Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-28-2004, 03:59 PM
Absolute Fan

Lana Lang Unappreciation Thread # 5: Because Stompy is our King!

Welcome! This thread is for posters to discuss the problems, flaws and reasons for disliking the character of Lana Lang.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Some General Rules

*Threads like this always go a lot better with spirited, intelligent debate about why you dislike the character, how you can improve her, etc, etc. Posts like that are greatly appreciated, and come on--you have to have a reason for disliking the character? So why not discuss it in detail?

*The thread is for the discussion of why people have problems with the Lana character. Therefore, it is *not* the place for ardent Lana supporters who think the character can do no wrong, because people *will* say things here that might offend you. If you have something to share about what's wrong with the Lana character, then come on in! If you think Lana is the greatest thing ever, then you'll be better off at the Lana Appreciation Thread, not here.

*This thread is for the discussion of the character of Lana. If you have issues with Kristin Kreuk or the way she plays the character, you should post that on the Critique Thread. Again, this is for *character themed* posts. Discussing how the writers are writing the character is fine--actress comments are not.

*No troll like behavior, baiting people into fights, or leveling negative posts at other posters on the board. This goes for *both* sides---Lana fans should not come in here and insult non Lana fans, and non Lana fans should not insult Lana fans. In effect no, "You guys suck and are poo-poo heads! Lana is the best ever!" comments, and no "Lana fans are poo=poo heads and they suck!" comments either.

If someone should come onto the thread, trolling or baiting posters into an argument, do not respond. Simply PM a moderator, and they will edit/delete the post for you.

*Please abide by Fan Forum's Rules at all times on the thread.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

[img]smilies/star.gif[/img] Suggested Thread Titles [img]smilies/star.gif[/img]

Because we don't like Pink, okay!?
Bad things happens in pink.
Because we don't all bow to Her Pinkness
Cause pink is scary
Because she?s a walking plague in pink.
Because there?s a reason why people abandon her.
Because we?d rather watch paint dry
Because she had more chemistry with the horse
Because it doesn?t take a genius to serve coffee
Because pink stinks!
Because under the annoying, she's just dull
Because she's her own biggest fan
Because the fairy princess should fly away
Because she's just a pretty face
Because she's a pretty face with an empty head
Because the tornado was our would-be hero
Because the attempts on her life should be a clue
Because everybody leaves her for a reason
Because the tornado had the right idea

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

[img]smilies/star.gif[/img] Members [img]smilies/star.gif[/img]

1. *Sugi*
2. *Candygirl*
3. AlwaysPretending - Kerry
4. dsaprio - Deb
5. antisocial
6. hfce - Hope
7. Katie
8. RealFaith
9. Louisiana
10. Kayley
11. NiennaValandil
12. punkmusicc
13. x Something Blue x
14. ilovejg
15. kutu
16 PiperHalliwell8
17. CanonsAreWorthless
18. Swamy
19. Orlando
20. Agnes Bean
21. Sooz
22. So Evil
23. StrongPlacebo
24. LaneKent
25. ColumbiaBlue

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

[img]smilies/star.gif[/img] Our Mascot: Stompy the Horse. [img]smilies/star.gif[/img]

In Episode #308 called "Shattered", this noble steed became a hero to many when he stomped on Lana, landing her in hospital. We recognize his brave attempt to rid the world of pink evil, and we honor him for it.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Lana Lang Hatelistings

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Art

~Ditey

~Humbug Girl

~Humbug Girl

~MinnieMay

~Ditey

~*Katie~*

Topic Starter

From what you've seen so far, which had been the worst: season one Lana, season two Lana, or season three Lana?

Note: There's a new members list for this thread! Say the word if you'd like to be on it... go ahead, I know you want to. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

.: l LJ l :. .: l Icon Journal l :.

"Most people bring a coffee- he brought a ******* machine gun!"

Last edited by *Sugi*; 10-04-2004 at 01:09 AM
Old 01-28-2004, 04:37 PM
Loyal Fan

From what you've seen so far, which had been the worst: season one Lana, season two Lana, or season three Lana?

I'll have to say (but it is mostly by default) season one. Of course, this is the season that I have mostly watched, so I really have no other option but I am getting quite adept, as season two carries on over here, at sensing the Lana bits and acting accordingly...with the mute button [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

I love the homage to the horse that trod on Lana so effectively - may he never enter a can of dog food! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Could you add me to the list please?

Kerry
Old 01-28-2004, 05:34 PM
Dedicated Fan

I haven't really decided which I hate more between season two and three Lana. I think season 2 though, because it seems that is when she was really the most mean to Chloe, although it really is a close race...

Add me too.
Old 01-28-2004, 06:20 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I'd like to be added to the list [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

I think season 2 Lana had to be the worst. We saw way too much of her for a start! Also she was a real passive aggressive bitch to Chloe in that season.

In season 1 she was always stringing Clark along. When Whitney wasn't available, or not paying her enough attention, she would use Clark to get Whitney interested again. She first did that in Cool when she went in the limo with Clark. She did it again in Shimmer when Whitney wasn't paying enough attention. She also tried to get Whitney jealous by going to Clark's party, and she had Clark as a back-up option date for her birthday. She loves stringing people along and feeling like the worshipped little princess.

She was planning on cheating on Whitney and the characters acted like that was Lana's right, she was just exploring her options and it was Whitney's hard luck for not treating her well enough. He was only not paying her enough attention, not battering her [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img] She could have broken up with Whitney first.

And I HATE HATE HATE Lana in Crush. All those beautiful Clark/Chloe moments and Lana kept sticking her pink head in. And at the end when she was eyeing up Clark at Whiteny's dads funerals that was so trashy! And she was dumb in Tempest for climbing back in her truck [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]
Old 01-28-2004, 06:32 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I hate season 2 Lana the most because she put a man in front of her respect for her "friend" Chloe. She was sharing Chloe's house, Chloe was saying how Lana was like her sister. Has Lana not heard of the expression "Chicks before d**ks"? I would never screw over any of my friends for a guy. I hate Lana's watery eyes and "I can't help the way he feels". If she'd be an all out bitch like Cordelia from Buffy I would like her more. It's the sneaky passive aggressiveness that I can't stand.

When she looked at Chloe's photos of Clark she knew that Chloe had strong feelings for Clark. The lowest possible thing to do was to run straight to Clark and whine that Chloe wasn't making her feel part of the family because she dared get pissed off at Lana sneaking through her personal belongings. Why can't Lana be an adult and own up to her behaviour? She twists everything so that Clark thinks she's in the right. She never even admitted snooping, it was all whining about Chloe being mean to her just so Clark would get Chloe to apologise. I couldn't believe the writers had Chloe tell Lana she was sorry for getting upset, and then say Lana was like her family. Family does not act like Lana does!

She should never have pursued Clark behind Chloe's back. I really hate the ending of Fever after Lana had read Chloe's letter about loving Clark. Then Lana goes straight to wind Clark around her little finger again. Clark asks how Chloe's doing, and Lana immediately switches the conversation back to herself and flirts with Clark, whilst looking right at a heartbroken Chloe from across the room. Chloe opened her home to Lana, and Lana sneaked around behind her back. If I were Chloe I would not only have told Lana to find somewhere else to live, I would have given Lana a swift boot out the door.

Season 3 Lana is just as drippy and whiny as ever. But season 2 Lana just has to be the worst.
Old 01-28-2004, 06:32 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Edit.

[ 01-28-2004: Message edited antisocial ]
Old 01-29-2004, 12:38 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by antisocial:
<STRONG>
She should never have pursued Clark behind Chloe's back. I really hate the ending of Fever after Lana had read Chloe's letter about loving Clark. Then Lana goes straight to wind Clark around her little finger again. Clark asks how Chloe's doing, and Lana immediately switches the conversation back to herself and flirts with Clark, whilst looking right at a heartbroken Chloe from across the room. Chloe opened her home to Lana, and Lana sneaked around behind her back. If I were Chloe I would not only have told Lana to find somewhere else to live, I would have given Lana a swift boot out the door.

</STRONG>
Exactly!

I really wouldn't mind Lana so much if she didn't do the passive aggressive thing, and would just say what she meant... no, wait, I still wouldn't like her. She just comes accross as a wolf in idiot's clothing sometimes, and it just makes no sense. The way she kept beating down Chloe, then trying to be her friend made me sick. I can't believe they'd expect us to sympathize and/or appreciate a character like hers. I thought season 2 blana was the worst, seeing as how everybody always went out of their way to please her. Like she was some sort of a sacred icon instead of the glorified waitress. Pffft, ridiculous.

I'm really not paying much attention to the Adam plot at the moment. It's just another excuse to keep Clark's attention on Lana, and make him lose focus on the people who are supposed to be his friends. They should spend a little more time focussing on other relationships.

Old 01-29-2004, 10:40 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally posted by *Sugi*:
<STRONG> The way she kept beating down Chloe, then trying to be her friend made me sick. I can't believe they'd expect us to sympathize and/or appreciate a character like hers. </STRONG>

I always wondered if it was to do with most of the writers being male, including the creaters. Maybe they don't realise the unwritten rule that you don't pursue the guy that your best friend is on love with? For instance, if Pete suddenly started chasing Lana the writers would have real tension between Clark and Pete because that's not what friends do to each other.

But they seem to think that when girls are catty to one another they just overlook it. No female would be as much as a doormat as they made Chloe with Lana. Chloe saved all the rage for Clark lying to her. But it's nearly always the other female that is blamed, the writers should watch a talk show once in a while [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

That sisterly bonding was just so fake and unrealistic. I really think the writers didn't realise how horrible Lana was being to Chloe. If they spend time around high school girls mauybe they would understand the girl code Lana broke.
Old 01-29-2004, 02:48 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by antisocial:
<STRONG>

I always wondered if it was to do with most of the writers being male, including the creaters. Maybe they don't realise the unwritten rule that you don't pursue the guy that your best friend is on love with? For instance, if Pete suddenly started chasing Lana the writers would have real tension between Clark and Pete because that's not what friends do to each other.

But they seem to think that when girls are catty to one another they just overlook it. No female would be as much as a doormat as they made Chloe with Lana. Chloe saved all the rage for Clark lying to her. But it's nearly always the other female that is blamed, the writers should watch a talk show once in a while [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

That sisterly bonding was just so fake and unrealistic. I really think the writers didn't realise how horrible Lana was being to Chloe. If they spend time around high school girls mauybe they would understand the girl code Lana broke.</STRONG>
Maybe you are right and the writers don't realize that no girl would act like that, and if she did, she would certianly not be loved by all. I think that is what I hate the most, that everyone still loves her even after the horrible things she does.
Old 01-29-2004, 03:21 PM
Elite Fan

Please put me on this list. Without a doubt Blana brought out my LOATH FOR THAT BITCH!!! in season 2. My eye twitches everytime she comes on my tv. In fact my whole body does this whole jerk motion when she comes on. My body yells STOP IT STOP MAKING ME LISTEN TO THIS PINK BIATCH!!!!!!!!! I think she is a pink selfish, whiny, self absorbed person. And please someone start a bon fire and burn everything pink she owns including that pink PDA she had last night. When Chloe was beating her I imagined that was me doing it for every damn whine and selfishness this bitch does. She is never sorry and always right. UGH!! [img]smilies/mad.gif[/img] Come on everybody chant with me: DOWN WITH PINK!! DOWN WITH PINK!!!!....

Hope [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

[ 01-29-2004: Message edited hfce ]
Old 01-29-2004, 04:18 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by hfce:
<STRONG>Please put me on this list. Without a doubt Blana brought out my LOATH FOR THAT BITCH!!! in season 2. My eye twitches everytime she comes on my tv. In fact my whole body does this whole jerk motion when she comes on. My body yells STOP IT STOP MAKING ME LISTEN TO THIS PINK BIATCH!!!!!!!!! I think she is a pink selfish, whiny, self absorbed person. And please someone start a bon fire and burn everything pink she owns including that pink PDA she had last night. When Chloe was beating her I imagined that was me doing it for every damn whine and selfishness this bitch does. She is never sorry and always right. UGH!! [img]smilies/mad.gif[/img] Come on everybody chant with me: DOWN WITH PINK!! DOWN WITH PINK!!!!....

Hope [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

[ 01-29-2004: Message edited hfce ]</STRONG>

DOWN WITH PINK! DOWN WITH PINK!! DOWN WITH PINK!!!

Wow thats fun, I should do it more often...
Old 01-29-2004, 08:18 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
We recognize his brave attempt to rid the world of pink evil, and we honor him for it.
[img]smilies/rotfl.gif[/img] Oh, dear. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

S2!Lana. Waaaay too much, and so damn mean to Chloe. [img]smilies/mad.gif[/img] I hated Exodus where she had tons of chances to tell Chloe about the squicky Clana macking and she didn't. The hell? The girl code, Lana, the friggin' girl code! [img]smilies/look.gif[/img] Sorry. Got carried away.

Oooh, add me to the list! And add as Katie, eh? I change my s/n too much...'tis confusing. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

[img]smilies/love.gif[/img]
Katie
Old 01-29-2004, 09:52 PM
Absolute Fan

All added!

[img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] That was beautiful Hope. I think Deb should give you ice-cream for that one.

Katie, don't be mean to blana. You know the Girl Code Book has some pretty big words in it. Maybe she had some trouble getting past the first three lines. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Old 01-30-2004, 01:33 AM
Passionate Fan

I go for season 2 Lana. Because Whitney dies and she was only talking about herself and that it was her fault that he's dead and stuff. And because she reads Chloe's letter, checks out the pics from the prom and cries about losing everyone she loves. Hello? Nell isn't dead, she just lives in another city! And Chloe is there for you too although you don't really deserve it! Arg, this woman makes me sick. [img]smilies/mad.gif[/img]

Can I be added to the list please? [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-30-2004, 10:40 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally posted by Louisiana:
I go for season 2 Lana. Because Whitney dies and she was only talking about herself and that it was her fault that he's dead and stuff.
She did that when her horse died as well. She cried about someone else abandoning her like she sees everything in the world in how it relates to her. Everytime someone dies it's sad because of how it affects Lana.

Quote:
And because she reads Chloe's letter, checks out the pics from the prom and cries about losing everyone she loves. Hello? Nell isn't dead, she just lives in another city!
What I loved was Nell trying to encourage Lana to come with her by telling her about the horses and everything, she only left Lana behind reluctanctly when Lana insisted. Then in the very next episode Lana has decided that someone abandoned her, and she is twisting it all to Chloe that Nell left her. I feel so bad for Nell. She spend years bringing Lana up, we had scenes where she talked of saving up money for Lana's college fund, she tried to talk up Lana's parents, when Lana ran away Nell said adopting Lana was the best thing that she ever did.

Lana should have seen Nell as her mother seeing as Nell took care of Lana from the age of three. And then Nell meets a nice man and wants to move somewhere new and Lana decides she's the wicked witch [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img] What an ungrateful spoilt brat. She owes Nell her thanks, instead of trashing her all the time just so that Lana can play up the orphan card.

And why do the writers make out like Lana is such a tragic figure? It's like she's so much worse off than everyone else. Hello Lex! His childhood sucked more than Lana's ever did and it's just frustrating when all the focus goes on how hard-done by Lana is and we should all weep for her pain.

[ 01-30-2004: Message edited antisocial ]