Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-19-2004, 08:45 PM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by mr.simpatico
No. At the time of Superman I and for most of his comic history, Clark Kent's parents Jonathan and Martha were dead by the time he got to Metropolis. When the Superman comic was re-booted from scratch after the DC mega-event "Crisis on Infinite Earths" (in which ironically the original "Kara" was killed protecting her cousin), TPTB decided that in Clark's new origin the Kents would live so as to provide him from bedrock to go back to when he needed them and they play big roles in the comics today. That was in 1984 so its been 20 years since its been the status quo.
Okay then. Thanks

Janine || [ @FF.net ] [ @AO3.org ] [ @WP.com ]
sumiregusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2004, 08:59 PM
Moderator Support Team

I don't really post here, but I was really blown away by the season finale. I wasn't expecting much because quite frankly this season wasn't that great. I even read spoilers and everything, but I was still surprised.

I just want to say that Chloe is not dead. Allison Mack is coming back. She's still a regular and she's on the cast list for next season. She even said she'll be back for season 4. Chloe was just right inside the door when the explosion went off. She could and will survive. She's just going to be hurt badly. Her father's dead though. No question about that. Actually, I think this is a way of setting up Chloe/Lex next season. She'll probably end up moving in with him (you know after he digests that poison). Warms my shipper heart.

I have this theory that Lex falls in love with Chloe (and vice versa) and one day something happens and she ends up dying and Lex thinks Clark/Superman is responsible and completely turns over to the dark side. This whole season Lex kept saying how no one ever loved him and that's all he really wanted (and he vowed to protect Chloe before the whole brain frying) and I think the one time he really falls totally in love (with someone not evil), it's going to completely burn him.

Anyway, just wanted to say I loved the finale.
Old 05-19-2004, 09:00 PM
Obsessed Fan

That was crazy, I'm still realing from what happened, any possible thoughts on what could be happening?

Macrina was here...
thegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2004, 09:10 PM
New Fan

It was brought up on another board that possibly the whole ending sequence was all in Lionel's head--all things he wishes would happen, but they actually didn't.
Lacie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2004, 09:38 PM
Dedicated Fan

I didn't even think of that--but, the stuff involving Jor-El couldn't have been in Lionel's head. He knows alot, but not that much. Chloe, Lex--that could be in his head. They're always drugging Lex's scotch. he should learn to hide his liquor like normal alchoholics.
Old 05-19-2004, 10:03 PM
Absolute Fan

I remember Tom Welling saying that the cast of Smallville would be much smaller in season 4. I guess, Alison leaving wouldn't be such a shock, considering, she isn't really a main character, like Lana, Clark and Lex. I think it was a huge shock, that dropped everyone's jaws, but if she were to survive, that would be really dumb, considering, we SAW HER, walk in and the flames get her, with no Clark around to pull her out, unless it's a dream. I was beginning to like Chloe too, but oh well, this is a season finale, that will have me wondering.....

Lex, Clark, Lana, why do I smell a tangled web of deciet?

Lex, grabbing is throat and being poisoned, was too weird, we know Lex dosen't bite the big one and Lionel was plain creepy.

Anyways, I have to say thumbs up for the shocks, the twists and the questions, and NAKED TOM
Congrats Kasey Kahne #9
2005 Chevy American Revolution 400 Nextel Cup Champion

Welcome To The O.C. Bitch
+*~*+SASHA+*~*+ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2004, 10:33 PM
Elite Fan

I really was shocked. I read spoilers and still didn't see that coming. My jaw dropped when the house exploded and I couldn't hardly breath. I was just like....Chloe!Nooooooo!

I called my friend and was like, "they killed off chloe, they can't do that" and she really didn't care since she hates Smallville, but it was still very tramatic.

I don't think that Allison is leaving the show, she is still listed as returning next season on The WB's page whereas Sam Jones isn't. I'm pretty sure Allison herself said that she was contracted for Season Four. I'm speculating that Chloe and Lex set it up to look as if she and Gabe died. She'll return next season with a new identity(Lois Lane) and be in hiding until Lionel kicks off.

Nikki
Old 05-19-2004, 11:06 PM
Absolute Fan

Chloe returning as Lois though, would be too wierd.

I mean she would have to undergo cosmetic surgery to keep Lionel or anyone else recognizing her. I certainly hope that it does not happen that way and I hope that we never see Lois, considering Clark did not meet her until he was an adult working at the Daily Planet. So I hope that Lois does not come up anymore. Now i can see Chloe faking her death, but that was just to realistic for T.V I mean we saw her go in and it explode, so I don't understand that, but oh well..
Congrats Kasey Kahne #9
2005 Chevy American Revolution 400 Nextel Cup Champion

Welcome To The O.C. Bitch
+*~*+SASHA+*~*+ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2004, 12:28 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by The Fifth Element

>>CHLOE DIED? I really didn't see any windows of opportunity left open for the possibility that it in fact may not have been her body that was scorched by the rampant flames -- I saw it happen. So they'd have to pull something major out of their ass to rectify that situation.

Just like we saw it happen with Lex : we saw his plane crash in the middle of the atlantic ocean, and still, he survived !

I think she was only injured. Or it was a set up to make it look like Lionel's attempt succeeded. Or maybe it was Lionel imagining what he would do to Chloe if he was free.
xmag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2004, 02:45 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by ~*Nikki*~
I'm speculating that Chloe and Lex set it up to look as if she and Gabe died. She'll return next season with a new identity(Lois Lane) and be in hiding until Lionel kicks off.

I had always thought that idea was bogus(you can't just go 'OK my name is no longer Chloe, it is now Lois Lane' and be done with it), but the way you said it now really makes it seem as a possibility. I had always hoped that there would be someone new playing Lois Lane, so I never got attached to the idea of Clark/Lana or Clark/Chloe as a couple because I knew there would eventualy be a Lois so now I'm confused lol.

I like the friends turned lovers thing, as well as the whole boy loveing the girl from afar and then getting her thing too. But then again Chloe has sorta been reporter first with how she was investegating Clark and all that stuff and that kinda turned me off of her when she did that so...I don't know lol.

I was so confused last night lol. I'm like 'why are they showing Lionel getting a hair cut(I like the way he looks w/o the hair now btw lol) while everyone was dieing?' It wasn't until I came here that I realized that he was eather thinking about what he was going to do to them, or that what happened(and they through in the whole Martha thing to make us think that it was really happening). I can't wait until next season! (and I'm determined to finnaly read all the episodes I missed befor I started watching over the summer!)

Luke & Lor. | Dawson & Joey |Max & Liz | Harry & Hermione | George & Izzie
Imaginary_Immortal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2004, 03:17 AM
Obsessed Fan

That was one hell of a finale...can't really find anymore words other than those....

~Kat
TheCheshireKitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2004, 05:53 AM
Part-Time Fan

Well, I have to start by saying that the whole time they were shaving Lionel's head that I kept thinking that John Glover was thinking "At LAST I can finally get rid of all that hair!"

Honestly, Lana could never come back as far as I'm concerned. I'm beyond tired of her and her neverending perils. Sheesh! But if Chloe were to not come back (although right now it looks as though she is) then I would probably quit watching the show. She and Lex are the two most interesting characters to me.

It will be interesting to see where they take Clark into next season. I don't read the comics and frankly hope they don't lean too hard on all of that history. I like when they go in new directions as opposed to having to follow the expectations too closely.

I like the theory about Lionel imagining what he would like to have happen to Chloe and Lex. It will make it more believable next season when everyone survives.

Overall interesting but a few TOO many cliffhangers for my taste. I guess I like some closure going into a 4 month hiatus.

Orlando
Old 05-20-2004, 05:58 AM
Loyal Fan

We don't get the finale for a couple of weeks, but can someone answer some questions from what I've read:

Who blew up Chloe's house? Was it a Lionel Luthor plan?

What happened to Jonathon to make people think he's not gonna survive?

Who poisoned Lex? Lionel?! Do we know?

What's this business about Lana's hair?

And 'final turn' in Clark/Lana - was that her seeing the Kara/Clark kiss or something?

Oh, and the deal between Jor-El and Jonathon?

(Sorry!)

Seriously, this episode sounds so kick-ass. I can't wait for E4 to show it!

Last edited by *Sooz*; 05-20-2004 at 06:05 AM
*Sooz* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2004, 06:03 AM
Extreme Fan

PETE?!

I've been so out of the loop with this show in the last few months! Please help me out here.

1. Where did Pete go?

2. Why did Pete leave?

3. Will Pete return?

If someone could answer these questions for me, I would really appreciate it! Oh, and last night's season finale ROCKED!

Forever mourning the loss of Arrested Development!
Go Huskers! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2004, 07:15 AM
buoycall

Smallville season finale steps up!

Chloe has already submitted a story to the daily planet under the pen name of Lois Lane. That is why I think she is will be back. As far as jer-el goes. I thought the voice last night sounded just like the guy who was General Zod in superman 2. So good call whoever said that. I think this episode was the epitome of what a season finale is supposed to be. Shocking and leaving me wondering WTF!
Me and the hubby bust into song "somebody saaaaaaaave meeeeeeeeeeeee" every time Lana gets in to a pickle. It makes us laugh every time. She is so not the kind of girl to go to Paris.
Maybe the poison lex drank is just what it takes to push him over the edge to be truly evil.
Nooooooooo Bo Duke can not die!!!! (sorry he will forever be bo duke to me
Reply   Post New Thread