Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-19-2004, 04:16 AM
New Fan

Jor-El

This season we met Jor-El and we're going to find out what deal he made with Jonathan. But I don't understand one thing.

Jor-El is portraited as a very bad man who wants to conquer earth. But wasn't Jor-El a father that loved his son and had to let him go because the planet was imploding (in the movies)? So why have they made him a bad man in the series? Or am I seeing it all wrong?
Mister_s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2004, 03:09 PM
Absolute Fan

Hm, this is a tough one, mostly I have no idea You can find the canon explanation here but Smallville doesn't necessarily have to stick too close to that plot, and I'm guessing they won't. Here's an interesting part:

Quote:
Superman's world was turned upside down as a rocket again fell from the sky to the Kent farmstead in Kansas (SUP #166). This peculiar craft delivered a single green isobar. This isobar, attached to a specialized device Professor Hamilton designed would be able to translate the communication directly into Superman's mind. Upon doing so he encountered Jor-El. This time Jor-El had different news to share with him. He shared that he had intentionally mislead his son to believe that Krypton was a cold emotionless world to help him embrace his adopted home. He explained that he waited to reveal the truth that Krypton was actually a loving place, similar to Earth.

.: l LJ l :. .: l Icon Journal l :.

"Most people bring a coffee- he brought a ******* machine gun!"

*Sugi* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2004, 05:53 AM
New Fan

Never knew that Sugi. That must explain it (or they just made Jor-el a bad man). What seemed strange to me is the conquering the world part. I remember Clark saying his father sent him to conquer earth.
Mister_s is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread