Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 08-24-2006, 10:59 AM
Elite Fan

Kate...Hey there...if you want the info, in the US the DVD set is coming out in Sept. before the S6 premiere. You could watch the episode then Or, you could just simply watch and see what the CW repeat schedule is, they tend to show you the finale of last year the week before they start with the new season. Then there's the option of dl it online.

Alex

The Dark is generous, and it's patient, and it always wins - but in the heart of it's strength lies weakness; one lone candle is enough to hold it back.
Love is more than a candle.
Love can ignite the stars.
Alexander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 05:07 PM
Loyal Fan

Yeah the 14th and the 21st of September should be Oracle and Vessel... the last two episodes of Season 5

I am Tyrion's Wench
LittleLoLo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 05:40 PM
Elite Fan

I also wanted to let you know that I have more scans that review S5 on the Daily Planet/Smallville info thread if you'd like to check them out feel free to do so

Alex

The Dark is generous, and it's patient, and it always wins - but in the heart of it's strength lies weakness; one lone candle is enough to hold it back.
Old 08-29-2006, 06:52 PM
Loyal Fan

Thanks

I am Tyrion's Wench
LittleLoLo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 12:19 AM
Elite Fan

What would you like to see happen in the upcoming S6?

I think this may merit it's own thread...like topic of the week or something. Not sure right now. Would you like to have a weekly "topic" thread till S6 arrives? I know it's almost here....4 weeks left, but I just want people's opinion on this issue.

Alex

Old 09-03-2006, 02:22 AM
Elite Fan

That would be a great idea.
Maybe a countdown to season 6 thread - the one that would also be, as you said, a thread about what we'd like to see happen in season 6.
Old 09-04-2006, 09:20 PM
Elite Fan

Ok then. I'll get on that.

Alex

Old 09-07-2006, 09:42 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogB (View Post)
I do not think Samllville is about Superman. I think is about the human development of an alien boy trying to deal with love, hate, and his abilities.
I hope this is not offensive, and I mean it more as a friendly joke... but... lol when I read your description it kind of reminded me of Max Evans from Roswell

And I mostly tuned out for 2 seasons (I think? I dunno I started watching the beginning of Lois being there but then did not have much time and yes got frustrated with Lana's accusations to Clark and him not bothering to defend himself which would be sooo easy, especially with Chloe and Pete having known about him. And then that whole Lana has powers thing... which btw what happened with that?) ANYWAY, I just caught a random season 5 episode today and am drawn back in... I need to be caught up - where can I do that

And for speculation's sake... I would kind of like to see Lana go baddie right along w/ Lex
L lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2006, 08:24 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by L lovely (View Post)
I hope this is not offensive, and I mean it more as a friendly joke... but... lol when I read your description it kind of reminded me of Max Evans from Roswell

I just caught a random season 5 episode today and am drawn back in... I need to be caught up - where can I do that

And for speculation's sake... I would kind of like to see Lana go baddie right along w/ Lex

Having never seen "Roswell", I can't comment on that comparison.

The CW should be airing SV repeats on Thursdays at 8pm every week. You have to make sure you know what channel that is now for your local cable/satelite provider. The Season 5 Smallville DVD set will be on sale this tuesday here in the US...I've ordered mine from amazon.com for 42 dollars.

That's some good speculation, and the rumor is that Lana may indeed go further down the dark side with Lex in S6. You have to tune in and watch

Alex

Old 09-09-2006, 01:30 PM
Fan Forum Star

Adapted from my LJ:

Ok, this is the best Smallville season for a long time. 3 was awful and 4 was bad news. Season 5, for a change, works.

Ok, we have Spike popping up. Ok, not Spike, James Marsters. But when Marsters first appeared I had a "Huh, what's Spike doing there?" moment, despite knowing he was going to turn up and what he was going to play. It's very weird seeing him there. And his American accent sounds very odd on him. Not that I haven't heard it before, but I'll never get used to him not speaking with Spike's accent. Good performance, as to be expected from him. A robot is a bit of an inappropriate role for an actor of his character, though. Again, very strange seeing him there, Spike walking around in the sunlight with Clark Kent. Like a universe crossover.

Michael Rosenbaum is, as always, very impressive. His Lex raises the show onto a whole higher level than it would be on otherwise. Annoyed that Lex gets possessed by Zod. Buzz off Zod, keep out of Lex.

And WHAT is Lex doing with Lana? What's he see in her? The showmakers seem to believe she's this wonderful special person every guy would go for. When really she's this weak bland unconvincing character who makes scenes tedious and brings the show down. Multiple years of poor Clark being chained to her and now we've got to tolerate Lex being stuck with her? It's an outrage. The Lexana ship is worse than B/A. It's like Mess (Max/Tess) or something.

I'm glad that Clark/Lana is finally over though. About time. I thought it'd never end. But now he's doomed to Lois. According to Superman canon he's apparently going to marry her one day. And this isn't Lois as anybody'd have a right to expect her to be, this is Smallville Lois, crude crass interloper who doesn't fit on the show, doesn't feel right in it and comes across like a brontosaurus in a china shop. Gah. What's is wrong with Clark's taste in women? Ok, he was into Alicia and she was cool and he was into Kyla Willowbrook and she was marvellous. But Lana and Lois? I just don't get it.

Meanwhile he's totally ignoring Chloe. Chloe is great, Alison Mack does a really good job with her. She brings a lot of positive light to the show. I hear James Marsters was enthusiastic about her. I think she was her best yet this season. I'm terrified she's going to be killed off in the final season. When really they should kill off Lois and have Chole take her name. I can't stand the idea of Chole getting killed and Low-is going on to inherit Clark.

How the heck are we supposed to buy Jonathon Kent getting elected senator? Are there notices out going "Senate seat up for grabs, self-righteous hick wanted"? Even worse we're then supposed to swallow pathetic Martha Kent as senator. Riiiight.

About time they killed off Jonathon. He was asking for it. But why did they have to tease us with Lana dying and then bring her back? Lana soooo needs to kick the bucket. It really felt good that moment when she was dead, even though I knew it wasn't going to last. It was a moment of peaceful relief.

I'm annoyed with Lionel for screwing up Lex's chances of getting the senate seat. I wish he'd quit stabbing Lex in the back. Though I was less annoyed with him this season than I have been some other seasons. After season 3 I was ready to strangle him. Glover does a really great job with him, excellent acting.

Aquaman was incredibly lame. REALLY bad casting. The vampire ep annoyed me, I really didn't appreciate them tagging the head nasty bimbo "Buffy Saunders", Buffy isn't some meaningless nasty bimbo. Smallville is in no position to be making digs at Buffy.

It was good seeing the fortress of solitude. Brings back memories of seeing the original Superman film as a wee kiddy. Zod is another reappearance from the old films. Though presumably we won't be seeing Terence Stamp as Zod (he's probably too busy being Jor El's voice). Pity. He was really good as Zod in the second Superman film.

One thing that shouldn't be ignored is that Tom Welling contributes a lot to the show by making Clarke very sympathetic. The show wouldn't be the same without him.

Ok, I'm actually looking forward to the next Smallville season. I haven't felt that way since the end of season 2.
Old 09-11-2006, 08:28 PM
Elite Fan

Good post Sum...I have to disagree with you about S3. It was one of my favorites, esp. with episodes like "Memoria", "Asylum" and "Shattered". Also "Red", "Rush", "Obsession" were pretty strong episodes as well. S4 was a transition year for the show, and I felt that the overall creative direction suffered as well as the writting.

Alex

Old 09-12-2006, 03:19 AM
Fan Forum Star

The Lex stuffed in an asylum storyline (and related stuff) was painful and drove me up the wall. Alicia was good but making her nuts was annoying. Meanwhile Boone from Lost comes in and plays a REALLY annoying character for way too long.
Old 09-22-2012, 09:24 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I think the first half of season 5 was a lot stronger and really felt like it was going somewhere (rumour was that they originally expected season 5 to be the last season?), but in the second half there were a few too many FotW episodes like Fade and Fragile which didn't contribute much. Also I found the campaign storyline with Jonathon kind of boring and I didn't feel like Lois was well-used this season at all

What I did enjoy about it was more of a grown-up feeling with the characters out of high school, seeing Clark and Chloe at the Daily Planet setting and Clark at the FOS. I also loved the use of James Marsters of Brainiac, my only quibble there being that I wish they had drawn him out as Prof.Fine bonding with Clark for a little bit longer before revealing him as Brainiac. Oh and even though I'm not totally a fan of the on/off writing of Lionel after season 3 I do think season 5 was probably the best use of a morally ambiguous Lionel who starts helping Clark. Mercy was an ...odd episode of Smallville , but it was kind of cool when Lionel first saw Clark using his powers at the end. And I know a lot of people knock Void for the storyline of Lana and her parents, but I thought the conversations with Clark and Jonathon, and Lex's mother warning him while he wears the black glove, were powerful enough to make up for that. There were some good Clex confrontations this year too, and it felt like the focus returned to that a bit after season 4 couldn't decide if they were still friends or not half the time and cut their interaction so drastically. I liked Chloe's journalism development this year too and seeing the beginning of her working with Clark and protecting him. Season 5 was also the first time I found Lana a really relatable character and I loved them slowly building up to her turning towards Lex as Clark's lies disappointed and hurt her more and more

Fav episodes for me include Arrival, Mortal, Hidden, Splinter, Lexmas, Lockdown, Reckonning, Vengeance, Cyborg, Vessal
Old 09-25-2012, 04:12 PM
Fan Forum Star

Naomi, I agree that they didn't use Lois very well in this season, but again I think part of that is b/c of her episode count and also b/c of the restrictions they had on her character until after Superman Returns aired.

Wrt to the last season thing...I think the show thought it was going to be the last season in S5, S6 and S7, which explains the strong way they started out in S5 and S6 and how things kind of fell apart after it got renewed.

To be honest, overall this isn't one of my fave seasons, but I did like seeing James Marsters as Braniac and the introduction of Aquaman and Cyborg. I absolutely hated Void, but I did like the scenes with Clark and Jonathan and the scene with Lex and his mom in that ep. I also really enjoyed the Chlo-Lo interaction in Exposed and [B]Solitude[/I] and one scene that I really liked was in Vengeance when Clark pretended to rob Chloe.

Another thing I liked about S5 was Lexana and seeing the contrast in their relationship to Clana's relationship. It seemed to me at times that Clark kind of put Lana on a pedestal and thought of her as being absolutely perfect and that she could do nothing wrong at all, and at times I felt like that put a lot of pressure on her b/c she felt like she couldn't live up to that. In contrast to that, Lex saw the darker side of Lana and embraced it and I felt that she was able to be herself with him more. I also liked the way they were a team and they talked to each other and were honest with each other wrt to looking into the spaceship and their moments together in Lockdown and Fragile.

Fragile is actually an episode I really liked b/c I enjoyed seeing what TW could do with directing and he turned out to be one of the best director's on SV IMO. I thought it was really sweet to see the way Clark interacted with that little girl and I loved seeing Lexana finally admit their feelings for each other.
I see e x t r a o r d i n a r y m a g i c in you
Rachel
now.it.all.begins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 08:21 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by now.it.all.begins (View Post)
Naomi, I agree that they didn't use Lois very well in this season, but again I think part of that is b/c of her episode count and also b/c of the restrictions they had on her character until after Superman Returns aired.
I know a lot of Lois fans will probably disagree with me on this But my thoughts on that is that I think they should have just had the Crusade-Devoted intro for her and then waited until season 8 to bring her back. I think it did a disservice to the character to use her for so much filler in seasons 4 and 5, and I ended up liking her a lot more in seasons 8-10 when restrictions were lifted and they were able to use her properly at the DP with Clark.

Quote:
and one scene that I really liked was in Vengeance when Clark pretended to rob Chloe.
"You've got to give it some feeling, some passion"

"Arrrrrrgh"

Vengeance's ending always breaks my heart though, even more than Reckonning's funeral When Clark sees Martha watching the video with Jonathon and little Clark waving goodbye to the camera

Quote:
Another thing I liked about S5 was Lexana and seeing the contrast in their relationship to Clana's relationship. It seemed to me at times that Clark kind of put Lana on a pedestal and thought of her as being absolutely perfect and that she could do nothing wrong at all, and at times I felt like that put a lot of pressure on her b/c she felt like she couldn't live up to that. In contrast to that, Lex saw the darker side of Lana and embraced it and I felt that she was able to be herself with him more. I also liked the way they were a team and they talked to each other and were honest with each other wrt to looking into the spaceship and their moments together in Lockdown and Fragile
Definitely Season 6 was a bit frustrating for me because season 5 seemed to be taking Lana into a pretty interesting place with her determination to look into the spaceship and bonding with Lex over her frustrations with Clark's lies, whereas season 6 returned her to more of a damsel role for the love triangle And I like Fragile for the Lexana kiss anyway , top marks to Tom's direction for that little moment