Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-30-2004, 01:37 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by *Sugi*:
<STRONG>
Katie, don't be mean to blana. You know the Girl Code Book has some pretty big words in it. Maybe she had some trouble getting past the first three lines. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]</STRONG>
Well, she is pretty stupid...nope. Still hate for what she did. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Louisiana- And then my pinthk fwairy pwrinthess costhume abandoned me twoo! Nwell swaid that it got wost, but thee was wying! *snerk*

[img]smilies/love.gif[/img]
Katie
Old 01-30-2004, 03:18 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by antisocial:
<STRONG>And why do the writers make out like Lana is such a tragic figure? It's like she's so much worse off than everyone else. Hello Lex! His childhood sucked more than Lana's ever did and it's just frustrating when all the focus goes on how hard-done by Lana is and we should all weep for her pain.
</STRONG>
That's another thing that bothers me. Every character has troubles with something, but Lana is the one who cries the most about it. I understand that she's sad about what happened to her parents, but the other characters had bad experiences too. She should look around and see that many other people around her have problems too. But I guess that won't happen anytime soon. [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]

[img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] @Katie.
Old 01-30-2004, 03:31 PM
Dedicated Fan

Yeah, its like we are supposed to think that everyine else's problems are not nearly as improtant as Lana's even when they clearly are much bigger.
Old 01-30-2004, 04:02 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Louisiana:
<STRONG>

That's another thing that bothers me. Every character has troubles with something, but Lana is the one who cries the most about it. I understand that she's sad about what happened to her parents, but the other characters had bad experiences too. She should look around and see that many other people around her have problems too. But I guess that won't happen anytime soon. [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img] </STRONG>
Exactly!!

Lex's mother AND baby brother died when he was little; he was in an accident that made him forever bald, and his father treats him worse than gum on his shoe.

Chloe's mother made the choice to desert Chloe and everyday chooses not to contact her own daughter. Talk about feeling unloved.

Clark lived 16 years of his life thinking that his parents sent him to earth because he was defective, or unwanted or anything else.

Now. Lana. Her parents both loved her a ton, but were asccidently killed. She has never had a reason to doubt their love for her. She then had a loving aunt who took her into her home and raised her as her own daughter. WOW! Awful! No wonder she whines and cries about her parents the most. She has had the worst childhood ever! Bah. Idiot. [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]

We heard about Chloe's mom situation once. In one episode. For five fimutes or less. Ever.

We hear about Lana's issues ALL THE TIME. In every other episode. We have had 3 or 4 grave scenes for heaven's sake. And if that wasn't bad enough, we had a big Henry Small storyline because, you know, there really wasn't enough discussion of Lana's parent sitution before.

Gah, do the writers even think about what they're doing?

[ 01-30-2004: Message edited Candygirl ]
Old 01-30-2004, 04:36 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Candygirl:
<STRONG>

Gah, do the writers even think about what they're doing?

[ 01-30-2004: Message edited Candygirl ]</STRONG>
Now, thats an interesting question, and I think that all evedince points to the answer being no. If they thought about it at all then they would not have made her the whiny annoying charachter that she is. We feel sorry for the other charachters and their losses because they are much more sympathetic charachters. But because Lana talks about it so much and exagerates her problems, we can't feel bad for her, only annoyed. Everyone else seems to be living their lives even though bad things happened, whereas Lana seems to refuse to ever move on, or even admit that other people have it worse then she does.
Old 01-30-2004, 05:09 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally posted by dsapiro:
<STRONG>

Now, thats an interesting question, and I think that all evedince points to the answer being no. If they thought about it at all then they would not have made her the whiny annoying charachter that she is. We feel sorry for the other charachters and their losses because they are much more sympathetic charachters. But because Lana talks about it so much and exagerates her problems, we can't feel bad for her, only annoyed. Everyone else seems to be living their lives even though bad things happened, whereas Lana seems to refuse to ever move on, or even admit that other people have it worse then she does.</STRONG>
Right. She talks to her parents in the graveyard. She wears a kryptonite necklace to make sure everyone is reminded of the meteor shower and poor Lana's tragic loss [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]

She only complained about Perry bringing it up because he wasn't pitying her and worshipping her little pink feet. Making out it was something painful to talk about, and she had tried to move on. What a liar!

[ 01-30-2004: Message edited antisocial ]
Old 01-31-2004, 09:35 AM
Extreme Fan

*joins in* I just recently discovered I'm really starting to hate Lana [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] She didn't bother me in most of the 1st season but now I'm watching s2 ... it's just too much!

Besides the fact that's she's a big whiner (I'm not going there now) there's that she doesn't treat her friends good ... at all!

about clark
s1: first Lana barely knew he existed. and when she "woke up", she just used him to get to Withney. She leads Clark on all the time.
s2 : She waited very long to take a step while she knew very well how clark feeled. and what's wrong with taking the first step if she knows it and clark's too scared!

Also, and that's in all the seasons, she doesn't trust him at all. Of course, there's the issue of him not telling everything, but still ... If someone says something bad about Clark she always believes the other person. not Clark. Doesn't matter how many times he saved her or helped her ... if someone says something bad about him, it must be true. Plus, when Clark tells her to watch out for someone he's just jelous to her. No way he can be right!!
Old 01-31-2004, 11:11 AM
Loyal Fan

Candy- I know! I think Chloe's is the worst compared to Lana's in the sense that Lana makes it sound like her situation is as bad. With Clark you know that his parents really did love him. A lot. Lex is totally screwed over, but his mother did love him. As did that old nanny of his that bit the dust. But Chloe's mother obviously didn't love Chloe. Lana had loving parents, a aunt who cared enough about her to adopt her and love her tons. Lana proceeds to be totally ungrateful and a complete b*tch by complaining that everybody abandons her. Hello? They friggin' died. Nell wanted you to come with her, but you refused and dumped your pink crap on a girl who was trying to be nice. I see your "idiot" and raise you a moron. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

BTW, I'm gonna try to make a banner with the smackdown caps. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Hey greetvdm. [img]smilies/wave.gif[/img] Have fun here. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

[img]smilies/love.gif[/img]
Katie
Old 01-31-2004, 05:47 PM
Dedicated Fan

One of the things I hate most about Lana are her "secrets and lies" speeches. Friends are allowed to keep secrets from eachother. One friend trusts the other enough to know that they wont keep any secrets that will hurt the other, but they are still allowed to have secrets. And with Lana, its not like they had even been friends for very long. I certianly wouldn't tell someone, who I had only been friends with for a little while, everything about me.
Old 01-31-2004, 06:11 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by dsapiro:
<STRONG>One of the things I hate most about Lana are her "secrets and lies" speeches. Friends are allowed to keep secrets from eachother. One friend trusts the other enough to know that they wont keep any secrets that will hurt the other, but they are still allowed to have secrets. And with Lana, its not like they had even been friends for very long. I certianly wouldn't tell someone, who I had only been friends with for a little while, everything about me.</STRONG>
Thank you! Does anyone really ever tell someone else every single thing in their life? People are supposed to have secrets. I'm a firm believer in people minding their own business. People open up when they open up. If they don't want to, you don't pull this crap about "if you were my friend, you'd tell me."

I didn't hear Lana telling Whitney about her feelings for Clark, even though she tried to make out with him while still dating Whit. For one who acts like she's all about honesty, she sure doesn't practice what she preaches.
Old 01-31-2004, 11:28 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
<STRONG>Thank you! Does anyone really ever tell someone else every single thing in their life? People are supposed to have secrets. I'm a firm believer in people minding their own business. People open up when they open up. If they don't want to, you don't pull this crap about "if you were my friend, you'd tell me."
</STRONG>
WORD! Word to the nth power. When she started the whole "secrets and lies" bs she had only been friends with Clark what? A year? Not even? And Clark is susposed to open up and tell her everything because she brings up her issues at every avaiable oppurtunity? There are very few times when I actually thought the secrets and lies convos were actually justified (Red and Rush being amoung them).

Also? It was obvious since season one that Lana had feelings for Clark. Why the whole "We're friends" ploy? I never understood that one either. Because seriously I never act like that around MY friends. With the lingering stares and the (bad) flirting. Why not just tell Clark how you feel, since it's obvious how he feels about Lana? Clark never knew that Lana had serious feelings for him because anytime anything happened Lana would retreat behind this "we're just friends" thing. Which, honestly, I never bought that they were friends. Like Adam said in the last episode, friends are not that uncomfortable around each other.

*whew* felt good to blow off some steam. ^_^

~Morgan
Old 01-31-2004, 11:56 PM
Loyal Fan

Hey all,

Okay, after last night's truly horrible episode (Visage), I have to change my vote from season one, to season two Lana as most annoying Lana ever! The last scene of Lana wailing to the ever indulgent Clark that everyone aaaaalllllllllwwwwwwwwwwaaaaaaaayyyyyyysssssss leaves her literally made me scream with disgust. Yes, Lana, your parents chose to stand in the exact spot that a meteor was going to hit (why, oh why wasn't Lana there with them???), so they chose to get dead and leave you.

I'm afraid that after this, I was blocking my ears, but even watching her mouth silently flap was enough to know that she was still relating the many evils that have befallen her short but oh so tragic life. Give. Me. A. Break.

(Perhaps she should have a dose of reality and perhaps watch a special on how many children are dying of starvation in a third world country and consider, for just a second, that her life (with the roof over her head, food in her mouth and every male idiot in the suburb in love with her) isn't quite as bad as she makes it out to be.)

The problem is, until people stop patting her on the head and sighing over how hard a deal the poor little fairy princess got, we are never going to get out of the vicious (and vapid) Lana cycle.

Kerry
Old 02-01-2004, 03:07 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
<STRONG>I'm a firm believer in people minding their own business.
Word!

Quote:
I didn't hear Lana telling Whitney about her feelings for Clark, even though she tried to make out with him while still dating Whit. For one who acts like she's all about honesty, she sure doesn't practice what she preaches.</STRONG>
If Lana really believed in honesty then she would have behaved entirely differently in Shimmer. Instead of whining to Clark that Whitney wasn't paying attention so she was looking for a better offer, she would actually have spoken to Whitney about her feelings on the relationship. Or maybe Lana only values honesty when it applies to people other than her?
Old 02-02-2004, 06:38 PM
Part-Time Fan

Just stopping by to say that I love the thread title. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Jaina.Zekk, Sam.Jack, Clark.Chloe, Ron.Hermione
Old 02-04-2004, 03:14 PM
Extreme Fan

Great new thread! Please add me to the list. I love the title! [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

Hmm, I think season two Lana is the most annoying thing I've ever seen. But she was [img]smilies/puke.gif[/img] as hell in s1 and now s3, too!

Jayne : Are you saying River's a witch?
Wash : Yes, Jayne, she's a witch. She's had congress with the Beast.
Jayne : She's in Congress?
Wash : How did your brain even learn human speech?
Closed Thread   Post New Thread