Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 11-13-2007, 04:57 PM
Elite Fan

Smallville 7x08 "Blue" Episode Discussion

The 8th episode of "Smallville" Season 7 airs in the U.S. on Thursday, November 15th at 8.00pm.

Titled "Blue", here's the official (spoiler filled) description from The CW...

Helen Slater returns as Lara-El; Clark meets his biological mother for the first time - Clark (Tom Welling) hears the voice of his biological mother, Lara (guest star Helen Slater), calling for help from Kara's (Laura Vandervoort) crystal and decides to release her, despite Jor-El's warnings. Lara and Clark reunite and she gives him Jor-El's ring, which contains blue kryptonite. As Clark puts it on, he realizes Zor-El (guest star Christopher Heyerdahl) manipulated the whole thing and that blue kryptonite strips him of his powers, enabling Zor-El to take control of the Fortress of Solitude. Meanwhile, Chloe (Allison Mack) and Lex (Michael Rosenbaum) each discover Lois (Erica Durance) and Grant (Michael Cassidy) have been seeing each other and warn them to stop.

Kristin Kreuk, Aaron Ashmore and John Glover also star.

Directed by: Glen Winter

Written by: Todd Slavkin & Darren Swimmer

Meanwhile, TV Guide has the following description for this same episode...

Clark makes a huge mistake when he releases Lara (Helen Slater) from the crystal, because Zor-El is also released. Elsewhere, the relationship between Lois and Grant heats up. Zor-El: Christopher Heyerdahl.

The CW has released an episode trailer, an extended episode trailer and director's cut scene

The Dark is generous, and it's patient, and it always wins - but in the heart of it's strength lies weakness; one lone candle is enough to hold it back.
Love is more than a candle.
Love can ignite the stars.
Alexander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 05:53 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for the trailers and director's cut. In that director's cut,
Spoiler:
Emma♥Neal

Last edited by Ron_Beckett; 11-14-2007 at 06:56 AM
Ron_Beckett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 09:58 PM
Extreme Fan

nice I cant wait to see it... thanks for the episode description.
Old 11-14-2007, 08:20 AM
Elite Fan

I'm looking forward to seeing Lara again.
Hopefully this time she'll have better storyline.
Old 11-14-2007, 09:01 PM
Fan Forum Hero

some canadian viewers may have seen it...and spoiled things (with spoiler tags) and....they were very interesting
Wingster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 03:01 AM
New Fan

Just saw the episode and

Spoiler:

Yeah. That was pretty much the highlight of the episode for me.

The amazing thing was that right as that scene started, I was thinking:
Spoiler:

Guess that's taken care of!
Seashore Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 07:51 AM
Elite Fan

Spoiler:
Old 11-15-2007, 07:00 PM
Part-Time Fan

I really had to laugh at the place Kara was towards the end!!!! Probably I'm the only one that can appreciate that place!! (won't go any farther until more have seen it)
Barb B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 08:51 PM
Fan Forum Hero

maybe someone tampered with lex's memory...
or this "julian" is a clone
Wingster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 09:42 PM
Elite Fan

I'm somewhat in disbelief about the whole "Grant=Julian" plot, which is like Cris pointed out, not only completely out of left field but also quite impossible given the age discrepancy in the situation. I mean how old was Lex in "Memoria", it was his b-day in the episode, I should look that up. Either way, Julian was a baby then, he can't be any older than 18, which would mean he's an 18 year old chief editor of the daily planet!

As a whole, I actually liked 'Blue' a lot more than I did 'Lara' the first Helen Slater guest star episode. I'll be back with a complete review tomorrow,

and Laura rocked that last scene in "Detroit" in the rain, losing her memory, I can't wait to see how this is resolved.

What's going to hurt the show is 3 weeks in a row now of repeats.

The Dark is generous, and it's patient, and it always wins - but in the heart of it's strength lies weakness; one lone candle is enough to hold it back.
Love is more than a candle.
Love can ignite the stars.
Alexander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 11:09 PM
Addicted Fan

maybe it's a different julian. maybe Lionel had an affair and yet another illegitimate son who he coincidentally named after his dead son.

I'm sure they have a good explanation for this.....i hope.

and when is Clark gonna learn to listen to what jor-el says? he never seems to learn, god what an idiot!

did he try using soap to get the ring off? that usually does the trick, lol.

and I bet the waves weren't the only thing Jimmy was shredding. oh yeah.

and Chloe's yaris gets great mileage! lol
Old 11-15-2007, 11:43 PM
Elite Fan

The show has gone whacko, but I love it.

I have to say the wierdest thing though, is the fact that, for the last few weeks, I have mentioned the similarities, between both Michael's. Noone else, thinks they favor and of course, my husband and I are spoiler free, it's the only show we watch together, so I told him I wouldn't read spoiler's. Well for week's, I'v been teasing, about how much I think MC, favor's MR and of course, my husband dosen't think so and neither does our friend, who watches with us. So tonight when Grant, was shooting pool with Lex, I made the remark, look Lex is shooting pool with his brother and of course, they were like they look nothing alike, so it was so funny, when at the end, Grant, said your my brother. Of course, I never saw that coming and my jaw nearly hit the floor, but I had to say to them, See, I told you guys, they were brother's. My husband, was like you cheater, you read spoilers. I really didn't though, but I found that really funny. I know it's lame, but I don't feel as dumb now, considering the casting producer's, must have seen a resemblance between them, when they cast MC, cause I sure do.

Quote:
He can't be any older than 18, which would mean he's an 18 year old chief editor of the daily planet!
TRUE, but we are talking about a man, with Luthor Connection's. I am sure Lex had a HUGE HAND in Grant landing that job, probably to keep him incognito from Lionel, plus I thought he was the, Jr. Editor In Chief. I know, I read that somewhere..
"pacey I love you, you know that and it's very real." ~ Joey to Pacey 6x24 (dawson's creek)

Last edited by ***BLONDIE***; 11-15-2007 at 11:48 PM
***BLONDIE*** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 01:39 AM
Master Fan

It does seem plausible that Lex helped Grant get ahead in the Daily Planet at a young age but that doesn't explain how an 18 year-old (because jugding from past epsiodes he cannot be older than that) is passing as a 20 year old and no ones saying anything. I mean wouldn't someone make a remark about him being in highschool or something? That's why i'm pretty sure they f'ed up the timeline hoping no one would notice and added a few years to Julians age making him 20 or so that way it would "make sense" when they revealed him.

Or he could be a clone that Lex has hidden away all these years.. i wouldn't doubt it given the bizarrness of this season.

BiCaRdiBrEeZa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 04:02 AM
Elite Fan

Well, if noone knows he is 18, other then Lex, if that is his age, I'd assume, Grant has went to great lenghth's to disguise himself, so I'm assuming, he has, with the help from Lex, created his own Identity and Work Resume, full of lies to be able to get him by, without being questioned. I assume, he has created an older age for himself and since noone knows who he is, his past, ETC.. then he can easily say, I'm 20, 25, ETC and what reason would they have to question him, if his tracks are clean? That is what I meant... So I understand, how he can get by with no problem, at the Daily Planet, I just don't know where the writer's are going with this and how they will portray his age, his past, ETC... that is what I am wondering.

A Clone of his brother, that would be wierd, but hell he did Clone Lana and Zor El, cloned Lara and himself, so nothing surprises me really. Hell, for all we know, Clark could be a clone.
"pacey I love you, you know that and it's very real." ~ Joey to Pacey 6x24 (dawson's creek)

Last edited by ***BLONDIE***; 11-16-2007 at 04:07 AM
***BLONDIE*** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 05:52 AM
Elite Fan

Well colour me unimpressed with this episode.
I'm grateful for over the top cartoonish villain Zor-El because at least he amused me and I was laughing over the lines they had him say.

- Kara and Jimmy went on a vacation/trip together? Kinda sudden, no? Do they date? Or what?
- Clark, why are you such a dumbass? The crystal is from Zor-El. You have a loooong history of making wise decisions - like say...blowing up the farm after Jonathan warned you not to use the key on your spaceship. Jor-El warns you and tells you exactly why using the crystal is a bad decision. And what do you do? Ignore it. *head desk*
- I liked Kara/Lara reunion. But couldn't have Kara at least smack Clark a bit after realizing he had the crystal all along?
- Mwa ha I like Grant's quote about how compromising picture needs two eyes, a nose and a mouth. And he told her to bring Jimmy next time. Yes please.
Yes, yes, those two - so wrong. But they still amuse me. I love the bickering. And ha - why didn't we know she had Combat story published? Although making out in the office - not the best idea. Lock the door, find a broom closet or leave it for your apartment. What are you, high school kids? Oh wait...
- So Lionel is still one of the good guys? I could never trust him, but he did basically tell Zor-El to shove it, and remained loyal to Clark.
- Finally a cousins scene. Yay for Chloe trying to give advice. She did her BFF duty.
- Obligatory let's make use of Ollie's apartment set before he comes back scene. Neat story about the ring, and nice blue eyes effect.
- Mwa ha, I love that trenchcoat Zor-El wears, it looks so cool flying like that on the wind. "The same devious look in your eye. " Mwah. Can we keep this guy? The deliveries are slaying me! \o/ Oi, attempt at creepy face touching. Clark doesn't like it. But damn, no powers. They ruined a perfectly good ring - it was a scam. Ow, our poor villain is hurt when Clark told him they are not family. I'm having hurt Lex looks flashbacks. Woobies.
- Was there a point for this tea drinking scene? WTH, is Lara reading minds or what - where did this talk about the darkness in Lana come from? Thankfully Zor-El shows up. And twirls Lara while dragging her away. Lana stands there waiting to get smacked. Maybe she forgot she lost her powers last week and can't go one on one with a kryptonian anymore? Bingo, just in time for Clark to see it. Clark and Lana are left there like two bruised and bloodied rag dolls while Zor-El takes off with Lara. What - no evil "mwa ha ha"? I'm disappointed.
This is starting to look more and more like bad fan fiction with every scene. It's a really really good crack!! Who wrote this?
- Clark goes to Chloe, so she could drive him to the farm. Because he can't drive. No, that can't be right. Because he doesn't have a car, and it's not like Lana had to get to Ollie's apartment somehow so he could use that car. No it's not that. Is it to recap what happened so far in the episode for those who missed the first half? Because trust me - it's better if you don't, that way they might not realize how cractastic this was so far and continue watching. On the plus side, we did get the Yaris quote, and that was funny, so there was a small redeeming thing in this scene.
- Lex and Grant playing with the balls. Lex sticking his nose in Grant's love life. Rewind back 4 years, and you have a typical Clex scene. Mwa ha, the bra quote cracked me up. Oh snap. Grant m'dear you are not a good liar. I do like how Lex recognises that Lois is curious/nosey. Takes one to knows one.
- I'm trying not to cringe at Adam and Eve quote. Again - who wrote this episode? Luckily I really like the actor. Aw look, Kara is finally getting that her Dad is a bad guy. It's not like she knew that two episodes ago, right? So is it a kryptonian thing - to be so dumb and slow at times? Lara is doing some self-sacrificing thing, and dear Bob I couldn't care less. I can't believe I'm about to say this, but - Clark's biological Mom is so boring. Can we have Martha back? She is smart, and good under pressure and would never just stand there and accept all this bs.
- At least Clark is trying to get the ring off! He gets points for trying. The octagon key is back! Oh - eclipse! Don't worry Clark - maybe Hiro, Peter and other guys show up to save the day!
- Oi, what's with the cheesy dialogue in Lois/Grant scene? Sure, this will blow up in their faces, but let it. They're big kids, they can face the consequences. But can we have less macking on each other, it looked awkward. Stick with bickering.
- Back at FoS. Kryptonians love their daggers. You'd think that a civilization that advanced would have cooler toys. Loved Kara's speech about humans being worth defending. Oi, again with the abusive, bad fathers on the show. Aw, Clark figured out a way to save the day even without his powers. I'm kinda proud. But next time, maybe ducktape kryptonite to the bad guy. Just a thought...
- Oh look, it's Kara going all Sidney Bristow. Or recently Peter in Ireland, if we're still making comparisons to Heroes. I actually liked that scene a lot. It looked like a real town - with the cars and everything.
- Oh look, Clana scene filled with terrible dialogue. Yes Lana we know you'd approve of Clark endangering everyone just to see his Mom - you turned into a junkie to see your parents after all. Seriously, is there one person on this show who has a healthy relationship with their parents?
Oh wait, there's a bigger gem in this scene. Apparently, for Clark, kidnapping, torturing and attempting to murder someone is just a mistake. Why yes, because pretending someone close to you doesn't have a serious problem and trying to play the seriousness down will help everyone. Only you know, it won't. Least of all the person with a problem. And while you were incredibly stupid in this episode your actions don't really compare to Lana's. Endangering others as a consequence of your reckless decision is not the same as going after someone on purpose, and trying to hurt them.
WTF?! What did Lana do to help Lara? I make tea every day - can I get a medal? Seriously, Clark - start using your big head. When Lana is making more sense than you it's not a good thing! She's finally admitting she has a problem, don't try to build her up when she didn't deserve it just to make her feel better.
- Oh Lois could you be any worse with a computer? *pets* I know Chloe doesn't approve, but I don't get why lie to her. Friends usually back you up even why you do something stupid and they don't agree.
- Oh, spy gadgets! So...chances are Lex owns Lois/Grant sex tape? Oh boy...
I DO NOT GET OR APPROVE THIS JULIAN LUTHOR BUSINESS!
It has to be a clone. Julian would be what - 16/17 now if he was alive. There is no way Grant could be that young.
Apparently saying Lucas (the *other* brother) had plastic surgery or something like that obviously wasn't good enough...*le sigh*
- Mwa ha ha - poor Jor-El finally accepted that Clark is kinda slow, or as he voiced it "seem to lack the capacity to learn the lesson." Why, yes. It's been obvious for a while now.
Consequences? Again? Dead Jonathan wasn't enough? Oh Clark. What was with the light, what did Jor-El do?!
I don't feel like waiting until December 13th.