Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-21-2008, 08:32 PM
Elite Fan

Smallville 8x06 "Prey" Episode Discussion

The 6th episode of "Smallville" Season 8 airs in the U.S. on Thursday, October 23rd, 2008 at 8.00pm. Titled "Prey", here's the official (spoiler filled) description from The CW...

DAVIS STARTS TO SEE HIS DARK SIDE - Clark (Tom Welling) looks into a recent attack in a theater that may be the work of a serial killer. Suspecting it could be someone who is meteor-infected, he demands that Chloe (Allison Mack) release the names of the people she is counseling at the Isis Foundation, which causes a rift between the friends. Davis (Sam Witwer) fears that his blackouts could mean that he is the serial killer and collects evidence that may implicate him. Fearing the worst, he confesses his suspicions to Chloe. Erica Durance, Aaron Ashmore and Cassidy Freeman also stars.

Directed by: Michael Rohl

Written by: Brian Peterson & Kelly Souders (My favorite writers on the show)

Meanwhile, TV Guide has the following description for this same episode...

Clark suspects a recent murder at a theater may be the work of a meteor-infected serial killer, and he demands that Chloe give him names of people she's counseling at the Isis Foundation. A fearful Davis thinks he's the killer and confides in Chloe.

Episode Trailer

Director's Cut Clip

Sneak Peek Clip

Brian Peterson Episode Introduction

The Dark is generous, and it's patient, and it always wins - but in the heart of it's strength lies weakness; one lone candle is enough to hold it back.
Love is more than a candle.
Love can ignite the stars.
Alexander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 08:35 PM
Elite Fan

Clark/Chloe tension and an episode mostly about Davis... SOLD! Can't wait for Thursday! I'll TiVo UB and watch this Live!

kenny | credit
smoothaise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 08:36 PM
Elite Fan

DAVIS STARTS TO SEE HIS DARK SIDE If this doesn't excite you as a SV, Superman, Comics, Sam Witwer, etc fan, I don't know what will! SV is going strong

The Dark is generous, and it's patient, and it always wins - but in the heart of it's strength lies weakness; one lone candle is enough to hold it back.
Old 10-21-2008, 08:37 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strider (View Post)
DAVIS STARTS TO SEE HIS DARK SIDE If this doesn't excite you as a SV, Superman, Comics, Sam Witwer, etc fan, I don't know what will! SV is going strong
Word.

This episode will give us ALOT to talk about, that's for sure.

kenny | credit
smoothaise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 08:39 PM
Elite Fan

Anyone who has seen the "Doomsday" DVD animated film will have to be excited!

Old 10-21-2008, 08:49 PM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for starting Alex, from the promo this ep looks like another good one.
I see e x t r a o r d i n a r y m a g i c in you
Rachel
now.it.all.begins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 10:43 PM
Master Fan

Oh can't wait to see how the Doomsday thing will play out!
That's my dream for these characters."
- Kaley Cuoco
*Nora* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 04:16 AM
Passionate Fan

Easy guys, let's not have too high an expectation of this episode.....
Got to say I like the way the season has been so far with exceptation of an certain episode. I've quite enjoyed Davis performance so far.
Old 10-22-2008, 05:27 AM
Elite Fan

I am excited for this one. Davis/Chloe, Chlark angst, action... I don't think they can screw this up I think it's going to be good.

no more running; no more hiding; no more excuses
enough already.
Lynn - golden roses - snagging @ lj
sweet_zelda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 11:04 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2old2care (View Post)
Easy guys, let's not have too high an expectation of this episode.....
Got to say I like the way the season has been so far with exceptation of an certain episode. I've quite enjoyed Davis performance so far.
Oh don't get me wrong, I don't have "high expectations" of the episode as a whole, but I'm excited to see more of Davis' storyline. Doomsday is a legendary superman canonic character!

Old 10-23-2008, 07:46 AM
Fan Forum Hero

i'm excited for it...
Wingster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 06:04 PM
Loyal Fan

I missed Lois but enjoyed this episode for the most part. The Doomsday/Davis stuff is getting interesting. Although, I have no idea how they're going to handle the whole storyline...will Davis kill Clark? The series can't end with Clark dying but according to Superman myth, he does kill Superman. So yeah, the Doomsday stuff definitely has me intrigued.
"It takes a lot of courage to release the familiar and seemingly secure, to embrace the new. But there is no real security in what is no longer meaningful. There is more security in the adventurous and exciting, for in movement there is life, and in change there is power."
gilliang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 06:05 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I miss Lex! Chloe leading meteor-infected therapy group? Clark looking good!! Clark has to save the world! Clark stopping the robbery!! I really miss Farm boy Clark! Davis? Omg! Davis having no idea what’s going on-crazy! Martian the man hunter! Clark will always believe that he can save everyone!! Clark really wants to be a hero! I love that!! Clark is so funny! Krypto-perps! Lol! Davis in the shower! Omg! What’s going on? What’s with the injections? Jimmy wanting to be in on the action? Since when? Clark is a speed-reader! Clark is obsessed! Davis the killer? Omg! Crazy! Blackouts? Since a child? Davis’s darkness? Reference to Lex’s? Poor Davis! The red jacket!! The blue shirt! Davis wants to be hero but Clark doesn’t believe it. Clark/Davis fight…wow!! Does Davis know about Clark? I can’t believe Clark told! I can’t believe that he is running the whole thing. Jimmy and Davis working together? Really? Davis being attacked was crazy! Shadow creature? The guy from Chloe’s group? Omg! Clark’s obsession is still pushing him. Chloe and Davis? Davis falling for her? He is really true! Clark is that miracle! Tess wants the guy from the group? The cross? Now that was an episode!!! Awesome!!
Thor/Loki Charles/Erik Kirk/Spock Zachary/Chris Dexter/Deb Nev/Max Thorin/Bilbo Neal/Peter John/D'avin Thomas/Newt Conrad/Devon Stiles/Scott Richie/Eddie
ocfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 06:10 PM
Elite Fan

Hands down, best episode of the season since the S8 Premiere.

Outstanding work by Brian and Kelly, they are my favorite writers this is one of their best episodes.

Sam Witwer was fantastic, Allison Mack delieverd one of her best episodes till date and looked amazing, Tom Welling played Clark perfectly, esp. in the key early scenes, and Phil Morris is the "wise council" that voice of reason. Excellent job by everyone.

Old 10-23-2008, 06:12 PM
Fan Forum Hero

i totally agree!!
Thor/Loki Charles/Erik Kirk/Spock Zachary/Chris Dexter/Deb Nev/Max Thorin/Bilbo Neal/Peter John/D'avin Thomas/Newt Conrad/Devon Stiles/Scott Richie/Eddie
ocfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread