is fantastic!

Visit Castle | icon[x]
CJG18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 11:48 AM
Part-Time Fan

Yeah, he's a good actor. He played a wannabe serial killer on Dexter and really pulled it off. I just don't want this guy coming between Chloe and Jimmy.

Well, Lex is gone. Maybe he'll be back because him just kind of disappearing isn't really working for me. Once Clark becomes Superman, he'll need his true arch nemesis.
Old 09-29-2008, 01:41 PM
Fan Forum Hero

the show to me has always been about the man becoming superman...he doesn't actually become supes
so i would've preferred him working toward that and working toward the dp...we don't see the future but it would be set up so we know what it is
Wingster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 09:34 PM
Elite Fan

I have to be honest, and this opinion is completely of my own. but... I don't miss Lex or Lana. I like the idea of throwing in new blood. And that was the problem I kept having with S6-7. Don't get me wrong, I loved both characters... but to me, after seeing these first 2 epsodes, it's obvious they both ran there course and it was time to move the show and shift in a new direction. And you can tell there is a new team behind the show... and that's a good thing. Tess & Davis are fantastic... and I couldn't be happier they are regulars this season. As for Chloe, wow... she has alot of chemistry with Davis... and I was feelin' it. As was Clark at the DP with Lois as his mentor. This is the kind of stuff I was always hoping SV would cover... and it's starting to and hey, it's the 8th season... sometimes the show grows stale, but it seems now... the show is getting back on track and moving past old trappings... and becoming fresh again.
smoothaise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 09:44 PM
Master Fan

Ok wow..

everything you just said.

Amen

Visit Castle | icon[x]
Old 09-29-2008, 10:28 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by no limits (View Post)
I have to be honest, and this opinion is completely of my own. but... I don't miss Lex or Lana. I like the idea of throwing in new blood. And that was the problem I kept having with S6-7. Don't get me wrong, I loved both characters... but to me, after seeing these first 2 epsodes, it's obvious they both ran there course and it was time to move the show and shift in a new direction. And you can tell there is a new team behind the show... and that's a good thing. Tess & Davis are fantastic... and I couldn't be happier they are regulars this season. As for Chloe, wow... she has alot of chemistry with Davis... and I was feelin' it. As was Clark at the DP with Lois as his mentor. This is the kind of stuff I was always hoping SV would cover... and it's starting to and hey, it's the 8th season... sometimes the show grows stale, but it seems now... the show is getting back on track and moving past old trappings... and becoming fresh again.
Ken...that was a well thought out and intelligent post.

While I disgree with you about Lex, I do think that Lana being off the show isn't hurting the story right now. I had remained hopeful that Lex would return to us, but Michael has moved on, so now I've accepted that and embraced the changes on SV with an open mind.

Davis is a very promising character. One thing that Clark has is the dual "identity" sort of, (although he's not superman yet), well with Davis you have the same thing. It sets up an interesting dynamic. Contrast.

Quote:
I had no idea, but I thank you for the information. Wow, that really sucks. Lex was one of the parts I liked best about the show. Wonder why he left.

I hope it's not to chase a movie career.
You are welcome. That's what we are here for. Help out with questions, etc about the show.

As far as we know, when I asked Michael that very question, he just simply told me that it was time for him to move on toward other projects. He does have a lot of scrips in the works, and a movie project in the works that he is waiting to get green lighted. He'll be playing one of the leads. But he's totally done with SV.

Quote:
the show to me has always been about the man becoming superman...he doesn't actually become supes
so i would've preferred him working toward that and working toward the dp...we don't see the future but it would be set up so we know what it is
He isn't superman right now? Just b/c he's working at the DP doesn't mean that he's reached the point of becoming Superman, making SV (irrelevant). If you follow your logic, they should have ended the show back after S4 when they all graduated from HS. Since they didn't want to do SV (the college years), they mettled for 3 seasons, but now have finally gone the DP route. If anything, I really wish that after S4, they started moving on toward the DP angle at that point. But that's besides the point.

K, you are not supposed to like Tess. However, you have to admit she's interesting

The Dark is generous, and it's patient, and it always wins - but in the heart of it's strength lies weakness; one lone candle is enough to hold it back.
Love is more than a candle.
Love can ignite the stars.
Alexander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 09:15 AM
Master Fan

I agree, just because he is working at the DP doesn't mean the show is over. He can work there for a while, before he even becomes the famous Clark Kent, the all star reporter. I think they can leave the show with him coming to the realization that he needs a costume & perhaps finally go on a date with Lois lol

Visit Castle | icon[x]
Old 09-30-2008, 09:54 AM
Elite Fan

Well, didn't it take a while for Clark and Lois' relationship to really grow anyway? She was always more in love with "Superman", and it was Clark who had the obvious crush on her.

Hey, some people might like Tess. She hasn't done anything too hardcore yet, so we'll see how she develops.

Join the John Mayer campaign!
**SuperGirl** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 01:06 PM
Elite Fan

While I miss Lex a lot, I have to agree that I don't miss Lana at all. I liked her character, but I really think that it's simply time for Lois and Clark to get together. Also, it's time for Clark to see Chloe for who she is (a woman, actually, ya know ).
I like Davis Bloom a lot. The actor is fantastic, and he has serious chemistry with Chloe. Now I hate the fact that he's Doomsday and she looks like she's marrying Jimmy, because they would make a wonderful couple

I think that this season is one that I will seriously follow. The first two episodes were already intriguing and I can't wait for the next one. I am glad about the new characters; Justin Hartley is back; the woman who plays Tess is quite good, too.

I like where they're going with Chloe, too. I was very much upset with them when they "kicked" her off the DP, because she always dreamed of being a reporter and Lois just kind of slid into it (not to mention the fact that last season she slept with their editor, which was the worst thing they could have done to her character...). But I think that Chloe will find a new dream in the Isis Foundation and hopefully she will be able to continue her work for the Justice League. Can you tell how much I like her character?

no more running; no more hiding; no more excuses
enough already.
Lynn - golden roses - snagging @ lj
sweet_zelda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 02:20 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweet_zelda (View Post)
While I miss Lex a lot, I have to agree that I don't miss Lana at all. I liked her character, but I really think that it's simply time for Lois and Clark to get together. Also, it's time for Clark to see Chloe for who she is (a woman, actually, ya know ).
I think Clark has always loved Chloe, but as a best friend. I'm one of the few who wished that he would see her in another light, esp. in the early seasons of the show, but SV has never taken the step forward to Clark/Chloe to be a legit couple pairing on the show.

Quote:
I like Davis Bloom a lot. The actor is fantastic, and he has serious chemistry with Chloe. Now I hate the fact that he's Doomsday and she looks like she's marrying Jimmy, because they would make a wonderful couple
So far Sam Witwer has won over just about all the SV fans with 1 episode. Imagine what the rest of the season will be like? Again, no matter how good an actor is, if the material isn't up to par, he'll look like he doesn't belong. So let's hope they keep the writting going for the rest of the season (with a few minor gripes, creative team has done a good job)

Quote:
I think that this season is one that I will seriously follow. The first two episodes were already intriguing and I can't wait for the next one. I am glad about the new characters; Justin Hartley is back; the woman who plays Tess is quite good, too.
Justin will be back in a big way this next episode. It's an Oliver Queen centric episode

Quote:
I like where they're going with Chloe, too. I was very much upset with them when they "kicked" her off the DP, because she always dreamed of being a reporter and Lois just kind of slid into it (not to mention the fact that last season she slept with their editor, which was the worst thing they could have done to her character...). But I think that Chloe will find a new dream in the Isis Foundation and hopefully she will be able to continue her work for the Justice League. Can you tell how much I like her character?
Glad to see an open minded Chloe fan excited about the character's change of direction and willing to give it a chance.

The Dark is generous, and it's patient, and it always wins - but in the heart of it's strength lies weakness; one lone candle is enough to hold it back.
Old 10-01-2008, 12:02 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
So far Sam Witwer has won over just about all the SV fans with 1 episode. Imagine what the rest of the season will be like? Again, no matter how good an actor is, if the material isn't up to par, he'll look like he doesn't belong. So let's hope they keep the writting going for the rest of the season (with a few minor gripes, creative team has done a good job)
You're probably right One of the reasons as to why I don't like Jimmy is his past storyline. Aaron Ashmore is a great actor as well, but I think he didn't have much to work with.

Quote:
Justin will be back in a big way this next episode. It's an Oliver Queen centric episode
As I said, I am already loving this season a lot Can't wait for tomorrow

no more running; no more hiding; no more excuses
enough already.
Lynn - golden roses - snagging @ lj
sweet_zelda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 06:31 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by **SuperGirl** (View Post)
Well, didn't it take a while for Clark and Lois' relationship to really grow anyway? She was always more in love with "Superman", and it was Clark who had the obvious crush on her.
That's what I think. Clark's supposed to be the gaga one. I wish they'd take it from that angle. Put those glasses on Tom and get to it already!

Now Lois seems to be falling for him. I hate story changes.
Old 10-01-2008, 09:12 AM
Elite Fan

Good discussion going everyone, let's keep it up as we move on to the next thread and next episode of S8.

Thank you all for the participation. Last year we weren't generating much discussion and so far you all have been outstanding, so thank you again, Rachel and me appreciate everyone's participation

Alex

Reply   Post New Thread