Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-01-2005, 01:24 PM
Absolute Fan

Smallville 4x12 "Pariah" Episode Discussion

Pariah

Clark (Tom Welling) has big concerns after his new girlfriend, Alicia (guest star Sarah Carter) becomes the prime suspect in a brutal attack against Lana (Kristin Kreuk) and Jason (Jensen Ackles). Clark initially defends Alicia, but when the evidence begins to pile up he is forced to take a hard truthful look at the situation. Hurt by Clark's actions, Alicia forces Clark to unknowingly reveal his powers in front of Chloe (Allison Mack). Meanwhile, Jason's mother (guest star Jane Seymour) returns to town with an offer for Lex (Michael Rosenbaum).

Trailer

Preview scene from Pariah:
T1 and above (300K)
DSL/Cable (100K)
Dial-up (56K)
*clip links courtesy of Kryptonsite

I wanted to start this for those who want to squee early.

SQUEE!
Old 02-01-2005, 01:59 PM
Part-Time Fan

I'll squee early with you Candy! SQUEE!!!

I'm SO excited for this ep... though I'm trying not to get my hopes up too high. I can't wait to see that karaoke scene with Chloe and Lois! So funny.
Old 02-01-2005, 11:46 PM
Elite Fan

I hate that The WB makes the promo like "Who does he reveal it to?" but then posts who it is on the website.

What kind of logic is that?!

kenny | credit

Last edited by smoothaise; 02-02-2005 at 12:49 AM
smoothaise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2005, 07:25 AM
Ultimate Fan

Logic and the WB are strangers. I've learned to accept that.

But as for me, I knew before they even posted their blasted spoiler-filled description because I don't care about being spoiled. I'm hella excited, to be sure, but I'm kind of wary to see what TPTB do with the story line. I just hope they don't do anything...like them. I hope they're smart for once and make Chloe the "romance" Clark was supposed to have this season.

Janine || [ @FF.net ] [ @AO3.org ] [ @WP.com ]
sumiregusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2005, 10:37 AM
Elite Fan

Your a Chlark, Janine?

Yeah, Im kinda hoping that too. Hopefully, he won't break her broken heart anymore.

kenny | credit
smoothaise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2005, 05:50 PM
Ultimate Fan

I watched the vid... Lois and Chloe doing karaoke! I love it!

Yeah, dissapointed that they revealed it in the WB blurb. I thought it was going to be a big surprise, I was kind of excited. So I read the blurb and there goes that.

Though I do like that it's Chloe. She deserves it and I think it will make an interesting dynamic between her and Clark.

"I know who you are..."

"It's all fun and games 'till one of you gets my foot up your ass."
Cruel Irony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2005, 06:53 PM
Total Fan

I squeee earlier too ! I love the scene !!!

Chloe and Lois are good singers .

*LOL*

Livejournal
Fred Pryce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2005, 06:56 PM
Ultimate Fan

Alicia's... dead? That's it?

NO!

Here's my thought process... "She's gonna be okay, right? Right? RIGHT? WHY ISN'T SHE WAKING UP?!"

Man. Just when I started to like her too.

"I know who you are..."

"It's all fun and games 'till one of you gets my foot up your ass."
Cruel Irony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2005, 07:04 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Omg, what a heartbreaking episode! I knew it wasn't Alicia, though, I knew it! And omg, she's dead, that is so messed up! And I loved Lois's advice to Chloe & how Chloe followed through w/it, & didn't let Clark know she found out, that's so amazing! I LOVE SMALLVILLE!
goodbreakingbad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2005, 07:04 PM
Loyal Fan

Ok well I have known about Chloe for awhile so it is nothing to me. This ep. was good. I have to say that Clark finding Alicia hanging in the barn was heartbreaking. He really cared about her and it was really hard for him not to choke that guy to death. I knew it was him from the beginning. Not a very good FOTW but what can you say it wasn't the main focus of the ep.

So some beef that I had with this ep. Everyone was really quick to judge Alicia. And in the end, when she ends up dead, only a certain few express their remorse or even admit they were wrong to judge her. It didn't really help that his parents never really had his back. Their attempts to console in the end were weak. They really could have done alot better than that. And nothing from Jason and Lana. I think a major apology is owed from them. And the relationship with Jason and Lana doesn't seem to go anywhere. In fact, other than getting attacked by FOTW's, I don't really know Lana's purpose on this show anymore.

Surprise, surprise, Chloe finds out Clark's secret. That was quite the reaction. Now she is caught between a rock and a hard case, to tell or not to tell. Eventually she has to come clean and let him know she knows. Laying the subtle hints at the end there, nice. Either he is going to catch on to the fact that she knows or he is just going to decide to open up and tell her one of these days.

I hope that we find out what Mrs. Teague's role is soon. I am tired of beating around the bush. I am pretty sure she got Lionel out of prison but for what? And what game is she trying to play with Lana and Jason? Now there is an alliance against her of Lex and Jason. This should be interesting. Can they survive five minutes in eachother's presence without giving into the urge to kill the other? Anyways, next week looks interesting. I look forward to seeing Chris Carmack's appearance.

Matt Goss' New album Coming Soon

Everything Is Numb3rs
Wildcat492002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2005, 07:08 PM
Obsessed Fan

There were things about this episode that was really good, and then there were things that absolutely made me angry...

It didn't surprise me that they killed off Alicia. She was a good character and was someone I actually really, really liked with Clark, so no surprise there. I did love Clark's emotions toward her. I actually believe that he loved her. Clark seemed so very real with her - it made me feel for him as a character. I hate to say it, but a lot of times Clark leaves me cold. But with Alicia, he didn't. I'll miss that.

It really bugs me how much TPTB seperate Lex from all of the other characters. He never has any interaction with them. I understand at this point he's supposed to be 'turning', but I've always thought that the writers were stupid not to have given him a closer relationship with Clark as well as some of the other characters throughout the course of the show, because the impact of him turning would be more powerful in regard to said characters. This episode only reminded me of my feelings on that.

Clark's parents are never really on my good side, but they've driven me to the brink of insanity over the past two episodes.

I honestly at this point don't care about Jason or the Lana/Jason relationship. I want more Lex screen time. Lois didn't even do much for me in this episode.

Loved the Chloe and Clark/Alicia stuff tonight. I actually found myself wishing we could have a Lex, Alicia, Clark and Chloe show. Everyone else bugged me to no end.

I wish Alicia had been a regular character. I liked her THAT much.

~Kat
TheCheshireKitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2005, 08:20 PM
Ultimate Fan

THE GOOD

-Chloe finally finding out about Clark
-Lex being...Lex. His scene with Genevieve was very saucy, I think they have good chemistry. She was wanting to be Mrs. Robinson in that scene.

THE BAD

-Alicia just up and dying like that...I think it was very abrupt and badly handled. I felt bad for her, and especially for Clark for having to find her like that and just deal with it.
-Clark's parents being useless and judgmental
-Like TheCheshireKitten said, no one really apologizing for wrongly accusing Alicia and then not even really caring that she died

All in all, it's a step towards the future, but the ep was very grim and annoying for some reason. 7/10, I guess.

Janine || [ @FF.net ] [ @AO3.org ] [ @WP.com ]
sumiregusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2005, 08:31 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCheshireKitten
There were things about this episode that was really good, and then there were things that absolutely made me angry...

I wish Alicia had been a regular character. I liked her THAT much.
Couldn't agree more. Actually your whole post was right on!

First off, what a emotionally charged episode. Next week with the previews...what do we get, back to smallville regular scheduled programming...I can't stand that. If you're going to stay dark with the show, STAY dark for a while. None of this up and down, toying with emotions of characters and they're supposed to be fine the next episode! The consistancy of Smallville has been poor so far this season.

Clark and Alicia. Great scenes once again. Sarah Carter just brings out a side of Tom Welling on screen that nobody else who has been romantically liked with him has been able to. I don't know what it is. They just have "it...or "had it"...b/c they managed to once again kill someone else Clark was good with. Hint Kyla from season2 I don't like TPTB just "getting the women" in Clark's life not having first name initial of "L" out! For once, can't Clark be truly happy with someone and in a relationship. Hasn't he earned that? I know his destiny as a superhero is to "live alone and protect his secret" but we aren't in the Superman Era yet. This is Smallville. Not Superman. So why not? What could be so bad about having Alicia stick around? I guess I just feel bad for Clark as a character.

Wildcat492002...I agree with you about Lana/Jason and the whole appology deal. Yeah, what's up with that? Those two were just hateful toward Clark, esp. Lana. Now I dislike her even more. She got on my nerves before, but at least she was nice to Clark...now she's been nothing short of hateful towards the person who saved her life numerous times in the past. Granted she doesn't know him, but I have a feeling even if she did know...she'd focuse on "why didn't you tell me part" rather than say "thank you Clark!"

Lex was once again isolated and in his castle. No Lionel? Perhaps Lex locked him the guest house and swallowed the door key

Was it just me or was Jason's mom taking a pass on Lex? That's just gross...I'm sure the woman has needs but come on. It'll be interesting to see what happens with that side of the storyline. The best scene that Jason has had in a while...with Lex at the end. Was it surprising that it was a scene not involving Lana? It's nice to have Jason there as something more than Lana's boy toy. Give the man a story! So maybe TPTB have finally realized that Jensen is a good actor and can give his character a much needed boost if given proper material to act with.
BTW, Michael Rosenbaum was terrific in those scenes. Nothing new of course

The scene with Chloe and Lois at the end in the torch was excellent. Exceptionally written dialogue and great chemistry between the both AM and ED made it a great scene. I like how much Lois loves Chloe and the fact that they are bringing them closer together. That's what family is all about right Unless you're the Luthors

The Kents! ODG, someone just lock them up in the cellar and let that be the end of it! Can they be more annoying than they are right now? I know they care about Clark, but the way they've been going lately...I can't wait till next year when Clark will be away from them at Met U.

It's nice to have Sheriff Adams back. I've missed her remarks towards Clark

The Cousins singing together. Just Priceless Lois brings out a fun side out of Chloe that Lana never could. Why did Chloe say that Lana is her best friend still? Hummm...hopefully that'll change

OK...I'll be back with my main thoughts later. Got a lot to get off my chest...but I have to say I give Tom Welling's acting a very high grade once again. That's two episodes in a row! Tom's on a roll

Alex

The Dark is generous, and it's patient, and it always wins - but in the heart of it's strength lies weakness; one lone candle is enough to hold it back.
Love is more than a candle.
Love can ignite the stars.
Alexander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2005, 10:25 PM
Elite Fan

I knew something would happen to Alicia, I KNEW it! There was no way she could get off the show without dying, because how else would Alicia disappear from Clark's life? So, they just shrugged and killed her off, with no one caring but Clark. ARGH!! Alicia was my favorite female character on the show while she was on... so disappointing. Clark has (or had, in this sense) more chemistry with her than with all the other girls combined, if you ask me.

Lana proved once again to be heartless... I can't stand her one bit... I wish she would move to Paris and be done with it, she has no purpose and no life. Even Jason, though they struggle to bring him an actual role in the show, seems to be just clutter in the cast.

I miss seeing Lex more; the Mrs. Teague thing is waaaay too slow; and Clark's parents are becoming some of the worst characters on the show. Their parts are becoming dryer and weaker as the show progresses.
barbeegurl00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2005, 11:20 PM
Extreme Fan

I'm so glad that Chloe knows the truth!

I loved the way she reacted. Clark had nothing to worry about. He could have told Chloe the truth and she would have accepted him.

Lana/Jason- I just hated them both tonight. They were heartless.

Lois- I'm glad she's back.
*Elle* is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread