Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-18-2004, 11:23 PM
Absolute Fan

Smallville 3x22 "Covenant" Episode Discussion

3x22 - "Covenant"
Things come to a head in Smallville when Kara, a beautiful girl with superpowers, who claims to be from Krypton, comes to entice Clark to fulfill his destiny. Overwhelmed, Clark turns to his parents for advice but is shocked when Kara forces Jonathan to finally reveal the deal he made with Jor-El. Also, Clark makes a discovery that ultimately redefines his relationship with Lex, and Clark’s relationship with Lana takes a final turn. Meanwhile, Lex turns the tables on Lionel with the FBI.

  

.: l LJ l :. .: l Icon Journal l :.

"Most people bring a coffee- he brought a ******* machine gun!"

Last edited by broken melody; 10-22-2016 at 06:33 AM
*Sugi* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2004, 04:12 AM
New Fan

Will this be a two hour episode?
Mister_s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2004, 10:56 AM
Elite Fan

No, It'll be a regular lenght one hour episode. The Series Finale of Angel is on at 9pm...that's why I know the answer to that question.

Alex

The Dark is generous, and it's patient, and it always wins - but in the heart of it's strength lies weakness; one lone candle is enough to hold it back.
Love is more than a candle.
Love can ignite the stars.
Alexander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2004, 03:00 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Strifer
No, It'll be a regular lenght one hour episode. The Series Finale of Angel is on at 9pm...that's why I know the answer to that question.

Alex
Yeah, a series finale and a season finale in one night... I assume ratings will be decent enough

Old 05-19-2004, 06:39 PM
Elite Fan

Wow...there's so much to say I don't know where to start. So much happened like in the last five minutes that it's almost cruel for the writers to leave us wondering what the answers are gonna be to all the questions we have.

Alex

The Dark is generous, and it's patient, and it always wins - but in the heart of it's strength lies weakness; one lone candle is enough to hold it back.
Love is more than a candle.
Love can ignite the stars.
Alexander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2004, 06:43 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Oh my god i thought 24 last night was intense this finale was unbelievable .

Start with a bit of humor Clark answers the door to his house to find a hot naked woman. It seems as though clark has never seen a naked woman up close.

Lana leaving and what's up with her hair?

Yes,Lana will return no worries.

So the questions to answered in the Fall Clark will return as full blown Superboy ?

Chloe is she dead or survived the blast?

Lex will live but what damage might have been done with the poison ?

Jonathan will he die or live?

good lord man so many questions to answer and so long to wait..

Last edited by Logan; 05-20-2004 at 05:22 AM
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2004, 07:29 PM
Dedicated Fan

Dang, lucky for Pete he left town when he did--everybody's gettign killed...or not.

The bog question for me is Chloe because she's a non-canon character, but I can't see them killing her off seriously. Still, though...that guy looked at her weird when they went into the house too.

I noticed Lana's hair too. I guess she'd trying to not be the fairy princess & she's being more casual. I'm glad she saw Clark becaus I can't stand when someone sees two other people & leaves & they never knew he saw them.

I'm glad they didn't make Lex make a move or something because that would just be another reason for Clark to claim betrayal. I can't believe he actually said "this friendship is over". So, is Lex going to be the bad guy in the fourth season?! There's supposed to be a four year plan, right? If Lionel's going to be out of the picture--I don't see how they can have him be out of jail & not kill everyone--they need a new bad guy, right? And the rift is here.

I had been waiting for them to show that room again, for Clark to find out, but now that it's happened...

I'm just gonna go over to the Angel board & wait for more people to post here (I think fans of both shows are kind of struck by the series finale).
Old 05-19-2004, 07:34 PM
Ultimate Fan

This was the best finale the WB produced this week, besides Everwood...One Tree Hill was laughable, Gilmore Girls was predictable, and Angel was just plain wrong. This was by far the best, and the most entertaining.

Couple things though...

>>CHLOE DIED? I really didn't see any windows of opportunity left open for the possibility that it in fact may not have been her body that was scorched by the rampant flames -- I saw it happen. So they'd have to pull something major out of their ass to rectify that situation.

>>Why can't Lana be the one who got caught in the blast and not Chloe? At least Chloe was snarky -- Lana's just a self-serious waif who does nothing but whine about her problems. There is obviously no justice on the WB.

>>The whole thing with Lionel just creeped me out -- why'd they make such a big deal about a butch prison dude shaving his head? I might've missed something in the channel surfing, but I really didn't get it.

>>We all know Lex doesn't die, so why bother?

>>Jonathan has to die eventually, that's just how the story goes. Maybe this is just his time.

>>Clark the SuperBoy? I know I'm ready.

All in all, this finale served its purpose the best -- it left us guessing without going over the top (*cough*OTH*cough*) or selling us short (*cough*Angel*cough*), or doing what we knew was going to happen eventually so there's really no element of surprise (*cough*GG*cough*). I was very pleased, and I look forward to a 4th season of Smallville.

Janine || [ @FF.net ] [ @AO3.org ] [ @WP.com ]
sumiregusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2004, 07:55 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by The Fifth Element
>>Jonathan has to die eventually, that's just how the story goes. Maybe this is just his time.
Actually in the comics he and Martha are still very much alive and in the Lois and Clark TV show Jonathan was alive as well.

I wasn't really really jazzed by the finale. I mean since I haven't heard that anyone who was suppoed to be dead (Jonathan, Chloe, Lex) is leaving, I assume everyone will be back no matter how dead they seem.

The godfather montage was cute sure but not as good as the original. I know what a bad@ss Lionel is - I want to see Lex be the one turning all evil. Instead we have Clark being the one breaking their friendship. Poor Lex.

And I don't mean to get all Superman fanboyish and I know Smallville is a whole different world than the comics (or the movies or other TV series) but I'm getting more and more P.O.ed of the evil Jor-El thing. In all variations of Superman he has always been represented as the best of Kryptonians. I can only hope that using Terence Stamp and all "Jor-El" turns out to be General Zod just like in Superman II trying to make Jor-El's son "kneel" to his will.

Also a bit put-off of the fake "Kara" (who even most non-Supes fans know is Clark's cousin) who turns out to be just another reject FOTW from the meteor shower used by Jor-El. I always hads a soft spot for the lousy Helen Slater Supergirl movie so I'm upset they wasted "Kara" on yet another "meteor victim" story. Of course I know she wasn't the real deal once she kissed Clark - I'm not really into CuzYay! and I'm sure Jeph Loeb knows the comic fans would go nuts if he tried that - so she's a phony. Thank goodness.
mr.simpatico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2004, 07:58 PM
Fan Forum Legend

wow. Smallville keeps getting better and better.

Chloe - when she walked into the house I said to my sis and mom, "why they making it like she's going to die?" and then the house blew up. I hope she doesn't die. Even though I think she's intrusive sometimes how will they get information without her?

Lionel - why was his hair being shaved? His hair has annoyed me for so long, but I didn't understand why it was being shaved. I hope he gets out of jail because I don't want Lex to be a baddie yet.

Lex & Clark - I'm so sad they're friendship seems to be over. But I knew this would eventually happen. I didn't think it would be so soon though.

Clark - Can't wait to see how/when he comes back and how different he is when he returns.

btw does anyone know what the last song was? I really liked it.
Old 05-19-2004, 08:02 PM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by mr.simpatico
Actually in the comics he and Martha are still very much alive and in the Lois and Clark TV show Jonathan was alive as well.
Oh...I guess the movie lied to us, then, those 30 years ago.

Janine || [ @FF.net ] [ @AO3.org ] [ @WP.com ]
sumiregusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2004, 08:04 PM
Loyal Fan

@ Cuz!Yay.

And if Chloe dies, there will be hell to pay. That is all.

But how creepily awesome was the ending scene? Loved how it all centered around the MB's magnificent mane being shorn.

Katie
Old 05-19-2004, 08:20 PM
Absolute Fan

I think my heart just about shattered when the house blew up- I mean it *looked* like that's what they were about to do, she was all suspicious, but I never thought they'd actually... ah! Chloe! *hug* It's definitely not the end of her, but it really hurt to see that. I love her character too much. Or maybe she is dead, and I'm in denial? I don't know, there are too many theories flying around. I can't imagine watching Smallville without her, I wouldn't want to.

I'd ramble about the rest of the episode, but that scene really did me in I'll be back when I can think straight. Hopefully we'll know what the hell happened to Chloe.

*edit after calming down*

Okay, wait, AM mentioned that she'd be returning for season 4 right? It was at some convention or something... so then Chloe's not dead. She can't be. I feel better now.

Old 05-19-2004, 08:26 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by The Fifth Element
Oh...I guess the movie lied to us, then, those 30 years ago.
No. At the time of Superman I and for most of his comic history, Clark Kent's parents Jonathan and Martha were dead by the time he got to Metropolis. When the Superman comic was re-booted from scratch after the DC mega-event "Crisis on Infinite Earths" (in which ironically the original "Kara" was killed protecting her cousin), TPTB decided that in Clark's new origin the Kents would live so as to provide him from bedrock to go back to when he needed them and they play big roles in the comics today. That was in 1984 so its been 20 years since its been the status quo.
mr.simpatico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2004, 08:34 PM
Part-Time Fan

OMG!! This was one of the better season finales this year!! I can't believe that they blew up the house w/ Chloe in it! And this whole Jor-El thing. It definatly leaves some questions!
Pitdog10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread