Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-17-2020, 12:03 PM
Fan Forum Legend

^ I agree... a better ending would've been her finding herself without the powersuit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rpmaluki (View Post)
If you read the comics, that didn't even last long. I think it could explain why Lana was not there to help fight the Kandorians in the alternate verse. The suit's energy had worn out within months.

Of course I read the comics which was why some storylines just upset me on Smallville. lol especially with Clana... I would've actually respected it more if they kept Clark and Lana together for I can understand the need to be together but everytime they got together they showed why they couldn't work.

Probably things would've been different if Clark told the truth to Lana in season 2 after the whole tornado...
eternalfate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2020, 12:08 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternalfate (View Post)

Probably things would've been different if Clark told the truth to Lana in season 2 after the whole tornado...
yeah the whole tornado thing!! How in the world did he get away with that one? He was pretty damn good at gaslighting.

No you didn't see me in the middle of the tornado, nope you just miraculously went into a tornado and fell to the ground gently unharmed.

Man was I screaming at him!! For the love of god just tell her THE TRUTH! You cant be with her if she doesnt know, so you have to take the risk or let her go..period..the..end

I'm OK with Clana ending.. I have no comic bias
Old 07-17-2020, 12:40 PM
Fan Forum Legend

^ I agree... I don't think it makes any sense that Lana did not find out after the tornada thng... I did love when she found out the real truth in season 6, that was the moment she thought back to... so deep down she knew he was different but just needed the details of it and Clark always lied.

I wasn't okay with the Clana ending because comic books aside, I have an issue with Lana needing to have Clark's powers to be a powerful woman. I would've had an issue if they gave Clark's powers permanently to anyone else as well...
I loved that Lana was great on the computer and she learnt how to hold her own fighting wise, I don't see why she needed powers to be a hero.

Oliver Queen shows how you don't need powers... just a good amount of training and a secret identity. lol
Old 07-17-2020, 01:31 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:

I wasn't okay with the Clana ending because comic books aside, I have an issue with Lana needing to have Clark's powers to be a powerful woman. I would've had an issue if they gave Clark's powers permanently to anyone else as well...
I loved that Lana was great on the computer and she learnt how to hold her own fighting wise, I don't see why she needed powers to be a hero.

Oliver Queen shows how you don't need powers... just a good amount of training and a secret identity. lol
^^ agreed! I think Lois/Chloe are also strong female heoric characters without powers. I didn't like the powersuit thing.......................
Old 07-17-2020, 08:10 PM
Fan Forum Legend

^ Yep because we can say that a lot of these women character on Smallville didn't need powers to be powerful: Tess, Lois, Lana and Chloe... all special and strong in their own way and can throw down in a fight.

It was interesting that Lana supported Clois and Lois supported Clana. lol
Old 07-20-2020, 07:35 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:

It was interesting that Lana supported Clois and Lois supported Clana. lol
It was almost like they both thought so much of Clark they just wanted him to be happy and they both had doubts that they were good enough for him. I could tell they were both slightly jealous of the other one. Especially poor Lois in Bride. She knew how much he loved Lana because she was there for it and comforted him when Lana broke up with Clark over video!
Old 07-20-2020, 07:45 AM
Fan Forum Star

That's the greatness of our main 3 girls. They love each other.
a fine mess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2020, 07:51 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by a fine mess (View Post)
That's the greatness of our main 3 girls. They love each other.
Lana/Chloe were also very upfront about not wanting to fight over Clark. Lana was pretty consistent..

Poor Chloe did have a hard time with Clois at first because she still felt so strongly for Clark. (The Dunk scene) But she also buried her feelings and didn't get in the way or take it out on her cousin.

So all the girls were very respectful of each other...

Clex on the other hand not so much
Old 07-20-2020, 08:24 AM
Fan Forum Star

It's rough loving someone who doesn't love you back in the same way. It took time to get over him, but she was always supportive. The times she lashed out I felt were just Chloe being human. For people who give and give, it starts to wear on you. I don't blame her for lashing out. It may have seemed bad timing or she was in the wrong, but just think of all her sacrifices for Clark and all the times she put him first...

Clark and Lex as enemies was a bit much for me to watch at first. I mean, I didn't go into Smallville being a Superman fan, so didn't know much about their relationship...

Sorry, went a little off topic.
a fine mess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2020, 07:57 PM
Fan Forum Legend

As a person who knows the history, I wish that probably Lex could've turned out not being the real Lex. I mean they did it with Jimmy.

Nicole... umm for me I never felt sad for Chloe at all. lol Especially when she started working with Lionel out of jealousy, I was like girl bye. lol

Love that they didn't have a real triangle with Lana/Clark/Lois...
Old 07-21-2020, 12:48 AM
Fan Forum Hero

^ That last scene in "Exodus" still hurts.
TomsEnough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2020, 07:19 AM
Extreme Fan

The Clana ship is rough. It's like taking a tiny boat on a storm and constantly having to bail water out to stay afloat. Then you have a brief eye of the storm where there is a little satisfaction to just then go back into the tough waters again! It is a great angst ship.

Clois is such a beautifully satisfying one...

I would say I was keeping an eye out for Clois about in S4 when she arrived but I didn't have strong feelings for them yet. S8 is when I started to let go of Clana and ship Clois so I had some whiplash when Lana came back for a bit....I couldnt help but have feelings for them again but I wasn't as sad when they parted as I was excited to go forward with the new ship.

I think Chloe was pretty human about it. I didn't like when she went behind his back either but she did realize that it was wrong...and a very human mistake to make.

I knew the real basics of superman and that Lex Luthor was supposed to be the bad guy so I was jaded and suspicious of the character since day 1, maybe not as bad as Jonathan was (something we dont talk about but I wonder if Jonathan was more supportive of Lex if that would have made a difference...) but I was looking for the bad. He did keep a lot of his own secrets and had some questionable acts even in S1.
Old 07-22-2020, 04:24 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I enjoy Smallville has a whole series, so I go through Clana to Clois.
TomsEnough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2020, 09:55 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Nicole your description is perfect.
As I mentioned before I ship Clana, Clois, Chlark at different times. lol
Season 1-3, give me Clana!
Season 4, Clois all day... buh-bye Clana!
Season 5 love Clana during the 4 episodes! Amazing. I want more Clois! I might shockingly dig Chlark. lol
Season 6-7, I will always love Clois but man if Chlark happened, that'd be interesting as heck!
Season 8-10, Clois for life!
Old 07-24-2020, 08:26 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Nicole your description is perfect.
As I mentioned before I ship Clana, Clois, Chlark at different times. lol
Season 1-3, give me Clana!
Season 4, Clois all day... buh-bye Clana!
Season 5 love Clana during the 4 episodes! Amazing. I want more Clois! I might shockingly dig Chlark. lol
Season 6-7, I will always love Clois but man if Chlark happened, that'd be interesting as heck!
Season 8-10, Clois for life!
For me:
S1-3 Clana!!, I think at end of S1 I was like, go ahead and have a thing with Chloe..just want the guy to be in a relationship!!, Oh and I loved Clark/Alicia I think at the end of S1 was one of the few times where I was really rooting for Chlark.
S4 - Clana (irritated by Jason tired of Clark watching her with other guys) and intrigued by Clois so again started shipping Clark with anyone/happiness - Clark/Alicia!! I probably would have been OK with Chlark here too haha just wanted to see him with SOMEONE
S5 - Clana!!!!!!!!!! The beginning I loved!! Then when Lexana happened gah!! I was so over him not telling her the truth in this season...
S6 I felt all of Clark's pain the rest of the season when her... as she was getting darker I started to question the validity of them being together. Lexana started to ruin Clana for me
S7 - Clana at first, but I didnt feel the same as I had in the past and I dont know why we ever get to see them happy? We dont' even get a kiss until 6x07, then we dont see the in bed until a couple episodes later when they are falling apart), then I shipped Lana/Bizarro (Clearly OTP..too bad he died).... and then they felt so disconnected I still felt everything with them even though I was questioning their relationship. Clana needs to talk about their true feelings and doubts with each other!! Clana seems so miserable together, Lana has changed too much, they are in love with the idealism and are both fiercely loyal to a fault. It's time to say goodbye as sad as it is...It's time to start to let go... ugh its so hard to let go of my love for them.
S8 - OK time to move on this is painful but need to let Clana go, this Clois ship is starting to sail and I am liking it... yes CLOIS!!!! Then Bride happens, KISS KISS, Clana comes back.. punch in the gut. CLANA!!!! **** I thought I was over them! Hmmm why are they doing this to me I just spent all those episodes trying to get over Clana and jump on Clois ship.. I'm so conflicted... Clois has great potential but I can't help feeling for Clana. Then Clana final breakup, didn't hit me as hard as the S7 goodbye, I was like OK that's over lets move on!! WHy oh WHy did we need to go through that?
S9/S10 - CLOIS WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN I LOVE YOU!! OTP OTP!! Clana who?? Thank god Clana is done! (Although I thought we should have seen Lana in the season finale)

With Clana just like what was said in the show at one time, As soon as I see them together, all those feelings just come rushing back, no matter how illogical they are.
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top