Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-16-2007, 03:34 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm surprised people liked this episode. I was actually bored with it. It was kind of high and dry for me.

Some points that I do give is:
-Nell coming back
-Lionel threating to kill Clark if Lana didn't marry Lex
-Lana protecting Clark for a change

Other than that I was bored. Heck, Lex even killing the guy was dull.

It's my theory that the reason Lionel threatened to kill Clark is because if Lana didn't marry Lex, she would just be stopping Clark from reaching his destiny.

I give this episode a 4 out of 10.
Emma♥Neal
Ron_Beckett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 03:37 PM
Dedicated Fan

oh man everyone is raving about this episode...I cant get my hands on it and im dying to see it...the joys of living on the other side of the world i guess..hopefullyl i can find it soon.

Last edited by Gypsysue; 03-16-2007 at 04:01 PM
Gypsysue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 04:28 PM
Part-Time Fan

anyone have any thoughts on the difference in dialogue between the two scenes with Chloe and Clark in the wine cellar?

1st scene: Letting Lana go was the hardest thing I ever had to do Chloe, If you don't know that, then you don't know me as well as I thought you did.

2nd scene: Giving up Lana is the hardest thing I've ever had to do in my life, if you don't know that, you don't know me very well.
Old 03-16-2007, 04:39 PM
Part-Time Fan

Hi Everyone! I'm new to this board; I have been spending all my time on Tom Welling's board. I'm a big fan of his, not just because he's stunning, but I also think he's a great actor.

Anyway, I also liked this epp. but, since I'm a Clana fan, it made me very sad. I also have a very out there theory - what if there is no baby??? What if Lex and the now deceased doctor have been able to make Lana think she is pregnant??!! That way she would marry Lex and make his life happy. Just a thought.

I really wonder what Lionel wants from Lex that would cause him to threaten Lana. I was also thinking he might still be Gor-El and want Clark to go back to his studies and his future.

Everyone have a great weekend!!
Barb B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 04:42 PM
Elite Fan

Well this episode was...mockable.
Seriously Smallville, you've never went that over the top with soap opera! Passions would be proud!

I'll be back with more reactions later.

Welcome to all the new posters!

Barb so good to see you here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozilline (View Post)
anyone have any thoughts on the difference in dialogue between the two scenes with Chloe and Clark in the wine cellar?

1st scene: Letting Lana go was the hardest thing I ever had to do Chloe, If you don't know that, then you don't know me as well as I thought you did.

2nd scene: Giving up Lana is the hardest thing I've ever had to do in my life, if you don't know that, you don't know me very well.
I think it's because they probably did that scene a whole bunch of times to shot it from different angles, so the actors might have changes the lines a tiny bit.
Old 03-16-2007, 05:02 PM
Elite Fan

this episode annoyed me on so many levels. since when did Martha and Chloe became Clana cheerleaders? and Lana, i have nothing to say about her. this episode speaks for itself about what kind of person she really is.
Sark and Draco Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 05:31 PM
Part-Time Fan

I'm so sad I didn't get to see the episode. It seems like it's a good one too. Does anyone know where I can see it? I know that itunes doesn't have it. Anywhere else I can check or am I stuck waiting for repeats?
Old 03-16-2007, 10:04 PM
Fan Forum Star

Tonight's episode of Smallville had me thinking of Moulin Rouge.
Lana chose the Duke over the penniless superhero b/c the Duke's father threatened to kill Clark.
I couldn't help but act out a Moulin Rouge scene when Clark came to Lana after the wedding

"I'm staying with Duke."
"What are you saying? What about last night?"
"The truth is I am the hindi corteasan and I chose the Marajiaha. That's how the story really ends"

anyway, Lana is no Satine.

very cleaver of her to lock in Chloe.
My jaw hit the floor.

could she at least fake a smile for the wedding pics?

Martha's speech about Johnathan made me teary eyed.
Old 03-17-2007, 07:36 AM
Elite Fan

This episode was both "great at times"...and at other times...I'm with Cris...I was shacking my head and rolling my eyes...as why the writers would go "that route" with Lex/Lana/Clark. For the love of "elevation" as they say on ESPN sportscenter...let it go...apparently that's too much for some people to grasp.

I'll be back when I'm not as "amped up" and "emotionally clouded by the writting" that I saw.

Alex

The Dark is generous, and it's patient, and it always wins - but in the heart of it's strength lies weakness; one lone candle is enough to hold it back.
Love is more than a candle.
Love can ignite the stars.
Alexander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007, 08:02 AM
Dedicated Fan

Boring episode, only bright spot was Lionel. We need to see more of him, he's always entertaining.
youandme1105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007, 10:30 AM
New Fan

i thought this ep was great. esp the acting.

I thought they would've made lana not marry lex. But iwas so sad when she siad 'I do" and Clark, i've never seen tom act so well as clark and never seen clark so hardbroken before.

Lionel annoys me. I'm sure he wants soemthing cuz he said that "You know when its time for me to collect" after lex says " you can luthercorp blah blah"

and Lionel also said " Lex, lana has made a desperate man of you", so I'm really confused if he acutally wants lex and lana together because it makes lex happy or if he has other selfish reasons.
Old 03-17-2007, 01:15 PM
Elite Fan

i am BEYOND frustrated right now...

oh Lana, you were going to leave a note, A NOTE, to Lex so that you can run away with Clark. what a coward! and did she and Clark forget that she's carrying Lex's baby?! selfish, the both of them. Lex gave her all the time in the world for her to accept his proposal and NOW she decides to leave Lex because she finally finds about Clark's little secret. i thought she loved him. pathetic. what happened to late Season 5, early Season 6 Lana? where did you go?

and Clark, you decide to tell her your secret NOW? on her wedding day? who the hell are you? it's hard to believe that this BOY will sport the red cape. are we suppose to feel sorry for you and Lana? think again, Romeo. and wtf was up with Clark's dream? Superman dreams about murder... very SUPER of you!

Martha and Chloe pulled a 180 on us. "marrying a monster"? he, too, saved your life a couple of times, sweetheart. "leave her alone" remember that, Martha? i fumed when she compared her relationship with Jonathan with Clark and Lana's relationship. Jonathan must be rolling in his grave.

Lionel b**** slapping Lex, i loved it. c'mon man, learn how to kill properly. amazing how it's Lex i'm feeling bad for right now, when the writers were aiming for us to feel sorry for Clark and Lana. good job, indeed. Lex looked so happy, Lana looked pitiful, at the altar, my heart went out to him. slap in the face for us, Lex/Lana fans.

and that look Lex gave to Clark when he was about to enter the limo with Mrs. Luthor, priceless. welcome to the family, indeed Lana.

with this show, you would think that Lana Lang, oh excuse me, Lana Luthor is the love of Clark Kent's life.
Sark and Draco Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007, 01:31 PM
Elite Fan

It's been a day, I rewatched and I still don't have much positive to say about this episode.

Clark practising his proposal on Shelby - best part!!

What was with the cheesy old horrors movie music during crypt murder scene? I half expected Bela Lugosi to walk in.

Jess, I couldn't agree more about the reasons why this episode made Lana and Clark look bad.
And Martha and Chloe a bit and acting OOC.

Seriously Lana, did you think to ask for proof that Lionel knows Clark's secret?

Lex ended up looking pathetic, Lionel owns him and he thanked him. *head desk*

The only one who looked good in this episode was Lionel.
So kudos and welcome back Magnificent Bastard. I missed you!

Also, Nell was in the episode. How random.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BehrItAll (View Post)
Tonight's episode of Smallville had me thinking of Moulin Rouge.
Lana chose the Duke over the penniless superhero b/c the Duke's father threatened to kill Clark.
Oh good idea!
Quote:
anyway, Lana is no Satine.
Ain't that the truth.
Quote:
very cleaver of her to lock in Chloe.
My jaw hit the floor.
Yeah that was the only part I'll give her credit for, I didn't see it coming and she set it up nicely.
Old 03-17-2007, 08:03 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozilline (View Post)

As I see it, the difference in dialogue was as much the product of the actors *speaking* what they did in the context of each time we saw a scene again, it was being presented from another character's point of view. It wasn't meant to represent any bigger difference than that.
If you've ever retold a story yourself and been able to repeat each and every quote that people said verbatim, then you're something of a wunderkind. What we saw during "Promise" was tantamount to paraphrasing.

Staring as she called my name
Hometown9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007, 09:26 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hometown9 (View Post)
As I see it, the difference in dialogue was as much the product of the actors *speaking* what they did in the context of each time we saw a scene again, it was being presented from another character's point of view. It wasn't meant to represent any bigger difference than that.
If you've ever retold a story yourself and been able to repeat each and every quote that people said verbatim, then you're something of a wunderkind. What we saw during "Promise" was tantamount to paraphrasing.

I think that is an excellent point and I hadn't thought of that. By jove I think you've got it
Barb B is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread