Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-22-2008, 08:26 PM
Elite Fan

Smallville 7x17 "Sleeper" Episode Discussion

Hi and welcome to the "Sleeper" Episode Discussion Thread: All standard fanforum rules and regulations apply

The 17th episode of "Smallville" Season 7 airs in the U.S. on Thursday, April 24th, 2008 at 8.00pm.

Titled "Sleeper", here's the official (spoiler filled) description from The CW...

"JIMMY HELPS THE DEPARTMENT OF DOMESTIC SECURITY ARREST CHLOE - Clark (Tom Welling) desperately searches for Kara (Laura Vandervoort) and Brainiac (guest star James Marsters, as Brainiac is the only one who can reverse Lana's (Kristin Kreuk) condition. Clark asks Chloe (Allison Mack) to check any large power surges in the area, so she breaks into several government computers, setting off alarms. Jimmy (Aaron Ashmore) is caught between the Department of Security - who threatens him with jail time unless he helps them arrest Chloe - and Lex (Michael Rosenbaum), who offers to help clear Chloe if Jimmy agrees to be in his debt."

Written by Caroline Dries.

Directed by Whitney Ransick.

Meanwhile, here is the summary in TV Guide:

Clark searches for Brainiac (James Marsters), who is the only one who can reverse Lana's condition; Chloe accidentally sets off alarms as she hacks into government computers while trying to find info to help Clark; the Department of Security threatens Jimmy with jail time unless he helps them arrest Chloe, while Lex offers to help clear Chloe, but only if Jimmy agrees to be in his debt.

Sleeper trailer

Sleeper Director's Cut scene

For images courtesy of www.supermanhomepage.com, visit and check out the pics on their site if you'd like to see more about "Sleeper".

The Dark is generous, and it's patient, and it always wins - but in the heart of it's strength lies weakness; one lone candle is enough to hold it back.
Love is more than a candle.
Love can ignite the stars.
Alexander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 05:49 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for opening up the thread. Can't wait to see this one!
Emma♥Neal
Ron_Beckett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 05:56 AM
Passionate Fan

Hmm...the director's cut scene looks pretty lame but it will be interesting to see how far Lex gets with the fortess. Overall looks like an interesting episode, I just hope that they don't try and pack too much into 40 plus minutes.
2old2care is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 06:00 PM
New Fan

hahaha, okay, so I don't know how many of you have seen Mr. & Mrs. Smith, but if you have...

is it just me or did the Chloe/Jimmy scenes remind you of that? ahhaa.

All the way down to the dancing scene! lmao.
.felicity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 06:43 PM
Fan Forum Hero

yea it did actually
the ep was ok mostly filler though there the chloe/jimmy scenes were nice
as well as the lex ones

and the final one...wow can't wait for next week
Wingster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 07:22 PM
Elite Fan

Did I miss something (I think I went to get food and missed a little )? What was the reason for detaining Lex under a red flag, just to show him in Zurich the next scene?
4N6 DNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 09:10 PM
Loyal Fan

I don't get that either, but I really liked that original scene of Lex from Veritas of Lex in Zurich that was placed too many episodes later. I loved the scene of Lex bashing that guy in the head when he tried to put that wire around his neck to choke him! It was well done!

I thought the epi ok. I'm just waiting for the next really.
Old 04-24-2008, 09:42 PM
Dedicated Fan

lol, I just got that picture in my head, I've watched Mr & Mrs. Smith and now that scene reminded me of that, the spying and everything the dance scene. Jimmy/Chloe got the spark back, but in her mind she really wants Clark...but he won't be able to move on til....whenever. Though....they are searching high in some places, what was Lex really looking for? I didn't really get it, what was that thing he looked for in Zurich? I thought he was looking for the fortress tonight, but I guess that's next week, and OMG next weeks looks awesome, Clark in glasses/1940's verison in modern, of "Noir" Can't wait, it looks awesome!!! I like that it was a Chloe 'episode' scene, though Clark can't rest til, Kara/Brainic is found and put Lana in her rightful place...though I know they are done, "Lana/Clark is done" I hope.....But it was all good episode, I'm still freaked that Lex is evil, his voice now is totally different did anyone notice that?
my lj site http://vamplover85.livejournal.com/
my art site Forever Dreaming
*BonesGirl85* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 01:59 AM
Addicted Fan

the tango scene between jimmy and chloe was both goofy and cute. I wish I could tango with her, especially when she wrapped her leg around Jimmy :'(

most likely the map thing in the box is a map to the fortress. so the fortress is a way to control Clark? why didn't Lionel tell him that in the first place, instead of keeping things so mysterious?! in fact, why didn't he straight up tell Clark what was going on in his message instead of that shadowy vague message he left behind. bah! darn them building up the drama and suspense like that!
Old 04-25-2008, 05:30 AM
Fan Forum Hero

So I wasn't the only one who felt the whole 'Mr. & Mrs. Smith' vibe hu.

It was an okay episode; I wasn't too impressed.

The whole time travel stuff with Kara though is cool.

Upside to Lana being semi-comatose, Chloe gets a new job! Love how there was reference to Ollie's team and Justice storing some of their equipment with Chloe at the Isis foundation.

Loved the ending with Clark and Chloe because it set up for next weeks episode.

Like I said though, I wasn't too impressed.
Emma♥Neal
Old 04-25-2008, 07:39 AM
Fan Forum Hero

i don't think chloe has any feelings left for clark, romantically at least
Wingster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 07:40 AM
Fan Forum Hero

No I don't think so either.

Can't blame Jimmy for thinking that though because he's on the outside. He doesn't really know why Chloe spends so much time with Clark.
Emma♥Neal
Old 04-25-2008, 12:09 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by R2Roswell (View Post)
So I wasn't the only one who felt the whole 'Mr. & Mrs. Smith' vibe hu.
i throught it was just me. it reminded me off a lot of those spy movies, or something in true lies.

this episode was just okay, it was fairly predictible and pointless. it was obveous that jimmy was going to realize that chloe wasn't working for tarrests and how did he learn how to use those gagets so fast? one thing i didn't really like was how he was all answer by questions chloe and when she finally says okay, hes just like nevermind and kisses her.

i like usual loved all the clark and chloe scenes. its good that how they are having chloe take over lana's job. i liked the brief mention of oliver and the justice gang. the whole kara is in the past thing, is very interesting, kind of random but i like it. if they do it right it could make up for the weak season so far.

i'm looking forward to next week, hopefully its good.
Old 04-25-2008, 10:47 PM
Loyal Fan

This episode was so weak .Not enough Clark even though he was being stupid again.
And I can't stand Chimmy.
Jimmy as a spie ,please.
Chloe should never talk to him again.Loser freak.
*Butterflies* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 05:12 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Butterflies* (View Post)
This episode was so weak .Not enough Clark even though he was being stupid again.
Glad to know I wasn't the only one who thought that. As usual, Clark put his stupid infatuation with Lana in front of the real work, ie LEX LUTHOR. Because Clark was so blind-sided Lex got his hands on the box and that star map.

I seriously hate how they've written Clark this season. I've never been so disappointed in a Clark Kent character until now in season 7. And being a fan of the whole Superman mythology since I was a kid, I never really thought I could actually be disappointed.

Hopefully season 8 they will write him better.
Emma♥Neal
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top