Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 04-27-2005, 04:25 AM
Elite Fan

Smallville 4x19 "Blank" Episode Discussion

'Blank'....fresh new episode...wednesday 8/7c

Official WB description
Kevin (guest star), a boy who can cause people to temporarily lose their memory, turns his powers on Clark (Tom Welling) and causes him to have total amnesia. Chloe discovers what has happened and must teach Clark about his superpowers while simultaneously trying to keep him from accidentally revealing them to others....I can't wait for this to finally happen On his trip down memory lane, Clark meets Lana (Kristin Kreuk), falls in love all over again ...OMG! and decides to share his secret with her. Lex (Michael Rosenbaum) takes advantage of the situation and convinces Clark to show him where the three stones are hidden.

Jensen Ackles, John Glover, Annette O'Toole and John Schneider also star

Jeannot Szwarc directed the episode written by Brain Peterson & Kelly Souders....Brian Peterson's favorite character is Chloe...so NOT I'm surprised that, this will be one of the better episodes of season4

The Dark is generous, and it's patient, and it always wins - but in the heart of it's strength lies weakness; one lone candle is enough to hold it back.
Love is more than a candle.
Love can ignite the stars.
Alexander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2005, 08:16 AM
Elite Fan

Wow!

I am definetly looking forward to this episode. I hope something doesn't give everyone amnesia ... and then it's back to normal.

kenny | credit
smoothaise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2005, 11:01 AM
Addicted Fan

"Clark meets Lana (Kristin Kreuk), falls in love all over again ...OMG! and decides to share his secret with her."

Barf. What a retard, Clark is.

And yet, I can't wait for this episode.

Icon by wicked_one
Jamie Witter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2005, 01:44 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strifer
Kevin (guest star), a boy who can cause people to temporarily lose their memory, turns his powers on Clark (Tom Welling) and causes him to have total amnesia.
Well ... we know how this one will end. He'll get his memory back ... and everyone else will forget what happened.

Damn plot device!

Note to the writers: It's more interesting if people remember things.

kenny | credit
Old 04-27-2005, 02:32 PM
Absolute Fan

You know, I think the phrasing is really interesting regarding that Clana thing. Clark can't even remember his own name and yet he "falls in love" with Lana?? If he can't remember his name, then he can't possibly remember Lana's kindness, or the way she volunteers at nursing homes, or her devotion to her parents, or her chutzpah in standing up to Lex to save the Talon. Basically, he can't remember anything that might make him love Lana. All he sees is her face and maybe her smile and that's why he "falls in love." Several people I have chatted with mentioned that this shows how superficial the Clana is. Clark "loves" Lana because of how she looks and maybe how she moves, but not because of who she truly is on the inside. If he loved her for her true self, then he couldn't possibly fall in love with her when he remembers nothing about her.

So yeah, that's how I'm gonna keep the clana from ruining my Chloe-sode.

Let's all just hope that Lana and Lois behave themselves so that my co-mod won't have reason to edit any posts.
Old 04-27-2005, 03:45 PM
Ultimate Fan

Snaps for Candy...you read all the Reporter minds worldwide.

Janine || [ @FF.net ] [ @AO3.org ] [ @WP.com ]
sumiregusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2005, 03:49 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candygirl
You know, I think the phrasing is really interesting regarding that Clana thing. Clark can't even remember his own name and yet he "falls in love" with Lana?? If he can't remember his name, then he can't possibly remember Lana's kindness, or the way she volunteers at nursing homes, or her devotion to her parents, or her chutzpah in standing up to Lex to save the Talon. Basically, he can't remember anything that might make him love Lana. All he sees is her face and maybe her smile and that's why he "falls in love." Several people I have chatted with mentioned that this shows how superficial the Clana is. Clark "loves" Lana because of how she looks and maybe how she moves, but not because of who she truly is on the inside. If he loved her for her true self, then he couldn't possibly fall in love with her when he remembers nothing about her.

So yeah, that's how I'm gonna keep the clana from ruining my Chloe-sode.

Let's all just hope that Lana and Lois behave themselves so that my co-mod won't have reason to edit any posts.
Oh, Candy, you speak the truth! Now if only we could convince certain people over at Ksite of that fact.

I'm excited about this episode, but I've learned the hard way to not get my hopes up too high.
Old 04-27-2005, 04:34 PM
Addicted Fan

And just to add to Candy's brilliant post, Clark's "love" for Lana has always been superficial and more like a crush or stupid infatuation with what he thinks she is because if he really loved her, he wouldn't have such a difficult time dealing with her when she pushed herself off her own pedestal and um, started wearing black (WTF?) or whatever. He wanted Lana to always be the "girl next door" and when she started spreading her wings (barf!) he couldn't deal. I mean even Lana grew a brain cell for like five seconds and warned him (was it is S2 or S3?) that she feared he put her on a pedestal and saw her as perfect (in what world?!) and didn't really know the real her.

So. What. Ever. AlMiles suck.

Icon by wicked_one

Last edited by Jamie Witter; 04-27-2005 at 04:39 PM
Jamie Witter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2005, 05:17 PM
Part-Time Fan

Yeah AlMiles do suck.

This is me so far during the episode:

Awww!

Dammit!!

WHAAAAT?

GAH. What is Lana's deal with the secrets and lies???

AWWWWWWW!

DAMMMMMITTTTT!!

ETA: SV has now ruined 2 great songs for me. "You and Me" by Lifehouse *shudders* Wretched Clana dance and now "Let Me Go" by 3 Doors Down. Stupid Clark-falls-in-love-with-Lana-all-over-again-and-goes-to-school-just-to-see-her-and-make-moony-eyes-again-and-Chloe-sees-and-is-hurt-AGAIN scene. Oh yeah the Clana romance is not based on looks AT ALL. My butt.

Last edited by BeautifulDisaster; 04-27-2005 at 05:29 PM
BeautifulDisaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2005, 06:01 PM
Absolute Fan

Hee, as much as I adore getting snaps, the superficial Clana analysis is the product of Chiri's post-Spirit chat. All credit goes to several people in that room.

Ok, I don't have time for a full recap, but here's a few impressions:

- Yay, his gut told him that he could trust Chloe. I loved that "you wouldn't betray me" line. How absolutely wonderful is Chloe? She could have completely taken advantage of Clark's state, but she was open and honest and only looked out for Clark's interests. I don't care what she's done in the past, nobody should ever doubt her loyalty to Clark again.

- I didn't hate the Clois barn scene (see, Alex? I give credit when it's due). It was light and friendish without trying to be sappy. I could absolutely tolerate the Clois if that's all it ever was. You know, while we're on the Lois not-hating, her investigating didn't feel nearly as shoehorned in as usual. I mean, she actually played a role that Chloe couldn't have (because she was off investigating herself) instead of just taking over Chloe's role.

- The Clana stuff panned out exactly how we predicted. He "loves" her because she's hot and makes him eyejaculate. Lovely, how romantic.

-Hee, "Trust me on this, Clark, just run" was soooo cute. He overshot and stopped in the middle of the cows. Hee. Every time Chloe showed him how to use a power or whatever, I grinned like nobody's business. It was the cutest. I also loved Clark's comment about how Chloe is so protective of him. What an adorable role reversal.

-Yay, my investigative reportery Chloe is still alive and kicking! I love that she got to be the one to break into Summerholt and get complimented on her snooping skills by Lois.

-Nooooooooooooooooo, he doesn't remember Chloe helping him?? Oh please, say it ain't so!

-Sigh, I don't know what to make of the "this time" Clana. They're can't possibly actually be going there, can they? Really? I mean, it's just not possible that they're really rehashing the romantic Clana. I just...I'm speechless.

-Sigh, Clark still doesn't know that Chloe knows? Geez, writers, way to drag this storyline out. I reeeeally thought tonight was the night!

-You know, it was very cute and BFF Chlarky and Chloe was written to perfection, so I'm just gonna squee about that and not think about the Clana.

ETA: WTF ever with the "this time will be different" crap. You're not gonna tell her the secret and she is still not going to be okay with being lied to. It won't be different! It will be the same! And it will make me want to puke!

Also, I'm fairly certain I'm gonna skip next week's eppy. Just the Clark and Lana as parents stuff from the promo is enough to make me want to vomit.
Old 04-27-2005, 06:12 PM
Ultimate Fan

Crap. Crap crap crap. No. More. Smallville.

Janine || [ @FF.net ] [ @AO3.org ] [ @WP.com ]
sumiregusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2005, 06:12 PM
Supreme Fan

That was one of the best Chlark episodes. She cares for him so much! Lana would never do the things Chloe is doing. What is wrong with these writers? It was a beautiful episode and so enjoyable. Then they had to go and ruin it with 'another chance'?! NO!!!! Not Clana again! Are they blind?! Look at the love between Chloe and Clark. They are so perfect together. Next week - Clana?!
"Clark, I know you can run faster than a speeding bullet. Take me along for the ride."
xextremex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2005, 06:17 PM
Loyal Fan

Ok this ep. was really good from the Clark/Chloe side. I love the bonding and how she took it upon herself to watch out for him while he was totally clueless. It was nice to have someone in the whole mess that Clark could trust. It is sad that when he regains his memory that he doesn't remember anything that she did for him. I wish that she would stop dropping hints and just say she knows. Of course tell Clark he "trusted her" should be a pretty big give away.

Another thing that was pretty good was the FOTW. Not like the normal ones who slightly mental. This one you could actually feeling sorry for. His abnormalities are something his father did to him. It was kind of cool when he and Clark teamed up to rescue Chloe. I really thought it was cool that Kevin bailed Clark's ass out of trouble be wipping the memories of all witnesses. And even though Clark didn't remember what Kevin did for him it was nice to see them part on civil terms.

What I found interesting about this ep. is that Lex decides to play on Clark's lack of memory to get info out of him. I mean once he led Clark down into the caves you knew trouble would ensue. If there was one thing that I wish Clark remembered besides all that Chloe did for him it would be what he told Lex about the secret room in the cave. And as if Lex wasn't enough of a bastard he had to go and steal the map of the caves that Clark drew for his own private collection. Somehow I think Clark knows he is up to something. I see a showdown of sorts coming from all of this. Another interesting piece was the short section with Jason. He starts out all nice and then gets all psycho when Lana breaks it to him that she doesn't have the same feelings for him anymore. I mean any guy would be hurt but he got way to physical. And what did he mean when he said that she made him forget about what he'd become? What mommy's little evil puppet? Right now Jason is really creeping me out.

Ok and now to what I totally hated about this ep. Once again I feel that we are getting sucked into the Clana abyss. Ok once again Clark falls in love with Lana at first sight and nearly burns the place down in the process. We have been there, seen that. Then he tries to make a fresh start with her and even though she knows his memory is shot she is not making a run for the door. The wheels in her head are actually considering his offer as a possibility. And just when you think you are safe the writers have to screw with us yet again. The last scene left me feeling sick to my stomach knowing that there is more Clana ahead. She is actually considering giving Clark a second chance and he really wants one. Can anyone say hurt me now! Let's just hope this is a passing trend. But with my luck of late I say we be totally screwed. Given the previews for next week I am not jumping up and down over it but you never know. It could surprise me and be better than I think it will be.

Matt Goss' New album Coming Soon

Everything Is Numb3rs
Wildcat492002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2005, 06:21 PM
Part-Time Fan

Wow, ok, so yeah.. um, what to say right now without me getting censored/banned.... um, oh yeah THERE IS NOTHING I CAN SAY! That's right I was yelling, cause I yelled at my tv all throughout this episode. I'll have to come back later once I'm more calm.
Old 04-27-2005, 06:25 PM
Elite Fan

I actually like Clark/Lana, so I was glad to see that ending ... but part of me felt like it was time for Chloe to get the happy ending. The writer's keep giving her the short end of that stick. I wonder why. I mean I get the whole, Chloe helps Clark, he is oblivious to her feelings and his own, etc. But, how long can they play that story out witout making Chloe want to hang herself.

kenny | credit
Reply   Post New Thread