Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-10-2008, 10:23 PM
Elite Fan

Smallville 7x13 "Hero" Episode Discussion

Welcome to the official 13th episode of "Smallville" Season 7 airs in the U.S. on Thursday, March 13th, 2008 at 8.00pm.

Titled "Hero", here's the official (spoiler filled) description from The CW...

Billboard chart topping band "ONE REPUBLIC" performs and Pete returns - Kara (Laura Vandervoort) and Jimmy (Aaron Ashmore) attend a "One Republic" concert and one of the roadies turns out to be former Smallville resident Pete Ross (guest star Sam Jones III). Pete unwittingly chews some kryptonite-laced gum and develops super powers. Clark (Tom Welling) and Chloe (Allison Mack) are thrilled to meet up with their old friend but warn him against using his powers in public. However, Lex (Michel Rosenbaum) discovers Pete's powers and blackmails him into helping break into a Lionel's (John Glover) safe by threatening to reveal Chloe is a meteor freak. Kristin Kreuk and John Glover also star.

Directed by Michael Rohl

Written by Aaron Helbing & Todd Helbing

The CW trailer is available here and the director's cut clip is available here

TV Guide has the following description for this same episode...

Former Smallville resident Pete Ross (Sam Jones III), now a roadie for the band OneRepublic, accidentally chews kryptonite-laced gum and gets superpowers. Clark and Chloe try to warn him about the effects, but Lex finds out and uses Pete for his nefarious schemes. Kara: Laura Vandervoort. Jimmy: Aaron Ashmore.

So welcome back Sam and it's been a while for Aaron Ashmore as well.

The Dark is generous, and it's patient, and it always wins - but in the heart of it's strength lies weakness; one lone candle is enough to hold it back.
Love is more than a candle.
Love can ignite the stars.
Alexander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 07:18 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Pete! Yea REMY....i mean ONE REPUBLIC!

seriously thursday needs to get here...now
Wingster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 08:04 AM
Elite Fan

Pete.
I can't wait.
I think I've been complaining how I miss him again for...3 years now?
Old 03-11-2008, 09:49 AM
Fan Forum Hero

That's right, there's a new episode this week. Almost forgot.

It's gonna be awesome to have Sam/Pete back. I've really been glad he went on to do other things (ie: ER and the movie Glory Road) but it will be nice to have him back as good ol' Pete Ross again.

Thanks for the director's cut. It was sweet!
Emma♥Neal
Ron_Beckett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 09:09 PM
Fan Forum Star

omg, PETE! I love him! I need to watch this episode.

Finally the directors/writers heard me, I want Pete to come back a long time ago. About time directors/writers.
Quote:
I think I've been complaining how I miss him again for...3 years now?
I know! I was in 7th grade, I took computer class, and I went to the WB's site saying "BRING PETE BACK". No offense but I like Pete as Clark's sidekick better than Chloe. I don't know but I love Pete better.

I need to catch up, I lost my interest in this show. But Since Pete is my fave character, I need to watch it.
Stars Fade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 05:46 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I find Chloe to be a better side kick for some reason. I guess because Pete always complained that holding on to Clark's secret was difficult. Chloe has complained at times but she handles things well.

Regardless, I am really looking forward to having Pete back. It's been such a long time so it will be good to see him again.
Emma♥Neal
Old 03-13-2008, 08:17 AM
Fan Forum Hero

the difference i feel is that Chloe says she'll do anything for Clark, which i don't doubt, but has never been in that position
Pete has...twice
Old 03-13-2008, 03:48 PM
Elite Fan

Yay, I'm so glad we're getting a new one tonight!
colorful_dust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 07:03 PM
Fan Forum Hero

decent ep...hopefully it opens the door for more pete appearances next year
liked how
Spoiler:
Old 03-13-2008, 11:04 PM
Addicted Fan

I liked the ep, but a lot of things bothered me in it. for one thing, Kara pissed me off so much in this ep. it was like she was channeling her inner Lana. I wanted to slap her so hard, and not on the ass! "blah blah secrets blah blah you're lying!" and the end when she decides to move in with Lex. gahhh..

and what was up with Pete using the word "kryptonite" right in front of Jimmy? I guess Jimmy cared more about getting back with chloe then wondering about that word.

i'm not surprised that stride factory shut down. there's a fricken huge crack under the factory that has kryptonite radiation pouring out of it!

or maybe like chloe said, the flavor does last too long -_-

and Lana's a hypocrite much? "I dont think Clark would appreciate you going through his things". Yeah, that's why you were snooping through his room just last year!\

also i've never seen anyone get so happy over finding a stick of gum. he sure looked around for one for a while, and when he found it, did you see the smile on his face? like "awww yeaaah there's the stuff"

i also guess anyone can make and distribute viruses now too huh? I supposed they put that huge scorpion logo on the desktops just to make sure that we knew what a virus was. what do they take us for??

also the \S/ symbol was never in the caves or even looks like the other symbols in the caves, so why would Lex tell her so? and on that point, he's seen the symbol on her braclet, so won't he put 2 + 2 together when Superman shows up years later wearing the fricking \S/ on his chest everyday?!?

Last edited by JediBlastoise; 03-14-2008 at 01:28 AM
JediBlastoise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 11:57 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
liked the ep, but a lot of things bothered me in it. for one thing, Kara pissed me off so much in this ep. it was like she was channeling her inner Lana.

BiCaRdiBrEeZa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 05:42 AM
Fan Forum Hero

This episode was boring to some degree, in my opinion.

It was too Fantastic 4/Mr. Fantastic for me. Pete using his stretch as a way of stretching through the slit in the door to open it from the other side- Mr. Fantastic did that in the first movie too so it wasn't that impressive.

I'm getting very bored with the whole 'I don't trust them' stuff so I think I'm gonna get in bed with Lex because I trust him more.

Kara is going down the exact Lana path. Lana didn't trust Clark so she went to Lex. Lana lived with Lex and now Kara is too. Lana snooped to find out Clark's secrets, Kara did the same thing. Can't the writer's think of a better story line for Kara instead of repeating Lana's. They are loosing their edge.

And what is Clark's problem, why doesn't he want to tell Kara the truth, at least give her the bracelet back.

The only thing I did like was that Clark finally gave Lex a real hit he deserved.

Aside from that on a scale of 1-10, I sadly have to rate this one a 2 or 3.

This season has been the worst for me and the episode proved bad once again.
Emma♥Neal
Old 03-14-2008, 05:58 PM
Elite Fan

Well that was...less than I expected from Pete's return.
I mean, couldn't we at least get a real Pete, and not an under the influence Pete? Guess not.
I did like the basketball scene (I miss them just hanging around and talking so much!), well first half of it anyway. And his scenes with Chloe, especially last one.

Lex was somewhat evil, so that was good.
Plus it's kinda amusing how he wants Kara, because she's the closest he can get to having Clark.

Clark...who was...a dumbass. Seriously, you're gonna listen to *Lana*?! Since when does she give good advice? Little Miss anti secrets and lies convincing Clark to lie to his cousin. Oh the stupidity. He might as well have put a big red bow on Kara and ship her of to the Luthor mansion himself.
BTW is Kara still without her powers? I'm not clear on that.

Extra "it pissed me off!" point goes to Lionel having his morning coffee in the Kent kitchen scene. Jonathan is turning in his grave somewhere.
And gee Clark, why are you so surprised that Lionel lied to you? Like it could have ended any other way.

All in all they could have done *a lot* more with Pete coming back episode. But at least his power was only temporary.

I like Chloe/Jimmy so I'm happy with a hint of them possibly getting back together.

And of course - Lex has Kara in his lair now - and that's the storyline I'm looking forward to the most.
Quote:
and Lana's a hypocrite much? "I dont think Clark would appreciate you going through his things". Yeah, that's why you were snooping through his room just last year!\
Not to mention Kara lives there, and she's supposed to go through the stuff to try and trigger her memory. For all she knew it could have been her things in that box.
Quote:
It was too Fantastic 4/Mr. Fantastic for me. Pete using his stretch as a way of stretching through the slit in the door to open it from the other side- Mr. Fantastic did that in the first movie too so it wasn't that impressive.
Pretty much, yes.
But at least it was only temporary! It's good to know someone will stay 'normal' on that show.
Old 03-15-2008, 12:29 AM
Loyal Fan

1-I didn't like Chloe saying yes to Jimmy
2-Jimmy Kara has no memory that's why you've lost the spark he's an udiot.
3-Clark hiding Kara's bracelet
4-Kara moving in with Lex
*Butterflies* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 10:47 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Butterflies* (View Post)
1-I didn't like Chloe saying yes to Jimmy
2-Jimmy Kara has no memory that's why you've lost the spark he's an udiot.
3-Clark hiding Kara's bracelet
4-Kara moving in with Lex
1/2- I actually didn't like Jimmy going to Chloe in the same episode he took Kara out on a date. The "spark has fizzled"? What? Have you seen Kara? I mean I love Chloe, she's awesome, but Kara is just as pretty. I guess it "sucks" to be Jimmy...2 beautiful woman want him Chloe shouldn't have taken him back right away. Make him "work for it"

3 - That is one of the things that really irritated me, b/c we've seen it happen to Clark before. Jonathan or Martha kiding something that Clark is looking for, or belongs to Clark, like the key to the ship, or the fortress. It's going to come back and haunt Clark, I'm sure of it.

4 - Big First, he's a relative stranger to her. Yes she doesn't know who her real family is, but Lex is no more than her boss. He's tried to be helpful but is that enough? If anything, She should have moved in with Lois at the Talon. Not only does she still technically work there, but living with your boss is unethical. Of course, not the first time SV has crossed that line.

Quote:
Well that was...less than I expected from Pete's return.
I mean, couldn't we at least get a real Pete, and not an under the influence Pete? Guess not.
I did like the basketball scene (I miss them just hanging around and talking so much!), well first half of it anyway. And his scenes with Chloe, especially last one.
The basketball scene brought back flashbacks from S1-S3. Nicely done. I agree Pete's return was rather cheesy, and his power was a rip-off from Mr Fantastic, but it's SV. I'm learning to lower my standards

Quote:
Lex was somewhat evil, so that was good.
Plus it's kinda amusing how he wants Kara, because she's the closest he can get to having Clark.
I can guarantee he makes a move on Kara before long and I hope she slaps "the " off his face

Quote:
Seriously, you're gonna listen to *Lana*?! Since when does she give good advice? Little Miss anti secrets and lies convincing Clark to lie to his cousin. Oh the stupidity. He might as well have put a big red bow on Kara and ship her of to the Luthor mansion himself.
Yes, he's done it plenty of times before. Lana gives advice, nothing new there as well. This will come back to blow up in Clark's face, I'm sure of it. It was a joint decision, as much as I'd like to blame Lana, Clark went along with the idea.

Quote:
BTW is Kara still without her powers? I'm not clear on that.
Yes no powers yet.

Quote:
And gee Clark, why are you so surprised that Lionel lied to you? Like it could have ended any other way.
Lionel's true intentions are not clear, just as always go hand in hand with his character.

Quote:
All in all they could have done *a lot* more with Pete coming back episode. But at least his power was only temporary
Of course, but at least it was a solid effort. Maybe Sam Jones can come back again in S8?

The Dark is generous, and it's patient, and it always wins - but in the heart of it's strength lies weakness; one lone candle is enough to hold it back.
Love is more than a candle.
Love can ignite the stars.
Alexander is offline   Reply With Quote
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top