Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-13-2009, 04:51 PM
Elite Fan

Smallville 8x11 "Legion" Episode Discussion

The 11th episode of Season 8 of "Smallville". Titled "Legion" this episode is scheduled to air in the U.S. at 8.00pm on Thursday, January 15th on The CW.

Here is the official CW episode description:

"The aftermath of Doomsday's (Sam Witwer) attack on Chloe (Allison Mack) and Jimmy's (Aaron Ashmore) wedding leaves Clark (Tom Welling) in shock, but before he can search for the kidnapped Chloe, The Persuader (guest star Fraser Aithceson) appears and attacks him. Rokk (guest star Ryan Kennedy), Imra (guest star Alexz Johnson) and Garth (guest star Calum Worthy), also known as The Legion, step in from the future to help vanquish the Persuader and the group realizes Brainiac has taken over Chloe once again. Meanwhile, up at the Fortress, Chloe, as Brainiac, informs Davis he is Doomsday and was created to kill 'the other Kryptonian' and destroy the world."

Written by Geoff Johns

Directed by Glen Winter

Meanwhile, TV Guide has the following description for this same episode...

Doomsday kidnaps Chloe, and Clark searches for her while battling the Persuader (Fraser Aitcheson) with a little help from three superheroes known as the Legion: Rokk (Ryan Kennedy), Imra (Alexz Johnson) and Garth (Calum Worthy).

Episode Trailer 1

Episode Trailer 2

Director's Cut Video

Sneak Peak Clip

Please remember the general spoiler guidelines and rules Thank you

Most of all, are you excited that the show is back and what are your expectations for this episode and the rest of S8 (something to discuss until Thursday night)

The Dark is generous, and it's patient, and it always wins - but in the heart of it's strength lies weakness; one lone candle is enough to hold it back.
Love is more than a candle.
Love can ignite the stars.
Alexander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 12:05 AM
Master Fan

::gasp::

A new episode discussion thread? Is the world ending?

So glad the hiatus is over. Of the upcoming episodes, this is one of my most anticipated ones. I can't wait to see the scenes with Clark and the Legion. I think this episode will push Clark further and further towards becoming Superman. I wonder how much the Legion will reveal to him about his future and how he'll react.

As for the rest of season 8, I expect Clark to fully accept and embrace his heritage and his future as Superman. And being a Cloiser I hope that Clark will learn that it doesn't have to be either Superman or the person you love, but that he can have both. And for Lois I hope that even though Clark's life is great responsibility and he will have to leave her behind every once in a while, she'll realize that he'll always come back to her.

I also hope for Lois that she'll finally be able to let go of her crappy childhood and not let it wreck her life. I want her to have a heart-to-heart talk with the General in which he apologizes to her for not being a father to her, ever, so she can finally move on.

I hope Chloe and Jimmy both figure out whether or not they truly want to be together. I hope PS3 don't go with Chloe/Davis, because that'd make Chloe look like a gigantic ass. Being married and harboring secret feelings for Davis? Just an absolute no-go.

I hope Martha comes back. I miss her.

I hope Clark and Lana part as friends and finally put their on-and-off past behind them.
That's my dream for these characters."
- Kaley Cuoco
*Nora* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 07:02 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Can't believe a new episode is on tomorrow. Been waiting for this episode for a long time. The arrival of Doomsday is great but I am so looking forward to the Legion arriving in Smallville. I still think it's cool that Alexz Johnson plays Saturn Girl. I was a fan of hers back when I was a kid and she was on the Disney show "So Weird". (man saying that makes me feel old. LOL!)

Those trailers, sneak peek, and director's cut was awesome.
Emma♥Neal
Ron_Beckett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 08:59 AM
Elite Fan

I cannot wait! I am so very excited for this, it's unbelievable

I think, first of all, we'll have to see how they deal with the whole Brainiac-has-taken-over-Chloe thing. I wonder how Clark will deal with that.
Also, I am very excited for Davis/Doomsday, because I want to know if Davis is just a shell or actually part of Doomsday.

no more running; no more hiding; no more excuses
enough already.
Lynn - golden roses - snagging @ lj
sweet_zelda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 10:44 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Legion
Geoff Johns
Chloiac
Wingster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 11:48 AM
Elite Fan

Finally the hiatus is over

The only thing I feel is you.
Motoko Ayoama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 03:00 PM
Passionate Fan

Alex - thanks very much for starting this thread and like the others, I'm very excited about this particular episode considering it was penned by Geoff Johns a DC writer and will feature Choiac.

Although I won't be watching it live, I look forward to reading all about on this board.
Old 01-14-2009, 08:27 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2old2care (View Post)
Alex - thanks very much for starting this thread and like the others, I'm very excited about this particular episode considering it was penned by Geoff Johns a DC writer and will feature Choiac.
Yes, having Geoff as the writer is an excellent thing, esp. knowing how heavy this episode will be leaning onto the Superman mythology from the comics

Quote:
Although I won't be watching it live, I look forward to reading all about on this board.
Well I hope you watch it soon after and are able to participate in the discussion.

Quote:
I think, first of all, we'll have to see how they deal with the whole Brainiac-has-taken-over-Chloe thing. I wonder how Clark will deal with that.
Also, I am very excited for Davis/Doomsday, because I want to know if Davis is just a shell or actually part of Doomsday.
Lynn, those are things I'm very curious about as well

Nora, that's a good wish list

The Dark is generous, and it's patient, and it always wins - but in the heart of it's strength lies weakness; one lone candle is enough to hold it back.
Old 01-14-2009, 09:11 PM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for starting the thread Alex. I'm so glad SV is back tomorrow, I was starting to go through withdrawals.
I see e x t r a o r d i n a r y m a g i c in you
Rachel
now.it.all.begins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 09:27 PM
Elite Fan

Me too, I'm glad one of my favorite TV shows is back.

This is an awesome week for me, Smallville, Battlestar Galactica and Friday Night Lights (on NBC) all return!

Old 01-15-2009, 05:00 AM
Elite Fan

I love when our shows return. That's just always such a joy to watch new episodes. And Smallville has become particularly interesting this season .

The only thing I feel is you.
Motoko Ayoama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 06:51 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Happy Thursday everyone! So can't wait for tonight.
Emma♥Neal
Old 01-15-2009, 06:52 PM
Elite Fan

Finally!!!

Watching this tonight... and probably multiple times over-the-weekend.

kenny | credit
smoothaise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 07:09 PM
Master Fan

OMG the end of the episode with Doomsday!! CREEPED ME OUT SOOOO MUCH!!!

...and the Legion was awesome! I loved how fanboy-y lightning lad was... and acted like us "no glasses? no tights? no flights?"

I thought it was so clever how they wrote it and how they explained Chloe...and that now they know Chloe in the future...and history was kind of rewritten.

do NOT understand however why they made Chloe forget in Abyss and now her memories are back... that was just pointless...

Last edited by TVJunkie22; 01-15-2009 at 07:26 PM
TVJunkie22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 07:24 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Okay this season has been awesome and tonight's episode was no exception!

The Persuader was cool. So badly wish we had more of him though.

The Legion- What can I say about them? Definately got the right casting for them that's for sure. Not sure which I like more the Legion or Justice League.

Really loved how Clark was stern with them on how if the Legion knew anything about him then killing was not really an option.

Garth was a total trip. Loved him. For someone made out of mud, he was a good looking guy. Loved how he got Clark to autograph the ball and Clark did it with his heat vision. Loved that Clark signed his signature initials 'CK'.

Lana was actually tolerable which is kind of a suprise since I stopped liking her a long while back.

Chloe/Braniac: Totally creepy! Really love the exorcism that the Legion performed. That was sick!

And the ending with Doomsday- oh man!

Some of my favorite quotes:

Garth: No glasses, no tights, no flights. So far he's not the Man of Steel

"We've heard of Lois Lane, Lana Lang, even Jimmy Olsen but we've never heard of Chloe Sullivan."

Rock: Maybe Chloe's death is what inspired him to take flight in the first place

Definately rate this at a 10 on my 1-10 scale easily.
Emma♥Neal
Reply   Post New Thread