Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 10-05-2007, 02:33 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Last nights show was well done. Although I really wished they kept the lana "death" going another week or two before Lex showing up to ask her to come back. I did like the surprise of a cloned Lana,who too the place of the real Lana in the explosion. Kristin is getting older and her face shows the adult beauty coming out ! It is no wnder she doesnt want to do another season after this,she could make movies or even model again!!

I am huge smallville fan I just haven't remembered to post here on this TV show topic.

I like Supergirl character a lot ,not cause she is young and hot . What I want to find out is how old she is supposed to be in Earth years. Based on her scenes with "Clark" she might be like in her 40's . She ,the actress carries herself very well.

In past shows when "Clark" stops a bomb or some huge explosion he has some of effect . She stops the ships Nuke from going off and it was like nothing !! Perhaps she is going to prove to be stronger then Superboy!

He has to fly, i am sick of watching everyone else fly but him. It is now or never !!

This year is going to be very interesting to say the least.
Old 10-05-2007, 03:21 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxxFisher (View Post)
Clone Lana was laughable.
yeah, although that was a pretty interesting way of explaining how she faked her death. although it seems that next week Clona might be meeting Clark, since the previews seem to allude to that.

Last edited by JediBlastoise; 10-05-2007 at 03:26 PM
JediBlastoise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 05:17 PM
Dedicated Fan

I really enjoyed the Clark and Kara stuff......but most of this episode left me thinking, huh? Just when they started to travel along a path they stopped and just moved on to something else before it seems even close to finished....Clark was starting to think Jor El was right all along and that he was a good man now all of a sudden he hates him again...head spin...Im still not sure how they are gonna play Kara...but she is playing a teenager very well....Thats what you get for touching my stuff...she is doing classic teenager antics with powers lol its great....Just wondering if they are gonna play Kara bad who becomes good, good all along, or just plain bad. Too many versions of her in the comic universe lol...but if I remember correctly she was sent to earth to kill Kal El so we cant make any assumptions of where the writers will take her. Maybe thats why they made a point of the crystal with her orders being missing, she doesnt know yet she is suppose to kill him...who knows what they will do....
Im annoyed at how they made Chole out to be so weak this episode...Chloe is use to keeping clarks secret helping him out and breaking the story, why now is she suddenly being told shes lost her fire...even Allison Mack seemed like she was pissed with this story. It may explain some of the blogs she has written lately lol....I dont even wanna comment on the Lana thing, I just pray they dont start the stupid Clark Lana crap up again...
Old 10-05-2007, 06:38 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Lana Lang is the center of everyone's universe
Woah i can even breathe i'm laughing so hard. That's an understatement.

BiCaRdiBrEeZa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 08:47 PM
Elite Fan

I also agree with Cris and I will say that "Kara" was a better episode than "Bizarro".

The Good: All the scenes with Clark/Kara, they made this episode. Laura is a relatively new actress, and this is her biggest role to date. I didn't know what to expect, and to be honest, I was bracing for the worst. A beautiful girl that doesn't know how to act and play this part. It goes without saying, I was wrong about that. If anything, Laura gave this episode heart, much needed mythology canon with her kryptonian heritage talk to Clark, and the space ship (explosion). SuperGirl is a hard role to play. Unlike Clark, she can't just "act normal", she's not been raised by humans like Clark has. Laura pulled it off quite well. I have to give the writers a lot of credit, they made all her scenes well written, with good comedic timing (jokes like the elevator one).

Tom and Laura have good family chemistry. This is really a much needed character for Clark, to have someone in his life like Kara is going to make this season so much better. Ever since his father passed away, and Martha is now gone, Clark's kind of been a bit directionless (hence the whole moving away thing). Well now he's got a reason to stay, a reason that is family (thankfully they didn't bring in Lana to get him to stay!)

The special effects, really great job. It is after all a TV show on a small network, they don't have a big budget and they do the best job they can. I enjoyed the flying effects, they did have me worried, but the best scene for me was when Clark was trying to teach Kara how to use her superhearing power. Just an awesome scene all the way around, topped with good special effects.

I also liked the editing in this episode much, much more. Less choppy and they told the story in a bit more of a linear fascion, which I personally like.

Besides Laura, I felt that Erica also carried this episode. Her character has been in great need of an episode like this, to get her closer to where she ultimately will end up when SV is finished. At the Daily Planet!

The Bad: Lex, I'm disappointed. I really wish he hadn't went back and begged Lana. I mean man up dawg! There are other fish in the sea, you are Lex Luth-OR! I know it was going to eventually happen, Lex searching for Lana and all and finding her, but so soon?

The new editor, I will give him a pass, but he seems a bit on edge. I hope Chloe doesn't get down on herself since he was kind of riding her hard in this episode with the comments that she's not been doing a great job. I mean she is a low level entry level reporter, what does he expect? She's learning.

We have yet another government agency after Kryptonian artifacts...now they have Kara's crystal, which is basically her "fortress of solitude".

No Jimmy and No Lionel! Come on already, throw these guys a bone!

The Ugly: I'm going to have to go with Lana. That was a rather far stretch of the imagination, this whole cloned story, trying to pin the murder on Lex. Yeah I know it's SV and it's a TV show, but it's gotta be a little grounded in reality. I'm just not a fan of cloning, so you can "cheat death" or set it up, or whatever. It seems like a poor excuse from the writers. She didn't shoot Lex, just sat there and made her speech and now what? I guess I'm going to have to give it a free pass until next few episodes. But I still hate the idea of cloning and pinning it on Lex.

Overall grade for "Kara" 4 out of 5! You only get one "introduction" to an iconic comic book character, and for the most part (new editor and Lana/Lex plot aside), this episode rocked!

Alex

The Dark is generous, and it's patient, and it always wins - but in the heart of it's strength lies weakness; one lone candle is enough to hold it back.
Love is more than a candle.
Love can ignite the stars.
Alexander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2007, 05:26 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Very good episode!
Just...I can't get the whole Lana clone storyline
Old 10-06-2007, 06:43 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ale-la-pazza1 (View Post)
Just...I can't get the whole Lana clone storyline
You are not the only one. It's confusing, pretty much down laughable, much like the whole experiment storyline with the super soldiers last season. It's borderline sci-fi, and it's important to know that smallville isn't supposed to be a sci-fi show. It's action/adventure drama.

The Dark is generous, and it's patient, and it always wins - but in the heart of it's strength lies weakness; one lone candle is enough to hold it back.
Old 10-06-2007, 09:22 AM
Extreme Fan

I just saw the kara episode, and i thought it was great! The scenes she and clark had togheter were really good! Other than that the ep was good, lex found lana, lana didnt shoot him...
Old 10-06-2007, 09:35 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
You thought he was sincere?

I hope not.
I know they are going with this I've seen the wrong of my ways Lex, but that scene would have made him too pathetic.

Just call me gullible!
Barb B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2007, 11:21 AM
Elite Fan

Yes, the scene with Lex and Lana, how many times have we seen that kind of scene before? We all knew she wasn't going to shoot Lex. Maybe SV missed a big opportunity to really seize the moment, and have Lana pull the trigger, and Lex falling down, she runs away, but Lex isn't dead yet and gets the medical attention needed to survive. At least that has some drama to it (Yes, I know it's also been done, but not as much).

In my experience, if you are going to shoot someone, you don't point the gun at them and talk! You shoot them!

Old 10-06-2007, 11:56 AM
Part-Time Fan

At least I knew Lana wouldn't shoot Lex so I give my self some credit! In my defense, Michael is a great actor and, yes, I did believe what he told Lana. Seems like Lana might believe it too due to the trailer for next week.
Barb B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2007, 06:07 PM
Loyal Fan

I liked the ep.

I liked Kara. She and Clark seem to get along real well. It's Clark's chance to play the protector and mentor, which is definitely a sign of how far he's come in terms of growing into the man he's to become. There may be times of frustration with Kara, but I am sure that we'll get to learn alot by watching what goes on between the two of them.

I felt bad for Chloe in this one. She has always prided herself on her work and aspired to be someone someday and she basically got walked all over by the new editor, who was a little harsh but I have to admit he's a pretty good character.

I'm not sure that I can see where this whole 'clone' thing came from or is going. But at least we have no more flashes to China. Although I believe that Lex will never hurt Lana, I guess one has to ask why he did what he did to her? Now that she's checked out and made it clear she can defend herself, what does he turn to next? I don't believe for a second he's been born again or is turning over a new leaf. That thought is highly laughable.

Definitely looking forward to what's to come. And just where the hell is Lionel? Hopefully he puts in an appearance soon.

Matt Goss' New album Coming Soon

Everything Is Numb3rs
Wildcat492002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 01:53 AM
Elite Fan

Here's MHO on the episode..

Kara came off far too forced for me. Her attitude in the beginning wasn't as nice, as what I was expecting. She was a little to hard-headed for me in the beginning and first impression does mean alot for me, with new character introdution and she started off on the wrong foot, like Lois did in the beginning and I still don't like her and with Kara, even toward the end, I still didn't like her either and so far, other then being pretty, which has to be the reason she was cast, she's not believeable to me, but that's just to me now. No offense to the one's who like her. I know they played the attraction card with Clark and Kara, cause he did back off when he realized they were kin to each other, but EWW! that irked me.

Lois of course was annoying to 10th power as always.

No Jimmy again...

Chloe is my second favorite character now, she is the only one I find likeable, beside's Clark.

Lana, Lana, Lana, how I miss the Lana from season one. The whole Lex/Lana thing has got to end. It's beyond hideous and dumb now. I mean, I knew she wasn't dead, but still her whole stroyline is crazy and so is Lex's involvement in it. I don't believe Lex for a minute about leaving her alone, I mean, Lana is and has always been his ticket to finding out Clark's secret. Using her, by making her think he actually loved and had feeling's for her, is Classic, but stupid. If she changed, I could actually ship her and Clark again.

I know Annette isn't returning, but why hasn't there been any mention of her at all. I find that strage, or did I miss that somewhere?

So overall, this season, isn't really starting off great for me.

On a HIGH note, Michael Cassidy, Rock's. I lov him, his spunk and his attitude on the show. He isn't bad on the eye's either and I love his smile and TEETH, gah, they're perfect. If I didn't like Jimmy so much, I'd wan't him and Chloe to hook-up.
"pacey I love you, you know that and it's very real." ~ Joey to Pacey 6x24 (dawson's creek)
***BLONDIE*** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 06:40 AM
Loyal Fan

Can someone explain to me why they had the Editor talking like it was 1930? Did Lois have a lot of Moxie? Is he going to take her out later for a malted and then to see one of those new talking picture shows?
Old 10-10-2007, 08:17 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattB2K (View Post)
Kristin is getting older and her face shows the adult beauty coming out !
Couldn't agree more, she's more gorgeous every year.
Quote:
I am huge smallville fan I just haven't remembered to post here on this TV show topic.
Good to see you here again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strider (View Post)
If anything, Laura gave this episode heart, much needed mythology canon with her kryptonian heritage talk to Clark, and the space ship (explosion). SuperGirl is a hard role to play. Unlike Clark, she can't just "act normal", she's not been raised by humans like Clark has. Laura pulled it off quite well. I have to give the writers a lot of credit, they made all her scenes well written, with good comedic timing (jokes like the elevator one).
So far I couldn't be happier with the casting, and how they're writing her.
Quote:
The special effects, really great job. It is after all a TV show on a small network, they don't have a big budget and they do the best job they can.
Agreed.
As much as I bitched about some of the things last week, and fake Shanghai, this week no complaints from me.
Quote:
I'm going to have to go with Lana. That was a rather far stretch of the imagination, this whole cloned story, trying to pin the murder on Lex. Yeah I know it's SV and it's a TV show, but it's gotta be a little grounded in reality. I'm just not a fan of cloning, so you can "cheat death" or set it up, or whatever. It seems like a poor excuse from the writers.
The best thing in that story is that it makes Lex brilliant, because apparently - he managed to clone someone!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barb B (View Post)
At least I knew Lana wouldn't shoot Lex so I give my self some credit!
I'm kinda glad that she wasn't able to do it face to face. Unlike Nemesis when she had no problem with leaving him to die.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcat492002 (View Post)
I don't believe for a second he's been born again or is turning over a new leaf. That thought is highly laughable.
Agreed.
That's why I think he might be playing her.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ***BLONDIE*** (View Post)
Kara came off far too forced for me. Her attitude in the beginning wasn't as nice, as what I was expecting.
But she's supposed to come off like that. She wasn't raised by humans. She may have learned the language thanks to her ship, but it can't teach her manners and customs around here.
That's where Clark will come in.
Quote:
I know Annette isn't returning, but why hasn't there been any mention of her at all. I find that strage, or did I miss that somewhere?
Martha left for Washington in last seasons finale, there was a goodbye scene between her and Clark.