Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-12-2007, 09:52 AM
Loyal Fan

It seems that they cut out a lot from this episode like the Lana looking guilty as she hugs Clark...and all the MM scenes! If that clip in the commercial was for this episode. Also, there were stills that showed Chloe was at the pageant and also showed Kara in some get up I can't explain.

Actually, I'm not liking how they are cutting certain things in episodes and I think that can really make or break an episode.

Lionel? I didn't know there was a character called Lionel?...just kidding. Poor JG. He's being treated like Shelby and when he's not in the episode, he literally doesn't seem to exist.
Old 10-12-2007, 09:57 AM
Addicted Fan

this ep was basically stupid cheesy fun. i still enjoyed it tho. it had some....redeeming qualities

Old 10-12-2007, 10:16 AM
Elite Fan

OK that animation is helping with redeeming the episode in my eyes.

Like I said, thank bob for eye candy, because other stuff was seriously lacking.
Old 10-12-2007, 10:26 AM
Master Fan

This episode did it for me, Smallville's off my must watch shows list sadly. I had so many hopes for this season, but instead they introduce Supergirl (for what, I don't even know) and just when you though they'd do the Superman myth justice by stopping Clana, there they go again.

It's frustrating loving a show so much and not liking where it's going. While I'm enjoying Lex of course and even Chloe these days, the rest of the show is really lacking...in what I don't even know.
Old 10-12-2007, 11:14 AM
Loyal Fan

Although for the most part this ep came off as another typical meteor-freak crime spree in Smallville it did have some nice moments.

I did like the moments between Clark and Kara. Watching Clark try to play the parental figure and getting frustrated is kind of comical. TW plays it all really well and there is really good chemistry between the actors. Clark and Kara definitely have a way to go in coming to a total understanding of eachother, but now they have a mystery to solve together. It will be interesting to see where it all leads.

I liked the return of Jimmy. He was definitely a good addition to the cast. It definitely seems like he has a thing for Kara. Will that fact and the fact that he has turned against meteor-freaks strain the relationship between him and Chloe? Speaking of Chloe, I really miss the slightly more full of pep person she used to be. She really needs to come to terms with what she is and move forward with her life.

In terms of Clark and Lana. I don't entirely hate it. I just get the feeling that it is doomed to crash and burn. I guess it goes back to when Kara told Clark not to kid himself about what the future will bring him and then to flash forward to hear Lana to go on about how it's exactly what she wants out of her relationship with Clark. I think to some degree Clark is getting the picture but it will take him longer to get the full picture.

The last interesting thing in the ep was the confrontation between Lex and Kara. It sounded to me like Lex might have a pretty good idea of what is going on with Clark than Clark or anyone realizes. Now he wonders whether Kara is a 'savior or a warning'? I think that we are left same. Why is she really on Earth? Is there to help Clark or to hinder him in his destiny? I guess we will have wait and see.

I can't wait until next week when we have the showdown between the past and present Clark Kent.

Matt Goss' New album Coming Soon

Everything Is Numb3rs
Wildcat492002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 11:42 AM
Extreme Fan

I've watched Smallville on and off since Season 1, I liked it!

by any way what happened to the mom?
Old 10-12-2007, 08:18 PM
Dedicated Fan

For the first time in a long time I was actually fine with the Lana and Clark moments...I enjoyed their time together, they both seemed relaxed around each other and Lana looked totally at home at the Kent farm...even thou we are gonna to go throu the wringer with them yet again, gag, its nice to see them have some nice times before it all blows up..
I cant stand what they are doing to Chloe....they are making her so weak and pathetic...she is a great character and they are totally making her out to be almost Lana like from previous episodes when she was like, why always me and I will do what I always do....the Lana that made us hate Lana....lucky for us Allison Mack has made us love Chloe so much that we are gonna stick with her throu the writers crap. I just hope they get it together soon and stop making Chloe so pathetic and back to the super chick we know and love.
Tom always seems to play it like Clark is more devistated when things go wrong with Chloe....like the losing control in the hospital and spinning with grief over Chloes death....and the happiness mixed with total confusion when she was alive....with Lana it was just a look and a hug...weird for someone who sees Chloe as a friend and Lana as the love of his life.
The last scene was the best in the episode for me...I was like oooooooooooooo go Lex....the rest of the episode was fluff....it was again like a soap opera and I really dont like daytime tv lol....What im really waiting for is what happened to Lionel...I am so ready to see Lionel again...so move it along already...
Old 10-13-2007, 07:31 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeRoMe (View Post)

Martha left and took a job as govenor (or something like that) in DC.
Old 10-13-2007, 08:10 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liz01 (View Post)
This episode did it for me, Smallville's off my must watch shows list sadly. I had so many hopes for this season, but instead they introduce Supergirl (for what, I don't even know) and just when you though they'd do the Superman myth justice by stopping Clana, there they go again.

It's frustrating loving a show so much and not liking where it's going. While I'm enjoying Lex of course and even Chloe these days, the rest of the show is really lacking...in what I don't even know.
Liz, believe me, I know exactly how you feel. The frustration is so high b/c just like you, I see the potential SV has in episodes like "Justice", or "Nemesis" and then you have episodes...like "Fierce"

All I can say is check back in a few weeks, it may get better

Quote:
I did like the moments between Clark and Kara. Watching Clark try to play the parental figure and getting frustrated is kind of comical. TW plays it all really well and there is really good chemistry between the actors. Clark and Kara definitely have a way to go in coming to a total understanding of eachother, but now they have a mystery to solve together. It will be interesting to see where it all leads.
Clark/Kara are the best relationship on SV right now. I hope they don't blow it, but their scenes are like a breath of fresh air. I mean the Clana, the Chlark, the Clois, they have all been done before. This is new and different (family) and needed to make SV better.

Quote:
I liked the return of Jimmy. He was definitely a good addition to the cast. It definitely seems like he has a thing for Kara. Will that fact and the fact that he has turned against meteor-freaks strain the relationship between him and Chloe? Speaking of Chloe, I really miss the slightly more full of pep person she used to be. She really needs to come to terms with what she is and move forward with her life.
Agreed that Jimmy is a good addition to the cast

However, I maybe the only person that is glad that Chloe isn't her "usual" self right now. Let's not forget the events from Bizarro, I mean she died! She's obviously emotionally traumatized by this event and hasn't shared it with anyone, so she's dealing with it in her own way. It is very realistic to see her struggling and not "being herself" right now.

Quote:
I just get the feeling that it is doomed to crash and burn.
One of the hardest thing about watching a couple that you know has no long term future.

Quote:
Now he wonders whether Kara is a 'savior or a warning'? I think that we are left same. Why is she really on Earth? Is there to help Clark or to hinder him in his destiny? I guess we will have wait and see.
Best scene in this not so good episode was Lex and Kara outside the Talon. Those are all great questions and that is what they need to focus on...not romantic couples that drag the show down!

Quote:

Welcome to the discussion thread

Martha Kent took the senatorial seat left vacant when Johnathan died, and then ran for US Senate, which she won with Lionel's help, and now she is one of Kansas' two Senators in Washington D.C. She left the show last year and may come back as a special guest star as the season goes on.

Quote:
I cant stand what they are doing to Chloe....they are making her so weak and pathetic...she is a great character and they are totally making her out to be almost Lana like from previous episodes when she was like, why always me and I will do what I always do....the Lana that made us hate Lana....lucky for us Allison Mack has made us love Chloe so much that we are gonna stick with her throu the writers crap. I just hope they get it together soon and stop making Chloe so pathetic and back to the super chick we know and love.
I would suggest you read my Chloe comments from earlier, but Chloe is acting this way for a reason...she died. Since none of us here have done that and came back to life, I guess we'll give her a pass, right? I feel that Chloe fans need to give her a break, and the writers a break too, and also wait for next week episode

The Dark is generous, and it's patient, and it always wins - but in the heart of it's strength lies weakness; one lone candle is enough to hold it back.
Love is more than a candle.
Love can ignite the stars.
Alexander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 12:28 PM
Loyal Fan

I agree with those who see Fierce as a cheesy, fun filler episode.

I loved seeing the flavor of living in Smallville again after what seems like forever. It really had the feel of the earlier seasons. I enjoyed seeing Kara and Clark hauling corn together... it reminded me of all the times Clark and his parents where hauling veggies and hay and stuff.

I thought Kara's love at first sight crush on Jimmy Olsen was really cute. In fact I thought she was cute for much of the episode. Trying to fit in, feeling discouraged, feeling proud of herself for mastering the dance routine. She's a cutey pie. LOL!

I enjoyed watching Kara and Clark rub each other the wrong way. That was fun. The watermelon scene was hilarious!

I was happy about the Lois mention.

Happy Chimmy! Jimmy was supportive of Chloe at the DP... with her... annoying editor. LOL! Then at the end... hand in hand. People want to rake Jimmy over the coals for looking at Kara but... LOL! I'll take Chloe's cue. She's was more amused than anything else. Kara looked sad b/c they were obviously a happy couple.

Lex groveling to Lana was distasteful. But he's got her in the palm of his hand if he ever changes his mind about forgiving her. I liked his comments to her about what Clark would think and also about her taking the 10 million. I loved his scene at the end with Kara. Oh that was wonderful. Not only did it make me think of Nemesis because Lex was taking his frustrations with Clark out on Kara; but it also made me think of Jor-el's warning to Clark about Kara. She looked uncomfortable when Lex suggested she might be a warning.

The Clana was sort of annoying but sort of (surprisingly) pleasant. I liked the lemonade scene. They were sort of like Martha and Jonathan in scenes with Kara... I thought it would be fun if Lana gave Kara some tips on being in a beauty pageant. There was more of a pleasant friendship vibe between Lana and Clark than the angsty forced romantic vibe it usually has.

The FOTWs were ok. I enjoyed their personalities and their acting. However, their powers were REALLY lame. I also felt like... the Lois and Clark writers would have done a less sloppy job of tying everything together... the pageant, the map, the Kryptonian crystal. I wished the FOTWs had given us and idea of Smallville culture... rather than being visitors... I wish they'd been citizens of Smallville.

I was happy to see Shelby.

So I really liked "Fierce." Meh. 8/10

I am Tyrion's Wench
LittleLoLo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 12:41 PM
Elite Fan

Haven't watched the episode yet, but that animation!

kenny | credit
smoothaise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 06:49 PM
Total Fan

The beauty queens reminds me The Ravens, Birds of Prey villains that appeared in the earlier comics and travelled time as well.

I loved Kara in this episode. She was just adorable, cute and funny as always. I loved her interactions with Clark. But why they have to throw her in two triangles (seems like). Kara/Jimmy is canon and Kara/Lex too but why they didn't picked one for a change?

I missed Lois and I'm glad Jimmy is back ! And I might one of the few that like Grant.

Livejournal
Fred Pryce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 07:29 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
I would suggest you read my Chloe comments from earlier, but Chloe is acting this way for a reason...she died. Since none of us here have done that and came back to life, I guess we'll give her a pass, right? I feel that Chloe fans need to give her a break, and the writers a break too, and also wait for next week episode
Yes I get that, and that Chloe is keeping it from Clark when she usually goes to him for help on this stuff....and I also think its the metor freak part that is giving her the most trouble not the I died part...shes been throu alot and been close to death many times....she has always been a strong, get throu anything you throw at me kind of character that goes to Clark when things get to hard as he does with he....the give and take between the two has all but gone now...instead she is giving up on everything and everyone and one thing Chloe isnt is a sulker...she gets up after a moment and takes action. Chloe could be down and out for the rest of the season and I would still love the character, she has built her up so well that you cant help but love her, but its a little out of character what she is doing now and I think the reason we are all voicing it, is in hope that they wont take her the way of Lana and ruin the character. Its seems they are trying to redeem Lana and burn Chloe.
Old 10-14-2007, 05:21 AM
Total Fan

Quote:
Clark's reaction wasn't what I expected. I expected more of an emotional feeling. The love of your life, walks back into your life, from the dead and you just look at her, then hug her?
Quote:
First - it was anticlimactic. She just showed up.
Second - no big emotions really. There was more joy when Clark saw Lex alive and back in season 3.
Amen to both of these statements.
Clark's reaction was absurd.
I already thought that his reaction to her death was lame to say the least, but his reaction to her being alive was even worse.
The supposed 'Love of his life' comes back and all you can do is stare at her for some seconds and then hug her?
And the next moment they're sitting there talking like nothing ever happend and had been talking to each other every day? WTF?

Quote:
Third, they are starting the relationship all over again and are already making it obvious that it won't work. That growing old argument that Kara made couldn't have been more obvious.
And forth, Clark's secret being in the open doesn't change anything apparently. Lana is still keeping things to herself, and they are both ignoring everything that happened before ("lets forget the past"). You can not build a relationship on already shaky foundation.
I couldn't agree more.
I'm already tired of this storyline because I already know where this is going to lead us. The song remains the same with them. Nothing ever changes. Really.
The only thing that makes me want to look forward to it, is the hope that this is going to be their last shot and If they fail again, that's it.
Though it's probably just whishful thinking considering that every time Clana seems to be dead, these writers always find a way for it to come back at full force.
Old 10-14-2007, 06:45 PM
Absolute Fan

Strider I totally agree about your Chloe comment! Chloe has always been such a strong person through some of the toughest stuff. Kidnappings, attemps on her life, losing people she loves both to death and to other people, being burried alive, having all her boyfriends turn psycho, having to deal with a new enemy trying to kill her and now she finds out shes a meteor freak. But through out all of this, she has always been the tough girl that people can trust, depend on and look to when they need help and she never complain or broke down. Sometimes you need to break down after a while, there is always a piece of straw that breaks that camels back and for Chloe, it was a pretty big piece of straw. She finds out shes a metor freak and has no idea what her power is then later finds out that her power kills her. She dies, comes back to life just to find out 5 seconds later her best friend is dead. She goes back to work to find out her job is slowly being ripped away from her from her cousin with little to no help from her, the cousin she had just finished dying for (no offence to Lois btw, just how I see it) and now she gets to watch her boyfriend get ripped from her grip.

If anything, I'm surprised this breakdown hasn't come sooner. Lana's been complaining and feeling sorry for herself and sulking about everything since day 1 despite her getting almost everything she wants (no offence to Lana fans), Chloe deserves a bit of time to sulk a bit and not be her usual preppy self.

Last edited by go_clo; 10-14-2007 at 06:53 PM
go_clo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread