Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-19-2007, 05:50 AM
Extreme Fan

it was the episode with the class election, i want to say drone, but i could be wrong.

After watching this episode i was a little disappointed but as i think about it, it was okay.

i liked the whole scene with clark and chloe where he says "then you wouldn't know me". Both Alison's and Tom's acting was really good in this season. and the whole scene where lex shot knox and he just gets up again.

chloe and jimmy breaking up , was well done. The whole time i was screaming just tell him already. it was interesting parelle that chloe was acting like the way clark has.

the whole immortal thing was kind of cool, and well done. i liked the twist that you (or maybe just me) felt almost bad for him at the end.

i didn't like lana's storyline, i still don't get how she is so okay with him being kryptonian and doesn't even question anything. also the whole her spying on lex is kind of old and last season.

overall it was a good episode, though there has been better. i'll give it a 7 out of 10.
Old 10-19-2007, 06:17 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeRoMe (View Post)
so that girl was from Season 1? which episode so I can refresh.
The bee episode. She was always sourounded by bees

As much as I loved that CC scene I think the writers should stop teasing us CC shippers LOL. They sounded like they were dating or something all in all I loved the episode. Only bad part was Lana has become a total hypacrite just like Lex. Actually I think thats the good part I just don't like that she in your face lied to Clark. Because yes Clark has kept stuff from her but I don't think Clark has ever "In your face" lied to her face like the way she did. I guess I'm a bit protective of my Clarky boy lol

Worst part of the episode Where's my Lois
mjgchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 11:03 AM
Elite Fan

What a great episode, I really enjoyed it.
I'd even put it on #2 place so far this season, because it wasn't rushed and the story felt natural in how it unfold. And the atmosphere kicked ass. Kinda dark and moody.

Dean freakin' Cain! What a guest star!
And still looking good.
He was great, Knox was twisted and fun and determined and had his reasons to do what he did. Now that's what I call a good villain!
Plus:
"I came here for help, not to be cut open by some Jack The Ripper wannabe."
"I was Jack The Ripper"

Ha!!

So I had to do a little homework on Vandal Savage, and it sure feels like it could be him.
I'm all for it - and can we have him back! If nothing else then next season.

They are really playing the immortality card this season, eh?

BTW what's with Lex having no problem killing Knox?! He put 6 bullets into him. I mean one, two bullets would have done the trick. 6 was an overkill, but he seemed to be OK with it. Since when does he kill people so easily?

I did like how he was paying Knox to find the cure for meteor mutants, but also wanted them not to remember anything about 33,1. That's out boy!

And how good was to see Clex working together? \o/
Clark actually picked him up and carried him! And waited for him to wake up. And didn't yell. Or glare too much.
Now this is the Clex I want to see.

But what's up with spy Lana?
She is annoying the hell out of me. Plying house, blaming Clark for everything that happened in the past and then doing the exact same thing to him. Hypocrite.
And not only that but trying to paint Lex as the bad guy? Sure. With her acting like that I do wonder why those two divorced - she's definitely a Luthor.

I do wonder who her partner is? She was exchanging messages with someone who got her that place in Metropolis. If they make it look like she's working with Ollie or JLA guys I will scream!!

Kara and Martian Manhunter scenes were great! I like the Red-Eyes nickname.
So glad to get more backstory. Krypton sure was one fun place, huh?
I just don't want to see either of them ending up looking bad, I love both characters. And even if it does end up that it's something bad on that crystal it doesn't mean Kara knew about it.

BTW yay for Jimmy/Kara making some progress with that.
I like how she came to look for Lois first (Lois mention! She's after another story. ) but then ended up working with James.
Those two are cute, and have potential. But not yet, it's still too soon after Jimmy/Chloe break up.
"Everyone knows Martians use infrared." lol

As for Jimmy/Chloe, they were the only normal non angsty couple until now, so the break up makes me sad.
But I understand Jimmy - he didn't bitch about secrets until now, but when it became too much he got out. Much better than Lana ever did for example.
I understand Chloe was looking for a cure, but was it necessary to cancel a date like that - couldn't it wait until morning (Knox did end up telling her to come back in a few days/end of the week)?
But with all the anti-meteor freaks comments Jimmy was making I also understand Chloe, and wanting to be normal.
Seriously, was it necessary to pull a Clana v. 2.0. with these two?

No cure for Chloe in the end.
She really seems to mind her power, and is a bit afraid of it. All valid points. But than again, there are meteor mutants who don't go evil/homicidal. And it took so long for the power to kick in, maybe it doesn't happen often? Still so many answers left unanswered.
I do hope she'll learn more about it soon and come to terms with it.

All in all - a really good episode.
Some random thoughts:
- I'm glad that the Director's Cut scene was shortened and all the gross stuff wasn't in the episode
- loved the song over the end montage
- Dean Cain!!!

Last edited by Spike it up; 10-19-2007 at 11:27 AM
Spike it up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 02:34 PM
Loyal Fan

I loved it and hated it. I definitely give this episode a 10/10.

From beginning to end I was involved in the show, at no point did I check out really. I was happy to see bee girl. I was scared for Chloe in her quest to get rid of her powers. I was intrigued by the Clark/Lana relationship which, though beautiful to look at, is subtly deteriorating beneath the surface. The blossoming relationship between Jimmy and Kara is really cute. And we are gettin more peices to the puzzle of the spaceship, homeland security and Kara's crystal. The confrontations between Clark, MM and Kara were really charged and exciting. There was this tender moment between Clark and Chloe, when Clark was trying to convince Chloe not to go through with the procedure, that I loved. It gave me goosebumps. Lois was mentioned. The scenes between Clark and Lex had a relaxed vibe that I enjoyed. I hope it continues. Lexana is still going on in its own twisted way as Lex jabs at Lana by telling Clark about the 10 million and Lana obsessively spies on Lex and exposes his secrets.

Dean Cain is definitely in the top five Smallville guest stars. He was suburb. He's right up there with Christopher Reeve. And I loved how the plot used him as a cautionary mirror for Clark emotionally.

The crowning glory of this episode was the ending of the Chloe/Jimmy relationship. My heart is broken. I haven't cried so much since watching Franco Zefferelli's Romeo and Juliet. And THAT is something I NEVER expected to say about Smallville.

ETA: The bee-girl episode is called "Drone."

I am Tyrion's Wench

Last edited by LittleLoLo; 10-19-2007 at 02:39 PM
LittleLoLo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 05:08 PM
Banned

Quote:
BTW what's with Lex having no problem killing Knox?! He put 6 bullets into him. I mean one, two bullets would have done the trick. 6 was an overkill, but he seemed to be OK with it. Since when does he kill people so easily?
Cause he is Lex Luthor?
JoshandChristinaCursed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 05:49 PM
Elite Fan

I also thought the message at the end of the episode, with Dean doing the promo for the Home | Christopher and Dana Reeve Foundation foundation was very classy. I would personally encourage anyone in the US and Canada to get your Superman Tags and help out if you can (I did, can't wait to wear them actually )

Alex

The Dark is generous, and it's patient, and it always wins - but in the heart of it's strength lies weakness; one lone candle is enough to hold it back.
Love is more than a candle.
Love can ignite the stars.
Alexander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 05:54 PM
Passionate Fan

Ratings?
Sara Bareilles(talking about grammys) - I maintain my story that Bono tried to throw his sunglasses to me because I was the only one effing standing up watching U2! But he's not a very good shot because he went right over my head to the two bitches behind me, but oh well.
javajunkie4eva88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 09:18 PM
Dedicated Fan

I loved this episode and will be watching it again very soon lol...my fav line of all time in this episode was the jack the ripper line....I was jack the ripper lol so cool....
Chloe had spine again....digging her feet in and going for what she wanted, even if it meant forgetting Clark, which Clark hated and showed really well....the writers are killing me with this Clark and Chloe thing...they act constantly like boyfriend and girlfriend....they are like a couple that has been married for 50 years....all the trust and love none of the kissing or sex lol...
Im actually liking the new Lana....there is just something a bit off about it...they need to tweak the character a little to make her right...but I like the direction....and the sooner they split her and Clark up for good the better...only cause i want to see the Chlark thing happen once and for all.
Dean Cain is awesome...it was great having two hotties together again...about time we had some more eye candy since Oliver left lol..I could look at Dean play anything. Overall this episode was awesome...and Chloe is getting her groove back...thou I was screaming at her to just friggin tell Jimmy.....its good to see her get going...yes Strider you were right they are gonna bring back Chloe to the point we all love lol.....
I still cant get over the jack the ripper line lol I tell ya it made the episode lol what a great line.
Great job Smallville lets hope they keep up the good work of this episode.
Old 10-20-2007, 01:54 AM
Addicted Fan

Dean Cain was awesome in this.

Did Clark steal that maple syrup? he went out and back so fast there'd be no way he actually paid for it. O_O

I also found this funny:

Clark to Lex: "How do we kill him (Knox)"
Lex: "He is immortal Clark"

Later...
Clark to MM: "Did you kill him?"
MM: "He is immortal Clark, he can't be killed"

geez clark how many more times do you gotta ask?! lol
Old 10-20-2007, 09:57 AM
Loyal Fan

I really loved having Dean Cain in this ep. It was definitely the right role for him and since it was left open-ended, he could possibly reappear in the future.

I thought Tom once again rocked it. He brings so much emotion to his scenes. My favorites were the one with Lex when you could literally see the disgust in his face. And I also loved the scene with Chloe when he is trying to convince her not to get the procedure. Both were emotionally charged and Tom pulled them off with ease.

I'm sad that Chloe and Jimmy are over. I was kind of hoping she would open up. But its a life changing revelation. I think that she finally understands what it was like for Clark all those years. As much as you want to share all the secrets in your life, some are just too big and maybe too painful.

I'm not sure what to think about Lana. First she steals millions and then spends some of the money to have total access to the Luthor mansion and spy on Lex 24/7. She obviously has an axe to grind with Lex, the question becomes how will she ultimately do it. And if she thinks that lying to Clark about it is a good idea, she is seriously kidding herself.

Definitely cool to have a MM appearance. And with a slight rift in the family, what will happen between Clark and Kara? I really don't know if she is good or bad? At this point I think I need more information in order to make a decision on that one. Overall very good ep. It will be interesting to see what is to come.

Matt Goss' New album Coming Soon

Everything Is Numb3rs
Wildcat492002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2007, 11:22 AM
Elite Fan

So the overall opinion across the net is that "Cure" was a success (ratings also were pretty good) and that Dean Cain did a solid to excellent job with the guest starring role. The best thing about it, we don't know when but we do know he will be back as we have not seen the last of Curtis Knox.

Cris, I don't think that Chloe necessarily has come to grips with her situation, but I think she's beginning to accept it. Full acceptance would have been her telling Jimmy about it, but maybe it's too fast? Maybe her character needs more time, and of course they want the "drama" and the "angst". I have no doubt that Jimmy would accept Chloe for who she is and not what she is (special ability).

I also don't have a problem with Lex shooting Knox 5-6 times, b/c they wanted to emphasize his immortality. If he would have shot him once and the guy lived, it's not as "shocking" or it leaves wiggle room.

The episode that Sasha's character is from: S1 "Drone". I don't believe that was the same actress, but it's good to see they are willing to bring back characters like that for the sake of continuity.

The Dark is generous, and it's patient, and it always wins - but in the heart of it's strength lies weakness; one lone candle is enough to hold it back.
Old 10-20-2007, 11:24 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by javajunkie4eva88 (View Post)
Ratings?
Posted on the News/Info Thread last page In short, over 5 million viewers is a big number for SV. Dean's appearance and the appearance of Kara for S7 has helped push SV forward with what CW considers very strong numbers for their number one rated drama.

Old 10-20-2007, 12:11 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediBlastoise (View Post)
I also found this funny:

Clark to Lex: "How do we kill him (Knox)"
Lex: "He is immortal Clark"

Later...
Clark to MM: "Did you kill him?"
MM: "He is immortal Clark, he can't be killed"

geez clark how many more times do you gotta ask?! lol

Yeah, I guess Clark couldn't quite grasp that!
Old 10-20-2007, 02:32 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I guess Clark couldn't quite grasp that!
Well,that's what he gets for skipping college, right? Whatever happened to Central Kansas!

Old 10-20-2007, 06:26 PM
Addicted Fan

yea, it would seem dropping out of college has made him dumb and a thief, stealing vermont's finest in maple syrup.