Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-26-2008, 11:58 PM
Passionate Fan

Overall, it was an ok episode. Obliviously there was an heavy does of Mr and Mrs Smith and it looks like that Allison and Aaron had fun with their scenes especially the tango dance.
I know this is just a show but to get Jimmy to play a government spy and give him all these gadgets felt a little contrived. Jimmy would have made a better Inspector Gadget as he lacks the characteristics of a smooth and suave Mr Bond.
Allison has put in a solid performance as always but apart from the earlier scenes and the dance, she didn't have much to work with.
Not one of their strongest episode of the season but it was watchable if only just.
2old2care is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 10:11 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by R2Roswell (View Post)
Glad to know I wasn't the only one who thought that. As usual, Clark put his stupid infatuation with Lana in front of the real work, ie LEX LUTHOR. Because Clark was so blind-sided Lex got his hands on the box and that star map.
Yes, it seemed like the creative team dropped the ball on Clark once again. Therefore the "dumb as Clark award" that Neal Bailey gives out in his reviews...I mean you can't argue much!

Quote:
I seriously hate how they've written Clark this season. I've never been so disappointed in a Clark Kent character until now in season 7. And being a fan of the whole Superman mythology since I was a kid, I never really thought I could actually be disappointed.

Hopefully season 8 they will write him better.
Well, as a superman fan myself, first and foremost, growing up with the comics and JL cartoons, etc and the first 2 superman films, I understand the frustaration with Clark's character development, or lack there of. Again it's the failure of the creative team, and the fact that SV has been strung out to be an 8 season show now. Maybe if it was a six, seven season show they could have done a better job of handling that task...Clark Kent transformation to Superman/Daily Planet reporter.

Quote:
Overall, it was an ok episode. Obliviously there was an heavy does of Mr and Mrs Smith and it looks like that Allison and Aaron had fun with their scenes especially the tango dance.
I know this is just a show but to get Jimmy to play a government spy and give him all these gadgets felt a little contrived. Jimmy would have made a better Inspector Gadget as he lacks the characteristics of a smooth and suave Mr Bond.
Allison has put in a solid performance as always but apart from the earlier scenes and the dance, she didn't have much to work with.
Not one of their strongest episode of the season but it was watchable if only just.
I felt it was a below average episode, and if you weren't a Jimmy/Chloe fan you were probably ending up rolling your eyes about 10 minutes into it. I think the problem with the episode was, it should have been a "comedy". They tried to have the humor with the whole MR/MRs Smith vibe but then they tried to also be serious with the plot, and it was kind of silly.

The Dark is generous, and it's patient, and it always wins - but in the heart of it's strength lies weakness; one lone candle is enough to hold it back.
Love is more than a candle.
Love can ignite the stars.
Alexander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 09:15 PM
Elite Fan

It was a little hit or miss... but, it wasn't without it's moments. I liked it as a stand-alone, mainly the Chloe/Jimmy stuff. I tell you, they did take alot from Mr. & Mrs. Smith, I thought they would be in therapy by the end of episode. But, glad to see they are working out. And I so saw that coming that Lex would get the box and have Jimmy owe him a favor. God, he's so evil. Lex has turned into the mob boss of Smallville... he's Tony Soprano!

The whole thing screamed Alias, too. Which was weird to watch since, well... it's Smallville.

kenny | credit

Last edited by smoothaise; 05-02-2008 at 09:30 PM
smoothaise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 08:22 PM
Elite Fan

Ken...and I have no problem with a "stand alone" Chloe/Jimmy themed episode, as long as it serves the story and they have the episodes to allow for the show to "take off track" and do it. It just wasn't the right time for that kind of episode, and all the little scenes here and there to advance the plot actually "hurt it" in the long run looking back. I bet when we watch the DVD set of S7, and we get to Sleeper, it's going to be "darn...this is fun but what happens with everything else"?

The Dark is generous, and it's patient, and it always wins - but in the heart of it's strength lies weakness; one lone candle is enough to hold it back.
Old 05-03-2008, 08:25 PM
Elite Fan

Good point, Alex. This episode didn't really push the storyline forward. And I kinda hoped it would go in a different direction... but, it didn't.

kenny | credit
Old 05-03-2008, 08:31 PM
Elite Fan

Exactly...and with 4 episodes left (at that time) in the season, you just expect them all to move the storyline forward toward a big season finale

Old 05-03-2008, 08:33 PM
Elite Fan

It's a little scary this was a post-strike episode, so they had time to construct this with a clear mind after the drama of the strike. I just don't get it. Then again, Al & Miles have seemingly checked out, so to speak.

kenny | credit
Old 05-03-2008, 08:35 PM
Elite Fan

It's not clear if Miles and Al's influence still lingers on this season.

I'm not sure if it was strictly payroll or if there were indeed some creative differences as far as S8 storyline.

Old 06-23-2017, 11:37 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Last edited by eternalfate; 06-27-2017 at 08:00 AM
eternalfate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 12:58 PM
Fan Forum Star

Here
broken melody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 12:58 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Same as me, finally!
Old 06-27-2017, 01:00 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Started
Fan Forum Star

I started too
broken melody is offline   Reply With Quote
Fan Forum Legend

Here goes an episode I do not remember at all.
Old 06-27-2017, 01:01 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Is that Chloe?.... or Jimmy? or... lol
Reply   Post New Thread