Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-02-2007, 06:59 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronson (View Post)
Yes it is past due for Clark to introduce his mom to Kara. As for coming into the house, I am guessing that since its a small town and back then you probably did not feel the need to lock your doors.

I loved this episode also. Zor EL was evil.

Loved Helen Slater as Clark's biological mother.
yes, they prolly started locking their doors once they came home and found the door ripped off from Zor-El
Old 11-02-2007, 11:57 AM
Extreme Fan

lol, probably. also once they got clark they probably cared more.
Old 11-02-2007, 04:05 PM
Elite Fan

Why oh why did they feel the need to turn the story about the house of El and Krypton into a soap opera? WHY?
Zor-El is all grabby and lusting after his brother's wife, and cloning her (Enough with the cloning. Seriously!). The wife is busy calling him delusional and leaving evidence of her visit in one of the easiest places where they could be discovered. And Jor-El is busy creating Brainiac. The hell AlMiles? Find a new story. Not everything has to be a cheesy love triangle!
Guh, I'm so disappointed that they wasted Helen Slater on crap like this.

Clark was all weird. In Bizarro's clothes.

Kara could not have been more obvious. She might as well tattooed "I'm an alien, capture me!" on her forehead. *le sigh*

I did like her last scene with Jimmy. But they are pushing that relationship too fast.

Chloe was basically a tool in this episode. They just used her to recite info everyone needed. And to discover Lana's foundation.
I did enjoy how she saw through Lana's lies right away.

Lana is still lying left and right, and I hope someone smacks her soon. Stop talking about your divorce settlement - you stole that money.

Lionel is back to playing a good guy. Shut up Lionel, with your holier-than-thou attitude. You have no right. Lex totally pwned him with the comment about how he learned how to treat women thanks to watching Lionel with Lillian.

Lex was pretty much the only likable character throughout the episode. He seemed concerned about Kara, he didn't get pissed when Clark barged in and accused him, he stood up for himself when Lionel started with his little speech.
Seriously Smallville, is this the best you can do - turning the "villain of the story" into the most sympathetic character?

And again - what the hell was up with Clark? First he's giving on this weird vibe. And then he ends up being a poor schmuck - telling Lana everything and showing her the crystal when some spooky music ends the episode. Just hope this doesn't come back to bite you in the ass later Clark, Lana isn't the most trustworthy person.

I know Zor-El looked like some cartoonish soap opera cliché, but if he'd be so kind and stop by at my place to erase my memory of this episode with that crystal with the "S" symbol I would be very grateful!

Last edited by Spike it up; 11-02-2007 at 04:33 PM Reason: ETA: because I remembered Lionel shot Agent Carter....
Spike it up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 04:21 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronson (View Post)
Clark was wrong to take MM's side against Kara like he did but I liked how they reconnected. That government guy was evil.
Well MM was right - Zor-El was a bad guy. But Clark should have trusted Kara, and assume that maybe she didn't know anything about it (like she didn't).
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxxFisher (View Post)
It seems like the writers have run out of things for Lana to do and now they're just throwing darts at idea cards on a buletin board.
And not only for Lana's story...
Quote:
Originally Posted by iq145 (View Post)
THE ORIGINAL SUPERGIRL as Clark's Mom!

Brilliant
It was good to see Helen.
And she still looks stunning.

BTW, hey, welcome to the board.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gerky (View Post)
I also really love the end scene with Lionel and Lex, possibly one of my favorite scenes of the night.
That was my favourite scene as well.
Quote:
But all throughout the episode I was like, why does Lionel look so different? Did he shave his moustache? What? Then I was like, it's the hair....it's so pretty and combed. I like it !
It also took me a moment to figure out why Lionel looks so different, before I realized it's the hair.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JediBlastoise (View Post)
wow Kara looked so great in that red dress! but then again she looks great in anything she wears, or doesn't wear!
I agree! That dress was smokin.
At least the episode was pretty.
Quote:
although i do wonder how Lara and Kara got inside the house in the first place and not let their presence be known. maybe the kents like to leave their doors unlocked or something...
It wouldn't surprise me if they didn't lock their doors, everyone has always just walk in without any problems.
It's almost as bad as Lex's mansion.
Old 11-02-2007, 09:55 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
I know Zor-El looked like some cartoonish soap opera cliché, but if he'd be so kind and stop by at my place to erase my memory of this episode with that crystal with the "S" symbol I would be very grateful!

BiCaRdiBrEeZa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 12:41 AM
Addicted Fan

i just realized, it's a good thing martha's picture wasn't destroyed by that second meteor shower, lol.
Old 11-03-2007, 07:04 AM
New Fan

I like the episode, things are moving fast. Helen Slater was great.

Recent review of Lara http:///geekoutonline.com/?p=81

Quote:
This episode was great. I love the looks into the origins of Clark and the deepening of the Smallville mythology. I was actually surprised to see the crystal wind up in Clark’s hands so soon. I guess I’ve gotten so used to the Smallville way of stringing us along until the very end of the season that things have seemed to move pretty fast this season. It’s refreshing and it feels like the creators of the show know exactly where they’re going. It also portends the end of the series to me. All of the talk about Clark’s destiny is pointing to him finally accepting it eventually.
mjc455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 09:27 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike it up (View Post)

It wouldn't surprise me if they didn't lock their doors, everyone has always just walk in without any problems.
It's almost as bad as Lex's mansion.

, yeah it seems like no one in that town locks their doors, must be something in the air.
Old 11-03-2007, 03:28 PM
Loyal Fan

And what is with all these portals to Earth from Krypton? I'm surprised that the entire population of Krypton didn't survive by just stepping through a portal and starting a farm on Earth.

Plus I've been saying this for years, perhaps Lex becomes evil because of brain damage caused by all the bumps on his head over the years.
Old 11-03-2007, 05:33 PM
Addicted Fan

well in the beginning of Lara, they said that Jor-el sealed all the portals so that Zod and the others couldn't escape, which was why she had to travel by ship.
]
Old 11-04-2007, 11:06 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Does anyone have the next episode's promo?
Old 11-04-2007, 03:20 PM
Elite Fan

And BTW what was up with Clark hugging Lionel?!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JediBlastoise (View Post)
i just realized, it's a good thing martha's picture wasn't destroyed by that second meteor shower, lol.
Exactly!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ale-la-pazza1 (View Post)
Does anyone have the next episode's promo?
Here you go hon:
YouTube - Smallville - 7x07 Wrath Short Trailer
YouTube - Smallville "Wrath" extended trailer
Old 11-04-2007, 07:17 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Saw the episode and it was awesome! So much stuff going on, so much to process.

First off, gotta love Kara- using her charms on that lab tech guy, using her abilities on Clark. She's an over all bad girl (and I mean that in a good way).

It was so cool to see them go back to the memory stuff that had been used a long time ago and how they made it better. I'm glad Clark got to see his mother.

And how sweet was it that an Ex-Supergirl got to have scenes with the present Supergirl!!!!

So much for Clark lying to Lionel about Kara since Lionel found out whose side of the family she was really on.

What the heck is really going on with Lana? We know she's using Lex's money for secret operations but just what are her motives?

Overall great episode!
Emma♥Neal
Ron_Beckett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 04:42 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike it up (View Post)
Lana is still lying left and right, and I hope someone smacks her soon. Stop talking about your divorce settlement - you stole that money.
That is the one thing that got me about this ep. In the end, Clark is all upfront about the picture of his biological mother and the crystal containing her DNA and Lana just stands there knowing that she is not giving him the same in return. Can we say the biggest hypocrite ever? And about that crystal. The fact that Clark ended up with it in the end proves he can be a sly mother when he wants to be.

Otherwise, I liked the backstory that was told and the introduction of Clark's real mother. It's nice to put a face to the name and learn more about what she was really like. It was also nice to see what kind of nut Zor-El really was. At least now Kara has no delusions about who he was.

Overall not a bad ep. The next one should prove to be interesting.

Matt Goss' New album Coming Soon

Everything Is Numb3rs
Wildcat492002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 09:16 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by R2Roswell (View Post)
First off, gotta love Kara- using her charms on that lab tech guy, using her abilities on Clark. She's an over all bad girl (and I mean that in a good way).
I must admit I felt a bit bad for Clark when she took off and flew away and all he could do was stand there and look in the sky.
Quote:
What the heck is really going on with Lana? We know she's using Lex's money for secret operations but just what are her motives?
Revenge?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcat492002 (View Post)
In the end, Clark is all upfront about the picture of his biological mother and the crystal containing her DNA and Lana just stands there knowing that she is not giving him the same in return. Can we say the biggest hypocrite ever?

That's one of the two biggest problems I have with her character.