Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 04-27-2005, 06:35 PM
Total Fan

I honestly wasn't a Chlark fan...I have always loved Chloe, just not with Clark. But tonight was....adorable. Chloe has always been awesome, but tonight she moved up in my book. But as much as I love Clark as well....I have to say this. Chloe deserves more than Clark. If he can't see and love her like she is, then he doesn't deserve her. She is too strong a person to be pining away. And Clana?? Give me a break. They'll be broken up AGAIN after 2 or 3 episodes. Deja vu anyone?

But props to Jonathan Bennett. He is wonderful, and I liked that Kevin got to have a clean slate at the end. And yes, I am a Lois fan, so I loved her.

But my favorite line of the night goes to Chloe--"Premature Combustion"
Old 04-27-2005, 06:52 PM
Part-Time Fan

Maybe its just that I expect more from Smallville but the generic amnesia storyline really didn't do it for me. I've seen it too many times.
I'm a Clana fan but Chloe was a really good friend tonight. Most people would have abused the position she was in but she didn't. I just wonder how much of her memory got wiped out by the machine at the institute.
It's a good point about Clark falling in love with Lana just by looking at her. It reeks of superficiality. Their talk at the end was left openended. I hope it means that this time he knows better and will be honest with her rather than keep lying to her. It would be nice to see them together and either they make or they don't.
Lex looks like his evil side is coming out. Maybe it's the after effects of the Black Kryptonite. Him so openly manipulating Clark was new. The final turn to the dark side might not be far away.
Overall, an OK episode. I just expect more from Smallville.
TimB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2005, 09:02 PM
Addicted Fan

i found it funny how chloe covered herself up with her jacket when clark said he could see through walls. hehehhe...

and i didnt get the end with clark and lana. are they gonna go out again? is he gonna tell her his secret? what was that all about??
Old 04-27-2005, 09:44 PM
Fan Forum Star

I really enjoyed the Clark/Chloe scenes until the ending and I wanted to just hurl with all the Clark/Lana scenes.

In the words of Clark's mom " Clark and Lana? They are so last season"
My LJ
AutumnColorsღ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2005, 01:52 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candygirl
Ok, I don't have time for a full recap, but here's a few impressions:

- Yay, his gut told him that he could trust Chloe. I loved that "you wouldn't betray me" line. How absolutely wonderful is Chloe? She could have completely taken advantage of Clark's state, but she was open and honest and only looked out for Clark's interests. I don't care what she's done in the past, nobody should ever doubt her loyalty to Clark again.

Yess the only person he trusted was her. I liked when she whispered "Be Careful" to Clark about Lex. Overall I liked this episode mainly because of Chloe and how fantastic she was as usual. The only parts that sucked were... you guessed it.. the dreadful Clana! I just loved Chloe being by his side and protecting him it was lovely to watch.

Quote:
- The Clana stuff panned out exactly how we predicted. He "loves" her because she's hot and makes him eyejaculate. Lovely, how romantic.
OMG I nearly wet myself laughing so hard at this statement. Too damn funny. But noo thats not true he saw her and fell in love with her soul... LOL

Of course it is happening inside your head, but why on earth should that mean it is not real?
Buttacup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2005, 04:50 AM
Loyal Fan

Allison Mack was so great in the episode, especially the final scene. She was good enough to keep me watching after that dreadful Clana locker scene. They should totally give AM her own show.

Evil Lex was fun, he is so much more fun when he is evil but there was way too little of him.

Jason has officially become absolutely pointless, in my opinion. I gave him a chance, I really did.

I loved Chloe covering up for Clark and not making him feel like crap for lying to her all this time even though he didn't deserve it.

Lois was very... not annoying in this episode, I hate her but in this she was okay.

The Clana bothers me in so many levels but the one I hate the most is the fact that it makes Clark this superficial dumbass...I mean it was understandable during the first two seasons he was like 15, 16? But now he is almost an adult, he already tried this and it DIDN'T WORK!!!! He should know better if he is going to become a good guy.

I liked the bad guy, he was a nice change from all the crazies we usually get.

I'm not going to watch next week, I agree with a previous post that the trailer was enough to make me physically ill.
Old 04-28-2005, 04:53 AM
Master Fan

I thought it was a pretty good ep and the freak of the week was interesting,for once.

-Chloé:The dearest friend Clark could have ever had.Her knowing his secret and totally understanding his reasons for not telling her is the greatest thing about her this season.I wasn't a fan of Chloé in the early seasons but this S4 Chloé is awesome.The only thing that made me roll my eyes out was when she called Lana the love of Clark's life....I know it's not her fault,but that was corny and not true,as we'll see later in his life....

-Clana: This has been played soooo many times.....really boring.

-Jason:He freaked me out a little....change of character much?

-Lois:"I guess I shouldn't call you Smallville anymore"

-Loved that line!I love Lois with Clark and with Chloé and the trio all together.That was so funny how Chloé tried to cover Clark's secret to Lois,lol.

- Really liked her scene with Clark in the barn....that's the Lois we rarely get to see.It's nice to see she genuinely cares for Clark,despite the snarky comments and the ongoing banter.
Old 04-28-2005, 07:17 AM
Elite Fan

I was gonna do a big scene by scene breakdwon like I normally do, but I downloaded a crap copy. The audio is totally out of sync with the visual, anywho...

- The Chlark was awesome. I love when there's great interaction between them. Granted he kept fawning over Lana almost the whole damn time but when she wasn' around... Twas greatness.

- The Clois was nice. Not annoying this time.

- The FOTW plot was interesting. Well just the freak of it, the whole memory loss thing is so played out. But that's cool that he wiped everyone's memories so Clark didn't have ot explain himself.

- The Jason/Lana scene. Well they both did 360's there. He was calm and the psychotic... and she apparently just been lying to him all along, if they've been planning her college stuff and she's been thinking all the while she ain't going. TPTB did not do well leading up to this change at all but if they had it would be a really interesting plot, ganted I'm interested because I'm a Jensen fan but moving on... What exactly was Jason talking about? And will those stupid writers tell us? Well it'd be nice but I have my doubts.

- Well at least Lex evil lightswitch is moving at a slightly slower pace... but I'm totally thinking he remembers more then what he let on in Oynx.

- Lana. Die already. You don't dump Jason one minute because of his "secreths and lieths" and compare him to your previous "secreths and lieths" relationship with Clark and then turn around and starting going back out with Clark, where surely there will be more "secreths and lieths" to be had and said.

Gah! TPTB you suck monkey balls!
If you love someone you gotta make a sound
HIMYM 10 YEARS

Last edited by Mysteria; 04-28-2005 at 08:09 AM
Mysteria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2005, 09:37 AM
Loyal Fan

I love Chloe in this episode also the clark/chloe scenes.

Picture, you're the Queen of Everything..As far as the Eye can see..Under your Command..
I will be your Guardian..When all is Crumbling..Steady your Hand..
Chlollie
leytongrl07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2005, 12:36 PM
Part-Time Fan

I loved how Chloe and Clark interacted with such loving care in this episode. I loved the end when she said "You trusted me"

This whole Clark/Lana thing is getting old and boring. Writers, producers: LET IT GO!

"There is a light at the end of every tunnel....just pray it's not a train!."

Last edited by Alexander; 04-28-2005 at 01:18 PM Reason: We have character bashing rules that must be followed or all hell breaks lose
alexa2588 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2005, 03:20 PM
I am a basketball genius!

I thought this episode was okay. I understand why Jason was upset about Lana lying to him. Jason looked & he has every right to be. I liked the Clark/Chloe scenes together. They were terrific!

I hope Clark & Lana don't get back together but, it looks like they will. I believe there are other people on Smallville that those 2 could be with that would make the show more interesting. The only part of the episode I didn't care for was the Clana seen. I'm hopeful that the writers will think of something new.
canflam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2005, 07:17 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysteria
- The Chlark was awesome. I love when there's great interaction between them. Granted he kept fawning over Lana almost the whole damn time but when she wasn' around... Twas greatness.

- The Jason/Lana scene. Well they both did 360's there. He was calm and the psychotic... and she apparently just been lying to him all along, if they've been planning her college stuff and she's been thinking all the while she ain't going. TPTB did not do well leading up to this change at all but if they had it would be a really interesting plot, ganted I'm interested because I'm a Jensen fan but moving on... What exactly was Jason talking about? And will those stupid writers tell us? Well it'd be nice but I have my doubts.
As a part-time fan, I just think Lex and Chloe are the best part of the show. AM did a really good job. The CLana was just so wrong! Blech.

As another Jensen fan, I thought he did this (his one scene, damn PTB!) really well. Clearly TPTB had no idea what to do with Jason, other than "another Lana boyfriend." He did a nice job covering the "how long have you known?" slip, then going to the zoo, then echoing the "don't give up on me" sentiment from earlier in the season, with enough emotion that you think he could actually care about her still. But he did not mention the prom Clana dance?
Davina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2005, 03:32 AM
Elite Fan

I was glad to see Clana back again, I hope we see more, much, much more! Clark: "It's going to be different this time..." hehe

Chloe was the best part of this episode, and when she told Lois that Clark had anmesia and Lois replied with 'Again?!' She was thinking the exact same thing as I was at that time. Interesting bit at the end...when Clark told Lana that 'This time it will be different' was that because he 'remembered' or was it just an interesting choice of words? Because if he DID remember, (even though he SAID he did not remember anything from the 24 hours before), that would be very-interesting indeed! It would mean that Clark tricked Lex to lie about all that had happened in that 24 hours, and he would know that Chloe knows his secret, and of course, that good news for Clana!
Camibra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2005, 06:18 AM
Loyal Fan

I feel sorry for Jensen/Jason. I think they just hired him because they liked him as an actor and then tried to figure out what to do. The actor must be really pissed.

Quote:
"secreths and lieths"
I just had fond memories of William Sadler's comment about Liz 'anythink' Parker.

Josh Brolin - I saw him first!
www.themoviemark.com
That_70s_Ho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2005, 03:45 PM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by That_70s_Ho
I feel sorry for Jensen/Jason. I think they just hired him because they liked him as an actor and then tried to figure out what to do. The actor must be really pissed.
Yea. IMO, when he first started, he was really interesting. With the whole Isabelle story. Then they completely screwed it up. They should have left it like it was - him willing to do anything for Lana. And if they really want to get rid of him.. instead of making him evil and probably killing him (my guess), he should have just left town when Lana broke up with him. Jason was such a sweet guy.. Poor Jensen.
"Clark, I know you can run faster than a speeding bullet. Take me along for the ride."
xextremex is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread