Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-18-2007, 03:31 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soop 4-evah (View Post)
The dropping tear was a little bit cheesy hehe
That it was.
But I screamed happily "they are not green!!" (as spoilers suggested they would be).
Quote:
Lionel: I don't know what to think about this guy.
Seriously!
He claims he's protecting Clark.
But he doesn't want him to kill Lex and is there with green kryptonite.
Yet it doesn't stop him from mocking and teasing Lex all the time.
Oy!
Quote:
Don't know what to tell, I love Clark, Clark loves me

We love Clark. Especially when he comes in multiple copies (even though one is a bit bizarre )!
Quote:
But so was this whole season, it had so many blood this season
I know!
And what was with all the gut fascination in this episode.
Old 05-18-2007, 04:00 PM
Banned

I don't think that Chloe healed Lois. I think that part of Chloe's soul went into Lois and gave breath to this new person. Before Lois was on the show many believed that Chloe was Lois. That she and Clark are the two people meant to be together. We know that Chloe will always be in love with Clark. Lois hasn't shown much interest. Not to say that she couldn't because she is supposed to love Superman before Clark. However, if this merge did happen and Lois and Chloe are now one person,... we might be seeing Lois express some feelings for Clark next season.

Lionel went to stop Clark not really because of Lex. I'm sure that was a factor but a small one. Lionel didn't want Clark to lose himself. To kill a human being, to really cross that line. Clark would lose part of himself and perhaps even start to think of himself as some kind of God. He would become the very thing that he is fighting now... Bizarro.
Subject is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 04:38 PM
Elite Fan

That's a bit scary theory Michael.
Someone actually suggested similar thing on Spoilers Thread, and I freaked out there too.
I just really don't want to see that happen.
I love SVLois just the way she is. And Chloe is great all on her own. I do not want them to mess that up. Especially not as a way to try and make both fan bases happy - it would be way too much fence sitting for my taste.

I do hope Chloe comes back. Why turn her into meteor mutant just to kill her off right away? Plus, what kind of power is that if you get to use it only once?

You make really good arguments about Lionel.
I was hoping we'd get more answers about him in the finale, but I guess it wasn't meant to be.

There is an interesting backstory which isn't exactly (show's) canon, but is still related, and it helps explain Lionel's actions a bit.
CW website is advertising games on their site, and they contain some backstory.
According to that info Virgil Swann, Genevieve Teague, Robert Queen, and Lionel Luthor came together, before the original meteor shower, to deal with the discovery of alien technology/artifacts on Earth, heralding an upcoming invasion by General Zod. While the team worked for many years on the issue, setting up programs to develop a human army to repel the threat, Luthor and Teague went “rogue”. The genesis of nearly every aspect of LuthorCorp’s ongoing attempt to study “meteor freaks” and alter humanity, right up to the current Project 33.1/Ares, is a product of that original mandate.
(short recap by entil2001 @ LJ)

It sounds interesting, if they really think this went on, it's a shame they didn't include it on the show, it would explain a lot.
Old 05-18-2007, 05:14 PM
Part-Time Fan

I thought the same thing about Lionel. He didn't want Clark to do something he'd regret the rest of his life or think of himself as evil because of it.

Wow, that's some theory about Chloe and Lois, Michael, I do hope Chloe comes back, though. She's a great sidekick for Clark.

Won't Martha be back at all next season??
Barb B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 08:01 PM
New Fan

yea i'm confused with the death thing...

i thought they would make it more obvious.. you know acutlaly no one could die. the writers probably just wanted to attract us to watching the show.

and really Lana's death was really sudden. it didnt seem like a real death.
btw who put the bomb?
Old 05-18-2007, 08:09 PM
New Fan

I wish I could have watched this one. The sound went out on my channel. I could only get picture I couldn't understand the episode at all. So I didn't bother to try and watch.

I did see a few key scenes. I don't think that Lana is really dead. I think they faked it somehow. So she can come back later like maybe when the show finally ends. And I think that when Chloe uses her power that maybe it weakens her for awhile but she's fine after that. I also am not a fan of Lana finding out about Clark. Just her past responses to people with abilities really makes me think that it would have taken more time for her to accept Clark's power. Especially since it was kind of his fault(not intentionally) that Lana's parents died. It was just to fast for me. Plus I liked the fact that only Chloe knew. So I will just have to wait till the 27th when they air it again. Hopefully with sound.
debbie05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2007, 05:14 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barb B (View Post)
Won't Martha be back at all next season??
Unfortunately, Annette O'Toole is not mentioned in official season 7 write up.
But Martha could still guest star.

It will be strange having Clark without parent figure on the show.
Quote:
Originally Posted by anniefung (View Post)
and really Lana's death was really sudden. it didnt seem like a real death.
btw who put the bomb?
I'm voting Lana herself.
She wanted to leave Lex, but knew he wouldn't let her go. She needed an 'out'.

Maybe someone helped her? Chloe? Ollie?

Debbie I hope you'll get to see it properly on rerun.

I'm also hoping it will only take Chloe some time to recover.

And seriously, everyone knows about Clark at this point. Chloe knows. Lana knows. Lionel knows. Lex knows that he's somehow different, but not the whole story. Martha is now gone or else she'd be another person who knows.
The only clueless one is Lois.
And Jimmy.
Old 05-19-2007, 09:37 AM
Elite Fan

I think when you re-watch Lana's death scene you will notice the ice cream truck passing Lana's car a few seconds before it went boom, Lionel noticed it, then ran to Lana and called out to her (he knew what was coming.) I am not saying he did it btw, just a thing I noticed. Also, Lana is definitely dead. when you re-watch her death scene you will notice that her body is in the front left car seat, it was engulfed in flames, but you can clearly see the front 2 car seats and a body propped up, then a second later, it leaned forward, dead and in flames. It was Lana, she is gone. I also hope Chloe is dead that would be good closure and to bring an end to that non-pivotal extra character to the lore of Superman. If Lion- él is also dead, that would also be closure and brings Smallville one step closer still to being close to the real lore of Superman. Having Lana dead is yet another step. I hated every scene she shared with Lex this season, except for the one where she stormed out on him after he hit her.
Camibra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2007, 12:18 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Crichton (View Post)
Also, Lana is definitely dead. when you re-watch her death scene you will notice that her body is in the front left car seat, it was engulfed in flames, but you can clearly see the front 2 car seats and a body propped up, then a second later, it leaned forward, dead and in flames.
I just capped that scene. You might be right, it does look like something is falling.
Here are links if anyone's interested:
cap 1
cap 2
cap 3
Old 05-19-2007, 03:06 PM
Part-Time Fan

I think everyone is reading way too much into what was shown on TV. As you may remember, at the end of another season, it sure looked like Chloe was dead but, as it turned out, she and her Dad escaped DOWN when the house blew up. Also as lots of people have mentioned, the writers can do whatever they want!! Doesn't really matter what we think we see or don't see. I don't mean to burst anyone's bubble of hope. I also have a theory that Lionel gave Lana the hormones so she thought she was pregnant and would marry Lex to help him find out about that super army of Lex's to help Clark.
I'm done now.
Old 05-19-2007, 03:57 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike it up (View Post)
I just capped that scene. You might be right, it does look like something is falling.
Here are links if anyone's interested:
Thanks for posting the caps, to back you your theories. I had noticed that, as well. That's part of the reason, why I was so adamant that what people had thought intially was a set-up for a fake death, might not have been that at all. It just didn't make sense to me, storyline wise, ya know.

Do you mind, if I post the caps over in my journal for further speculation on my theory that she really is *actually* dead. I promise you, that I will give you credit for your caps with a link back to your journal.

Quote:
Also, Lana is definitely dead. when you re-watch her death scene you will notice that her body is in the front left car seat, it was engulfed in flames, but you can clearly see the front 2 car seats and a body propped up, then a second later, it leaned forward, dead and in flames.

Phew! So, I'm not the only one who noticed that, when I re-watched the clip of it. I had thought that the first time that I had seen it, but I wasn't exactly sure. So, I replayed the clip of that scene back to me and I noticed it. Glad to see somebody else pointing it out. I just wasn't willing to believe that she wasn't dead and it was a set-up.

And I'm not a Chlark shipper, so if I have to see Clark with anyone next season then I'd like to see Lois developing some feelings for her. And I really don't ED!Lois at all, so that's saying a lot on my part.

Also, Barb_B, I honestly don't think that anyone here in this thread or myself, is reading too much into what was shown in the finale. I honestly, think that we're just discussing our various different thoughts and opinions on it.

I will surely break as I'm leaving the one I want to take.

Last edited by xjoyusx; 05-19-2007 at 04:02 PM
xjoyusx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2007, 04:42 PM
Elite Fan

"Phantom" Episode Review

I'm a bit behind, coming back from vacation and all, but here are my thoughts on the episode.

First, cudoes to SV for doing a good 90 seconds summary, at least to "remind" the casual viewers about what has been happening on the show during the latter part of S6.

The opening scene was brilliant. Johns in action, hunting down the last phantom. The priest added a nice touch, sort of like an "exorcism". Of course, good job...the dialogue was in french...Quebec is after all in Canada and do speak their french there. So many times you see a TV show where everyone speaks perfect english no matter where they are, SV writers/director, I applaud you for remembering the french in that scene. Martian Manhunter's eyes reminded me of the T101 model from the "Terminator Trilogy" The change in the phantom, tearing out a piece of Johns was definitely creepy and unexpected. As we know, Martian Manhunter can heal himself as he raises above Earth's atmosphere. Enter Lex's hired guns, coming through the windows and all. Good job by SV's stunt team. Often they go uncredited for their work by the fans, so today I want to say "thank you" for your hard work. You make the show even better with stunts that look real and keeping everyone on your staff as safe as possible.

Now Lex storming through the door with the hired guns, is that stupid or what? Why would he need to be there? The Phantom technically could have "possesed him" next, instead of running "away". Really neat special effect with it escaping the man's body through the roof much like Martian Manhunter did earlier himself. The blood on Lex's shirt was a cool little "extra bonus" to the great opening scene. Mostly, I just question why Lex had to be there, risking his life like that? Well alright, I'm not going to nitpick the finale as much as I should, b/c after all, it is TV and it is for entertainment only

Que in pretty opening credits...and Remy Zero...much like "The Rembrants" their legacy will be defined for having a hit song that was the opening title sequence for a successful TV show. Not a bad way to be remembered

Lex/Lionel scene at the mantion: Good thing to start us off with, Lex's comments about "Lionel being one step ahead of him since his wedding" were right on. Of course Lionel is later on exposed
Lion-El explaining away the buzzare character turn around. Good call for the fans who suspected this a while back. Very observant We learn that Lex saw Lana "getting the DVD footage of the last phantom" and he wisely connects the dots to his father. Lana working for Lion-El, for the good of Clark as we learn later on. Only on SV! Lex thinks that Lana still "loves him" or at least that's what the script says...Lion-El comes clean about what he did, the intensity of that scene picked up a lot there, both actors did a fine job. Lex proclaims that Lion-El should get out of his life and that his debts are "even", but as we've come to expect, Lion-El is a cat with 9 lives, and it's not going to be easy to get rid of him.

Martha/Clark scene at the Kent home. Martha looking at the photograph of young Clark with Johnathan...well he maybe dead but he's not forgotten. Good suddle reminder that having Johnathan taken away like that has effect both of their lives in such a profound way. Clark has been forced to grow up faster and take responsibility for his actions, which he does a lot of lately and Martha is on her way to Washington DC to represent Kansas as one of the two state senators, after the death of the previous state senator in the last episode before "Phantom". Good continuty of that storyline, they are giving Martha "something" to do. Hopefully, her new position will yield some stories next season, or will they just "mention" it from time to time and waste another opportunity. Having Martha away now, gives Clark a reason to stay behind and "live in SV". Otherwise, it'll be way too convinient to move Clark into a dorm at MetU and have the following formula:

Clark, Lois, Chloe and Jimmy in Metropolois, Lex there too with LexCorp, Lionel in the background and you can eliminate SV all together. Problems is, you can't call the show SV anymore Yeah, kind of a big one. Therefore forcing the staff to come up with a really good reason why they just "don't do that", by having Clark "in charge" of the farm, so it'll still be SV for at least another season.

Back to the scene...Martha and Clark have a feel good moment and a hug, some good acting by Annette O'Toole, and it's her last and only scene in the show. We are 10 minutes in, and you're thinking, will something happen to Martha's plane on the way to DC? No, they did the "plane" thing already a year ago!

Lois and Chloe at the Talon, hmm, for someone who lives at MetU dorm, Chloe does sure visit the Talon's upstairs apartment a whole lot. Lois is doing her investigative reporting...and yes, we are bound to see more of it next season. Lois is trying to figure out what the numbers Wes was repeating before he died meant. Good continuity again, from last episode to this one. Lois is upset about Wes' death and upon learning that Lex was somehow involved is going after him. Chloe tries to warn Lois, having done that herself several times, which makes Lois tear up the numbers, but hey, a good reporter thinks fast and she quickly determines that they represent coordinates for a location, a location that may provide answers to her questions about what really happened to Wes.

Cut to a short scene at the secret lab located at the dam. Cudoes to SV for finding such a great location for a secret LuthorCorp lab. Looks creepy and dangerous, which is what you want in this case. They bring in another body infront of Lex, and confirm that the blood has no alien peptides after the "carrier" leaves the "host". We learn that the phantom can only survive 24hrs in a person's body and moves on to another. Lex demands that his "goons" get to work and hits "play", showing us a bunch of shirtless dudes in medical experiment chairs waiting to be "fueled up" by that phantom infected blood.

Yet another Clana loft scene. Angst...reflected in the music...Lana says she's leaving Lex. Clark isn't sorry about it and that is not surprising, since he's been crushing on her since...3rd grade! Personally, I'd love for this to be the last, very last Clana loft scene on SV. God knows we've had enough of that. Lana tells Clark that Lex will be "very angry" when she tells him she's leaving, well duh, what did you think? Plus, did she sign a prenupt. agreement? If so, she gets nothing, or very little, if she didn't, that means she gets half of LuthorCorp! More of a reason for Lex to go after Lana and make sure she never tries to take him on in any legal battle. Clark declares that he'll protect Lana from "anything". Lana tells him that she'll always "love him"...more angst music, Clark superspeeds infront of Lana and tells her he will tell her the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth! But Lana...you can't handle the truth! OK, maybe she can. Clark gives her the brief version, about Krypton and his parents, telling her that there is no reason now for the two of them to be apart. One last Clana kiss...and he'll still be the same "Clark Kent" to her. Lana tells him she knows Clark's weakness. Clark realizes it has to be Lionel that made Lana go through her wedding day and marry Lex. He appears "slightly upset"...

Lionel on the phone, congratulating Martha. One may think he pulled some strings to get her elected or whatever the process was for Martha to step up and serve the remaining term of the formerly deceased Kansas state senator. Will Lionel be calling next season, trying to cash in some long overdue favors? It's possible, given the history between the two that Lionel will try it, even without Martha's full knowledge to somehow use her being a senator to his advantage.
Clark shows up and slams poor old Lionel against the wall. Lionel takes a bit of a beating before he realizes it's time to tell the truth about Lex and the last phantom/wraith left. Having Lana marry Lex and work on the "inside" providing him with information to eventually safe guard Clark was the only way for Lion-El to help Clark in the long run. Enter Martian Manhunter in the last possible second to stop Clark's fist from going through Lion-El's head. Johns says that Lion-El is an "emissary of Jor-El" and has been for some time now.

Lex receives a msg at the mantion that "the phantom" has been captured and is now on route to his secret base. Before Lex can leave, Lana storms in and drops the "bomb". She's leaving him. Oh and for the record, if you are in a relationship and one person says "Look, I think we need to talk"...best prepare yourself for some bad news Lana tells him she can't live like this anymore, I guess, but living as Lex's wife can't be as bad she's making it out to be...infact, it could be quite great if you loved the man in the first place. Again, with the "no more secrets and no more lies" in this scene, each one accusing the other of being a fake/liar. Infact, both lied. I see Lex's point of view...and who really was behind the "fake pregnancy"? Was it him or was it Lion-El? I'm more inclined to say that Lex was of Lana's accusations and that Lana wasn't so innocent but they were in the end both manipulated by Lion-El. Still, Lex killed Lana's doctor, so he must have known something. At this point, SV really tried to be too clever here. Hope they clear up this issue next year, regarless of wheather Lana is back for S7. Who was behind the fake pregnancy? Lex or Lion-El? Lana tells Lex "not to lie, it's too late for all of that"...the "marriage is over". I think the marriage was over a long time ago, hmm, right about the time you Lana started lusting after Clark again. Did Lana really, ever truly love Lex for Lex? She tells him that the only thing they have is "lies, on top of lies", and what did she have with Clark for years? Was it truly any different when he bf kept things from her, the same way that Lex does? How can she forgive one and not the other? Lex says he did it all for Lana b/c he loves her and boom...Lana tells him he's incapable of "Love". Now that's cold and definitely not true. Wonderful emotion in the scene by both actors, esp. Michael Rosenbaum. Lex closes the door and pretty much sums it up. It's about Clark! Lana proceeds to "rub it on" and says "Clark means more to her than Lex ever will". Now was that really necessary? You just broke a man's heart and now you're just being mean. Lex has had enough and smacks her...and tells her she's not just "walking away", setting up the inevitable Lana Lang "death scene". Lana leaves anyways, why didn't she report his butt for domestic violence? She could have technically had Lex throw in jail, even for a few hrs, it would have given her the chance to escape.

Back at LuthrCorp, a good looking CGI shot btw Lion-El, Clark and Johns talk about what to do. Lion-El explains that he was possesed just as Lex was by Zod. Johns reveales his identity, at least the history with Jor-El. He was basically a "cop for hire", and he was also sent to watch over Clark. Ahh, but where was he all of those "times", they use a cop out answer, like Clark had to "pass the tests given by Jor-El" by himself. A rite of passage. Only when Clark unleashed the very phantoms Martian Manhunter and Jor-El had put away, did Johns resurface to aid Clark. Johns has to leave to heal himself, and Lion-El tells Clark the last phantom isn't ordinary...well of course it is! Where is the fun in that? It's a "kryptonian lab experiment" or what later we will learn to call "Bizzaro" in the Superman Universe. I am so glad that the mythology here is given "new life". They are using it to branch Smallville closer and closer to Lois&Clark, to Superman as we know it.
The phantom is searching for a kryptonian body...

Lois has found the location of Reeves Dam. Clark and Chloe are at the DP looking for clues of the last phantom...and that little moment is all the investigative "reporting" we get in this finale. They find out that the phantom possesed a small child and later that child was "reported kidnapped" and of course, we know it's Lex, b/c he was talking on the phone about it right before his breakup scene with Lana. Moving the plot along, they took about 20 minutes of the episode to set things up. Usually that's the way they've always done the finales b/c basically it's a 2 part episode. The difficult thing for us fans, is having to wait 3 months till we see what happens in part 2!
Clark tells Chloe that he told Lana everything, in return, was it just me or did Chloe act kind of jealous and surprised? I hope so. As much as I want Chloe to move on, I still think that she'll always love Clark. Chloe says that Clark must be on "cloud 9", but there is work to be done. Clark has to stop the last phantom, and Lana has to escape Lex. Lastly, are Clark and Chloe "that naive"...that they both think Clark has a future with Lana. That Lex will just let her walk away, and end up with is "enemy". No, Lex would rather have Lana killed, than endure the humiliation of Clark and Lana together and happy.

Lois encounters a guard at the secret lab, but where was the top of the line security that Lex usually has? Soldiers with guns, and security cameras? One man left ot guard, at least where Lois was snooping around. Lois does some kung-fu and gets in a fight with the guard, where the guy ends up stabbing her quite bruttaly in the stomach. I was surprised they showed as much blood as they did, but there were some people out there who were no doubt cheering when Lois got stabbed, yes I know...I wasn't one of them, but I'm aware that there is a part of the online fanbase that aren't her biggest fans. Still, we know she isn't going to die, healing powers or no from Chloe, you can't rewrite 50 years of history. Lois manages to dial Chloe's number and falls unconscious.

Lion-El talk to Lana on the phone about helping her escape from Lex and he's practically right there when Lana gets in her jeep and the vehicle explodes.Good work by the SV special effects team to make that explosion look so good. Unfortunately, SV writers wrote themselves a "fail safe", by having a work van drive right by Lana's jeep as it was going to explode. Basically, they could pull a Chloe/Gabe Sullivan from the S3 SV finale, where it appeared like the house exploded, but inside they were lead through a secret tunnel to safety. This is pretty much the same, except this time it's a van that could have lead Lana to safety. Still, I choose to believe she's dead. So long Lana Lang, I won't miss the angst and loft scenes, I won't miss the "no more secrets/no more lies". But enough about that...next we have Lion-El having a drink, Clark comes in, and learns from him that Lana is "gone"...aka "dead". Again, SV will have to do better, provide us with a body, or some evidence of her death, or a confession by a hired "contract killer", anything, something. Just to be sure she's dead. Did Lion-El seem sincere when he told Clark he was "sorry"? Clark superspeeds away to find Lex.

Chloe has traced Lois' phone call from Reeves Dam and arrives to find Lois pretty much dead. Good job by the makeup people, they really took Erica's color away. It only makes sense. You get stabbed the way she did, lose as much blood, and not get medical attention soon, you are pretty much going to be dead in an hour or however long it took Chloe to get to Lois. Wonderful scene for Allison Mack. I've always been a fan of Chloe, and AM and this scene says it all. Her emotions were so sincere, you were pulled right into the tunnel as if you were there in person, great job of shooting both actresses, esp. AM in the close ups. She is very good at these emotional scenes that require sadness and crying. We finally got to see Chloe's power and I called it weeks ago on the spoilers board/sv thread there, that it'll be some sort of a "healing power". I guess "healing tears" is what I'm going with until I hear something else from SV Very neat effects too, as she saves Lois and I'm only guessing "absorbs" the person's injuries in some weird way they can explain in S7, as I'm 100 sure Chloe isn't dead and will be returning to the show. When Al Gough teased fans and said "there even maybe 2 deaths" in the finale, no way are both deaths going to be Lana and Chloe. SV can't afford to lose 2 out of the 3 leading ladies in a single episode. So my instinct says it's only Lana and Chloe will be back. Why else is Aaron Ashmore also being brought back for 13 episodes next year? A big part is to be Chloe's bf on the show. So yes, it's speculation on my part, but I believe Allison isn't going anywhere and will be with SV for at least another year.

LuthorCorp secret lab, Lex and the doctor for hire draw the blood from the phantom...cute kid in the role, at least until he goes all "possesed by the phantom". I liked when Lex said "hope isn't a word in my vocabulary doctor, I need results". That's the Lex Luthor I like the most. Ruthless and cunning. Just about the time the Phantom kills the doctor and Lex in true fashion lets him die by escaping and leaving them in the lab. The phantom is really smart, b/c it knows the door is thumb print coded and uses the dead doctor's thumb to get it to open and escapes. Yeah, that kid looks creepy now. Lion-El is on the way to the secret lab and has kryptonite/green there with him. Clark beats him to the punch and goes in, runs into Lex. Clark and Lex talk about Lana's death and Lex acts like he doesn't know anything. So who did it? Lex? Lion-El? A third party we aren't aware of? That Clex scene was only a minute long, but it was one of the best in the episode. Tom Welling was terrific in it, so was the 'baum.

Enter phantom, in a God awuful voice declaring his "hunt" for a kryptonian body over, and Lex is standing right there, well for a second anyways, he does the smart thing right after and runs away leaving Clark to face the phantom. The phantom leaves the child and runs into Clark, pushes him through a section of the dam wall and somehow, an old pal, bizzaro shows up. No, this isn't like "red K" Clark, b/c in all actuality, bizzaro is a "monster", or what Clark would have been, if he wasn't raised by Johnathan and Martha. Bizzaro is a phantom with Clark'd DNA. Meanwhile, Lex tries to escape and is surrounded by SV's finnest who arrest him for the murder of...Lana Luthor. Lex proclaims his innocence. This will be one of the biggest questions for the fans to ponder, who ordered the hit on Lana? Clark and Bizzaro fight some more, destroying a part of the dam, making it unstable. Lois tries to get Chloe out, will she succeed is yet another thing we have to wonder, well we are pretty sure she does get herself and Chloe out, but what and how will Chloe "come back to life" is another matter. More speculation on Chloe in the spoiler/thread on the spoilers board
Clark throws Bizzaro through a wall, and right infront of Lion-El. I like how he refers to Clark as "son". Everytime I hear that I think of Jor-El, he'd call Kal-El "my son" all the time. See, we should have noticed that way earlier this season. Lion-El turns around and puts the green kryptonite against Bizzaro's chest, instead of falling down "sick", he appears supercharged and knocks Lion-El down, leaving him for dead in the crumbling dam, with water rising, he's trapped under a metal pipe of some sort. Another question, will Lion-El surivive? Is he going to be Lion-El if and when he survives, or will he seize to be in a result of the the "flash/explosion" by the contact with the phantom/green kryptonite?

Clark asks his "evil twin" what the hell is he and the answer is a great one..."I'm you, only more bizzare". Great little line there, giving us the answer, yes that phantom is going to be and is Clark's "evil copy of himself"- Bizzaro. Each superspeeds toward the other and some awesome effects by SV...each one comes ouf of the dam on opposite ends, further damaging the structure.
Bizzaro appears to be able to fly and yes, finally the "fractured face lines" that we all associate from the comics with Bizzaro appear. The end...at least for part 1. Part 2 in 3 months

This finale leaves us with a lot of questions, but I can say, that there are at least 2 others that are better, but of course, with always trying to top yourself as a show, there will be some better than others. Overall a solid finish, could have been better, esp. without the "moving van escape" option for Lana's future on the show. I give Phantom 3 out of 5

Alex

The Dark is generous, and it's patient, and it always wins - but in the heart of it's strength lies weakness; one lone candle is enough to hold it back.
Love is more than a candle.
Love can ignite the stars.
Alexander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2007, 06:27 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Also, Barb_B, I honestly don't think that anyone here in this thread or myself, is reading too much into what was shown in the finale. I honestly, think that we're just discussing our various different thoughts and opinions on it.
I just meant the blowing up of Lana's car. I don't think they intended us to be able or try to see anything or anyone in the car. That's all. I'm sorry. I didn't mean anything by that.
Old 05-19-2007, 06:49 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barb B (View Post)
I just meant the blowing up of Lana's car. I don't think they intended us to be able or try to see anything or anyone in the car. That's all. I'm sorry. I didn't mean anything by that.
Maybe they did or maybe they didn't intend to make it look as if we could or would be able to see anything/anyone in the SUV, but when you do a massive zoom in on it - I can clearly make out what looks to *me* something resembling a body. I can see a head and an arm.

Maybe she didn't die and she faked her death. Maybe she *did* die. We won't know until next season, anyway. Either that or whenever spoilers arise. All I was saying was that I think she did die and until shown otherwise, I'll continue to believe so.

Sorry, if I made you feel bad. Wasn't trying, though.

I will surely break as I'm leaving the one I want to take.
xjoyusx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2007, 07:38 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Sorry, if I made you feel bad. Wasn't trying, though.
Thanks for that -I thought I was making you feel bad. Anyway, I agree, you could be right - I just hope that you're not. I'm such a Clana fan
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top