Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 12-05-2006, 09:12 AM
Elite Fan

Smallville 6x09 “Subterranean” Episode Discussion

The CW has released the description of the 9th episode of "Smallville".

Titled "Subterranean", this episode is scheduled to air on Thursday, December 7th at 8pm.

THE ULTIMATE IMMIGRANT - Clark (Tom Welling) is shocked to discover his neighbor Jed McNally (guest star John Novak) is holding migrant laborers captive and forcing them to work on his farm. Feeling guilty since he sees himself as the ultimate illegal immigrant, Clark seeks help from Martha (Annette O'Toole) to allow a young boy (guest star Tyler Posey) and his mother (Maria Dimou) to stay in the country.

Kristin Kreuk, Michael Rosenbaum, Erica Durance, Allison Mack and John Glover also star.

Written by: Caroline Dries

Directed by: Rick Rosenthal.

The CW has also released an online video trailer for this episode, it's available to view at their web site.

TV Guide has released the following description:

An illegal immigrant from the nearby McNally farm seeks help from Clark, who soon discovers a sinister secret buried in the farm's cornfield, which had been bombarded during the last meteor shower.

This is the last new episode before Smallville goes into the winter break Spread the word, some people expect a repeat and aren't aware that it's a new episode...thanks for the great scheduling CW!

Alex

The Dark is generous, and it's patient, and it always wins - but in the heart of it's strength lies weakness; one lone candle is enough to hold it back.
Love is more than a candle.
Love can ignite the stars.
Alexander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 11:42 AM
Loyal Fan

Finally a new episode! Glad to see that Erica Durance is back as well.

Lois: (to Clark) Lana's your past, I'm your future.
*~World on Fire~* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 05:25 PM
Elite Fan

Yes, a brand new episode Spread the word

The Dark is generous, and it's patient, and it always wins - but in the heart of it's strength lies weakness; one lone candle is enough to hold it back.
Love is more than a candle.
Love can ignite the stars.
Alexander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 05:36 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks for the thread Alex.

Hm, judging by the episode description it won't be the most fun episode this year.
Old 12-06-2006, 06:53 PM
Loyal Fan

I watched the trailer on the CW website because I was skeptical about the episode as well, but it was pretty intense. I think it might actually be a pretty good episode.

Old 12-07-2006, 03:23 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by *~World on Fire~* (View Post)
Finally a new episode! Glad to see that Erica Durance is back as well.
I'm pretty sure Erica's not in this one.
gogeta1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 06:32 AM
Addicted Fan

Tonigh'ts ep was meh. I was more excited about the "Justice" preview at the end of the episode than I was during this whole ep.
Old 12-08-2006, 07:26 AM
Loyal Fan

Yeah the ep was sort mediocre but there were some cool moments.

Jimmy was hilarious in this ep. I think that he is looking for some acceptance from Clark because of Clark's history with Chloe. I think Clark is still getting to know him. Someday the two will be good friends.

Clark is really starting to find his niche in helping others. It is cool to see him accept who he is and what he can do and use it to help those who cannot help themselves. I think Tom is doing an excellent job this season.

All I have to say is Lana must be some special kind of idiot if she cannot see that her trip to Amsterdam was just an excuse to get her out of town so Lex could do his dirty work. How much longer can she continue to ignore what is going on right in front of her face?

The previews for the coming eps were really the highlight of the night. All I can say is, if the previews are any indication of how good Justice will be than I say that ep. will definitely kick some @ss. I can't wait to see it.

Matt Goss' New album Coming Soon

Everything Is Numb3rs
Wildcat492002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 07:39 AM
Fan Forum Legend

The highlight of the ep for me was the kickass ending with Lex walking down that corridor to AFI's Prelude 12/21 playing...that was so him bringing sexyback hot!

And, the preview, inlcuding all the Clois and Justice League stuff...omg, I can't wait!
goodbreakingbad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 04:22 PM
Elite Fan

I read so many bad comments about this episode, I was expecting it to suck a lot.

But I kinda liked it.
It's not a too good episode, but it had it's moments.
Main storyline was a bit on the lame side.
But I think this episode did a great job in showing us how different Clark and Lex are. Clark was being all helpful and heroic, and honest in his attempts to help. While Lex was manipulating everyone right and left , making threats and so on. And the end - Clark being worried because he knows he can't save everyone; and Lex walking by all those hands trying to reach him, asking for help, and ignoring them.
Awesome!

What's up with the kid looking like young Sam Winchester?

I agree that Jimmy was hilarious.
"I'm your bro, not your foe!"

Lana hon. He is laying. And he is manipulating you.
I love how even the fact that he loves her doesn't stop him in his agenda!
And how he looked at her with "WTF??!" look after she suggested they spend the money on doing good. Priceless!

And now - bring on Justice!!
Old 12-09-2006, 10:05 AM
Passionate Fan

Good episode. Just unfortunate that Clark out of personal jealousy continues to ignore what a fine upstanding individual Lex Luthor is. Providing character building labor to new residents of Kansas, housing for the indignent under the LuthorCorp factory, and even free health care for the select few. All the man does is try to give back to the community as well as his stockholders and all Clark can do is complain? Some people are never satisfied.
I'm bored and you're bald. But I laughed when you called me the snail. My trail runs behind me. I'm guilty. No secrets. You're not such a picture yourself
Raja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 11:20 AM
Dedicated Fan

Definitely one of those "Eh" episodes but it did have a few good moments. Jimmy was hilarious tonight, his whole bonding scene with Clark had me laughing. And the end with Lex walking down the hallway was great, especially with that song. Previews have me excited!
youandme1105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 03:23 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by PiCkLeS4dAwSoN (View Post)
The highlight of the ep for me was the kickass ending with Lex walking down that corridor to AFI's Prelude 12/21 playing...that was so him bringing sexyback hot! !
I totally agree, that ending was SEXY! with that song.

The preview looked awesome.
My LJ
AutumnColorsღ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 05:59 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by youandme1105 (View Post)
Definitely one of those "Eh" episodes but it did have a few good moments. Jimmy was hilarious tonight, his whole bonding scene with Clark had me laughing. And the end with Lex walking down the hallway was great, especially with that song. Previews have me excited!
I agree Chimmy was hilarious...the whole premise of their storyline in this ep was amazing...and the end with lex absolutely...can't wait for justice league!!
Old 12-11-2006, 10:50 AM
Loyal Fan

I agree with who ever said that the best part of the episode was the end with the music and Lex walking down that prisonish hallway. But the absolute best part came after the episode in the form of the preview for new episodes of Smallville in January! All I can say is wow.

Reply   Post New Thread