Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-16-2008, 04:35 AM
Elite Fan

I liked the episode.
It felt more like any regular episode than season finale, but the last 5 minutes more than made up for it!

I'm completely emotionally satisfied. And as a Clex fan and as a Clois fan I couldn't be happier.

Clex.
Oh where to start. It was so them, and it was so obvious they still care about each other. With Clark trying to reason with Lex until the end, and Lex actually believing he's doing the right thing and being the saviour of mankind. And he wasn't able to leave Clark behind! Because while it was the destroyer and threat to the human race Lex felt he had to destroy, it was Clark, his once best friend and only person who believed in him, that he stayed with. Oh boys. What a Clex send off.

Clois.
Lois cemented her role as Clark's friend and confidant tonight. She had his best interest at heart at all times, and she was there for him when he needed her. She felt his pain, and cried for him, and Clark saw how much she cares for him and let her see his pain and comfort him. It was such a good parallel to Siren, and it was fantastic to see Clark open up to someone and let someone comfort him and share his pain. They are both such guarded individuals, yet they are both comfortable enough to be vulnerable around each other. There was buckets of emotional support in this episode, and that is the foundation of future Clois. They might have just platonic feelings now, but what a strong friendship we've been shown they have.
And I was thrilled to see Lois push Clark to apply for a job at the Daily Planet. How many times has she seen him there, it's no wonder she thinks he might be interested. Plus, it's always nice to see someone believe in him, even without knowing about his powers.

If someone told me I'd like Clana break up not just because it will be a definite, final (!), end to that relationship I would have called them crazy.
But Kristin did a wonderful job and it was a great scene. Poor Clark, he looked so heart broken. When Lois showed up and went to hug him I was barely holding it together.
I must say I didn't see the break up coming, probably because I thought they'd do it face to face and with Kristin in Thailand I didn't expect it. But I'm happy they did it because now we can start fresh next year. It's a shame Kristin wasn't here to end the relationship properly though, so I do hope we'll see them find mutual peace and acceptance about the end of their relationship and move on as friends without any heartache next season.

I also hope poor Kara doesn't end up trapped in the Phantom Zone for a long time.
Bring her back, show needs family dynamic.

Chloe was OK in this episode. It was good to see her be useful when she offered to be the one to stop Kara with the kryptonite.
I can't really see her being arrested as a cliff-hanger, as we know she'll be back next season, so you can bet they'll probably have Ollie get her out of jail offscreen in the first episode.

It was good to see James again.
But how could they not realize right away that Kara was Brainiac?
So did Clark destroy Brainiac for good this time? It somehow seemed too easy.

Speaking of too easy - just how naive is Jimmy? Did he really think that Lex Luthor, the guy who killed his father few episodes ago and send his minion after the proof Jimmy had of it, whose minion shot Lois and locked both of them in the freezer and left them to die, *that* Lex freaking Luthor would let him out of the deal they made because his tummy ache?! *head desk*
If Jimmy who just showed up in Metropolis and knew nothing about Lex did that - then OK.
But this just made him look stupid.

And what was with proposal?
While I did find him truthful, it came out of nowhere, made no sense, and took away way too much screen time. Screen time that could have been better spend at that last Clex scene. Especially as this was Michael's last episode. *le sigh*

BTW wasn't there a scene in one of the trailers with Lex in a parka looking at the FoS? What happened to that scene?!

All in all:
Thank you Michael Rosenbaum for 7 wonderful years!
I hope to bob you'll be back at least for the finale next year.
The show won't be the same without you.
Old 05-16-2008, 05:38 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike it up (View Post)

Clois.
Lois cemented her role as Clark's friend and confidant tonight. She had his best interest at heart at all times, and she was there for him when he needed her. She felt his pain, and cried for him, and Clark saw how much she cares for him and let her see his pain and comfort him. It was such a good parallel to Siren, and it was fantastic to see Clark open up to someone and let someone comfort him and share his pain. They are both such guarded individuals, yet they are both comfortable enough to be vulnerable around each other. There was buckets of emotional support in this episode, and that is the foundation of future Clois. They might have just platonic feelings now, but what a strong friendship we've been shown they have.
And I was thrilled to see Lois push Clark to apply for a job at the Daily Planet. How many times has she seen him there, it's no wonder she thinks he might be interested. Plus, it's always nice to see someone believe in him, even without knowing about his powers.
I have to say I agree with everything you have just said!

It's amazing that Clark let out his emotions. When he saw Lois he quickly tried to cover up his tears but when he saw her cry for him he felt it was okay. Clark has never let out his emotions in front of anyone except for Lois. As far as his sentemental and soft emotions such as the crying goes. Not even in front of Chloe who knows his secret. It's cool to see that with all of that good friendship, it has developed deep enough to the point where they can break down around each other and the other will be there to offer support. Both Clark and Lois don't feel the need to hide from each other. They're both excellent at putting up brave fronts when they are around other people but when it's just them they can let those walls break. It's what makes the two work.

---> As for the fortress breaking down I thought that was sweet! It really sets things up for the Superman movies because now it makes it seem that the one Clark went to was a new version of the fortress. It has that sort of Star Wars ring to it where the ships and things in the last 3 movies are supposed to be the newer models from the prequel movies.
Emma♥Neal
Ron_Beckett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 06:58 AM
Fan Forum Hero

great ep...i wonder how they'll explain lex's absence

great acting all around...next season will have a huge hole in it due to michael
Wingster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 07:11 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by R2Roswell (View Post)
,It's amazing that Clark let out his emotions. When he saw Lois he quickly tried to cover up his tears but when he saw her cry for him he felt it was okay. Clark has never let out his emotions in front of anyone except for Lois. As far as his sentemental and soft emotions such as the crying goes. Not even in front of Chloe who knows his secret. It's cool to see that with all of that good friendship, it has developed deep enough to the point where they can break down around each other and the other will be there to offer support. Both Clark and Lois don't feel the need to hide from each other. They're both excellent at putting up brave fronts when they are around other people but when it's just them they can let those walls break. It's what makes the two work.

Lois always seems to be around when he breaks down. She found him when he was holding Alicia's body when he found her dead. She got there in time to stop him from killing Alicia's murdered. And now this.
The only other real break down I remember is Clark crying while Martha held him in Reckoning.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingster (View Post)
great ep...i wonder how they'll explain lex's absence
Gone with the Fortress?
Old 05-16-2008, 03:06 PM
Banned

My only real question is was Brainiac already damaged? He seemed as normal as ever when pretending to be Kara around Clark and Lex. Only after his attack on Chloe did he seem afraid and weak. I guess it is what shocked me to really see Brainiac afraid of something. What did Chloe do to him?
Subject is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008, 07:52 AM
Extreme Fan

i finally got around to watching the episode. i liked it but it wasn't wow except the end. i loved the whole clark confines in chloe thing and what did brainic mean by "what are you?" to chloe.

i was so excited that jimmy pupposed of course thats when the guys had to come to take chloe away.

kara is in the fantom zone...

anyhow this episode was one the better of the season, which is good considering it was the finally. it left me wanting to know what happened to lex and clark, when the forterss was destroyed.
Old 05-17-2008, 09:12 AM
Addicted Fan

this honestly wasn't my favorite finale but it was still very good....

i liked the proposal with the junk ring. i found it cute and endearing. i really like Jimmy and Chloe together but the end with her being hauled off was just okay to me but i don't think it delivered for me the sitting on the edge of my seat thing i think it was intended to... it just wasn't the best cliff hanger to me.

i really enjoyed the Clois scenes with her trying to encourage him to think of his future and work at The Daily Planet. and when she came in and saw Clark crying as he watched Lana's video message, the way she rushed to comfort him was great. i love all their banter and pretend annoyance with eachother but i've really enjoyed their vulnerable scenes lately and this one is definately on the top of my favorite Clois moments.

the Clex scenes were good... MR and TW both brought their A game to the scenes and what was done was great but i really wanted wanted more time with them together. i just wish the scene would have been longer but it was good and left me thinking, how long is it till next season???

i love seeing James Marsters too... i've always loved him and i think he's done a great job as Brianiac. i found Clark destroying him a little too easy myself, especially because he feeds off of electricity and stuff but whatever... i did like when he used his powers against Chloe and it weakened him so maybe that was why it was so easy to destroy him.

i really don't get the Kara thing though. Clark was like, "Kara never came back from Krypton did she?" but that makes no sense to me because at the end of that episode when she dropped the milk, it seemed like something was ripping through her head. if it was Brainiac the whole time, why would he double over in pain like that??? in any case, i hope Kara is back soon as well.

i hope MR will at least be there for a few eppies next season, at least the first one and the last. he's an awesome actor and has grown so much over the years... it's going to be a shame that he'll be gone but i think he'll do great in whatever he pursues. he's a real talent and i wish him all the best!

i liked the way Lana left as well... it was touching and heartbreaking, despite being a Clois fan. she loved Clark enough to do what was best for him and that was beautiful. KK did a wonderful job! i heard she wasn't going to be back next season either but i'm not sure if it's true or not. personally i think it's time to move Clark beyond Lana so i think it would be best but i love KK's work and i wish her all the best as well if she's not coming back.

all in all, it was a good finale... not my favorite but very good.

PHICK♥JASAM♥Clois♥TnT♥PHELANIE♥CARBO♥Brucas♥VILLY♥Jannie♥Carson♥Jara♥Nookie♥Rylee♥ Jolie♥ Mabby♥Shelle♥ET♥Lumi ♥Shack♥LL2

Last edited by wbjunkie; 05-17-2008 at 09:17 AM
wbjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 06:32 PM
Loyal Fan

I thought this episode was better than Phantom, but sometimes I think the eariler finale for Veritas filmed before the strike would have been better. I want to see it to compare to the re-done finale so bad.

I am a Clex fan, but I am one of the few that was very much let down by it. I was totally confused with the ending. I don't know what happened to Lex and it gives me no closure.

I guess that the addition of 5 episodes was just another indication that the writers were really struggling to come up with storylines. They had so much potentional and I don't know what happened. Was it the strike?
Old 05-20-2008, 01:41 AM
Passionate Fan

Artic was a solid episode, all the actors play their part very well, even Aaron Ashmore (who I often find irritating) did a fine job.
First of all caps off to Michael Rosenbaum who carries his character with such aplomb that he should be nominated for an Emmy award. I like it how he stayed with Clark as the fortess crumble around them. He was very convince that what he was doing was right and was prepared to die for it. At the end it appears that Lex is just a misguided individual rather than an evil character hell bent on global domination. I get a feeling that we'll probably see Lex again briefly in the first episode of season 8.
James Marsters as Brianiac was brilliant. He knows how to play an evil character and hope he'll be making more appearances in season 8 despite his character being destroyed by Clark in this episode.
Tom Welling did very well and I think he is learning how to cry on camera. The scene with Lana's video was touching as was the follow up with Lois' hug. All three of them played that scene very well and kudos to the production team for setting it up very well.
While the acting was good, I was a little disappointed with the special effects used to show the fortess crumbling. It looks pretty amateurish but then again I guess that just shows limitations of the show's budget.
Also it wasn't really much of a cliff hanger. With Lex and weaken Clark trapped in the collasped fortess and Chloe arrested it should have been but it wasn't exactly the edge of the seat stuff. We know that Allison (subject to confirmation) and Tom will back for season 8 as regulars so that has taken the edge off the cliffhanger.
Overall it was a good episode and now looking forward to season 8 especially it's looking more likely that my favourite character Chloe will be returning.
2old2care is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 06:54 PM
Moderator Support Team

I thought the episode was pretty good, but definitely not the best finale Smallville has ever had.

I did love the Clex ending. I'm still gutted about Michael leaving the show as Lex is my favorite character. But, nevertheless, a Clex ending for the episode was extremely fitting. Loved every second of it.

Lana/Clark being done. Finally.

I enjoyed all the Clois moments.

Quote:
Speaking of too easy - just how naive is Jimmy? Did he really think that Lex Luthor, the guy who killed his father few episodes ago and send his minion after the proof Jimmy had of it, whose minion shot Lois and locked both of them in the freezer and left them to die, *that* Lex freaking Luthor would let him out of the deal they made because his tummy ache?! *head desk*
If Jimmy who just showed up in Metropolis and knew nothing about Lex did that - then OK.
But this just made him look stupid.
I agree. I can't believe he would have honestly thought Lex would just let things go.
Enigma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 07:08 PM
Fan Forum Hero

the finale was good but i do feel a little shortchanged since we won't get closure on lex...unless he shows up in the finale as a surprise and completely lex luthor bad ass like
Wingster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 11:09 AM
Elite Fan

Alex... waiting for your thoughts!

kenny | credit
smoothaise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008, 12:36 PM
Addicted Fan

i'm afraid that they may have written themselves in a corner with Lex, especially with Michael saying he's not interested in returning. They'll prolly do what they did with Jason Teague, just say he "disappeared" or something.
Old 05-23-2008, 04:34 PM
Supreme Fan

So I am back for my yearly season finale review

Wow, I can't believe it's already one year later

Smallville 7.20 Arctic
Like everybody said it, this seasons finale wasn't that great. I too thought it was more like a regular episode. I just saw the episode a few minutes ago , teehee I know I'm a little late

Chloe: Chloe is like always being awesome!! I heart her so much. I love it, that no matter what, she will always be there for Clark. "I'm always here for you Clark". Clark and Chloe BFFs forever. The ending Chloe being arrested..wow. The proposal scene, it was really cute actually. Jimmy/Chloe

Lois: Always liked her from the start. Sometimes, the way she looks at Clark, looks like she's ready to eat him But Lois was a really great friend for Clark. She was there at the right time for Clark and comforted him. It was truly a very sad scene. Lois cried too

Braniac: hehe, I just can't hate him, because James Marsters plays him haahah, sexy beast But yeah Braniac finally off the show...or not?

Lex: wow 7 whole years of Lex. So this is really ending I had a love/hate relationship with him. I loooved him in the early seasons but then it went downhill. How is that? But wooow at the end........ZOMG... so Lex is really capable of that. But yeah, I think Michael Rosenbaum is finally ready to move on... I think he wants his hair back But I think I will definitely going to miss Lex

Clark: I don't know what to write about him haha, but Clark is He saves the world again and the ending was like Zomgg spazzingggg. Finally face to face with Lex. The best friends from the past. Seriously the last few minutes was

I see there are lots of Clois fans overhere

Clana haters, to the left please
I was sooo happy to see a little clana scene. It was soo heartbreaking, my eyes were full with tears. But when Clark was crying OMG, tears were falling down my face. It's so rare seeing Clark crying. But this scene was Goddarn Kristin, why did you have to leave SV!! I was rooting for Clana for the full 7 years

Ok, I must say, I almost gave up Smallville this season. It was so different, I can't explain it. But as a loyal SV fan I watched every single episode. I hope S8 will be great and bring the joy I had for SV back in me

Smallville SEE YOU NEXT SEASON!!!

Your favorite screencaps site

My tumblr
Soop 4-evah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 09:00 PM
Elite Fan

Alex........ ..... .... .....

kenny | credit
smoothaise is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread