Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-17-2005, 11:46 AM
Absolute Fan

WTF?

Smallville will be on when The O.C. is? NOOOOOO! That is not good at all, I hate having to record one and watch the other. I already have to do that with Lost and Smallville, JUST FREAKING GREAT
Congrats Kasey Kahne #9
2005 Chevy American Revolution 400 Nextel Cup Champion

Welcome To The O.C. Bitch
+*~*+SASHA+*~*+ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2005, 03:02 PM
Elite Fan

I've opened up a thread to discuss this very topic. Let's keep this one going now for Episode Discussion only.

I'd like to hear what you all think about this on the new thread. I know I'm pretty upset about the move.

Alex

The Dark is generous, and it's patient, and it always wins - but in the heart of it's strength lies weakness; one lone candle is enough to hold it back.
Love is more than a candle.
Love can ignite the stars.
Alexander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2005, 05:26 AM
Part-Time Fan

I'm gonna watch it tomorrow, ... I guess - I can't wait
MysteriO2K4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2005, 07:49 AM
Absolute Fan

Well I am looking forward to tonight's finale... I have been spoiler free, so I have no idea what will happen. I guess I am looking forward to Clark and Lana as usual. I still like them.. I am probably the only one, but I don't care

I hope that Jason is gone after this and not returning next season and the same with Lois.. I still can't get a grip on her, cause I know she ends up with Clark and Lana dosen't, but lately, I have seriously wanted Chloe and Clark to share maybe a kiss or something and I don't even like them, but I would like to see Chloe get at least that...

As for Lex and Lionel, not sure, I really want to see more darkness from Lex.
Congrats Kasey Kahne #9
2005 Chevy American Revolution 400 Nextel Cup Champion

Welcome To The O.C. Bitch
+*~*+SASHA+*~*+ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2005, 02:13 PM
Elite Fan

This Episode is going to kick butt Less than 3 hrs now

Alex

The Dark is generous, and it's patient, and it always wins - but in the heart of it's strength lies weakness; one lone candle is enough to hold it back.
Old 05-18-2005, 02:43 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by +*~*+SASHA+*~*+
Well I am looking forward to tonight's finale... I have been spoiler free, so I have no idea what will happen. I guess I am looking forward to Clark and Lana as usual. I still like them.. I am probably the only one, but I don't care
You're not alone. I'm rooting for Clana as well. At least at looks like we'll get one great scene tonight.
TimB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2005, 04:37 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strifer
This Episode is going to kick butt Less than 3 hrs now

Alex
I can't wait ... but I missed "Forever" ... hopefully they'll have a "previously on ..." before it starts.

kenny | credit
smoothaise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2005, 06:17 PM
Supreme Fan

This is so exciting!

Seeing Jensen in the opening credits is a major give-away.
I so knew Genevieve would die right away. Isobel rules, but is she really gone? Clarkie (Krypto) is so cute.

Looks like another meteor shower. Lex/Lana is such a nice relationship. Very sweet scene. The Lois scene was cute. "You're welcome here anytime". And Clark goes "Actually...". They should keep the relationship like this for a while.

Chloe never graduated The 'panic' scene was great.

Wow. Jason doesn't look too good. He's still hot somehow though. It's interesting how the meteor shower was triggered by human blood on the crystal. Creative.

Whoa. Lionel is so dead. I thought only two of the crystals were in Smallville.

Clark on the ground is the perfect opportunity for Chloe.

OMG. My dream of the perfect scene almost came true. Go Chloe! She saved his life.

How could Lana survive that crash? The Kent farm is in serious danger. This is amazing!

OH NO! Not a To Be Continued!!! Damn! That shot with Lois was spectacular. And Lana. And Chloe and Lex. Chloe saw Clark, but did Lex?? It seems like if Martha and Jonathan survive, so should Jason. I can't wait so long!
I've never seen anything so outstanding.
"Clark, I know you can run faster than a speeding bullet. Take me along for the ride."

Last edited by xextremex; 05-18-2005 at 06:23 PM
xextremex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2005, 06:17 PM
Elite Fan

Big letdown Back with a backlash of a review later.

Alex

Old 05-18-2005, 06:28 PM
Loyal Fan

All I can say is DAMN! They have really kept us guessing this time around. I know the point is to keep us hungry for more so that in the fall we tune in with great interest, but how could they leaves us like that. I mean there are quite a few questions and where would one begin?

Well the episode was really good. I am sort of disappointed that Chloe didn't come clean with Clark and tell him that she knows his secret, but it was cool how she covered for him with Lex not once but twice. Having her on his side will be a great asset in the future.

I think it is safe to say that Lex has turned to the dark side. When he whispered in Lionel's ear about "raising the son you always wanted" I figured that was an acknowledgement that Lex is not going to fight being evil like he always had. And since Lionel is lying in a bed catatonic, they will need a new villian. But I think there is more for Lionel. Somehow I feel that the symbols in his eyes were not only meant as a cool special effect. I have to wonder exactly what that last element did to him?

It was also good to see Jason back for one last time. With Jensen getting his own show it is safe to say that Jason will be killed off. With the meteor striking the house one has to wonder what will happen to the Kents. I am almost certain that they come out on the otherside ok, but one has to wonder can anymore misfortune fall on their doorstep?

And last but not least Lana. I am still not sure that they are serious about the whole Clana thing and if they are then they have to keep them together for an extended period of time and stop all the silly games. Somehow I think that Lana will have knowledge of something connected to Clark next season. What ever that thing was she stumbled upon it was definitely from out of this world. The connection to Clark is yet to be seen, but if it landed in Smallville it is more than coincidence.

The only thing that lacked in this ep. was the graduation ceremony. The climax to four years and it really took a back seat to the point where it almost didn't need to be included. But it does bring back memories of when it was my turn to take the trip across the stage in cap and gown. I just prayed that my cap would not fall off, whereas Clark just prayed not to trip. Overall, excellent finale and I can't wait for the fall season to begin.

Matt Goss' New album Coming Soon

Everything Is Numb3rs
Wildcat492002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2005, 06:30 PM
Obsessed Fan

I usually don't post here, but I am a Smallville/Superman fan.

The two instances that really stood out for me tonight where:

1) When Clark saves the little boy from the meteor. While kind of cheesy... That was a "Superman" moment that those of us who have grown up with the previous movies and comics can identify with. The way it was shot and edited just said, "Superman" through-and-through.

2) When Clark threw the crystal form out into the wasteland. I assume this will land and form the Fortress of Solitude???

However, what I really liked about the scene was the score in the background. If that is the new "Superman" theme that the new film is going to use (or similar to it), that just kicks ass in so many ways because it again says "Superman" in so many ways in my opinion.

UnsilentMajorty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2005, 06:39 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strifer
Big letdown Back with a backlash of a review later.

Alex

Alex: WORD.

I'm so let down, I'm not even sure what to say right now.
Old 05-18-2005, 06:42 PM
Supreme Fan

The visual effects were amazing guys.

ETA: I know it seriously lacked Chloe, but what was disappointing?
"Clark, I know you can run faster than a speeding bullet. Take me along for the ride."

Last edited by xextremex; 05-18-2005 at 06:51 PM
xextremex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2005, 07:22 PM
Part-Time Fan

What the Heck??????? What kind of ending was that? I don't get it, Clark throws the element and what?? Wait 4 months to find out? I'm sorry but I expect more from Smallville. The Lana cliffhanger was interesting. To me it looked like she stumbled upon a ship and it was opening. I hope its not another Kryptonian or something but we'll wait until September. Lex has turned to the dark side without a doubt. The special effects were spectacular. The meteors in space and hitting Smallville were awesome. Clark saving the boy was great to see, just wish he had taken the time to see the helicopter and saved Lana. I'll get over it but out of the 4 finales this one ranks dead last.
TimB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2005, 07:55 PM
Elite Fan

Maybe it's because I only catch Smallville on average once a month because Wednesday nights are my late class nights, but I thought that finale was incredible. Being a Buffy fan for seven years, I'm a fan of those world in danger/cast in danger/apocalyptic type finales and this one was right on course with that.

I'm big out of the loop as far as all the lore goes so maybe that's why I was able to enjoy it so much, I didn't have any expectations for things to get resolved. I must admit though, Chloe going back to try and save Lana was great. I'm a fan of their relationship and it's always pushed far off to the side but it was nice seeing Chloe trying to play hero. It of course was just an excuse to get her to the Luthor mansion but still, I'll take what I can get

Overall I personally thought it was one of the better finales. Smallville seems to do the big epic final episodes like Buffy used to do and I like that, even if it's a bummer that it's usually more of a cliffhanger than most.

"Naya's my girl." - Heather Morris

|| Naya Rivera and Heather Morris Board Campaigns||Live Journal||Tumblr||
Casandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread