Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-27-2005, 10:12 PM
Elite Fan

I don't know why most people seemed to dislike this ep so much. I LOVED it. It was better (and especially more interesting) than some of the earlier ones this season. A lot of people have been mentioning the way the new season has been lacking in good material so far, but I do think this one is one of the best so far.

I don't know why, but I really like Alicia. She's a freak, I know, but she honestly cares about Clark, and she took a bullet for him to protect his secret. They have great on-screen chemistry, more than Lana (yuk) and Chloe, I must say, ever since season 2 (season 1 had some towards the end, but we all know how that went). Clark's not interesting in Chloe in that way, and he can't force himself to. Anyway, it's so nice to have Clark be able to share his secret with Alicia so openly... I think they're adorable together. That's just my thoughts.

About Lana and Jason... I don't know why but they're so BORING to watch! I know they've been trying to spice things up between the two of them, but even that's not doing it for me. I just don't see the chemistry at all, and Lana's just become a complete filler in the show.
barbeegurl00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2005, 10:20 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcat492002
The Kents reaction to the whole thing with Clark and Alicia was short lived, which I think could have been drawn out a little more. I mean Jonathan never makes an appearance in that conversation. And for once, the red kryptonite card was not being bought. I guess they are tired of hearing that as an excuse for everything he does wrong.
I thought the parents overreacted. I would think thye, above anyone, would understand the suceptability Clark has to redk. But oh well...

Those scenes with Clark and Alicia had me needing a cold shower...

~Belle
Old 01-27-2005, 11:36 PM
Master Fan

I loved tonights episode. I'm in the minority but I'd trade Chloe and Lois for Alicia any day. I adored her scenes last night. Tom and Sarah have amazing chemistry, yea I'm a dork I cried at the end.

I swear, if Chloe finds out Clarks secret, I will put my fist through my TV. I never liked Chloe and don't see what everyone loves about her, she's just too boring.
shiftmyshape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2005, 09:43 AM
Elite Fan

Alright... scene by scene breakdown time!

- Okay... Clark is officially gay. Turning down girls and hot tubs? Tsk. Tsk.

- "A girl would have to be crazy to date me, mom" Hee.

- Welcome back Alicia. You always go quietly sneaking into people's lofts?

- Oooh. Continuity... Clark actually remembers something!

- Lead? Isn't that like deadly to be being released into her blood?

- "In my darkest moment, you gave me hope, Clark." Bring on the cheese!

- Bell Reeve actually do something right? That's funny Clark. Damn he is quick to believe she might not be a psycho... why doesn't he forgive other people that quickly.

- Chloe yay! Chloe not seeming the list bit bothered by Clark clearly wanting Alicia - double yay!

- Lana in white. Has she ever worn white? It seemed weird. The Jalana interaction - Hmm.

- The ice skating bit was cute. I'm so overly sick of the song that was played though. And Clark doesn't understand squat so he needs to stop saying that he does.

- Ew. Freak stalker doctor.

- "There you are, I thought I lost you." Ugh. Cheesy. Shut up Clark, just shut up. I like that song though. Cali eh? That's pretty far. And he really wants her? What? She's been back in his life like a day. God he is sad.

- She knows about the RedK... wha? When did that happen. Damn she still has that obsession problem going for her.

- The MB is full of it. I don't buy he's a changed man and if so... tptb stink. "So what, now trying to kill me is going to be a full time job?" Heh. I love Lex. "So now your the messiah." Snerk. Gotta love those Luthor exchanges.

- Now, I liked that they brought back Alicia, but I can't stand barely any of these scenes so far. God, that necklace is ugly. And that music, and the Clark face zoom... so gotta go.

- Hee. Chloe/Lana interaction. Lana honey, please don't seem so insulted... your not ready. And dude! Hello! Of course everybody thinks he was getting some nookie. Under the age of 18. Isn't Lana already 18?

- Chloe! But wait, aren't these two supposed to be liek best friends... and Lana doesn't know. Gotta love tptb.

- Jimmy. They love teasing us with these kinds of things... there's no way it could be that Jimmy, unless they really want to ignore canon ages...

- They must have cut out the spoiled Clanage part of the conversation. Good. Cause it would have seemed pretty pointless to shove Clana down our thoughts when he's trying to shove Clark junior in Alicia.

- Heee. Love that song. One of my favorites. But totally not a macking song.

- "I'm not sure that's one of my abilities, but I'll do my best." *snort* Love Red!Clark. Now I'm starting to like the Calicia scenes... there kinda hot. Though ugh to the wedding crap. Can't they just keep making out?

- Heh. "Let's make it official" Oh Clark... give ya some red and your suddenly a ladies man.

- Uh Lana... so not sexy. The leg showing is start... but the shirt killed it. And I think she might have over done it on the candles. "... got your message, sounded like an emergancy" WHAT the hell did she say? And he's totally clueless... I guess he's seen her legs before. I love KK/JA's acting here. She's definately showing the vunerablity well and his facial expressions... right on.

- He stopped her.

- So his mommy is a psycho. Great to know. Aw, he looks like he's about to cry or something. And damn, KK is pretty short next to JA... she's standing on her tippy toes to hug him. Does this mean there back together?

- Dude. I'm sick of music... though I do like tihs song too. And um... hot yo. Wooo. Are we still watching the WB? I'm a little surprised. "I love you." "I know how you feel." Heh. Wow. He looked freakin horrified. Damn.

- God I hate that doctor. Aw, she got shot for him. I suppose that was... sweet? Loving? I dunno. The secret! Alright I guess psycho wins a few points.

- Aw, he actually did want her. And she's sorry. Now it's kinda sad. Or something. Geez... again, she's been back in his life a few days and there practically in love.

- Ah, again with luthor exchanges... just, just love them.

- Geez, Martha and Jonathan need to get over it. There acting a bit out of character. And her asking Why? Is she stupid? Dude. Insane.

- Ah! A tear! A freakin tear! TW finally learned how to act.

- Aw, this scene is actually sweet. "And I just wanted you to know that for as long as I live i'm never going to reveal your secret."... until next week. Aww, she cries, he hugs. Yeah fine, it was a good scene. And that dude singing sound was similiar to John Mayer.

Um. So yeah. Good episode. Had a couple bad moments but it was a decent. But screw that cause next week looks to be ten times better.
If you love someone you gotta make a sound
HIMYM 10 YEARS
Mysteria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2005, 02:03 PM
Elite Fan

I do think the Kents overreacted to the marriage news. Firstly, it wasn't even legal. But most of all, they seemed to find this more frustrating then the summer Clark ran out on them - and all his friends - for months, went to Metropolis and became a thief, etc. etc. Both instances he was on red K... How is this one so much worse?
Old 01-28-2005, 06:28 PM
Elite Fan

I loved this episode. I thought it was funny as hell, in a over the top way.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainstorm18
I thought the wedding scene was hilarious and he looked real sexy when they were on their honeymoon in the hotel room.
Their Vegas apartment scenes were very hot. They have amazing chemistry.
And I thought they were cute on a date earlier. I loved how relaxed Clark was with Alicia. How he heated that chocolate, and little things like that.
Too much cheese at moments, but nice scenes with those two.

The thing I loved most though - Lex and Lionel scenes. Lex trying not to burst out laughing when Lionel was going on and on about good he wants to do. Priceless!

Chloe and Jimmy? Woo hoo! You go girl!
Although what was up with Chloe being perfectly OK with Clark dating his ex-stalker? And with advice to Lana I got the 'I'm more mature then the rest of you' vibe coming from Chloe.

Lana and Jason - Like everyone else at school up until 'Spell' I also thought they already slept together. But since they haven't, I can understand how she took his comments about 'that kind of relationship' and thought he meant sex.
She was so insecure in that last scene. Good thing that Jason stopped her.

I agree with those who think Kents overreacted to the marriage news. Geez, it's not like he killed anyone. The yelling and the tears. Chill Martha.

Thanks for the pictures Alex! Love them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysteria
- Okay... Clark is officially gay. Turning down girls and hot tubs? Tsk. Tsk.
I thought the same thing!
Quote:
"A girl would have to be crazy to date me, mom"
Hee!
Quote:
"So what, now trying to kill me is going to be a full time job?"
"So now your the messiah."
Best scene of the episode!
Old 01-28-2005, 09:42 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike it up

Their Vegas apartment scenes were very hot. They have amazing chemistry.
And I thought they were cute on a date earlier. I loved how relaxed Clark was with Alicia. How he heated that chocolate, and little things like that.
Too much cheese at moments, but nice scenes with those two.

Omg, I thought that was one of the HOTTEST scenes ever, I actually loved it, lol. Clark was so friggin' F-I-N-E, I have been watching that over & over, lol.
goodbreakingbad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2005, 12:41 AM
Passionate Fan

I really like Alicia and Sarah Carter (since Black Sash, heh). She's a really interesting character and she obviously loves Clark. And wow, do TW and SC not have the hottest sexual chemistry ever. Gotta love the long cold shower-worthy make-out scenes. But, coupled with the fact she's just a guest star and the fact that she's psycho, I predict it all going to hell really soon (re: next episode. heh). Which is really too bad because I prefer Alicia over the other girls and it definately wouldn't suck to see Sarah Carter on my tv screen every week.

*sigh* Lionel, you are completely full of crap but I love you. Enjoyed the Lex/Lionel interaction. Can't wait to see where the storyline goes.

Tom Welling cried! For the first time in about 3.5 years. And there were tears! Not sure if they were real but let's pretend to make me happy.

I really liked that episode for some reason. Maybe it's just because I wish Sarah Carter was my hot lesbian girlfriend. *tear*
Old 01-29-2005, 03:52 AM
Elite Fan

I like Sarah Carter's character, too. Too bad it won't last...

It's about time Clark cried!!
Old 01-31-2005, 02:11 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbeegurl00
I do think the Kents overreacted to the marriage news. Firstly, it wasn't even legal. But most of all, they seemed to find this more frustrating then the summer Clark ran out on them - and all his friends - for months, went to Metropolis and became a thief, etc. etc. Both instances he was on red K... How is this one so much worse?
Lol exactly! They completely overreacted! I liked this episode and I love it when we get the bad Clark he's so hot I thought this episode was fun. Lana was a bit pathetic. Next episode looks great!

Of course it is happening inside your head, but why on earth should that mean it is not real?
Buttacup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2005, 06:21 AM
Elite Fan

Wow, I finally get around to posting some thoughts...I hate it when RL gets in the way

First, I'm so glad they brought Alicia back! Sarah Carter and Tom Welling had excellent on screen chemistry in "Obsession"...and I'm all for "bringing back" the FOTW's b/c it gives the show more depth and credibility when it comes to their "vilans". Of course Alicia wasn't a "vilan" in this episode, but you know what I mean

Sarah Carter did an amazing job once again. IMO, she is a very likable character. Tom Welling and her just seem to "click" when they have emotional scenes together...and they definitely seem to "click" during the make out scenes How lucky is Tom...gets to make out for like half the episode with one very beautiful woman...and get paid for it!

I didn't like the whole Parents/Clark guilt trip part of the episode. Jonathan's really seen his role just "disappear" lately. I feel bad for John Schneider, b/c he's a capable actor and dedicated to the show. Martha's speech near the end of the episode was so "papa don't preach". It made me at Martha and say...you do realize your son is almost an adult now...maybe loosen the reigns a little! Let Clark make his own decisions, trust his judgement and when he makes some that are bad...let him learn from them...instead of lecturing him about it.

The Lex/Lionel scenes were right on. Michael and John both deliver, and by now they have the father/son relationship down good. I like that Lex is fencing again...it brought back Pilot Flashbacks from season1 So Lionel is staying at the guest house. That will be interesting

The Jason/Lana scenes...wow, I really liked Jensen Ackles as Alec on Dark Angel...but so far on Smallville...his character isn't nearly developed and as viewers we have no emotional investment in him at all. Personally, I wouldn't even notice if he wasn't on the show right now?! Lana...well...she got on my nerves in this episode. I thought she was supposed to be "changed"? Where is this "new Lana"? Other than being mean to Clark all season long and distaned from Lex and Chloe there hasn't been much "new" Lana. Did we count the new style? No, but it takes more than a new wardrobe to make a new character. In this episode, she was willing to have sex with Jason, which made her look desperate and needy. I don't want to hear about "she loves Jason"...b/c that isn't a reason to be desperate and needy. Have some guts Lana, to tell him to shove it, and don't be willing to give away the farm so your bf will continue to date you. I would have liked to see a stronger Lana, one that wouldn't have went after Jason...and instead would have had Jason come after her. That would have been nice. Oh well, still have ways to go this season, maybe Lana will "change" eventually. I have to say I enjoyed the apparent lack of Clana in "Unsafe". It made me actually like the whole episode...b/c lately, when they have scenes together...it makes me want to turn the channel to ABC and learn what all the fuss is about...Lost

Chloe's not a virgin. That was a twist...at least to all who aren't spoiled
I did like her speech. Well written, and I'm glad the writers didn't make her out to be some kind of a closet "****". Only one guy...I can live with that
I also thought it was fitting that Allison Mack did the public service annoucement at the end...although, I do have a bone to pick with Smallville...when Christopher Reeve passed away all he got was a 5 sec. tribute...and this "sex annoucement" gets three times that? Not good.

OK...now to the good stuff. Clark and Alicia. Even though the plot regarding her coming back and all the way through the end had a lot of "holes"...the chemistry between them made up for it all. I did like the writting, the dialogue between them...first in the barn/ice rink...then I loved it when Clark said "Hell Yes" right infront of the minister...and their honeymoon suite scene was both hot and funny! Sarah was so incredibly gorgeous in her wedding dress I wonder how many takes it took Tom to get that scene right.... In the hospital, after Alicia got shot...when Clark said "I wanted you with or without that ring"; Alicia "Past tense noted"... but excellent stuff, they didn't make the scene too mushy b/c it wasn't time for that. Last scene, when Alicia came to see Clark...My favorite scene in the entire episode. When Clark told Alicia to wait and came down to give her a hug....it made my day! Clark is finally growing up. In the past he would have let her walk out, no doubt...but he's realizing that if you think something's worth saving, you have to work for it...sometimes really hard...you have to make decisions that others won't like...but you have to listen to your heart most of all. Tom Welling was all heart in that scene. Good job, I'm tired of people referring to his acting as "wooden". If you can do a better job, you do it Sarah Carter brought just the right amount of emotion to the scene herself...she cried, but it was the kind of crying that had me going "wow, this is from the heart"...and it made me feel that Clark has to give her another chance.

Well, I give this episode 4 out of 5 stars. A great way to get us back on track. Next week is going to be huge! Can't wait

Alex

The Dark is generous, and it's patient, and it always wins - but in the heart of it's strength lies weakness; one lone candle is enough to hold it back.
Love is more than a candle.
Love can ignite the stars.
Alexander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2005, 08:59 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strifer
How lucky is Tom...gets to make out for like half the episode with one very beautiful woman...and get paid for it!
I think you meant to say "How lucky is Sarah to get to make out with Tom?" Good Lord, I about passed out. Tom is just overall SEXY. His body is so lickable. I have to agree with you though when you said that they have a good chrmistry, I think they do. Even though I am still a Clana shipper, I think Sarah and Tom did a great job together.
Congrats Kasey Kahne #9
2005 Chevy American Revolution 400 Nextel Cup Champion

Welcome To The O.C. Bitch
+*~*+SASHA+*~*+ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2005, 08:13 PM
Obsessed Fan

I must say I like Clark and Alicia as a couple. A lot. They're one of the few 'official' couples (romantic wise) on the show that I think have actual chemistry and depth. I really wouldn't mind them being a couple in the slightest bit.

Is it just me, or has Lex been underused this season? Blah...

Chloe and Jimmy! That was priceless.

~Kat
TheCheshireKitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2005, 10:42 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCheshireKitten
I must say I like Clark and Alicia as a couple. A lot. They're one of the few 'official' couples (romantic wise) on the show that I think have actual chemistry and depth.

Is it just me, or has Lex been underused this season? Blah...
Complete agree on the "chemistry" between Clark/Alicia. Sarah Carter brings out a side of Tom Welling that Kristin just couldn't do throughout seasons 1-3.

It's not you. Lex has been underused, so have the Kents. It's b/c they brought Lois Lane to the show, and moved Lana in her own "part of town" mainly interacting with Jason and Chloe. She hasn't had hardly any scenes with Lex, and with Lionel in prison for the first 8 episodes it made it hard to have the "father/son" relationship evolve. We got one Lex-centric episode in the first half of the season. I'm very optimistic that we get more Lex/Lionel esp. now that he's out of prison and living in the guest house of the mantion. It's really a shame, b/c John Glover and Michael Rosenbaum are the two best actors on the show IMO.

Alex

The Dark is generous, and it's patient, and it always wins - but in the heart of it's strength lies weakness; one lone candle is enough to hold it back.
Love is more than a candle.
Love can ignite the stars.
Alexander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2005, 03:19 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCheshireKitten
I must say I like Clark and Alicia as a couple. A lot. They're one of the few 'official' couples (romantic wise) on the show that I think have actual chemistry and depth. I really wouldn't mind them being a couple in the slightest bit.
Whole epi I was repeating "Can we keep her?!". Clark, even without RedK, is fun with her. She brings out the best in him. As seen in that last scene.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strifer
I'm very optimistic that we get more Lex/Lionel esp. now that he's out of prison and living in the guest house of the mantion. It's really a shame, b/c John Glover and Michael Rosenbaum are the two best actors on the show IMO.
I couldn't agree more. And I so hope you're right about more screen time.