Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 10-20-2004, 10:28 AM
Addicted Fan

Smallville 4x05 "Run" Episode Discussion

4x05 - "RUN"
Clark attempts to track down Bart Allen, a thief who stole Jonathan's wallet, but he's faster than Clark. Later, Bart arrives at the farm to make amends. Lex buys a manuscript with Kryptonian symbols, and Clark discovers that it contains a hidden map to one of the Kryptonian stones. When Bart steals the manuscript, he inadvertently puts Clark's life in danger and must make the decision to save Clark or himself.

  

Last edited by eternalfate; 11-01-2016 at 07:12 PM
JediBlastoise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2004, 12:10 PM
Elite Fan

first of all, i think this season is great so far. and this isn't the first interesting episode. they've all been good up to this point. this is the first turning point episode, probably.

my favorite line in the promo is when tom welling with this hard demeanor replies "I can blink pretty fast!"

kenny | credit
smoothaise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2004, 12:53 PM
Obsessed Fan

The Flash looks like he's going to be a great character.

~Kat
TheCheshireKitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2004, 02:02 PM
Absolute Fan

Thanks for starting the thread JediBlastoise

I can't wait to see Run... Flash is just so cute in that jailbait sorta way If they write him well, there may be potential for a spinoff.

.: l LJ l :. .: l Icon Journal l :.

"Most people bring a coffee- he brought a ******* machine gun!"

*Sugi* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2004, 09:11 PM
Absolute Fan

I'd really love to have Chloe find out about Flash's abilities (it looks like he may have a bit of a Chloe-crush, with bringing her a flower and all). Maybe it would give her an idea about that whooshing sound Clark makes before he disappears.
Old 10-20-2004, 11:34 PM
Obsessed Fan

I think he'd be an interesting character to base a show around...

~Kat
TheCheshireKitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2004, 11:47 PM
Absolute Fan

Teaser- Eek! I love this kid! He's a little brat, but an adorable one. How great is it to save someone's life and steal their wallet at the same time? Hee. And his cocky little smirk when he sees everything in slow motion (or suuuuuuper slow motion) was very cutesome.

-"Just let me talk to Chloe..." She's his right hand gal again, yay! That's the way it's supposed to be.

-I like Martha as a businesswoman...they're finally giving AOT something more than "Bo and Clark, are you okay?"

-Jason/Lana- Noooooooooooo. Not another "no more secrets" relationship. Jeez Lana, hypocrite much?

-"Hey Clark, what took you so long?" HEE! Love this kid! Can he stay forever, please? Give the boy a spinoff, WB! And let Chloe go with him! Imagine the snark! She can be a slightly older sister figure!

-The boy recognizes the greatness of Chloe...he's miles ahead of our other pre-superhero in his taste in women .

-Clex scene....blah blah blah boring mythologycakes.

-Is the hypocrisy of Clark giving lectures about not stealing while planning to steal from his friend lost on anyone at all?

-Lois is gone so now Lex has to step in and take over as Kung-fu king? What is it with these LL people and their freakish kung-fu powers? Chloe, Pete, Whitney, not even Clark fight/fought like that. The initials LL must carry magic karate chop action with them.

-Ewwww, Kentrent flirting and macking. Ew, blech, gag.

-Yay, good girl, Lana. You know, I really do like you these days. You're honest and funny and cute and only about 2% as annoying as you used to be. Please stay like this.

-Bah, not nearly enough Chloe in this one. Even though she did look beautiful in her one scene.

-Justice league reference! squee!

-Awwwwww, perfect ending. Really, quite beautiful. Best ending in a loooooooooong time. Best episode in a long time, really. Yay, good job, PTB! That was a winner. Also, let me repeat: Give Bart him own show. He could totally carry one. And I'd totally watch it.

See? It's episodes like this that really make me love my show.

Next week: Lionel is a hornball with a thing for teenage girls! And all the Chloe/Lionel fans cheer! Sigh, if Chloe gets ANOTHER broken heart b/c "Clark" leads her on then real Clark denies her, I will hurt TPTB. Maim them, even.

Last edited by Candygirl; 10-20-2004 at 11:53 PM
Candygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2004, 12:09 AM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Candygirl
-"Hey Clark, what took you so long?" HEE! Love this kid! Can he stay forever, please? Give the boy a spinoff, WB!
I loved The Flash! He was so charismatic to be so young...

Quote:
-The boy recognizes the greatness of Chloe...he's miles ahead of our other pre-superhero in his taste in women .
Precisely...WAKE UP, Clark. For someone with ungodly good looks, the Maker coulda blessed you with some better brains.

Quote:
-Lois is gone so now Lex has to step in and take over as Kung-fu king? What is it with these LL people and their freakish kung-fu powers? Chloe, Pete, Whitney, not even Clark fight/fought like that. The initials LL must carry magic karate chop action with them.
You know! I mean seriously...where do these guys train?!

Quote:
-Bah, not nearly enough Chloe in this one. Even though she did look beautiful in her one scene.
I was reading Classic Chlark fic today...Chloe was looking foine...not fine, FOINE.

Quote:
-Justice league reference! squee!
I noticed it too! Go Cartoon Network!!!

Quote:
Next week: Lionel is a hornball with a thing for teenage girls! And all the Chloe/Lionel fans cheer! Sigh, if Chloe gets ANOTHER broken heart b/c "Clark" leads her on then real Clark denies her, I will hurt TPTB. Maim them, even.
May I join you?

Yeah, I have nothing else to add, except, while I like AuthoritativeFatherly!Clark as well as the next Tom fan, LightheartedSnarky!Clark is much more appreciated. More scenes with Chloe please!

Janine || [ @FF.net ] [ @AO3.org ] [ @WP.com ]
sumiregusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2004, 12:27 AM
Loyal Fan

Damn this ep was good. I liked the inclusion of the flash. The kid was a little smart @$$ but the actor who played him did a really good job. I liked the pairing with Clark. I think it definitely gave Clark some insight to his own life and how he has been living it. Who knows maybe the flash will revisit Smallville sometime.

Let's see what else was good. I am happy to see that Clark and Lex are working on their friendship again. But when Clark got caught in the room with the alarms all I could think was damn, this is not helping things. It is kinda funnny. I think that the only reason that the friendship is surviving is so that eachone can keep a close eye and what the other is up to. But will see how far it goes.

I find the whole Lana thing interesting. At first she was not into telling Jason about the tattoo and then she comes clean. I am not sure that tellling him makes the relationship better or her just more certifiable. One has to start wondering now where the whole story behind the tattoo is going? Anyways next week is definitely going to be good. It will be interesting to see Tom play Lionel.

Matt Goss' New album Coming Soon

Everything Is Numb3rs
Wildcat492002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2004, 01:10 AM
Addicted Fan

OMGtheFLASHissooooooADORABLE! I want to eat him with a spoon. LOVED him. The best "freak" on the show, bar none. He took Ryan's place, that's for sure.

As for the promo's next week? Bring. It. On. Tom Welling as Lionel Luthor?

Icon by wicked_one
Jamie Witter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2004, 01:19 AM
Obsessed Fan

I loved this episode. I love the Flash. The actor that played him did an amazing job. I loved the Justice League reference.

It's cool how he got Clark to loosen up - especially how he convinced him to run to Miami. I wish I could do that...

I agree that this episode made me proud to love this show. I loved the ending especially. Very fitting, very sweet, very everything good, etc, etc., etc.

Yeah, I hope Flash comes back too.
Old 10-21-2004, 02:18 AM
Master Fan

I don't know if anyone realized this, but I don't think the character in Run was The Flash or Kid Flash. I thought Bart, heir to Barry Allen was Impulse...

Aside from that I thought the episode was great. I was entertained at how well Lex just karate chopped the guy. Really opened a nice can of it and put my Shaolin skills to shame. I do think that Flash/Kid Flash/Impulse/Whoever he is was a good depiction of most people in the Flash lineage. I liked the personality because it suited Bart quite well. Um I was just wondering about that Impulse thing because I'm a comic nerd and all that.

Justice League reference! Many Flash references. Gave me the happies.
Endless Rain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2004, 04:02 AM
Addicted Fan

impulse and kidflash are both bart allen. he starts out as impulse but then later changes to kid flash.

i found it cool how all of bart's fake id's had the names of the old flash people: wally west, Jay garrick, Barry allen. i also like how they make his super speed different looking than clark's. it looks cooler...more "flashy". hehe
the opening scene was cool too how the truck is going into johnathan and you see bart in the mirror then not there.

best episode so far.
JediBlastoise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2004, 04:15 AM
Extreme Fan

I think the other episodes this season have been good as well, but this was one of the better ones. I am hating this whole naming the promos though "Kryp Tuck" "Thirst" etc.

Before seeing this episode I wasn't excited because I thought it was the same old "someone gets Clark's powers for a day" ep, which has been one 2 or 3 times at least now...... but I didn't realize until seeing a good amount of the episode that this was a real comic character, so that is very different, and was good.

I don't know the comics well, or the real names of a lot of characters, but now I get who he was from the ep and looking at a bit online
Old 10-21-2004, 02:42 PM
Absolute Fan

The Flash - Totally loved this episode and him in it.. Such a cute kid and it was nice to see Clark have someone to play with for a change. Loved the graphics. I also am loving the names though, it makes it more interesting to me... I hope he returns..

Kung Fu Lex - It's about time he took up for himself, but I wish that he wouldn't have went all kung fu

Chloe and The Flash - what a cute pair..

Is it sad that I am beginning to like Chloe better then Lana?

They said they were going to make Lana more independent this year, but my goodness, can we say BIOTCHHH! I mean the way she snapped at Jason, come on.. I like her better when she and Clark were pinning for eachother...

Martha and Johnathan are adorable..

Next week's hmnnn I do not like the Lana slap at all, it isn't like she hasn't ever kissed Clark under kryptonite. I just don't like her attitude this year.. but DAMNNN Tom looks delickable in the promo for next week

I would gladly play a FOTW to make out with Tom...
Congrats Kasey Kahne #9
2005 Chevy American Revolution 400 Nextel Cup Champion

Welcome To The O.C. Bitch
+*~*+SASHA+*~*+ is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread