Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 04-13-2005, 04:39 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candygirl
Hah, my "recaps" are usually stream of consciousness type things that I feel like would never make any sense outside of my own head.

kenny | credit
smoothaise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2005, 05:21 PM
Supreme Fan

Oh no!!! Technical difficulties! I'm not going to get to see it.
"Clark, I know you can run faster than a speeding bullet. Take me along for the ride."
xextremex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2005, 05:46 PM
Elite Fan

Ok ... it's not even over yet ... but this episode is INSANE!!!

kenny | credit
Old 04-13-2005, 05:50 PM
Supreme Fan

Ahh. Damnit.
"Clark, I know you can run faster than a speeding bullet. Take me along for the ride."
xextremex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2005, 05:54 PM
Master Fan

Oh man....greatest line ever "You were right about me all along Mr. Kent, I am the villian of the story!"
this was a great episode, it was about time!
Old 04-13-2005, 05:55 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrabbyCancer69
"You were right about me all along Mr. Kent, I am the villian of the story!"
Fantastic line. Adding to my sig! Thanks!

kenny | credit
Old 04-13-2005, 06:02 PM
Absolute Fan

Yay, I love the first episode after hiatus! I'm full of anticipation.

What the FREAKING FRELL? I'm so angry I can barely type. The little cut before the eppy had Tom, Kristin, Michael, Erica, and Jensen. Are you kidding me, WB? WTF? No, really. What is going on in your heads??? Allison has been with the show for 4 years, how dare you guys leave her out? You know, I cut you guys some slack when I thought it was "the big 3" and then some more when you added Lois because she is canon. But now? You added Lana's boyfriend who has been here for one season, but you left out Allison Mack? Oh, I will be writing some letters.

Teaser- More kryptonite testing from Lex? What a shock! So he's radiating seeds with Kryptonite? I'd like to know what he was planning to do with the seeds. Is it important that the Kryptonite turned blue before it zapped Lex? Does Blue Kryptonite do something specific in Superman lore? Yay, two Lexes!! Oh, the dirty thoughts...

Hospital scene- Yay for Clark/Chloe showing up together. Um, was that flirty smilyness I saw? Cute! Good for Chloe being her skeptic reportery self!

Bad Lex with the scientist- Wow, he is bad. Poor dead scientist. And Lex did it practically with a smile. Ooh, the Chlexers probably liked that little look .

Lab scene- Ummmmm, radiating food with Kryptonite?? Sounds like a good way to make an army of meteor mutants. World hunger might not be so bad in comparison.

Luthor mansion- Hi Lionel! You're looking mighty fine, Mr. JG! Ummmm, I can't tell if this is good or bad Lex. Seems good...oh, yeah, I guess he was. Blech, I don't like it when both the Luthors are being so sugary sweet; they're no fun like that. Yay, the Lexes finally meet.

Uhhhh, Luthor wine cellar?- I love the way the Lexes are talking to each other as if they have always been seperate entities inside Lex. Fantastic acting from MR in this scene. Wow, the whole iron mask thing is disturbing. Wow, what a scene. Powerful, but not over the top.

Torch- Heh, more Chloe hints. Yay, I love that Clark still needs Chloe to help him make the logic leaps neccessary to solve cases.

Lana's apartment- LOL, I love the "move in with me or live on the streets" ultimatum Bad Lex gave Lana. I'm not fond of another person loving Lana, but meh, I'm used to it by now.

Luthor mansion- Hee, Bad Lex mocking Lionel was quite funny. Ooooh, Bad Lex/Lionel swordfight? Woohoo! What a great parallel from the Pilot. I think the fact that Lex managed to bring out the MB and then dealt a blow is symbolic; I really don't feel like Lionel will play a big part of S5. Lex is ready to go evil all on his own.

Kent Barn- Sigh, go away Clana. I never liked you, I didn't miss you, and I don't want you back. Puke, barf, gag. Good timing with the phone call, Chloe! You probably saved us all extended Clunkie agony.

Luthor Mansion- Yay, I'm always glad when Chloe's investigating skills get some credit. "Get Chloe and meet me at the lab?"

Lab- Hee, great line from Chloe about making a career out of snooping where she shouldn't! Great scene, I do so miss the Chlarky snoopy scenes! Good parallels between Clark/Chloe and Clark/Lex and how well we really know our friends. I said it earlier, but I'm really enjoying having the skeptical, investigative Chloe back. Uh oh. Bad Lex knows about Clark's powers! Aww, sweet Chlark facing touching.

Kent kitchen- Chlark! It was Chlarky! With the hair brushing, face touching! I wasn't imagining that! Everyone else saw it too, right? Even if it was just close friendshippiness, it was still cute. I can't wait for Clark to find out that Chloe has known and protected his secret. I really hope that happens soon. You know, I would say that there was no way that Chloe would go home and let Clark handle it all by himself, but I guess she knows now that she might just slow him down.

Barn- It's soooo future Lex/Superman type dialogue. I think it's very cool that they brought up the question of which was the "real" Lex. Wow, Bad Lex knows about the Kryptonite weakness and everything. Joining the Lexes back together better bring some memory loss with it! HEE, he shot Bo with a straight face! "I am the villian of the story"....well., it's about time that they straightened that out! I was confused before .

Hospital- Okay, Black Kryptonite, not Blue then. Does that always split people?

Luthor mansion- More Lex fighting. Eek, he was gonna kill Clark? Oooooh, eyejaculating to heat up the ring so it turns black? Gooood solution, writers! Why wouldn't Clark always inactivate Kryptronite like that in the future though?

Lab- Does Clark think that he's only talking to the good half? Ooooooooooooh, I justy always thought Lex was split into good and bad, I never considered that it could have created an evil Lex.

Lana's apartment- Sigh, way to be snipy, Lana. You'd think you would be morwe understanding considering how many times you have acted OOC due to kryptonite.

Luthor Mansion- YAAAY, the MB is back. I missed him. Ooooh, and the evil smirk that Lex had at the end?

Wow, what a fantastic episode! That was the best eppy in a very long time. It had a little Clana, Chlark, Lexana, Chlex...lots of great Clark/Lex and Lex/Lionel scenes....pretty much everything you could want from an eppy. See, ptb? You don't need Lois! You can write fantastic episodes without her.

And next week we have prom which is promoted as Lois vs. Lana vs. Chloe all fighting to be Clark's date. Goody. This is gonna be really good or really bad...and I'm scared.
Old 04-13-2005, 06:16 PM
Loyal Fan

Michael Rosenbaum totally owned this ep. When they allow him to delve into his creativeness he totally rocks! Seeing him as Lex and Alexander was great. It shows us what Lex would do if he just let himself go and stopped trying not to be his father. He makes moves on Lana, tries to off Clark and Chloe, sword fights with daddy, and shoots Jonathan. Not bad for a few days work.

Besides the kick ass performance of MR, we had the return of the old and notoriously bad Lionel Luthor. I have to say that the Mr. Nice Guy routine was growing on me, but Lionel said it himself, "We're Luthors." With a severely decreased bank account I wonder what evil plans he will try to pull off now.

One thing I do wish to see happen soon is to have Chloe come clean to Clark about what she knows about him. It is kind of sad watching them dance around the whole issue. She drops subtle and not so subtle hints and he appears to ignore them. I think it would be easier for the both of them to just get off their chests.

And of course there is Lana. Where is the boyfriend when you truly need protection? Seems that she can't help but run to Clark when something goes wrong or she needs help. Although Lex apologized for his actions in the end, I don't think that Lana will ever trust him the same way again. I mean there was a time not all that long ago when she had more trust in Lex than she did in Clark. After seeing what the other half of Lex would do if allowed to run free, I think Lana will be alittle more cautious around him.

Overall excellent ep! It is nice after an extended break from new eps. to run with one that shines. I think as the season winds down we can look forward to a number of good eps. I think next week should prove to be quite interesting.

Matt Goss' New album Coming Soon

Everything Is Numb3rs
Wildcat492002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2005, 06:26 PM
Elite Fan

Using the quick reply to make a quick comment...but

Michael Rosenbaum owned this episode! Definitely. Michael hit it out of the park! What a fun and clever episode. Back for more later.

Alex

The Dark is generous, and it's patient, and it always wins - but in the heart of it's strength lies weakness; one lone candle is enough to hold it back.
Love is more than a candle.
Love can ignite the stars.
Alexander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2005, 07:17 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strifer
Using the quick reply to make a quick comment...but

Michael Rosenbaum owned this episode! Definitely. Michael hit it out of the park! What a fun and clever episode. Back for more later.

Alex
MR definetly owned this episode. I taped it so I can re-watch it. So many great moments ... just a great episode!

kenny | credit
Old 04-13-2005, 07:35 PM
Extreme Fan

I'm a west coaster and haven't seen the episode yet, but Candygirl, I tend to agree with you on most things. I hate it when they cut out Allison/Chloe! I believe that Blue kryptonite is for bizarro Superman.

I've really been looking forward to this episode. I love Lex, and MB is always so great.
MissShannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2005, 09:20 PM
Addicted Fan

whoaaaaaa!

....that is all i have to say.
JediBlastoise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2005, 10:08 PM
Elite Fan

Definitely one of the best of the year! This season's been lacking in my opinion, compared to the others (season 3 being my favorite), but this episode was incredible... Worth the wait.
barbeegurl00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2005, 10:13 PM
Obsessed Fan

I wish I'd taped it. It was excellent, which was expected for me since it was Lex centric. Next week's however looks like standard season four fare.

~Kat
TheCheshireKitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2005, 10:20 PM
Extreme Fan

I've seen it now, and I must say that this was one of the most fabulous Smallville episodes ever.
MissShannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread