Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-25-2007, 04:18 AM
Elite Fan

General Season 6 Discussion #1: What did you like/dislike about it?

So season 6 has finished airing.
With summer hiatus in front of us we have lots of time to talk about it...

Was it everything you hoped it would be?
Was it better than season 5? Worse?
Did it plain suck?
Where there parts which filled you with geeky joy and made you squee?

What did you like?
What do you wish they did differently?

Discuss away...
Old 05-25-2007, 04:35 AM
Elite Fan

Well someone has to start...

+

I really liked first part of the season. I loved season 5, and thought this one would be even better.
* I loved Green Arrow, great addition to the cast. Him and Lois were cute, him and Clark had a great dynamic (plus - finally another guy friend for Clark! *still misses Pete*), and his past with Lex was cool.
Plus, he got us JLA guys to come back, so big kudos for that!
* Justice - definitely my favourite episode of the entire show. It just doesn't get any better than that.
* 33,1 pay off!
* Loved Lois getting into journalism, it's good to have her snooping around.
* Having Jimmy on the show - great idea! He brings humour. Plus him and Chloe are adorable.
* Yay for Chloe having life outside Daily Planet.
* I also loved Lexana in the first part of the season. And Lana was great back then, so sassy and knowing what she wants.
* Noir! What an original idea, kudos to SV writers for daring to do it.
* Nemesis - yay, we remembered about Clex! It was good seeing them interact again, and actually *talk*.
* Bizzaro! Can we keep him? I want him in as many episodes next season as possible.

-

* First episode I didn't enjoy was Labyrinth.
It might be the return of Clana, or not. It just didn't make any sense that Clark, who was by then slowly moving on, was all of a sudden all about Lana again. What was the point of that dream and his phantom induced hallucination if he didn't learn anything from it?
* Fake baby storyline. Seriously? From everything they could have thought of. Fake baby?! I'm never getting over this one. 17th century witch Lana in season 4 made more sense. This was just bad soap opera.
Couldn't they have said that Lex was using Lana to be meteor mutant baby incubator? But something went wrong, and Lionel found out about it, and tried to throw Lana on the wrong trail and paid the doctor to lie to her and sell her the story about hormones. Or - Zod baby! Anything would have been better.
* Chloe and Martha advising Clark to move on and stop thinking about Lana one week, and then switching and being Clana cheerleaders next week. Um, hello? Did we get hit by continuity meteor freak?
* Martha and Lionel. Not sure if they planned something more with them, but I'm glad Martha is gone and they won't be able to do it. Jonathan would have been oh so happy.
* Lionel at Kents Thanksgiving dinner? Excuse me people - didn't he try to kill the whole lot of you not so long ago?
* Lana planning to leave Lex at the altar - with a note? Didn't she have some balls in first part of the season?
* Clark kissing a married, pregnant woman. I don't care how you both feel Clark, get her to get a divorce first, don't play a home wrecker.
* Chloe is suddenly a meteor mutant. OK.
* Fake deaths. That was old few seasons ago. If only one death in the finale would stick, than maybe the episode would be better in retrospect.
* Not enough Clex - remember about The Rift AlMiles? Show should focus more on that, and not on bad teen soap opera (especially since none of them are teens anymore).
* Hey AlMiles - remember FoS? Well I do.
* Did I mention fake babies?

To put it shortly - I thought first part of the season focused more on superheroes and characters was OK. Once it turned into soap opera and started focusing on love triangles it really started to suck for me.
Old 05-25-2007, 11:51 AM
Fan Forum Hero

SV LJ comm has a review of season 6
Old 05-26-2007, 09:40 PM
Elite Fan

This needs to be "stuck" when the Episode Discussion for "Phantom" dies out.

The Dark is generous, and it's patient, and it always wins - but in the heart of it's strength lies weakness; one lone candle is enough to hold it back.
Love is more than a candle.
Love can ignite the stars.
Alexander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2007, 07:52 AM
Elite Fan

Yeah.

Thanks for the link Naomi.
There were some interesting reviews of season 6 posted on LJ these last few days.
Old 05-28-2007, 11:03 AM
Elite Fan

Yay:

* Clois. Hydro & Crimson were amazing.
* Oliver/Green Arrow. One of my favorite guest superheroes so far. Loved his interaction with Lois as well.
* Justice. Too awesome for words.
* Wicked!Lana towards the end of the season.

Nay:

* The return of Clana. Oh God. Where the hell did that come from?
* The baby storyline. Where the hell did that come from?
* Chloe's powers. Where the hell did that come from?
* Too much relationship/triangle drama.
* Fake deaths.
* Lex being a bigger bastard than usual (hitting Lana, killing people).
* The cheesy over the top music. Seriously?

Overall - it's still one of my fave seasons, but I could have done without quite a few episodes/storylines.
Old 05-29-2007, 01:04 AM
Part-Time Fan

I loved Green Arrow and Justice team

I hate Lana :=)

I liked and disliked Lex at the same time. I like because he is going to become evil, i dislike because he fell in love with Lana. First of all i supported this couple but now i don't. Lex loves Lana very much so he can do everything for Lana's love so he did. It's kind of boring for me

Lois is perfect. I love her. She and Clark are very great together.

Chloe and Jimmy are also great. I hope he will return.
Harry: “There’s no need to call me ‘sir,’ Professor.”
sudem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 02:48 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by McDreamy (View Post)
* Clois. Hydro & Crimson were amazing.
This was definitely good year for Clois.
Right from the start, with hospital scene in Zod. And Hydro kiss. How cool was 'wow she just kissed me !!11!' awed Clark?
Quote:
* Wicked!Lana towards the end of the season.
She was so awesome in Nemesis. Why, why, why couldn't we have her like that all year long?
Quote:
Where the hell did that come from?
Potential subtitle for season 6 DVD boxset?
Quote:
* Lex being a bigger bastard than usual (hitting Lana, killing people).
I didn't mind him killing people, as much as the lame way in which he did it. We fought, I pushed him and then he fell and now he's dead dead dead! OK.
Quote:
* The cheesy over the top music. Seriously?
What? The creepy music in Lex crypt murder scene in Promise didn't do it for you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by sudem (View Post)
Lex loves Lana very much so he can do everything for Lana's love so he did. It's kind of boring for me
He was definitely more boring around her.
And the thing that pissed me of the most was when Lionel hit him in Promise after the wedding, and Lex thanked him!! WTF? Smack that MB back!
Quote:
Chloe and Jimmy are also great. I hope he will return.
It was so good to have at least one happy, non-angsty couple on the snow.
I'm sure Jimmy will be back.
Old 05-29-2007, 11:18 AM
Elite Fan

Now that I've had some time, and have had a chance to review the season, thanks to Neil Baley at supermanhomepage.com for his reviews they are very insightful and help me remember things I'll be back with my own list. In the meantime keep it coming SV fans

The Dark is generous, and it's patient, and it always wins - but in the heart of it's strength lies weakness; one lone candle is enough to hold it back.
Old 05-29-2007, 01:16 PM
Part-Time Fan

I was very busy that week so i watched 6.22 today.

I dislike last Lois/Chloe scene. It was very absurd. Lois was dead. Than Chloe very upset and she cried. Her tears healed her and Chloe was dead. Is this kind of joke? Lois is Superman's love. Yes we know that but is necessary chloe's death? I hope she did'nt die. I want to see Chloe and she is very happy.
Harry: “There’s no need to call me ‘sir,’ Professor.”
sudem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 04:49 PM
Dedicated Fan

Season 6 like all the seasons had some I loved and some I hated...thou season 6 unlike the other seasons had more I hated than more I loved lol...

Fav stuff....Justice League of course...how can ya not love that episode...Crimson, Hydro, Sneeze, just for the classic, its a reflex not a circus trick line lol...and the look on Lois's face when that barn door came flying out of no where lol..Green Arrow, bringin back Aquaman, Flash and Cyborg was awesome, they should do it more often. Martian Manhunter awesome...the final episode AWESOME...Bizarro fantastic...Clark and Lois kiss...omg so cute how both of them where like omg....so many more that just dont come to mind but most of all Tom Welling and Michael Rosenbaum.

Not so much: Promise, god that episode just annoyed me....there were some good things about it but overall one of the first episodes that got me saying damn this is more soap than show. The whole baby thing...everything about it was just stupid..I think she would have noticed she wasnt pregnant, the woman is a walking toothpick the baby bump would have shown. Lex and Lana together...OMG just kill me now if I have to watch anymore of weak Lex and whinny Lana.

The first half of the season was pretty good...I enjoyed it.. even some of the more lame episodes had something that was good in them...as the season wore on things got a little too days of our lives, but by the end things definitely picked up...lets hope season 7 is more action and superheros and less days of our lives
Old 05-30-2007, 05:19 PM
Extreme Fan

I actually grew to love Chloe this season as opposed to the other seasons. I don't know why though lol ...

and the Justice League episode was great. I hope they continue to bring them and Green Arrow back for future eps.
Old 05-30-2007, 09:53 PM
Elite Fan

The #1 thing I hated about season 6 was Lexana. They don't even look right as a couple, at least they are separate now and I am glad that Lex did not get a chance to implant his Hell Spawn into Lana, perhaps he is impotent? That would explain a lot! It explains why he craves to rule the world. He's making up for something thing he lacks.

Last edited by Camibra; 05-30-2007 at 10:04 PM
Camibra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 05:38 PM
Elite Fan

I think this season was frustrating to a lot of the fans, b/c it started out quite well, and yes there were some "filler" eps in the beginning too, but everything was pretty solid up to and including Justice. Things kind of "unraveled" after that, with bad writting, hurried up plots, underdeveloped plots, character inconsistancies, and lack of proper "direction" for the show/characters. It seemed like the writers/creative staff didn't quite know what to do, and one episode a character would act one way, the next that character would do something totally contradictory to what they did earlier and so on.

I feel this was the case especially with Lana, and I'll be back with a more detailed post about Lana later, and no, this isn't "Lana bashing", it's just going to be constructed in a way to show how the writers/creative team didn't do their job. I have nothing against Kristin, so don't be flooding my PM box Lana fans, hear me out first

Alex

Old 06-06-2007, 04:17 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strider (View Post)
thanks to Neil Baley at supermanhomepage.com for his reviews they are very insightful and help me remember things
I read the two reviews there, they were fun.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sudem (View Post)
I dislike last Lois/Chloe scene. It was very absurd. Lois was dead. Than Chloe very upset and she cried. Her tears healed her and Chloe was dead. Is this kind of joke?

If it makes you feel a bit better, it was even worse in the first version of the script - the tears were supposed to be green. I'm glad they at least changed that.
But yes, not too happy with Chloe's power.
She better be back next season.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsysue (View Post)
Promise, god that episode just annoyed me....there were some good things about it but overall one of the first episodes that got me saying damn this is more soap than show.

I see we had an identical reaction to that episode!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lieutenant H. Steel (View Post)
I actually grew to love Chloe this season as opposed to the other seasons. I don't know why though lol ...
Yay, so glad to hear this.

It was a good season for Chloe, even if we ignore meteor powers.
She works at Daily Planet, she's helping Clark, she was even helping guys in Justice and was part of the team, plus they finally gave her a life outside Daily Planet and I like her with Jimmy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Crichton (View Post)
They don't even look right as a couple, at least they are separate now and I am glad that Lex did not get a chance to implant his Hell Spawn into Lana, perhaps he is impotent? That would explain a lot! It explains why he craves to rule the world. He's making up for something thing he lacks.
That's evil!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strider (View Post)
I think this season was frustrating to a lot of the fans, b/c it started out quite well, and yes there were some "filler" eps in the beginning too, but everything was pretty solid up to and including Justice. Things kind of "unraveled" after that, with bad writting, hurried up plots, underdeveloped plots, character inconsistancies, and lack of proper "direction" for the show/characters. It seemed like the writers/creative staff didn't quite know what to do, and one episode a character would act one way, the next that character would do something totally contradictory to what they did earlier and so on.
Yes - exactly!
See, you expressed how I also feel much more eloquently than me.

And I'm just so frustrated because the season had so much potential but they managed to mess it all up.
Quote:
so don't be flooding my PM box Lana fans, hear me out first

I think if someone will be getting Lana related PM it would be me these days.
Who would have thought when the season started that I'll turn from Lana lover into an ever bigger anti-Lana fan than you.