Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 10-03-2007, 08:43 AM
Elite Fan

Smallville 7x02 "Kara" Episode Discussion

"Kara" Airs October 4, 2007 on The CW

CW's Official Description:

CLARK MEETS HIS COUSIN KARA KENT AND VISITS JOR-EL — Clark (Tom Welling) and Lois (Erica Durance) discover Kara’s (Laura Vandervoort) spaceship but before they can open it, Kara appears and knocks Lois out. Clark is shocked after Kara tells him she is there to protect baby Kal-El. Despite Kara’s appearance, a despondent Clark decides that without Lana (Kristin Kreuk) there is nothing keeping him in Smallville, and heads to the Fortress of Solitude to begin his training as a superhero.

However, Jor-El tells him Kara’s father - Zor-El, who is Jor-El’s brother - is evil and Kara is dangerous, therefore Clark must stay in Smallville to find out why she came to Earth. Lex (Michael Rosenbaum) makes a stunning discovery regarding Lana and Project 33.1. Allison Mack, Aaron Ashmore and John Glover also star

Directed by James Conway

Written by Todd Slavkin & Darren Swimmer

This episode marks the "return" of Aaron Ashmore and John Glover to the show

Alex

The Dark is generous, and it's patient, and it always wins - but in the heart of it's strength lies weakness; one lone candle is enough to hold it back.
Love is more than a candle.
Love can ignite the stars.
Alexander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 01:04 PM
Elite Fan

This sounds promising.

Baby Kal-El. Oh this should be fun!
Old 10-04-2007, 06:35 AM
Elite Fan

So the episode aired in Canada last night?
You lucky ones!

ETA:
If you watched the episode last night, feel free to post your review and talk about it.
It aired so it's not officially a spoiler anymore.
Although it would be very very nice if everyone would use spoiler tags until it airs in the US tonight so those who won't see it until tonight don't end up spoiled.

[*sp]Spoiler goes here[*/sp] (Remove the * in both tags.)

Last edited by Spike it up; 10-04-2007 at 07:56 AM
Spike it up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 10:28 AM
Total Fan

I can't wait. Kara is finally here !!!!!

Livejournal
Fred Pryce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 06:09 PM
Passionate Fan

Wonderful episode. Clark finally has someone who is linked to his former life. His father has little credibility when it comes to calling someone evil. I hope she isn't.

Loved Kara. She is great.

Lex and Lana were good.
Bronson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 07:12 PM
Part-Time Fan

Wow! Could Lex really be that nice and thoughtful or regretful? I don't have the words to describe Lex in that scene.
Kara was great - just bad enough and then good enough. I like Clark in the role of teacher.
All in all great episode!
Barb B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 10:54 PM
Addicted Fan

damn Kara is fine! she might not be the brightest kryptonian around, but she sure makes up for it! i think Clark kinda enjoyed grabbing her legs and slamming her down in the ground. when he found out they were cousins, you could almost pinpoint the exact moment where he got grossed out cause he was thinking dirty thoughts about her earlier.
Old 10-05-2007, 03:41 AM
Extreme Fan

so can someone explain this whole Lana cloning situation, I got confused cause season 6 I missed some episodes
Old 10-05-2007, 04:07 AM
Passionate Fan

I am glad that I am not the only one who sensed an attraction between Clark and Kara and his backing away when he realized that they were cousins.

As for the clone Lana thing, I hope they explain it to us in future episodes.

Kara is good.
Bronson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 05:02 AM
Elite Fan

So it might be just me but I thought Kara was a better episode than Bizarro!

I just enjoyed all Kara, Clark/Kara scenes so much.
And Lois and Clark both got a chance to shine on their own.

First I have to say - how pretty is Kara's flying? That scene in the beginning when she flies into space and looks at Earth - beautiful! Especially the way her hair moves. I need animated icons of that pronto!

That's some first meeting. "That's what happens when you touch my stuff."
Clark going back to find her and not letting her fly away - cool.
Taking a step back when he heard they are cousins.
Daily Planet scene. His confused look when she calls elevators "ancient technology". Hee!
Teaching her how to use superhearing. That was very cool.
Saving the day together, and barn scenes. I just love how they interact. The whole Kara telling Clark about how things were on Krypton, and dysfunctional house of El , about his mother; and Clark filling her in on what happened with Krypton and asking her to stay. I loved it all.
Although I did crack up at their colour coordinated clothes in the last scene. *g* Now that's a loft scene I really enjoyed!

No idea what Jor-El meant with the part that Kara can't be trusted. So far she seems OK.
Can't wait for more scenes with her.
Welcome to the show Miss Vandervoort, you made a great first impression!

Loved Lois in this episode. Her scenes were so good.
Starting with the scene where Clark said goodbye, and she admitted she'd miss him.
To finding a ship and going after the story until it landed her a job at Daily Planet.
Clark tried to convince her that she was imagining things and that it was a school project, Chloe tried to discourage her and get her off the story by dragging her to the hospital, Lois herself considered backing down because the new editor slammed Chloe. But when someone throws a challenge in her face, she goes after it. She found the story, the leads, found where they kept the spaceship. Granted, touching it wasn't too smart, especially as she believed it has a force field, but I'd be tempted too to see what the hell is glowing.
She wrote a kick ass article about it, even though she kissed the Daily Planet dream goodbye as she admitted to Chloe. And all that combined showed the new guy she has what it takes and convinced him to give her a chance. You go girl!

Hopefully Chloe will be happy for her too, after the shock passes. But they better not make them fight over this.
This certainly wasn't an easy episode for Chloe.
The new editor isn't the biggest fan of her work.
Personally I believed for a long time that keeping Clark's secret will cost her, because she will be passing on the stories. But I'm still surprised that they actually mentioned it on the show, although they believe she lost her fire.
Now when she has both Clark's and her own secrets to keep safe, it will only get harder. Something will have to give. I don't see them keeping up with Chloe the reporter, Chloe the meteor freak and Chloe as Clark's sidekick for much longer. They pointed out obviously here that when she's playing sidekick her career suffers. But as soon as she tried to focus on writing a new article she missed the obvious thing that would help Clark - the FM/AM Radio thing. (Yay for Clark figuring that out on his own right away!)
So I'm gonna put this out there, even though I'm usually wrong with my predictions - sooner or later Chloe will have to choose. If she wants to continue playing the sidekick or even helping people on her own (maybe there's more to her powers?). Or if she wants to be a reporter. I just don't see her keeping up with both.

The new editor guy.
Well by some things I read I expected him to be Satan himself.
He's actually OK. A bit irritating, a bit sleazy. But OK. He wants to sell papers. Can't blame the guy for that. He wants to try new things/approaches. Why not? It might fail, but it also might work.
He will get in your face and tell you things you don't want to hear. But he'll be honest and will get you thinking. And if you don't change anything after that, well it's your own fault. He did it to Chloe (with 'lost her fire') and to Lois (the '4 kids, 40 pounds' remark). I kinda like the guy, he's ruthless. Could be fun. Bring it on.
Although he looks like he just finished high school. Why couldn't they find someone a bit older?
Also, 'always bring back up camera' advice - dead on. Especially on this show. Bring extra cell phone too.

Speaking of cell phones...voice recognitions...Lana being located.
Lex in jail in an orange jumpsuit. I bet Alex was finally happy.
Lionel paid some guy to confess. Of course.
Lex managed to find Lana. Please tell me that the hideous wig from last week was one of the 'crumbs' she left him to notice her and find her?
Oh Lana...you were kinda cool in this episode.
Also a bit stupid to think you can outplay a Luthor. I'll say it right away - he played her! And he did it masterfully!
On the way to China he kept listening to the tape of their last conversation, the one where she orchestrated everything to frame him later on. Remorse? Could be. But I call a plan in the making. He was trying to find her weakness. She outsmarted him once, and if she got over-confident after that that's the best thing to use.
I think he figured out what she's about to do, and did exact opposite of how she expected him to act. It threw her off her game, and he sold her 'I'm sorry, you can come back, you'll be safe' story.
Now let her return, let things cool down and everyone start to feels safe, and then - let Lex make his move.
Oh this could be fun!

As for Lana, she was OK in this episode.
Only, if the clone was dead, what exactly was the purpose of the clone? How did he plan to bring it to life?
And how did Lana found out about it? And got her hands on it and get it out undetected?
Not to mention the whole I'm going to blew up my car with a clone in it, it's so easy to do, as easy as finding explosives and making the bomb!
Someone better be helping her.

I also loved Lex's new obsession with Kara.
Not a too bad drawing.

All in all - it was good.
More Clark and Kara next week please!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronson (View Post)
His father has little credibility when it comes to calling someone evil. I hope she isn't.
Agreed. Some of his methods were also questionable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barb B (View Post)
Wow! Could Lex really be that nice and thoughtful or regretful? I don't have the words to describe Lex in that scene.
You thought he was sincere?

I hope not.
I know they are going with this I've seen the wrong of my ways Lex, but that scene would have made him too pathetic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JediBlastoise (View Post)
when he found out they were cousins, you could almost pinpoint the exact moment where he got grossed out cause he was thinking dirty thoughts about her earlier.
I know!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeRoMe (View Post)
so can someone explain this whole Lana cloning situation, I got confused cause season 6 I missed some episodes
That army of super soldiers Lex was building in season 6 - it could be that only Lana was a clone, or maybe he played with cloning in general. But in Phantom we saw one of the soldiers in that room and it (she?) had long hair. people speculated right away that it might be Lana clone.
Why he cloned her? Who knows. Maybe he's still freaked out after his vision in Lexmas.
How Lana got her hands on the clone. That I would also like to know.
Old 10-05-2007, 05:04 AM
Elite Fan

Double post - FF went wonky and ate my first one. Or so it seemed.

Last edited by Spike it up; 10-05-2007 at 05:17 AM
Spike it up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 05:41 AM
Loyal Fan

I thought that might have been one of the worst hours of television I have ever seen.

The only redeeming things were the Clark/Kara scenes

Clone Lana was laughable.

The new editor was a joke.

I could swear I saw Alison Mach look into the camera with an "I'm sorry" look on her face for this epsiode.
Old 10-05-2007, 05:56 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxxFisher (View Post)
Clone Lana was laughable.
That's true.

But they often do stuff like that as an explanation. Like with the secret tunnel under the house in S3/S4, so Chloe and her father could get away. Even though the house exploded the moment they stepped in.
Old 10-05-2007, 06:02 AM
Extreme Fan

okay, it was an okay episode but wasn't wow. i loved all the clark and kara scenes as well as the whole lois storyline. the new boss eritates me, but maybe he was supposed too.

as for chloe not being a good reporter, i don't think it's that she lost her touch its because she is struggling to keep hers and clarks secret. but i have to disagree with spike, i think she could do both. she might not be able to write much with exactly what happened, but after the fact she can.

now for lex, i find it really hard to believe that he really *changed* his views. i know that he loves lana, but he will do the exact same thing he did, betray her. i'm hoping that lana stays in china for a few more episodes and doesn't come back right away. as for lex searching for kara, very interesting.
Old 10-05-2007, 07:52 AM
Loyal Fan

I always saw the Daily Planet as the New Yor Times. World famous, read everywhere. So why did they bring in a 14 year old to be the editor? In a show where an alien lives on Earth with superpowers, the most important city in America is in Kansas & Lana Lang is the center of everyone's universe, I find the new editor to be the least believable thing on the show.