Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-16-2009, 03:58 AM
Fan Forum Hero

What a sucky ending for this great character. Davis has been the highlight of this season and that's how they end it?! They really butchered Davis' character in a matter of few seconds. It was like a completely different character.

I know there's speculation about Sam coming back as Zod (is that a spoiler?) but honestly I wish he would find a better show to use his acting abilities. Both Sam and Davis deserved better.

Here's a post-finale interview with Sam:

TV Guide Magazine | What the Keck?! | Smallville's Doomsday Speaks Out

Looks like Sam wasn't that happy about the Jimmy scene either.

Laura|
Old 05-16-2009, 09:30 AM
Master Fan

Thanks for that interview

Visit Castle | icon[x]
Old 05-16-2009, 05:17 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Sounds like he's done
Old 05-17-2009, 05:47 AM
Fan Forum Hero

For his sake, I hope he is. He clearly isn't happy the way the writers handled this storyline and I can totally see why.

Laura|
Old 05-17-2009, 06:25 AM
New Fan

SV is gonna lose one viewer if SW goes
Old 05-17-2009, 07:58 AM
Fan Forum Hero

People were so excited about this storyline and many have said that SW has been the best thing to ever happen to this show. And this is how they end it? With bitter taste.

Laura|
Old 05-17-2009, 09:18 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy (View Post)
People were so excited about this storyline and many have said that SW has been the best thing to ever happen to this show. And this is how they end it? With bitter taste.
True that, But there is still hope that he comes back next season. Mainly because what would be the point in bringing the Real Zod with his actual body back without SW being him??? When the writers said Davis looks like Zod....If they dont sign SW next year it will be the most moronic thing i have ever seen and it will be their loss.

Atleast SW is in a new movie coming out in late 2009 Called "Gamer".
Old 05-17-2009, 03:37 PM
Elite Fan

I think Sam's done too. Actors only do a "death" press tour if they leave the show. Not if they come back and play a different role one season later. It sucks because IMO Sam Witwer was the best thing that happened to Smallville in a very long time. The Doomsday arc was one of the very few things I liked during this season of terrible lightswitches, retcons and inconsistencies and it ended extremely unsatisfying (the Dooms/Clark fight was a joke) and ungracefully (Davis suddenly turning into a crazy psycho who kills Jimmy out of jealousy). I hope he'll move on to bigger and better jobs in the future. He was way too good for a show like Smallville anyway.
Old 05-17-2009, 04:34 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy (View Post)
Exactly.

He deserves better.
Old 05-17-2009, 09:17 PM
Fan Forum Star

Wow Sam sounded really pissed in that interview and who could blame him? If they'd only let him know from the start that he was supposed to be playing a psycho he could have played it so much differently. I'm still impressed by Sam's performance in the finale, esp considering how much he hated it. From the sounds of that interview though, I don't think he's coming back next year.
I see e x t r a o r d i n a r y m a g i c in you
Rachel
Old 05-18-2009, 08:12 AM
Fan Forum Hero

It doesn't sound like it no
Old 05-18-2009, 08:56 AM
New Fan

From the new CF interview, I do have a feeling that he is coming back, they are just tight liped about it. Its like its on a need to know bases
Old 05-18-2009, 09:44 AM
Part-Time Fan

the writing was pathetic and certainly not an ending I'd buy for Davis. I'm not at all surprised SW is upset; and if he doesn't return next season the writers had it coming.
If he does return I'll watch it on YT because the ending they gave Davis made me that angry.

And Rache, he may just be SV love their litle mysteries. Earlier on it really seemed like it.
Old 05-18-2009, 10:02 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by vagrantdream13 (View Post)
the writing was pathetic and certainly not an ending I'd buy for Davis. I'm not at all surprised SW is upset; and if he doesn't return next season the writers had it coming.
If he does return I'll watch it on YT because the ending they gave Davis made me that angry.

And Rache, he may just be SV love their litle mysteries. Earlier on it really seemed like it.
lol I dont understand
Old 05-18-2009, 12:14 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks for the interview!

I don't know about Sam coming back as Zod. As much as I love Sam and his work, I don't know how this would work.

And I am very upset with the writers, but I also understand them. The Doomsday arc was only one season long, since they thought they'd only last one season. And so they moved it forward really quickly. They moved the whole show forward really quickly, I think, because they wanted to tie up lose ends. And they figured how nice and convenient they could match Davis' and Jimmy's deaths together. Although I don't believe that Jimmy being the same age as Clark and Lois would be THAT big of an issue, considering what they've done to Oliver, Lex, Lana...

no more running; no more hiding; no more excuses
enough already.
Lynn - golden roses - snagging @ lj
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top