Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 09-26-2007, 08:11 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Yeah I got a new username. I kinda felt it was time.
Ken, don't take this the wrong way, but it's kind of depressing man! I liked "TheKen" a lot better...but hey, as long as you like it that's what counts. We are glad to have you here with us regardless.

We know SV likes to "play it big" for the premiere of each season...I can't wait for tomorrow night! Kara is coming!

Alex

The Dark is generous, and it's patient, and it always wins - but in the heart of it's strength lies weakness; one lone candle is enough to hold it back.
Love is more than a candle.
Love can ignite the stars.
Alexander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 08:36 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks Alex

Maybe I should sport a Kara avater. That seems to be all the rage with SV Mods these days.

kenny | credit
smoothaise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 10:28 PM
Master Fan

Woot Smallville's on very soon for you Americans

BiCaRdiBrEeZa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 06:02 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Have fun watching it, all! Hope to join you later on in discussing it.

I am so looking forward to this season!!!
Emma♥Neal
Ron_Beckett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 11:55 AM
Elite Fan

Only few more hours.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lost soul (View Post)
Maybe I should sport a Kara avater. That seems to be all the rage with SV Mods these days.
Ha yes, we suited up for the occasion.

I love the new username btw.
It reminds me of Spuffy for some reason.
Old 09-27-2007, 04:34 PM
Elite Fan

Yeah, sorry everyone that lives outside of the US...but I'm guessing most of you will be obtaining the episode tomorrow anyways

Ken...join us, won't you? Laura is easy on the eyes

20 minutes left...

The Dark is generous, and it's patient, and it always wins - but in the heart of it's strength lies weakness; one lone candle is enough to hold it back.
Old 09-27-2007, 05:28 PM
Elite Fan

WOOT! watching it right now! Very stressful right off the bat! Tom Welling is looking extra fine to me!
Old 09-27-2007, 05:30 PM
Elite Fan

For those like me who'll have to wait to see the episode, new opening credits can already be find online if you want a peek.
SVFan.com - Jc's Watch List - Smallville - Season 7 Intro
Old 09-27-2007, 05:37 PM
Master Fan

Oh details details!

BiCaRdiBrEeZa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 06:42 PM
Elite Fan

Okay, wow that was a good opener. The Chlark stuff was great and I love how they used Kelly Clarkson's "Sober" as the ending montage song.

Supergirl is hot, lol.

Lana in a blonde wig? There are no words.
Old 09-27-2007, 06:54 PM
Master Fan

The best part was the closing montage, mostly because of KK's reappearance.
shiftmyshape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 06:55 PM
Extreme Fan

just finished watching the episode, very good though i wish i had rewatched last seasons fanally, there was a lot of things i forgot. this episode was a lot last season's promere. where the story from the season before could/ should have been two episodes, instead of one.

anyhow loved all the chlark moments, and the season at the end with clark, chloe and lois very funny.

i am looking forward to next episode and hope it will be a great season.
Old 09-27-2007, 07:59 PM
Elite Fan

I would have to say...Cris, you are like a blood hound when it comes to Smallville web material! How did you manage to find the link to the opening credits so fast Nevermind. great job as usual. I don't put anything as far as order of apperance in the credits...does it really matter? I don't think the cast cares one bit personally. Obviously, Laura is there now and her addition is really a welcomed one. No Annie O'Toole...it's still weird when I see them without her pic/name. I guess it'll take a few episodes to get used to it.

Special guess star Phil Morris did a good job tonight, I wish they would have given him more than what they gave him, esp. when Clark confronted Bizarro at the end. How cool would it have been to have Martian Manhunter show up and help out in a fight? Maybe its' the fanboy inside me...I want some JLA!

The more I think about it, it wasn't that great of an episode. Was it spectacular as far as "scale" and special effects, sure. Did it have a good guest star, yes. It just felt like too much, too fast and not enough time. I wish they would have done an "extended" premiere, or just split it up in 2 episodes. They could have done more dialogue, more explaining of events and definitely not done the bad editing job that I felt they did. To me, this was one of the worst edited episodes, looking at how scenes were cut and intercut and used, felt very choppy and out of flow.

Now the story, it was a good story. Brian and Kelly did well, or had a good intention at least.

First, Clark confronting Bizarro, in more than just a physical way, but it made him think about himself in a way we need to have Clark think. Who is Clark Kent and is he ready to fulfill his destiny? How will the apperance of Kara affect that. The morality and lesson learned from having to fight Bizarro.

BTW, that was an extremely hard thing to do for TW. Think about all the work, he was basically in every scene!

Chloe's power, empathy? Whatever it ends up being called, they definitely set that up nicely and with intrigue. I like the aspect of Chloe not wanting to "jump up and down" and talk about it with Clark. Will Lois find out? Will Chloe be willing to share this secret with anyone aside from Clark? A lot they can do here.

On a sidenote, I felt that AM had the strongest acting performance ouf of the entire cast in this episode. Her scenes had an emptional connection and punch, and she really connected with the audience. When Chloe cries you know it's genuine. AM is probably the most under rated actress on the CW. Maybe after SV she gets a bigger role in another TV show.

Clark saving Chloe from the morgue was a really sweet scene, removing her tag and her telling him to turn around

Hmm and what was Lois doing at the mantion? How did she get in, and what was she really looking for? Where did she go after that for the rest of the episode, which I had a hard time keeping up with "how many hours" passed between the events from the start till the end. I gathered it was one day, but it just felt like really bad writting in that particular part of the story. Normally something Brian & Kelly don't do.

Before I forget, I really thought the special effects were very good. When Clark saved the fisherman and his little boy, that was definitely a "superman" moment. Kara flying was also done well, I know a 10 sec. teaser where they showed her taking off looked lame, but what I actually saw in the episode looked pretty darn good to me.

Why did she save Lex and how will that change Lex's life, definitely a question they will explore in S7 as it moves along. What is this new "purpose" that Lex thinks he has, and what must he do? Is he still in love with Lana? I honestly hope not. Move on. Become the bada** that you are meant to be. Lana only slows down the plot there.

MB is alive, and I think Martian Manhunter saved him. Lex thinks he's dead or missing. It'll be interesting how he shows up and what he does to help Lex.

Last...Lana in China. OK then. Good luck explaining that away in a realistic way SV writers.

Overall, I felt the acting was strong, the dialogue was OK and the direction of S7 is great. I mean they set up a lot of good material, just the editing and this maybe the first time I didn't like the soundtrack.

Some plot holes by Brian & Kelly in the script, but I'm not going to nitpick at them. Just chalk them up to the usual "way" they write SV now. Who needs reasons or logic! It's Smallville!

I give "bizarro" a not so bizarre 3 out of 5!

Alex

Old 09-27-2007, 08:03 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Really great episode. I loved everything related to Chloe (and Clark) and the use of Kelly Clarkson's song "Sober" at the end was absolutely perfect.
DanceWithLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 09:09 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Emma Watson
Nancy Drew

Quote:
the use of Kelly Clarkson's song "Sober" at the end was absolutely perfect.
It was BEAUTIFULLY used. I couldn't get over it because I never pictured a KC song on Smallville...but it was one of the best codas ever on any show I've ever seen.

I really enjoyed the premiere, the Chloe/Clark stuff, and Lois just being Lois. I can't wait to see how Kara shakes things up next week.