Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-02-2008, 06:43 PM
Fan Forum Hero

this episode (i hope) should be the turning point for clark...no more moping around thinking everyone's better off...
Wingster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 10:38 PM
Loyal Fan

Keeps fingers crossed.
*Butterflies* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 12:08 AM
Passionate Fan

It wasn't a bad episode overall, definitely better that last week.
This is the kind of episode we need to see to show Clark Kent continuously moving towards his destiny and not worry about the impact he had (or is having) on other people. After all the debate on whether the show was in a stalemate when it comes to character development, the critics should be please with this one.
We get a taste of Clark in a reporter's disguise, a bit more interaction with Lois (which I'm sure that Lois and Clark fans would be happy about) and a better sense of purpose in life.
It's always good to see Michael acting as a misguided President (I was left wondering if the show creators were having a dig at George Bush and Dick Cheney?). He makes Smallville even more worthwhile to watch as we now know that Michael will not be returning for season 8.
What annoys me is how did Clark get to Krypton? Did he say how he got there? Took a bus? Fly? Super jump? And how he work out how to get there? Did sat nav he was using have time travel too? Hope they explain it in the next week's episode.
Also I hope they are not going to start every episode with Clark moping about Lana. I'm almost at the point where I want Lana to come back to life already so we can put an end to this.
Overall quite a good episode as it once again kick started Clark Kent's destiny to becoming Superman.
2old2care is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 03:02 AM
Elite Fan

I loved the episode!
There were many flaws and plotholes, but it didn't stop me from enjoying it.
Definitely one of the best episodes this season.

So many cool moments in AU!
And Clark was so Supermanish! Can we keep him like that for good?
Old 05-03-2008, 11:31 AM
Elite Fan

Awesome episode!

A world without Clark Kent... scary! Both Lana and Chloe happily married. That's a little too normal.

Lois was awesome. That's the kinda Lois I hoped we'd get this season.

Kara working for Lex... and Braniac. And Lex as the President... That went all the way back to "Hourglass" ... nice job, SV!

And Tom Welling, nice directing! Kudos!

Thankfully, now Clark can stop wining about "the world would be better off if I weren't here..." because we all know that's a load of crap.

---

I was a little confused. The one thing that can kill Clark and Kara is a Kryptonite bullet? Umm, didn't he have that same problem in S3, and overcame it?

kenny | credit
smoothaise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 05:19 PM
Master Fan

This was by far my favorite episode this season, when SV gets it right they really get it right! Tom's directing was awesome as usual and by lordy i nearly DIED with the amount of Clois in the eppie.. FANTASTIC. And Erica looked downright gorgeous, just beautiful especially in that last scene her hair was lovely.

BiCaRdiBrEeZa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 08:57 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanceWithLife (View Post)
I loved Clark and baby Clark together.
That was a really neat moment, Clark saving himself

Quote:
I actually really liked Lois also. I wish Smallville Lois resembled AU Lois in some way shape or form...
That would be like saying I want Clark Kent from the Daily Planet(Lois & Clark) on Smallville, you just can't have that. You can't have Lois Lane act like AU Lois Lane b/c she isn't there yet, a character has to grow, develop, and her experiences shape who she becomes as a person.

Quote:
I'm not a big Clois fan so that didn't do much for me, but it was cool to see Clark in glasses
I don't think the purpose of the episode was to pander to Clois fans, there is just no escaping what happens in the story after SV ends.

Quote:
This is now my favorite episode of season 7. I haven't been all that impressed with Smallville this year but this one rocked, and it helped that TW directed it since he always seems to do an incredible job with them.

Loved, loved, loved, all of the Clois moments in and out of the Alternate Universe. It's been a bummer that Lois hasn't really been around much but this certainly made up for it.
It's definitely one of my favorite episodes, definitely in the top 3. I grade on the 5 scale, so if I graded on the 10, I would rate this an 8 out of 10.

The AU theme was a great thing to introduce this season with all the new characters...Kara, Brainiac, and best Lex as president!

Quote:
my first thought is this episode could have been a lot better. first of all it would have been better if no one could see clark, because then he could really see what everyone's life would be like without him. also it would have been cool to see johnathen and martha.
I did think about this myself, what if Clark was invisible, but then you couldn't have all the interaction between the characters. I was disappointed that Martha/Jonathan weren't involved

Quote:
I loved this episode. First I find it interesting that the depicted future of Lex as president and starting a nuclear war was the future that old lady saw years ago. I'm sorry I don't know the exact episode.

Also I love the Superman references, and I love the fact that they followed the comic on some things. Lex had the glove on his hand, which means he had been wearing the Kryptonite ring. Also the kryptonite bullet is from the comic too. The Lois and Clark stuff was good too.
Yes, big time referrence to "Hourglass" S1 episode that is a fan favorite for that moment, Lex in the white suit, followed by the rain/blood and field of bones!

They did pull out a lot of Superman canon...from the Clark Kent suit/glasses, to Jimmy's bow tie, to the pulitzer prize and Lois Lane and the stuff you mentioned as well.

Quote:
this episode (i hope) should be the turning point for clark...no more moping around thinking everyone's better off...
But it's not going to...you know why...Lana is still on the show and she's in grave danger. Therefore expect more moping until that situation is resolved someday.

Quote:
Overall quite a good episode as it once again kick started Clark Kent's destiny to becoming Superman.
That's the hope

Quote:
There were many flaws and plotholes, but it didn't stop me from enjoying it.
Definitely one of the best episodes this season
Cris...yeah, we could nitpick some, but I'm starting to try and look past that stuff b/c I know SV will just never be that good when it comes to those "little flaws" so I try and enjoy it like you did

Quote:
Lois was awesome. That's the kinda Lois I hoped we'd get this season.
Ken...expect a move toward that in S8.

Quote:
And Tom Welling, nice directing!
Agreed, when can we expect Eva to direct DH anytime soon?

Quote:
The one thing that can kill Clark and Kara is a Kryptonite bullet? Umm, didn't he have that same problem in S3, and overcame it?
You are thinking of the episode where Jesse Metcalf (another DH mention for you) guest starred and shot him with a sniper rifle with a K-bullet...Jonathan and Martha pulled it out and Clark recovered.

The Dark is generous, and it's patient, and it always wins - but in the heart of it's strength lies weakness; one lone candle is enough to hold it back.
Love is more than a candle.
Love can ignite the stars.
Alexander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 11:21 PM
Fan Forum Hero

This was such a fantastic episode indeed. I think this is one of my Favorite episodes as well of this season! I hope they can keep the good work up!
Old 05-05-2008, 07:13 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
This was such a fantastic episode indeed. I think this is one of my Favorite episodes as well of this season! I hope they can keep the good work up!
One way to find out...watch the new episode this week

The Dark is generous, and it's patient, and it always wins - but in the heart of it's strength lies weakness; one lone candle is enough to hold it back.
Old 05-05-2008, 07:27 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Haha I will def. watch the upcoming episode and the season finale of course. Can't wait!!!
Old 05-05-2008, 12:09 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strider (View Post)
...as I said what more do you want!
Okay, Ross!

I loooooved this episode, mostly because this was like the "classic" Superman that I've been waiting for. There's no Lana or Chloe (as much as I love her), and you get more of the original characters with Clark, Lois, Jimmy, and Lex Luthor. Even though they were playing it out as what the world would be like without him, it wasn't much different either. Lex, Lois, and Jimmy have their own "destiny"s too. Either way, Lex will always be the supervilian, while Lois and Jimmy are hard at work at the Daily Planet. I'm glad they found a way to fit Kara in there, but it's a shame she didn't do more to protect the world. C'mon, she's Supergirl! It was nice to hear them mention Lionel as well, and how he protected her just like he had Clark. I'm assuming Lex killed him this time as well?

Quote:
And Clark was so Supermanish! Can we keep him like that for good?
Yes, please! With the glasses and the suit.

Join the John Mayer campaign!
**SuperGirl** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 05:42 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by **SuperGirl** (View Post)
Okay, Ross!
I'm tempted to "borrow" the whatever, but I won't, I'll be nice and move on!

Quote:
It was nice to hear them mention Lionel as well, and how he protected her just like he had Clark. I'm assuming Lex killed him this time as well?
It was hinted that Lionel died protecting Kara's secret, the fact that she was from Krypton. Lionel found her and practically made her a "member of the family", which is why she had such blind loyalty to the Luthors.

Quote:
Yes, please! With the glasses and the suit.
Just say it, you are into dorks with glasses

Old 05-07-2008, 06:05 AM
Loyal Fan

Apocalypse might be the best SV episode of the Series. It certainly ranks with the best of them. Focusing the Lex Luthor part of the AU on the vision from "Hourglass" was inspired. All of the classic Lois/Clark/Jimmy interaction was so much fun. I even enjoyed the first part of the episode in which Clark was on a quest to give Lana a happy life.

I agree with the person from page One who suggested that this episode should have been two episodes. The Krypton part did seem rushed and would have been very interesting for a whole episode. The explosion of the planet was simply gorgeous!

Lois and Clark's friendship continues to develop from "Siren." That makes me VERY happy.

Fantastic episode. Tom Welling did a wonderful job.

I am Tyrion's Wench
LittleLoLo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 09:24 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleLoLo (View Post)
I agree with the person from page One who suggested that this episode should have been two episodes. The Krypton part did seem rushed and would have been very interesting for a whole episode. The explosion of the planet was simply gorgeous!
Oh, I almost forgot about that part! I liked it too...when he was looking at himself in his little ship, it looked almost exactly like it did in the movie. Makes me want to go back and rewatch them...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strider (View Post)
It was hinted that Lionel died protecting Kara's secret, the fact that she was from Krypton. Lionel found her and practically made her a "member of the family", which is why she had such blind loyalty to the Luthors.

Just say it, you are into dorks with glasses
Yeah, I just didn't like that part..her being so loyal and hung up on Lex. But it's not like she was raised from the Kent family, so I guess I can't really blame her for what she was doing.

How about this...I'm into dorks with glasses, that look like Tom Welling. By the way, I like your icon.

Join the John Mayer campaign!
**SuperGirl** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 04:53 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleLoLo (View Post)
That is a really good idea, instead of the filler "Sleeper", they could have done a 2 parter here, but who knows how much of it was story driven and maybe financially as well? From the special effects shots and you know Apocalypse wasn't cheap.

Quote:
Lois and Clark's friendship continues to develop from "Siren." That makes me VERY happy.

Fantastic episode. Tom Welling did a wonderful job.
Yes, she took him out for drinks

I think Tom will most definitely direct an episode in S8

Quote:
Yeah, I just didn't like that part..her being so loyal and hung up on Lex. But it's not like she was raised from the Kent family, so I guess I can't really blame her for what she was doing.
Actually, it gave you a glimpse of what could have happened to Clark, if he was raised by the Luthors instead of the Kents. They would have protected his secret/identiy and exploided it for their own benefit to rule the world.

Quote:
By the way, I like your icon.
Thanks, I like it too. Hey, the one you have...the image is of the lastest SuperGirl poster? You like?

Alex

Reply   Post New Thread