Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-16-2005, 05:23 AM
Elite Fan

Smallville 4x14 "Krypto" Episode Discussion

Fresh New Episode...Krypto

While driving, Lois (Erica Durance) accidentally hits a dog and she brings it back to the farm to heal. Clark (Tom Welling) realizes this is no ordinary dog after the pup lifts up a car to retrieve a ball. Clark and Lois learn the dog is a product of an aborted LuthorCorp experiment and is being used to commit crimes, but when Lois is kidnapped by the robbers and Clark is weakened by kryptonite, it is up to the dog to save them. Meanwhile, Lana (Kristin Kreuk) questions Jason's (Jensen Ackles) involvement in his mother's (guest star Jane Seymour) schemes.

Michael Rosenbaum, Allison Mack, John Glover, Annette O'Toole and John Schneider also star.

James Marshall directed the episode written by Luke Schelhaas.

Alex

The Dark is generous, and it's patient, and it always wins - but in the heart of it's strength lies weakness; one lone candle is enough to hold it back.
Love is more than a candle.
Love can ignite the stars.
Alexander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2005, 08:30 AM
Ultimate Fan

Yeah...not sad I'm missing this ep tonight. Not one iota.

Janine || [ @FF.net ] [ @AO3.org ] [ @WP.com ]
sumiregusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2005, 12:33 PM
Elite Fan

Krypto on Smallville. Too funny. I have to tape this since "Lost" is like the show I watch on Wed. But, I will def pop this in at 10. I think if anything, watch it for the campiness of the story. I mean ... a dog saving Clark and Lois.

kenny | credit
smoothaise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2005, 04:06 PM
Elite Fan

I already have a rant about this episode

Why is that now Lois is taking Lana's place in terms of who "gets kidnapped" every other episode so Clark has someone to resque? I mean I guess Clark has to resque someone with the initials LL or Smallville can't go on? I can think of far better options for Lois' character to do instead of serve as Clark's "person of the day to resque from bad guys".

On a positive note...I like episodes directed by James Marshall, so we'll have to watch and see

It also looks like they're going to keep Jason/Lana and Lex dealing the countess storyline isolated from the rest of the cast again

Alex

The Dark is generous, and it's patient, and it always wins - but in the heart of it's strength lies weakness; one lone candle is enough to hold it back.
Old 02-16-2005, 05:59 PM
Loyal Fan

I don't like to judge a book by its cover but uhhh errr hmmm, this would be the sort of book I could pick up, start laughing and put it back in the children's section. sorry to be so negative but I just have my doubts, I'll have to wait and see tho.

~C
Clairrissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2005, 06:53 PM
Absolute Fan

Hee, it's adorable so far!!

Krypto loves Chloe! It was so cute how he ran right to her.

Don't hate me, fellow Lois dislikers, but the Clois was incredibly bearable, nearly cute, tonight. The "You hit him? With your car? No, with my hand!", and naming Krypto "Clarkie" was great. Their reactions to each other weren't over the top, either. There was genuine annoyance, done in a friendly way.
To reconcile myself: How very annoying for her to put out the Kents like she has with still no mention of paying.

Maybe the Clois was so okay this week because Chloe was "in the know". It was she and Clark against Lois in trying to convince her that the tractor thing was normal. I loved that Chloe helped Clark out with his excuse! She's still teaching him that a good reporter thinks on his feet. So Lois wasn't as annoying because she was playing her own role, not someone else's.

Lex and the MILF are not really sexy to me. Their sexy, flirty type scenes are a little squicky, actually.

"We're Gertrude's ancestors, Jason"- NO. You're her descendents. Geez.

Remember what I said about Lois not being annoying? That went out the window when she went scoobying with Clark. Sigh, this "find the dog" scene? Should absolutely have been Chloe. Not to mention that you won't let Clark zip out on Lois? Nooooooooo she gets to come for the whole investigation. Sigh, stupid PTB. Please let Chloe do what she does! I almost liked your Lois. You could have had me!

MB- What, my dear, do you call that white man's fro that you're growing? It's a little funky, but I love you, so I'll go with it.

Hee, Clark is such a little boy!

Next week: OMFG, I want to die.
Old 02-16-2005, 07:06 PM
Loyal Fan

Well for all the complaining about tonights ep it wasn't too bad, granted not the best but not the worst either. I think that there were snippets that were good but overall the ep. wasn't that exciting.

What was good. There were definitely some good moments between Lois and Clark in this ep. Listening to them banter back and forth is quite amusing. It will be interesting to see how the new living arrangements work out. I also loved the Chloe moments. She is still dropping hints to her being in the know but he is still clueless.

I think what was really good about this ep. was the lack of Lana. It would have been better to exclude her all together but it wouldn't be Smallville if we weren't annoyed somehow. I know the only reason she was featured was to set the grounds for next weeks ep.

The last good thing to come out of this ep. was the return of Lionel. Where has he been? Interesting how he shows up now and tries to get on Jason's good side. One has to wonder, with three people after him, what has he got to offer? Anyways it will definitely be an interesting ep next week. I just hope that it finally provides us with some answers to the mystery they've created.

Matt Goss' New album Coming Soon

Everything Is Numb3rs
Wildcat492002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2005, 08:24 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcat492002

I think what was really good about this ep. was the lack of Lana. It would have been better to exclude her all together but it wouldn't be Smallville if we weren't annoyed somehow. I know the only reason she was featured was to set the grounds for next weeks ep.

...I completely agree

I do stand corrected as well. This episode wasn't as bad. I think the dog was actually pretty cool The Clark/Lois interaction was just plain funny. The Chloe/Clark scene was excellent...I can't wait for more moments where Chloe defends Clark or just helps him get out of things. The Kents were good and not annoying once again. We got to see John Glover return! Lex was sneaky...Jason is actually involved now in the story! That took what, 15 episodes and MILF was creepy as usual once again. Also, very little Lana. Overall...I was pleased...plus the dog was very well trained...and adorable. I hope they actually don't "write it off now" and it stays at the Kents for good

Back with specifics later when I rewatch the episode

Alex

Old 02-16-2005, 09:49 PM
Loyal Fan

Wow! Second week in a row with a minimum of Lana and lots of great scenes with Lois and Clark! I feel blessed.
stellvia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2005, 10:16 PM
Elite Fan

I thought this episode was a bit boring. Sorry to offend - and I feel bad, because I really want the show to perk up again, especially with ratings and such - but it's true. Though the dog was cute, everything just bored or annoyed me.

I am so sick of the slooow witch storyline (don't Lex and Lionel have better things to do?) with Jason, Mrs. Teague and Lana. What is the point of it, besides providing screen time for all of the actors involved? Why can't they find some other storyline? Where's all the Superman mythology, the caves, crystals... anything?!

There was a very minimum of Chloe tonight (but her small scenes were well-done, per usual) and an overshare of Lois, who I am not particularly crazy about. She seems to be taking place of Chloe and her reporting skills, which I do not care for.

Also, why doesn't Lois offer to pay for rent or something? It's not as if the Kents are swimming in money. It seems somewhat rude of Lois, if you ask me.

I really hope things get better because I don't want to give up on this show.
barbeegurl00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2005, 11:20 PM
Elite Fan

I didn't think it was a bad episode. A bit on the campy side w. the dog. Next week's looks insane! Wow!

kenny | credit
Old 02-16-2005, 11:37 PM
Part-Time Fan

...this whole witch storyline...why? why why why???

...i think TPTB thought they had a great idea...worked out the first few eppy's ...and are now stuck...why else would they drag it on...and on...andonandonandonandonandon...?

...kill it...put it out of it's misery...get rid of the Teagues...stop stretching the show out so thin...reel Lana back in...make the Lex/Clark relationship a primary focus once again...come back to what the show is supposed to be about...the shaping of a legend...

...not L'il Miss Lana and her problems...

...sad really...the show had great potential once...

...btw...tonight's ep...fun filler...every show needs fun filler once in a while...
BuddhaJEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2005, 11:40 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuddhaJEF
...btw...tonight's ep...fun filler...every show needs fun filler once in a while...
ITA. If the show can have a "filler" episode, but be enjoyable then it's ok with me. And that's basically what it was ... fun filler.

kenny | credit
Old 02-17-2005, 01:33 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuddhaJEF
...this whole witch storyline...why? why why why???

...i think TPTB thought they had a great idea...worked out the first few eppy's ...and are now stuck...why else would they drag it on...and on...andonandonandonandonandon...?

...kill it...put it out of it's misery...get rid of the Teagues...stop stretching the show out so thin...reel Lana back in...make the Lex/Clark relationship a primary focus once again...come back to what the show is supposed to be about...the shaping of a legend...

...not L'il Miss Lana and her problems...

...sad really...the show had great potential once...

God I'm so annoyed with this witch SL I don't care! I'm sick of hearing about Isabelle Theroux and ansestors its all crap to me! Honestly they don't even need Lana in any of these episodes but of course she has to be so I'm just thankful she doesn't waste to much time with this stupidness! This episode was okay nothing special. Next week looks.... whoa... Are we in The Matrix or something?

Of course it is happening inside your head, but why on earth should that mean it is not real?
Buttacup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2005, 06:06 AM
Master Fan

Overall,a funny episode,highlighted by all this fantastic Clois banter

Though,not enough Chloe I like when she's partnering up with Lois&Clark so too bad it wasn't the case in this ep.

Lana,blah blah blah....Mrs Teague, blah blah blah...

Liked the Jason/Lionel L. scene,even though the Isobel plot really sucks.

I actually liked Ma and Pa Kent in this ep

As for Lois,who knows if she's paying a rent of not?Honestly,we don't know anything about that and honestly,it's getting old.