Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-05-2004, 05:07 PM
Absolute Fan

Smallville 3x20 "Talisman" Episode Discussion

3x20 - "Talisman"
When a Kiwatche Indian steals a mythic knife from the caves, he is bestowed with superpowers similar to Clark’s, causing the young man to believe he is the legendary Naman, “the man who fell from the stars.” Clark learns the Kiwatche legend foretold of a knife that could kill Naman and sets out to reclaim it before the young Indian can use it on Lionel.

  

Last edited by broken melody; 10-22-2016 at 06:32 AM
Candygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2004, 07:19 PM
Dedicated Fan

I missed the part of the episode after the last commercial break until the very end of the scean with Peat and Chloe(the only thing that I got from that scean was that his parents are getting divorced...) Can someone tell me what I missed please?

Thanks [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

eta: I THINK the last commercial break was when the scean with Lex and Lana about the Talen and the Paris thing(which btw I think would be a dumb thing to do because the 'going to Paris' thing has been reused in 3 shows that I can think of, they need to stop it lol) ended.

[ 05-05-2004: Message edited Imaginary_Immortal ]

Luke & Lor. | Dawson & Joey |Max & Liz | Harry & Hermione | George & Izzie
Imaginary_Immortal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2004, 07:34 PM
Passionate Fan

I can't help with the missed part because I didn't tape it. But this is one worth taping (for those who live where it hasn't yet aired).
Lots of symbolism--both the usual visuals, as well as script-wise.
shapeshifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2004, 12:47 AM
Extreme Fan

from old boards....

my VCR crapped out on me- and I didn't see it.

can anyone please post the important points for ongoing story? So I won't be lost next week etc.???

Old 05-11-2004, 08:57 AM
Loyal Fan

Ok this is what I can remember about the ep.

A man named Jeremiah takes an artifact found by Lionel and his team. It is a knife that is meant for the true Naman and the person who possesses it is given temporary powers to protect it. When Jeremiah holds it he gets powers just like Clark and starts to believe that he is the true Naman and goes after the man he thinks is Sakith. So Jeremiah sets out to kill Lionel and Clark attempts to stop him. But Clark is actually stab by the knife and almost dies as a result. Jonathan and Martha find Clark and when Jonathan puts his hands over the wound he heals it. Clark is able to get the knife away from Jeremiah. The knife ends up landing in front of Lionel and Lex. Both reach for it and when one of them touches it the knife discintigrates. This means one of them is Sakith but Clark is unsure of which one. In the end Lex offers Clark his own take on the myth. He says that anyone who has the courage to stand up to a powerful man like Naman is a hero.

Other things that happened in this ep. Lana gets accepted to art school in Paris but does not have the money to go. She asks Lex for help and he decides to sell the Talon to get her the money to go. She is upset that he would do such a thing but Lex says that she is either the girl that goes to Paris or the small town girl who runs a coffee shop. In the end she decides to sell the Talon and go to Paris. On the Pete front, his parents are getting divorced and his mother is offered a position as a federal judge. He is avoiding them by sleeping at the torch. Chloe comforts him in the end since she knows what its like.

And that is what I remember about the ep. Hope it helps.
Wildcat492002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2004, 05:08 PM
Extreme Fan

Thank You Wildcat for that!! Yes it does help
Old 02-28-2010, 03:52 PM
Part-Time Fan

What did I think of Talisman?

I loved this episode very much! Great cast! Great acting! great script! I liked Clark's friend, Professor Willowbrook (who also knows Clark Kent's secret, including the alien part). Also, Professor Willowbrook was a great confidant to Clark, when he was around. Clark can really trust him. Like he says to Clark, "Clark, your secret is safe with me."

There are a few reasons why I love this episode. I'll number them as we're going along:

1) The Clark & Professor Willowbrook scenes. (It's what Professor Willowbrook says to Clark, that makes this story very interesting).

Clark: I'm sorry, I haven't seen you lately. Between the farm and school, I...

Joseph: No need to make an excuse, Naman. Don't worry. Your secret is safe with me.

Clark: I'm not Naman. It's just a story on a cave wall.

Joseph: Until last night, I believed that, too.

Clark: What happened last night?

Joseph: Your destiny was revealed.

Later:

Clark: I need your help.

Joseph: I'm at your service, Naman.

Clark: I know you want to believe it, but I'm not your savior. I mean, did you ever think that Jeremiah really is Naman? He has all the abilities foretold in the prophecy, and he's going to try and kill segeeth.

(This is the part that I love, the answer that Professor Joseph Willowbrook gives to Clark Kent. Prof. Joseph Willowbrook makes this story very interesting. I love his lines).

Joseph: True. But he did not fall from the sky in a rain of fire. Jeremiah's desperate to be something he's not, and you are desperate not to be someone you are.

2) Lionel Luthor and Professor Joseph Willowbrook

I love this scene with Lionel and Prof. Willowbrook talking to one another. Prof. Willowbrook explains more about the segeeth, and what he is.

Lionel tells Jeremiah that he "suspected for some time that there are special human beings who are capable of feats like what Jeremiah did in the caves." (Lionel was talking about super-speed, super-strength and the bullet-proof abilities. When Lionel says he suspected some special human being, he was talking about Clark Kent, of course).

Lionel: "Professor, you and I both saw what Jeremiah did in the cave. I've suspected for some time that there are special human beings who are capable of feats like that. Now I know I am right."

Joseph replies to Lionel, "If you've read my work, you also know that the blade will crumble if the wrong person touches it."

Lionel asks Prof. Willowbrook, "Segeeth. Who is the Segeeth?"

Joseph answers Lionel, "According to legend, he's the bearer of darkness."

3) Clark's relationship with his parents. We all know what a great relationship Clark and the Kents have. Clark can talk to his Mom & Dad about anything. Clark is always honest to his parents. He can talk to them about his secret, what he feels like being an alien, and his abilities. (Other than Pete, Clark doesn't talk about his secret to any of his friends). Ma & Pa Kent always give Clark Kent excellent advice.

Jonathan (to Clark): Jeremiah thinks Lionel is Segeeth.

Martha: (to Clark): I remember when you first learned about all this from Kyla. She said Segeeth was supposed to start out as one of the good guys.

Clark: The prophecy isn't written down. It's part of an oral tradition, so it's open to a million different interpretations.

Martha: What's your interpretation?

Clark: I don't know. Professor Willowbrook thinks that I'm Naman. Jor-El wants me to be some sort of Kryptonian warrior. I just want to be Clark Kent.

Later, after the knife crumbled after Lionel & Lex touched the blade.

Clark (to his parents): The prophecy came true. The blade glowed, then disintegrated when Lionel & Lex touched it, which means either Lionel or Lex is my greatest enemy.

Martha: Did you see which one grabbed it first?

Clark: No, but I don't need a blade to tell me that Lionel Luthor's a bad person.

Martha: If you're going to believe this legend, you have to face the possibility that it could be Lex.

Clark: I'm not ready to do that.

Jonathan: Clark, the Kawatche think that you're a savior. Jor-El wants you to be a conquerer. Now, knife or not, you can't let other people tell you what to be.

Clark (to his Dad): Who do you think I'll become?

Jonathan: I don't know. You can be the world's greatest hero or its most mild-mannered citizen, but the only person who can write your story... is you.

4) I love the Clark & Lex scenes. Lex is supposed to be Clark's best friend. I always enjoy their conversations. Tom Welling and Michael Rosenbaum always have great scripts on Smallville. Especially the Clex parts (Clark & Lex scripts, and their friendly relationships). This was a great ending. So was the music.

Lex: Surprise. You know, I've been thinking a lot about this prophecy. I've got a new interpretation. Want to hear it?

Clark: Sure.

Lex: "May I?" ( Lex is taking the prophetic book about Naman & Segeeth into his hands as he's talking to Clark). "This Naman guy is supposed to come from the stars, has the strength of 10 men, and shoot fire from his eyes, right?"

Clark: It's just an allegory, Lex.

Lex: I know. But if one person could do all that, he would be a formidable enemy. He could conquer the world. He could become a tyrant if nobody kept him in check. So I've been thinking. Anybody who'd be willing to fight him would have to be pretty brave. Clark, did it ever occur to you that maybe the hero of the story is Segeeth?

Clark just looked at him and said nothing. He was speechless.
Tibbit78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2016, 06:06 PM
Fan Forum Legend

eternalfate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2016, 12:53 PM
Fan Forum Star

I'm here
broken melody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2016, 12:59 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Oh great.
Old 11-02-2016, 01:00 PM
Fan Forum Star

Started!
Old 11-02-2016, 01:00 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Started!
Old 11-02-2016, 01:02 PM
Fan Forum Star

Don't tell Lionel what it is, Jeremiah
Old 11-02-2016, 01:02 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Opening scenes in the caves with a Professor... and Jeremiah. People might remember Joseph from Season 2, he was Kyla's father.

Lionel in the caves as well, no surprise there....

Old 11-02-2016, 01:05 PM
Fan Forum Star

Lionel's always in the caves it seems
Reply   Post New Thread