Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-21-2019, 12:59 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Tom Welling

If you thought that was cute....

Thanks to tariel22 reposting Jessica's instagram stories at the Lakeside Golf Club Easter party!
Old 04-22-2019, 05:41 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Oh nice. Thanks for bringing that over here.
Old 04-22-2019, 08:49 PM
Fan Forum Star

Awwe, Tom cleaned up so nice!

Instead of a photo op, I'm going to just get an autograph and maybe get a picture at the autograph table. Like I mentioned in the MR thread, I'll be able to talk to him a bit more there. He is also having a panel with Michael and Kristin!!!

I don't think it'll be a good picture, because I'm short and he'll look like a giant. lol
Old 04-23-2019, 05:11 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Tom Welling

Well, definitely at least try to get a pic at the table if you can. Not all cons allow selfies with all guests at the table. Hopefully yours will. But I would still buy a photo op just in case. I expect they're doing a photo op with all three, Tom, Michael and Kristin, you'd be mad to miss out on that. Don't worry about looking short next to Tom. I'm only just 5 foot myself and I looked tiny next to him in my photo lol. Even worse when next to two giants in my photo op with Tom and John Schneider Are you attending all days of the con? I did the two days (Friday and Saturday) and it was totally worth it, got to chat with Tom twice at the table, then two photo ops and see him at the panel! I can't believe it was nearly 9 months ago now. And I still can't get over it. These memories you will cherish forever.

I'm actually planning to attend the London Film & Comic Con again this year, 'cause they've got Lana Parrilla, Robert Carlyle and Emilie De Ravin from Once Upon a Time there this year. I especially wanted to meet Lana so that's gonna be awesome. And if Tom comes back with Michael this year, that would beyond the icing on the cake! They usually announce more guests in May so I'm waiting until then till I buy tickets and book the hotel.
Old 04-24-2019, 09:15 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Live, I was going to mention it. Sometimes conventions allow cameras at the table and sometimes it doesn't.

Also some celebs allow a selfie and some don't... so it depends on what TW has set up for his.
Old 04-24-2019, 09:32 PM
Fan Forum Star

It's going to cost some money, but some celebrities have a deal for an autograph plus selfie like a combo. Others will charge for both separately.
Old 04-25-2019, 04:00 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Tom Welling

True. It all depends on the convention rules and the guests too, and indeed how much they charge.

Looking forward to hearing all about your trip! Have fun and savour every moment! Are you going on your own or with friends?

My only wish for last year was that it wasn't so hot. We were in the middle of the hottest heatwave ever and being in London meant it was hotter than other areas in the UK. Because of the heat, I ate so little and felt faint a lot of the time. The building of the con didn't have much air con so it was pretty stuffy. Not good, but somehow I managed composure at the important moments.
Old 04-25-2019, 09:17 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by cry pretty (View Post)
It's going to cost some money, but some celebrities have a deal for an autograph plus selfie like a combo. Others will charge for both separately.
Oh yeah I know which is why I hope Tom is one of the celebs who has that for you.
Old 04-26-2019, 05:00 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Tom Welling

Happy Birthday to Tom! Made this.

How cool is it that he's spending his 42nd birthday at Calgary, Canada expo con!
Old 04-26-2019, 05:00 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Tom Welling

accidental double post you can delete
Old 04-26-2019, 06:20 PM
Fan Forum Star

It's amazing, Liv! Happy birthday to him.

I'm going by myself. I usually strike up conversations with strangers when I am there.
Old 04-27-2019, 12:49 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Tom Welling

Thanks!

I went by myself too. It was my first trip to London alone! I chat to some people when waiting in line to go in for the first day. And then with a few other people at the cafe areas, waiting in line for the photo ops and sitting waiting for the panel on the Saturday. Besides that, I was mostly on my own. I think the worst thing about it was that there were no real seating areas other than the cafe and you mostly forced to sit on the floor if you couldn't walk for a bit (after miles of walking) So I think I want to try and meet more guests this year so my days are more filled and I'm not hanging around too much.
Old 04-27-2019, 07:16 AM
Fan Forum Star

Well, I splurged and just did it. I paid for a photo op with Tom, Michael, and Kristin. I've been going back and forth on this but it is a once in a lifetime opportunity. I won't get a photo op with Tyler Hoechlin though.
Old 04-27-2019, 09:51 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Tom Welling

Yay good for you! It is definitely a once in a lifetime opportunity that you don't want to miss.

Yeah I suppose there has to be compromises if there are a lot of guests you want to meet and you only have so much to spend.
Old 04-27-2019, 11:12 AM
Fan Forum Star

I personally don't like taking pictures with me in it, and rather get autographs and just see them for my own sake. I don't need to 'document' that we've met, but I feel a photo op with the Smallville cast is necessary, for being such a longtime fan. So it's not really about the money for me, but that's part of it of course. lol
Closed Thread   Post New Thread