Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-05-2020, 08:13 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternalfate (View Post)
No I don't think they would've rekindled because the message to me for Clana was that they alwas had to be the same kind of person to make their relationship work. They either both had to be mortals or they both had to have powers. So that didn't work for me.

Whereas with Lois it was just going to work just because it worked....

It was just odd....

I'll say and still stick by if she knew his secret earlier then things would've been different or even if Lana never got powers, stayed in Smallville, still knew Clark secret then probably done the line... because Clark probably would've still been all about Lana... which was another big issue was that in the dialogue the writers always told me that Clark couldn't grow if Lana stuck around.
I think Lana would still have left him in the end. Otherwise agreed
Old 10-06-2020, 01:55 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Man that's interesting you think that... I just don't see why she would've left him if she knew everything earlier and they were together a longer period...
eternalfate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2020, 02:04 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternalfate (View Post)
Man that's interesting you think that... I just don't see why she would've left him if she knew everything earlier and they were together a longer period...
Because I don't see how knowing earlier would change the fact that he had powers and she didn't and that made her feel unequal to him.... so she felt like she was holding him back. I don't see how it would change how he acted around her either because even in the beginning he dropped everything for Lana, and my theory was as I said in the other thread that he just had this life envisioned with her..and he would have tried to follow that path. She just didn't push him forward and didn't seem to inspire him to greatness... from what we saw. (again not her fault but jsut their dynamic...which I dont see how knowing his secret sooner would change that.

Now of course their trust issues would have been better and the whole Lexanna thing would have never happened so their relationship would have been stronger...but I still think she would have had this nagging problem like she did. Now if they broke up because they could just never trust each other again or that she felt that she just wasn't "good enough" for him because of the darkness that fell her when she was with Lex... then I would see them together at the end but I wouldn't see Clark as Superman... but because those were not ultimately the reasons why she left and her "Fix" of their relationship was just getting powers (because they reunited like there was no bad blood between them just because she had powers)... ..I still think it would have ended the same....

I still love Clana soooo much
Old 10-10-2020, 08:01 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I believe if she found out earlier, they woul'dve been real close with their ups and down but Lana's personality would've never gotten as dark as it gotten so I don't think she'd feel the need to get superpowers... everything about Lana change in the later seasons was contributed to Lex... and even the first path of growth happened when she went to Paris. So much of that would've happened so different.

It's interesting how different' things would've been.
It probably would've been Clark pushing Lana away more actually....
Old 10-10-2020, 08:05 PM
Extreme Fan

Although Lana recongized her need for Power back when she got together with Lex.... the episode when she went oversees somewhere and she felt that power. I feel like when Wraith happened is when she decided that she wanted Clark's powers.. she even mentioned in S8... once she had those powers she wanted them. So I really feel like that was just part of her personality.

Lana really wanted to explore the world before she went to Paris so I feel like at some point she would have?

Although lets be real this is smallville and if she did know his secret early there would have been a ton of other ***** that happened...they were never going to let Clana be happy together for long. (only ones that got that were Clois and that was really only in S10 final season)
activia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2020, 08:59 AM
Extreme Fan

So I've been reading through some old Clana threads (not a lot of Clana fans around here right now) and gosh it hurts so much that Clana fans have to bash Clois/Lois all the time!!!!! (It happens both ways btw.... but Clana fans seem to attack more probably because they didn't get end game)

They weren't even a love triangle! I'm bitter... They just need to admit that they couldnt give Clois a chance because they were bitter about Clana.... and Clark was a lot different Lana... but that doesnt equal he doesn't love her or no chemistry.

Now I will righty admit I did not give Jason/Lana a chance or Whitney/Lana or Lexanna (I wouldn't give the time a day)...because just NO

There must be other rare fans out there that love both as deeply as me.............somewhere.......... too bad its 9 years after the show ended.

It's annoying for me because I want to really enjoy when they talk about the positives of just their ship in the threads but have to keep skimming through the hate It's everywhere here, youtube, tumblr...sigh

- end rant
Old 10-14-2020, 12:35 PM
Elite Fan

I’ll admit, Clana had their moments in the earlier seasons.

The most damaging thing for me however was the triangle with Lex in seasons 5-6. By that point I was just waiting for KK to leave like they said she’d planned to. Season 7 ended and I was ready to move on to a more Superman show. And I got it.

Clark couldn’t stay on the farm in the barn with his telescope forever. The show had to evolve and move closer towards his destiny. For the sake of his own development I’m eternally grateful the writers finally had him go work at the DP with Lois. He wanted to be there so he’d know whenever he was needed, and eventually became the city’s mysterious unseen hero.

Long overdue, if you ask me.
Old 10-14-2020, 01:19 PM
Extreme Fan

I loved the angst in S6! It's one of the things I really love about them. How much they still loved each other in spite of Lexanna. I mean these gifs take my breathe away

I mean Look at TW here, this is just amazing the amount of emotion in his eyes!

Don't get me wrong I loved S8-10 and agree that Clark going to the DP was over due and Clois was awesome!!
Old 10-19-2020, 04:35 AM
Fan Forum Hero

This is one of my favorite scenes:

TomsEnough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2020, 02:15 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by activia (View Post)
So I've been reading through some old Clana threads (not a lot of Clana fans around here right now) and gosh it hurts so much that Clana fans have to bash Clois/Lois all the time!!!!! (It happens both ways btw.... but Clana fans seem to attack more probably because they didn't get end game)

They weren't even a love triangle! I'm bitter... They just need to admit that they couldnt give Clois a chance because they were bitter about Clana.... and Clark was a lot different Lana... but that doesnt equal he doesn't love her or no chemistry.

Now I will righty admit I did not give Jason/Lana a chance or Whitney/Lana or Lexanna (I wouldn't give the time a day)...because just NO

There must be other rare fans out there that love both as deeply as me.............somewhere.......... too bad its 9 years after the show ended.

It's annoying for me because I want to really enjoy when they talk about the positives of just their ship in the threads but have to keep skimming through the hate It's everywhere here, youtube, tumblr...sigh

- end rant
A lot of fans especially back when the show was airing just didn't like both. lol
Shipper wars unfortunately exist. I think the shipper war of Clana vs Chlark was actually bigger... makes sense seeing as how it was more of a triangle.
But yeah Clana and Clois don't share the same shippers... makes sense. lol

I can see from the perspective of Clana fans, they probably feel they got cheated and they fought so hard to be together yet they still ended up apart.
Clois shippers probably were never Clana fans to begin with so that makes sense. lol

I was one of the fans who gave each ship a chance... did I ended up shipping them or not after I gave them a chance is a different story of course.
Old 10-20-2020, 03:24 PM
Elite Fan

Ship wars were a total waste of time. We all knew who Clark was going to end up with. Arguing over it just seemed kind of pointless.

Kristin just finalised things when she decided to move on and left the show.
Old 10-22-2020, 04:14 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Tom still wants Lois & Lana to fight over Clark.
TomsEnough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2020, 04:48 AM
Extreme Fan

^^^ Oh no, I am glad it never happened on screen.
rpmaluki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2020, 09:01 AM
Extreme Fan

^^ when did he say that?

I do still think it would settle a lot of things if Lana came back for the finale and the suit K ran out or something ....and it was clear he was all for Lois. Lots of fans still think Lois was his second choice...since he was torn away from Lana.

Although I think he proved it in season 10 with his words
Old 10-22-2020, 01:15 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomsEnough (View Post)
Tom still wants Lois & Lana to fight over Clark.
Then he can read this comic.