Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-07-2020, 07:03 AM
Extreme Fan

I am so glad that I love both pairings because it really helped me to enjoy and fully experience the entire show. While I found Clois to be a lot more satisfying and "feel good" and ultimately OTP... Clana will always have a special place in my heart
Old 08-08-2020, 05:03 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternalfate (View Post)
^ No, I never wrote to the show. lol
Oh, okay. But, some fans did!
TomsEnough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2020, 07:43 AM
Extreme Fan

Loving them both...The season 8 arc is such a mix of emotions...

First I'm rooting for Clois hard-core. Pissed that their kiss is interrupted and then the Clana scene I'm like hmmmm. Stop damn it dont pull me in again. Then when Clana kisses again I'm like **** I can't help it I love them. You shouldn't go back Clark..but damn I love you guys. Yes they had sex again! Woooot aww look at them being a power couple! Go Clana! Fun times.... oh no... well this is sad *cries*... thanks for the last heartbreak... NEXT EPI..

You're late getting Lois!! Bad Clark Bad! But wait, Why are you not thinking at all about Lana???! Good you picked her up on time, but damn of course you aren't going to tell her.. !! GRRRRR Why did you stand up Lois???!! Is it because you aren't over Lana?? Cause you can't be after just a couple of weeks...Why are we not SEEING this...GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR bad bad bad bad

No mention of Lana again...ahh but I love CLOIS!!!!! nothing about Lana....come on Clark we know you loved Lana nothing?? Nothing??? ... CLOIS!!!! LOVE CLOISE!!!
FINALLY in S9 we get something! Yes nice goodbye and glad we get some mention of you letting go of her for real and that it wasn't like she suddenly didn't exist or never did exist in your life.

WHERE IS LANA!!??? Nothing, no phone call, no mention....helloooooooo she should be in the finale at least!!
Old 09-10-2020, 07:06 PM
Fan Forum Legend

^ I am happy that you got to enjoy them both. lol It probably would've made the show more enjoyable for me season 7 and the Lana season 8 arc. lol

The way they wrote season 8 was odd but it does show the writers just gave Clana fans a perfect arc to their story and kept hope open for those fans because you can literally erase Lana arc from the season and it would be like you didn't miss anything.
8x11 "Legion" is the only Lana episode in season 8 you need to watch and you can just skip to 8x15.
eternalfate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2020, 05:36 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
^ I am happy that you got to enjoy them both. lol It probably would've made the show more enjoyable for me season 7 and the Lana season 8 arc. lol

The way they wrote season 8 was odd but it does show the writers just gave Clana fans a perfect arc to their story and kept hope open for those fans because you can literally erase Lana arc from the season and it would be like you didn't miss anything.
8x11 "Legion" is the only Lana episode in season 8 you need to watch and you can just skip to 8x15.
It's really one of the weirdest arcs. The tone, the story, everything about it is so out of place for the season....like it just doesn't belong...its an intermission from your regularly scheduled season.

S7 was disappointing as a Clana fan though.

I did appreciate the ending as a Clana fan but..I have to give my husbands reaction to it last night tho because whoa..I'll do that in General thread.

Still waiting to find someone that loves Clana and Clois as much as I do lol. I seriously don't know how I can love BOTH of them so damn much!! I blame Clark

Last edited by activia; 09-11-2020 at 10:49 AM
activia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2020, 06:42 PM
Fan Forum Legend

^ I agree, clearly they ust wanted to give Clana fans their closure and almost happy ending.

It would be awesome to find more fans like you who loves them both. lol Might be difficult to do.

Old 09-13-2020, 02:53 PM
Extreme Fan

I've been puttering around the fandom and boy a lot of people are in one or the other and bash the other like crazy. Then there are some early clana fans that are also clois fans... i did find one that was clana clois and lexanna..that was ...special. that one new reactor he was so invested that he felt all the clana feels thru s7 almost s8 and rooted for them early on and then was a big lois clois fan. But no one have i seen with my level of love for both. I was surprised because they aren't a love triangle? To me it affect like one book was closed and another one opened. Maybe my love of clois helped me accept the clana end.... without removing my clana feels. I don't know if I would have felt the same for clana if it weren't for their amazing chemistry. While I do think Erica and Tom had awesome chemistry I still think Kristij and Tom was something really special.
Old 09-14-2020, 06:47 AM
Extreme Fan

Like I said in another thread, I couldn't like Clana because I was exposed to Clois pretty much early on growing up and once she was introduced to the show, I was waiting expectedly for them to get together.

When I originally stopped watching, it was in S5 and I think that's when Lexana was a thing so while I wasn't a fan of Clana, I tolerated them (to an extent). It was the writing for Clark and Jor-El, that drove me off the edge with the show. I loathed how antagonistic it was and couldn't understand why they went in that direction when I knew Jor-El, out of his love for his son saved him and wanted the best for him, that's why he sent him to earth and so forth but Smallville had other ideas. It still bugs me even today.
rpmaluki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2020, 08:46 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpmaluki (View Post)
Like I said in another thread, I couldn't like Clana because I was exposed to Clois pretty much early on growing up and once she was introduced to the show, I was waiting expectedly for them to get together.

When I originally stopped watching, it was in S5 and I think that's when Lexana was a thing so while I wasn't a fan of Clana, I tolerated them (to an extent). It was the writing for Clark and Jor-El, that drove me off the edge with the show. I loathed how antagonistic it was and couldn't understand why they went in that direction when I knew Jor-El, out of his love for his son saved him and wanted the best for him, that's why he sent him to earth and so forth but Smallville had other ideas. It still bugs me even today.
I knew that Clois was end game as soon as Lois showed up. They had a ton of foreshadowing, they wanted the audience to know that Clois was it...but just not right now...from the moment she was introduced. So I knew that Clana was going to end... and it took me awhile to come to grips with that as i didnt know how far Clois was going to go in SV... It didn't matter. It didn't stop my feelings no matter how illogical they were for Clana.

Lexanna started mid season 5. I think you all know my hatred for that relationship. I had to look at spoilers to see if I was going to keep watching. I didn't expect the intense Clana angst that started 1/3rd the way through S6 which just swept me off my feet and promise was the most emotional episode of the show for me... although Reckoning was right there with it.

I wasn't a fan of the whole Jor-El thing..however I understood from a story point of view. They needed to keep Clark fighting his destiny, and they needed him to stay with his family/friends... so a key way to do that was to have him fight against his fathers wishes.... and so they had to make Jor-El an ass to do that (Clearly understood why Clark didn't listen to him... it was Jor-El's fault)

I also understood why they dragged on Clana and turned them what they did in S4-S6. It became a plot device to turn Clex into enemies for good....which is a direction they were trying to turn. It also became a Story arc for Lana to go through her dark period. It also served to further delay Clark on his way to his destiny so he stuck around smallville.
Old 09-16-2020, 06:33 PM
Fan Forum Legend

For a long time though it did feel like Clark and Lois wouldn't be endgame. So I am happy the show lasted 10 seasons for I could see them as endgame.

I disliked Lex/Lana when I was watching live but when I rewatched I didn't hate them as much until like mid season 6... I think because the more older I get, the less I like Clark/Lana... only because of how it was written but regardless of all my watches, my love for season 1-2 Clana remains as stronger.

I disliked the writing for Jor-EL so much...
Old 09-17-2020, 03:29 AM
Extreme Fan

Ugh, I hate how sometimes the writing can skew my perception of a couple because of their incessant "will they or won't they". There's a way to write this back and forth that's fun and keeps the expectation high, the key is to make the "chase" short lived and actually write the relationship but I'm one of those people that when it's written terribly, it seriously puts me off as I nitpick a lot. I was relatively young when the show first aired and with growth, I realise the things that made me feel some typa of way back then, only grew worse but those that I liked, I now love, LOVE. It's a sign of the times, I guess. I know today I balk at some of the typical romance tropes that were very popular years, sometimes decades ago, something like Clois is a welcome relief for me when I'm starting to dislike so many other types of romances found in fiction.
Old 09-17-2020, 06:11 AM
Extreme Fan

The will they won't they was very exhausting. I found it more so in S3/S4 (too long of the chase...especially after 2 seasons of chase that only lasted in a relationship for 1 episode). I was frustrated that they kept the same obstacle against them in S5. (haven't we learned yet that this relationship will not work if the secret is kept?) I wasn't really turned off until S7 when Lana got darker and the Bizarro thing happened.

I would say the whole bad boy getting saved by the good girl (as she gets abused) is a trope I haven't liked since high school. Since I'm knocking on 40 I dont think my opinion will change again. haha but who knows.

Clois was refreshing/beautiful.. healthy relationship. It's actually shown rarely. It's satisfying and enjoying to watch.

But Clana captivates me with their beautiful angst, Clark's selflessness especially in the early seasons, Lana's loyalty..and the intrigue and mystery.
Old 09-17-2020, 07:00 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by activia (View Post)
The will they won't they was very exhausting. I found it more so in S3/S4 (too long of the chase...especially after 2 seasons of chase that only lasted in a relationship for 1 episode). I was frustrated that they kept the same obstacle against them in S5. (haven't we learned yet that this relationship will not work if the secret is kept?) I wasn't really turned off until S7 when Lana got darker and the Bizarro thing happened.

I would say the whole bad boy getting saved by the good girl (as she gets abused) is a trope I haven't liked since high school. Since I'm knocking on 40 I dont think my opinion will change again. haha but who knows.

Clois was refreshing/beautiful.. healthy relationship. It's actually shown rarely. It's satisfying and enjoying to watch.

But Clana captivates me with their beautiful angst, Clark's selflessness especially in the early seasons, Lana's loyalty..and the intrigue and mystery.
THAT.IS.THE.ABSOLUTE.WORST!!!!!!

I love angst as long as it's balanced with actual payoffs (more than an episode). Give me at least a few /ten or episodes of absolute bliss before plunging the couple into more drama. My biggest gripe has also been a couple that doesn't seem to be on the same page. The biggest culprit is secrets and lies and since we can't get rid of this part, I at least expect the couple to basically be on the same wavelength despite their issues. I have seen couples where you can tell they no longer want the same things even when they were together and they still technically loved one another. There come a point when love is no longer enough to keep a couple together. How are you even supposed to root for that?

I think after Lexana, this was Clana. I felt there was no way you could roll back time and try and sell Clana (like they were the same high school kids we started with) when Lana became a completely different person with different motives and drives and Clark was also growing into the man he'd become. S7 perfectly showcased this and that's why I do not appreciate the weird little arc in the middle of S8. Since I never was their fan, I felt that was regression for both characters and ultimately an insult to their fans for dangling something improbable.
Old 09-17-2020, 07:17 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I felt Lexanna wasn't written that horrible up until season 6... when it was clear Lana loved Clark and Lex obsessive abusive side start coming out in order to keep Lana.
However, it was upsetting because late season 5 and early season 6, Lana did fall in love with Lex and I felt the writers rewrote that in the middle of the season 6 because they couldn't get over Clark/Lana get together to break up storyline that had gotten old and repetitive.

Also I agree, I feel the Lexanna relationship was the final straw in the Clana coffin... it felt so weird to see that relationship happen again. It was so strange and just steps taken backwards.

Clark and Lois ... it was about time when that relationship happened! It was slowburned and we got to slowly see them fall in love in time.
Old 09-17-2020, 07:41 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
I felt Lexanna wasn't written that horrible up until season 6... when it was clear Lana loved Clark and Lex obsessive abusive side start coming out in order to keep Lana.
However, it was upsetting because late season 5 and early season 6, Lana did fall in love with Lex and I felt the writers rewrote that in the middle of the season 6 because they couldn't get over Clark/Lana get together to break up storyline that had gotten old and repetitive.

Also I agree, I feel the Lexanna relationship was the final straw in the Clana coffin... it felt so weird to see that relationship happen again. It was so strange and just steps taken backwards.

Clark and Lois ... it was about time when that relationship happened! It was slowburned and we got to slowly see them fall in love in time.
It's a video with both my ships and I'm crying. There is not a more perfect video for this thread!!!

AHHHHHHHHH!!!!

From the moment Lexanna started it felt wrong to me. First off he goes after her when she is most vulnerable. The whole thing rubbed me the wrong way. Lana was way too sweet and good and Lex was way too dark at that point so he just pulled her down and into his world. I was SCREAMING for this poor girl. Talk about bad influence. It was really disgusting for me to watch. It made Lana crave power and control and taught her how to lie deceive, etc. and she even learned to threaten people (early in S6) the same way Lex did. It really didn't take long for her to be corrupted by him and I'm glad that episode with the crazy security guard pointed that out.

Also Lana was NEVER over Clark she was hurt and in pain and her feelings easily latched onto Lex who was acting like this girls savior although he was a wolf in sheeps clothing. He claimed to tell her the truth about everything when he continued to hide things and lie to her. He made it APPEAR that he was being open and truthful when he was not. That bothered me immensely. Then being with him alienated her from everyone else in her life. She turned into a different person. I would say that she was most nieve and in love with him in S5... but I saw the downfall starting by episode 3 of S6.

I completely disagree with you on that they did a 180 mid season 6. This was building all along through season 6 and I believe 100% this was their intention from the beginning. She was slowly learning the lies and secrets about Lex, and then she got to the point where she didn't even want to know the truth because knowing the truth she couldnt even face being with him anymore after she found out she was pregnant (33.1.......) This girl was having a breakdown over being pregnant with Lex's child and this was pretty early in S6. She was even afraid to tell Lex about it.

They needed Lex to fall off the edge and having Lana leave him did that. It also made Lex HATE Clark for taking Lana away from him (or so that was how he looked at it).

Last edited by activia; 09-17-2020 at 07:53 AM
activia is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread