Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 10-24-2006, 12:47 PM
Elite Fan

Smallville 6x05 "Reunion" Episode Discussion

6x05 - "Reunion"
Lex and Oliver attend their 10 year reunion, where the animosity between them is obviously rising as talk of Lex's deceased best friend, Duncan, brings tension. When Oliver's old friends begin to die one by one, he starts an investigation into who is responsible. Oliver gives Clark the satellite images from "Dark Thursday", in exchange for helping him find out who is killing his friends.

  

The Dark is generous, and it's patient, and it always wins - but in the heart of it's strength lies weakness; one lone candle is enough to hold it back.
Love is more than a candle.
Love can ignite the stars.

Last edited by eternalfate; 02-13-2017 at 12:14 AM
Alexander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006, 07:11 PM
Supreme Fan

Sounds interesting. I'm looking forward to seeing more Justin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strider (View Post)
Meanwhile, Clark sees satellite photos that show four other craters were created the day he escaped from the Phantom Zone, causing him to believe that others may have followed him."
Good! Finally. I like the continuity.
"Clark, I know you can run faster than a speeding bullet. Take me along for the ride."
xextremex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 10:51 AM
Elite Fan

Lex-centric episode!!
Those are usually the best.

Four other craters? I guess Gloria was one, so that leaves 3 more phantoms?
Old 10-26-2006, 07:23 PM
Elite Fan

Thoughts? Reactions? What did you all think of "Reunion"?

I was more or less expecting another "Memoria" and yeah, I shouldn't have. It wasn't a bad episode, but certainly not a memorable one. Although, "Reunion" did have it's share of good character moments

Alex

The Dark is generous, and it's patient, and it always wins - but in the heart of it's strength lies weakness; one lone candle is enough to hold it back.
Love is more than a candle.
Love can ignite the stars.
Alexander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 07:44 PM
Passionate Fan

A Lex-centric episode is always good and this one exploring more of Lex's backstory and why he is the way he is was great. I can see his guilt in betraying his only friend to be accepted by those creeps. My only thing is Lex being knocked out again. Let him win the day once in a while.

Next week looks interesting.
Bronson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 09:36 PM
Supreme Fan

FF seemed like it was down all evening. I tried coming on so many times.

I liked the episode. It was better than I thought it would be. I'll start with saying that Chloe is so right.... Oliver is just, wow. That was so cute! I loved seeing Chloe all dazed like that. Jealous Clark again! Chloe and Lois have great taste. I just realized something.... the writers wouldn't build a rivalry around a guy, would they? No... 'cause Chloe has Jimmy...

Very sad main story. This episode of Smallville was pretty violent. That skewering at the beginning had me all... "Oh.... wtf was that." I didn't expect so much blood. As soon as the sword broke off, I thought it was going to impale the guy through the head. Like, straight down.
I knew it was Duncan all along. Way too simple. I was surprised to see that his body was being watched, though. I thought no one knew and he just made some super recovery and became invisible.

It was also very freaky for me because I was just at a mental institution (No witty comments! It was a school trip)

I enjoyed Lana's support for Lex in this episode. She was good.

Lois called Oliver her "Really hot boyfriend" Hehe

Yes!! Chlark!! Totally unexpected for me. I'm so happy.... I just had read a day or two ago an Allison interview. And what she said became true. Chloe is becoming part of the Kents. She is going to be there with Clark and Martha. Like Jonathan and Pete were. It's so sweet! If she's this close to the Kents, maybe she will survive the series. She was so beautiful.... (I have SN in my head right now) ....Chloe was wearing white, right? I think so. She looked so great.
"Zoners" That was great. And the way she delivered the insanely long line.... wonderful. And at the end, the last scene, Clark said "Zoners" automatically! Made me smile so much, being a Chlark fan.

Yay for Raya. I'm glad. I realized how cool she was when I made those icons of her. It's so cool that she is back. I'm hoping she isn't going to be a romantic interest. But, that's so unlikely, right? She's there about Jor-El and Clark's destiny. She saved Clark because of her loyalty to Jor-El. Anyway, I like that she will be back. I could not tell it was her from the pictures....

The last thing - Oliver,
"Clark, I know you can run faster than a speeding bullet. Take me along for the ride."
xextremex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 04:24 AM
Master Fan

Could Justin Hartley be hired for A LOT more episodes, please? With extra dimples on top?

I love everything the guy/character brings to the show. His rivalry with Lex, his growing friendship with Clark, his relationship with Lois.... Man, it feels so much more like Superman since he's arrived in town.

Lois and Clark snooping/investigating around together? Again, it was a glimpse of things to come. I LOVE it! I love that Lois dropped the subject in the end.

Fave exchange:

Clark: You know, sometimes in order to protect the people we love, we keep secrets.
Lois: That is... totally retarded.

I loved that Lois made him smile.
Old 10-27-2006, 07:45 AM
Addicted Fan

Heh, Ollie beat Lex's ass and then saved it. Pure awesomeness.
Old 10-27-2006, 11:15 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediBlastoise (View Post)
Heh, Ollie beat Lex's ass and then saved it. Pure awesomeness.
Totally Awesome!

I love how Chloe is really a part of the Kent family now that she knows Clark's secret. Her scenes with Clark are always great to watch.

Is it just me or does Justin Hartley get hotter with every ep? He was totally awesome in this one. You can definitely see how much Ollie has changed since he was a kid and how little Lex hasn't. It's cool to see Ollie take responsibility for his mistakes and try to make up for them in the present. His new friendship with Clark is really fun to watch.

I loved the Clark and Lois investigation team. Totally a hint at things to come. Lois is becoming more like the person we all know she will become everyday.

Lionel is a hard man to figure. Sometimes I think he is good but there he sits at his desk with a book of Kryptonian symbols which he closes the second Clark enters the room. Exactly what is he hiding?

I am looking forward to seeing Raja return in the next ep. and it looks like there is trouble in paradise for Lex and Lana.

Matt Goss' New album Coming Soon

Everything Is Numb3rs
Wildcat492002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2006, 01:14 PM
Total Fan

Wow, so I guess not a lot of people enjoyed this eppy, based on reactions? Only 8 replies?

I thought it was ok,. Not great, but ok. I really really love Justin Hartley, and I love his presence on the show.

Loved Lois and Clark investigating "together" (well technically not really together this eppy). I want more of that. But I still love Lois and Oliver. For now. LOL.

Not much more to say. Except can we keep Oliver? Please?
Old 10-28-2006, 03:07 PM
Elite Fan

Neat episode. Not the best Lex-centric ep ever, but it was really good.
The flashbacks were awesome.
I always imagined Lex in boarding school like that. So Ollie was the one who bullied him? Well that explains a lot about them.

Lana and Lois really fit in nicely with the boys at those events.

"Must be my lucky day!"

I laughed so hard when the sword impaled him. I'm evil that way.
BTW isn't that pizza delivery guy from Thirst who got eaten in jacuzzi?

"Are you alright son?"
"Nothing a little dry-cleaning won't fix."
"That's distasteful. Even for you."
"What can I say. It was a nice suit."

I love that he doesn't pretend to care. The guy was an ass to him, so really who cares if he's gone.

Aw, Duncan and Lex are a lot like early Clex!! Plus, spandex costume nod!

Aw, Chloe and the Kents having dinner together. *loves* Love the friendly/family feel.
"Zoners".

"Gotta go back to Gotham"
Oh boy, if Geoffrey was any cooler, and we didn't know his name, I would suspect they were hinting at Bruce. But this was awesome too.

Oh how much do I love Clark/Ollie scenes!!
Another early Clex dynamic feel!

"...pacemakers...that last one was a joke."
"I'm laughing on the inside."
"Well maybe we'll get lucky one day and it will bubble to the surface."

Oy, little-Lex, stop beating the crap out of poor Duncan.
So much selfhate in that scene, you can tell he's punching everything he hates about himself and also sees in Duncan there.

And...we get to see the most used set at today's television.
So finally we get a Clex scene and it's all about Lana? *le sigh*
But Lex has a point, it's not like she wasn't in the hospital all the time when she was with Clark.

Cute Clois scene, and good advice:
"Stop beating yourself up. That's my job!"

"Or...I could get to the bottom of this like a real reporter. Preferably before the grim reaper drops something heavy on my really hot boyfriend."

And back to the beating scene. I'm glad they've cut it a bit, it seemed soooo long in the director's cut clip, it was too brutal.
And yup, the way car hit him? Still funny!! This episode satisfied my morbid sense of humour, thanks DeKnight!

I have to mention here - the actors who played young Lex and Ollie were excellent.
Young Ollie even looked a lot like grown up Ollie.

So Lionel is still investigating kryptonian symbols? Hm.
"The Queen boy."

Quelle surprise, Duncan is alive. Who didn't see that one coming?

Clois snooping!! Yes! I can check that on my season 6 wish list.
"I don't share by-lines."
"Ladies first." *Clark enters the room*

Oh can we have more Lex/Ollie scenes?? Can we?? Can we??!!
Talk about tension!
"Go back to Star City Oliver. While you still can."
And the fight! Very good!
"First one's free. Next one's gonna cost you."
"Like your hands are clean." "Oh no, not even close. But since then I've been scrubbing really hard. You just keep getting dirtier."

Plus, "woman I love" was a nice bonus.

More Clois snooping. And figuring the problem out.

Ouch don't damage Ollie too much. He's our shiny guest star, we want him in one piece!

Heh, loved how Lois commented on Clark missing, as usual, when all the interesting things are happening.
And she's not writing the story because it's not ethical.
"Totally retarded" comment was awesome! So totally Lois, and I so agree, and she even got Clark to smile.
Great episode for Clois, we got to see a bit how they'll be in the future, and it was awesome.

Oh look Lex and Ollie can be civilized!
Lex said thanks. Ollie apologized. I love how neither ended up looking bad.

We get Lex/Lionel scene in this episode too.
Oh Lionel is still a MB.
And Lex is dark as ever - I wonder if he plans to keep those tests going.

More Clark/Ollie bonding. I do hope we could keep Justin for more than 7 episodes.

Chloe's reaction to Ollie!!
Clark trying to get her attention back!!
Hysterical!!

And Raya!!! She's alive!! Yes! I liked her a lot.

All in all a fun episode.
Season 6 is still going strong.

But dear CW logo, would you please go away and die?!
It annoys me that it's almost in the middle of the screen.
Quote:
Originally Posted by xextremex (View Post)
This episode of Smallville was pretty violent.
Yeah, it was a bit much.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpySyd (View Post)
Could Justin Hartley be hired for A LOT more episodes, please? With extra dimples on top?

I'd love that!
Quote:
Clark: You know, sometimes in order to protect the people we love, we keep secrets.
Lois: That is... totally retarded.

Such great scene!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcat492002 (View Post)
Lionel is a hard man to figure. Sometimes I think he is good but there he sits at his desk with a book of Kryptonian symbols which he closes the second Clark enters the room. Exactly what is he hiding?
I'd love to know.

BTW was the part with Warrior Angel comics foreshadowing?
Lex told Duncan that Black Diamond's dad was a supervillain and when he broke out of jail there was an accident and Warrior Angel couldn't save him, so that's when Black Diamond/Devilicus goes evil.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erin
Wow, so I guess not a lot of people enjoyed this eppy, based on reactions? Only 8 replies?
I'm afraid FF isn't cooperating either. It was down every time I checked during last two days.
Old 10-28-2006, 09:17 PM
Part-Time Fan

I loved this episode. Kind of reminded me of the Final Destination movies where people die in freak "accidents."

"Excelsior" institute? Was this a jab at Marvel comics?

Loved the "boxing arrow" comment...Nice touch for the comics fans...(Cuz Green Arrow really did use an arrow that had a boxing glove at the end of it to knock out bad guys ).

Loved Lois/Clark investigating stuff...

For a minute there, I thought the guy going into the limo was Batman...with the Gotham thing...

It'll be interesting to see where the Raya thing goes...Not sure how I feel about introducing new Kryptonians that aren't "canon" from the comic...I know, I know the show has nothing to do with the comic...but still...

Connor: I think I'm losing my mind.
Avery: Dude, your'e starting to freak me out.
Connor: How do you think I feel?
-Angel Spotlight: Connor
angry little lawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2017, 07:26 PM
Fan Forum Legend

eternalfate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2017, 03:41 AM
Fan Forum Star

Looking forward to watching this tonight
broken melody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2017, 01:58 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Finally back to DVD, so hopefully no issues.
eternalfate is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread