Old 05-27-2017, 01:29 PM
Fan Forum Star

Lex was behind it all
broken melody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2017, 01:30 PM
Fan Forum Legend

WTH Lex. So not needed.
Oh his dramatic screaming at the rain.

Clark and Lana are together but so so distance... they seem worlds apart...
eternalfate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2018, 09:28 PM
Fan Forum Legend

So... the writers really wanted to prove Clark and Lana weren't meant to be together in this episode than right? lol

Since Bizarro!Clana was written more perfect with honesty and love and everything.
And Lana was happier with Bizarro!Clark than she ever was with real Clark...
Old 08-31-2020, 07:29 AM
Extreme Fan

I was totally impressed last night that RIGHT BEFORE the Bizzaro reveal, my husband turns to me and says...OK Who is this guy and where is the real Clark?
:jawdrop:

He is still a hardcore Clana shipper even after this episode. There is one thing, as we found in the next episode. Lana was happier with this Clark because she didn't feel judged for her darkness... yet Clark points out is it really him that is the problem or is it that she cant live with herself..... she then tells Lionel that Clark pulled her back from her darkness so he saved her. ...so interesting points that maybe Bizarro's attitude is what she thought she wanted, but it isn't what she needed. Clark did end inspiring her to be better.
Old 09-02-2020, 06:04 PM
Fan Forum Legend

YES! The main thing is the judgement which is one thing I sort of hold against Clark. Especially in the later seasons. His judgement of others irked the heck out of me so you could understand why someone would not want to tell him the truth but it still was a terrible time to really like Clark/Lana relationship here.

Lana was so in denail about Clark that when the real Clark came back it still took her some time. Chloe even told Lana that he was different and she was like, "NOPE! This is my Clark."

Bizarro!Clark was the fantasy version of everything she wanted with the real Clark and she just accepted it because it was a bit too good to be true and her ideal world.

For the real Clark to hear the words directly from Lana though had to impact him profoundly.... when Lana first said those words I actually thought she was lying to trick Bizarro ... however when it turned out she meant every word she said.

I also gotta mention how much I loved Brainiac in his one scene in this episode. Telling Bizarro Clark how he has that same weakness as real Clark, Lana. lol
Old 09-03-2020, 10:18 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternalfate (View Post)
YES! The main thing is the judgement which is one thing I sort of hold against Clark. Especially in the later seasons. His judgement of others irked the heck out of me so you could understand why someone would not want to tell him the truth but it still was a terrible time to really like Clark/Lana relationship here.

Lana was so in denail about Clark that when the real Clark came back it still took her some time. Chloe even told Lana that he was different and she was like, "NOPE! This is my Clark."

Bizarro!Clark was the fantasy version of everything she wanted with the real Clark and she just accepted it because it was a bit too good to be true and her ideal world.

For the real Clark to hear the words directly from Lana though had to impact him profoundly.... when Lana first said those words I actually thought she was lying to trick Bizarro ... however when it turned out she meant every word she said.

I also gotta mention how much I loved Brainiac in his one scene in this episode. Telling Bizarro Clark how he has that same weakness as real Clark, Lana. lol
This episode honestly made me almost stop shipping Clana completely. Lana's words to Bizzaro really hurt. I actually wanted Bizarro/Lana. Of course I'm a sucker for Clana so they have this uncanny ability to pull me back in.

They were both in love with a version of each other that just wasn't true anymore.

I think Clark had to learn that lesson that he was being too judgemental which made people not want to open up to him. I thought the next episode was great for this...I'm glad Lana told him like it was and he needed that reflection. He finally came to see how hypocritical he was being.... "I'm far from perfect.." I honestly think that Clark does hold himself to a very high standard its just that he fails and feels guilty when he can't live up to his own expectations.

Braniac was awesome in this episode! He was having so much fun with these two...
"Lying to you would be like lying to a mollusc. There's no point."
"Aren't you concerned with how Kal-El will react when he finds you in bed with his girlfriend?"
"Try some sunscreen, a wide brimmed hat"

It took 2 super-powered beings to find you. They were too busy trying to destroy each other.

I love Braniacs smirk like this is so easy..... He doesn't even have to lie to them.
Old 09-16-2020, 06:36 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by activia (View Post)
This episode honestly made me almost stop shipping Clana completely. Lana's words to Bizzaro really hurt. I actually wanted Bizarro/Lana. Of course I'm a sucker for Clana so they have this uncanny ability to pull me back in.

They were both in love with a version of each other that just wasn't true anymore.

I think Clark had to learn that lesson that he was being too judgemental which made people not want to open up to him. I thought the next episode was great for this...I'm glad Lana told him like it was and he needed that reflection. He finally came to see how hypocritical he was being.... "I'm far from perfect.." I honestly think that Clark does hold himself to a very high standard its just that he fails and feels guilty when he can't live up to his own expectations.

Braniac was awesome in this episode! He was having so much fun with these two...
"Lying to you would be like lying to a mollusc. There's no point."
"Aren't you concerned with how Kal-El will react when he finds you in bed with his girlfriend?"
"Try some sunscreen, a wide brimmed hat"

It took 2 super-powered beings to find you. They were too busy trying to destroy each other.

I love Braniacs smirk like this is so easy..... He doesn't even have to lie to them.
Well luckily you stood strong after that! Lana words to Bizzarro was pretty glaring... It just made me more convinced not to care for them as a pairing anymore.

I agree... both of them had to see how much each other had changed.

I agree with you on Brainiac!

[/FONT]
Old 09-17-2020, 06:19 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Well luckily you stood strong after that! Lana words to Bizzarro was pretty glaring... It just made me more convinced not to care for them as a pairing anymore.

I agree... both of them had to see how much each other had changed.

I agree with you on Brainiac!

[/FONT]
The words cut so hard that I was actually sad that she killed Bizarro because I briefly shipped her with him!

I was happy to see them so far apart after that because it needed to be done. Trust me at this point I was in a lifeboat from the ship as it was sinking. But they did some needed repairs and I slowly came back on board but barely.
Old 09-19-2020, 07:26 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by activia (View Post)
The words cut so hard that I was actually sad that she killed Bizarro because I briefly shipped her with him!

I was happy to see them so far apart after that because it needed to be done. Trust me at this point I was in a lifeboat from the ship as it was sinking. But they did some needed repairs and I slowly came back on board but barely.
Well I liked them better than Clana at this point so yeah. lol And you could see how bad the writing was for Clana when you watched Bizarro with Lana... because KK and Tom still had that fire chemistry and they still showed hey can have a perfect love story but Clark and Lana were written so terrible. Whereas with Bizarro and Lana! It was so different.

I give it to you that you could still love Clark and Lana after that, that's what you call dedicating shipping. lol
Old 09-20-2020, 10:37 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Well I liked them better than Clana at this point so yeah. lol And you could see how bad the writing was for Clana when you watched Bizarro with Lana... because KK and Tom still had that fire chemistry and they still showed hey can have a perfect love story but Clark and Lana were written so terrible. Whereas with Bizarro and Lana! It was so different.

I give it to you that you could still love Clark and Lana after that, that's what you call dedicating shipping. lol
this is why I am convinced this writing of clana in s7 was intentional. They were trying to move on from Clana and get the audience too as well
Old 09-22-2020, 05:02 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Probably so although I think a lot of the fans moved on season 5-6 anyway. Season 7 just made those who moved on more convinced they should move on. lol
Old 09-22-2020, 06:17 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Probably so although I think a lot of the fans moved on season 5-6 anyway. Season 7 just made those who moved on more convinced they should move on. lol
I think it may have been to help Clark move on too. It wasn't until S7 that he began to question they should end up together. It's what they were trying to convey to the audience...what Clark was experiencing... a sort of vibe

Interesting the fan perspective. I can see why it would be hard to go back after Lana slept/married Lex but the angst in S6 gaaaah was intense and then the sacrifice Lana made for him! I felt like end of 4-7 had a nice balance of angst/pay off unlike s1-4 which just frustrated me.

Apparently none of it was enough for me to fall out of love with them. After Bizarro I wasn't a cheerleader for them but the feelings didn't go away. There are those Clana forever fans that were still convinced they should end up together forever no matter (My husband...)

I'm convinced that Clana would have NEVER been end game in this show. Especially from the moment Lois appeared (for-shadowing extreme). It's not that they would have ended with Clois but I think they would have ended with Clark alone (if the show ended earlier..) so that the possibility of Clois was wide-open.
Old 09-27-2020, 12:02 PM
Fan Forum Legend

^ I don't think it's anything wrong with fans who believe they should've ended up together as well. Probably if Chloe or Lois wasn't around, I might had agreed. lol But I give it to those fans who stuck in there with them and love them the same when they re-watch it.

This episode though was more of a Clana closure for me...
Old 09-27-2020, 07:58 PM
Extreme Fan

think its clear I will always love Clana and my husband too..amazingly.. If Lois didn't show up then maybe I could see a Clana end game but I don't know if DC would have let them do that.....

I still love watching them on rewatches too. I just love them for who they are not for the end. I appreciate and get wrapped up in their intensity and beauty.
Old 09-29-2020, 04:37 AM
Fan Forum Legend

^ I think you'd rather much rewatch the Clana stuff outside of season 7 though right? lol
Reply   Post New Thread