Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-31-2009, 06:59 PM
Elite Fan

Smallville 8x18 "Eternal" Episode Discussion

Well, Doomsday fans...if you were going through a little bit of withdrawal...this is the episode for you

The CW has released the official (spoiler-filled) description of the upcoming 18th episode of Season 8 of "Smallville". Titled "Eternal", this episode is scheduled to air in the U.S. at 8.00pm on Thursday, April 2nd on The CW.

"Tess (Cassidy Freeman) tries to kill Davis (Sam Witwer) by blowing up his truck. However, after he escapes, she realizes she needs help to destroy him and turns to Clark (Tom Welling). Tess reveals Davis' secret childhood with the Luthors and hints that she knows Clark's true identity. Meanwhile, Davis runs to Chloe (Allison Mack) for help."

Written by Brian Peterson and Kelly Souders.

Directed by James Marshall.

TV Guide has the following description for this same episode...
Tess reveals Davis' childhood with the Luthors when she turns to Clark for help after she fails to kill Davis. Meanwhile, Davis seeks Chloe's assistance.

EternalTrailer
Director'sCutEternalClip
EternalWebClip

On a personal note, this episode is written by my fav. writers on the show's staff and also co-executive producers Kelly and Brian, and directed by none other than James Marshall, who has directed plenty of memorable episodes. Expect a good one

The Dark is generous, and it's patient, and it always wins - but in the heart of it's strength lies weakness; one lone candle is enough to hold it back.
Love is more than a candle.
Love can ignite the stars.
Alexander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 07:18 PM
Fan Forum Hero

i expect a great episode
another "Prey"
Wingster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 07:58 PM
Elite Fan

I would hope so. I have high hopes every time I see Brian, Kelly and James Marshall's names under the description

I know that there will be a bit of a hiatus after this episodes, I think next time around, episode 19, 20, 21, 22 all will air in a row until the finale in May...date escapes me right now.

The Dark is generous, and it's patient, and it always wins - but in the heart of it's strength lies weakness; one lone candle is enough to hold it back.
Love is more than a candle.
Love can ignite the stars.
Alexander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 09:04 PM
Elite Fan

8x19 airs April 23, so...3 weeks. Just like the other CW shows.

Have high hopes/expecations for this one. The trailer alone. The people behind it. The unraveling of the Davis/Doomsday arch. Just, bring it on! And aside from ER's series finale retrospect special, it seems to be a pretty dullsville night for TV

That cage they have Davis in... is so reminding me of Silence of the Lambs

kenny | credit
smoothaise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 09:11 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
, it seems to be a pretty dullsville night for TV
should be good for SV's ratings then
Old 04-01-2009, 12:26 AM
Elite Fan

Oh, I think I am going to love this one

no more running; no more hiding; no more excuses
enough already.
Lynn - golden roses - snagging @ lj
sweet_zelda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 05:01 AM
Fan Forum Hero

This is going to be an awesome episode!

The clips posted in the OP were awesome.

And I love that cage that Davis is in. Definately reminds me of the one Lionel had Clark in last year.
Emma♥Neal
Ron_Beckett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 05:19 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strider (View Post)

On a personal note, this episode is written by my fav. writers on the show's staff and also co-executive producers Kelly and Brian, and directed by none other than James Marshall, who has directed plenty of memorable episodes. Expect a good one
Jeez, no wonder the poor lass is crying. Look how tightly he's gripping her shoulders - back off ya big bully!!

By the way, what did Davis say to Clark in the promo? I couldn't catch it - put it in spoiler tags if you need to - thanks

Anyhoo - I look forward to the reviews on this episode. Hopefully it will be the best one yet of the season.
Old 04-01-2009, 07:35 AM
Elite Fan

Thanks for opening the thread Alex . This episode looks crazy exciting . Even without Lois in it, I'm pretty sure I'll enjoy watching it, especially Davis/ Clark scenes.

The only thing I feel is you.
Motoko Ayoama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 07:49 AM
Fan Forum Hero

in the trailer?
Spoiler:
Old 04-01-2009, 07:58 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingster (View Post)
in the trailer?
Spoiler:
Ah thank you!
I couldn't hear the line that well. Looks like Smallville is setting itself up for the Royal Rumble!
Old 04-02-2009, 03:12 PM
Elite Fan

Nothing else on tonight, watching this live !!!

kenny | credit
smoothaise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 06:08 PM
Fan Forum Hero

i hope that the Tess story to Clark is just her (incorrect) interpretation other wise that's one heck of a retcon
more thought on this awesome ep later
Old 04-02-2009, 07:01 PM
Fan Forum Hero

The mansion! Flashbacks!! Omg! To the first episode!! Young Lex!! and Young Clark!! The spaceship! What is that? Omg! Could it be Davis? It is! Clark! Davis and Chloe hanging out? Jimmy and Chloe never going to be together again? Wow! What’s up with Davis? Tess going after Davis and blowing up the truck? Crazy! Clark and Davis are alike in some ways…Davis really burned! Crazy! Tess wanting to kill Davis…wow! Davis can’t die either? Lionel’s book! Flashbacks! I love the pilot! Davis running as a child and being locked up! Young Lex! Lex and Davis talking…when they were younger! Omg! Lex’s Warrior Angel comic! They met each other when they were young..really! So surprising! Clark really is the traveler! Clark looking out into the field! Dead bodies in the field! More Lex/Davis flashbacks! The lead box! Davis affected by Meteor Rock when they were young! Clark and Davis-destined to kill each other! Jimmy knew all along! Lionel knew it was Clark all along…wow! Davis telling Chloe that he loves her! Omg! Davis wanting to die. Clark really was destined to have the better life..they weren’t destined to be brothers. Clark mentioning “the Luthors” the meteor rock shower? Clark talking to Oliver!-why? Clark burning the picture….Clark’s nightmare. The farm! “Strange obsession that the Luthors had with me” Clark mentioning Lex….about how Lex was close to the edge when he met him. She knows everything! Davis is alive? Okay episode…just overly dull in general. April 23-next episode
Thor/Loki Charles/Erik Kirk/Spock Zachary/Chris Dexter/Deb Nev/Max Thorin/Bilbo Neal/Peter John/D'avin Thomas/Newt Conrad/Devon Stiles/Scott Richie/Eddie
ocfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 07:16 PM
Fan Forum Star

Okay this ep really didn't make much sense to me. 18 Questions/thoughts on episode 18:

1) How the hell has Tess put everything together in a matter of months (or weeks) when it took Lex seven years to do this?

2) Why is it that all bad guys suddenly keep diaries? Does Davis keep one too?

3) Chloe, why are you hanging out with the guy your husband hates? I realize he's your friend and all and that apparently Jimmy hasn't been taking your phone calls/e-mail etc, but if you really wanted to reconcile with him you wouldn't be hanging out with the guy he thinks is a killer.

4) How is it that Davis sliced his finger? Isn't he impervious to that since he tried to stab himself in Bloodline?

5)How is it that Davis learned how to read and speak English so quickly?

6) Why does Lex have to meet everyone when he's a kid now? This isn't doing future Lex any favours and kind of makes him look dumb (especially last season with the whole Veritas retcon and how he knew Ollie & Jason as kids and couldn't figure out that Ollie was GA even though he liked to run around with a bow and arrow and he didn't remember Jason in Season 4...unless there were gaps in Lex's memory later on but I digress)

7) Okay the blowing up Davis thing was kind of cool, but how exactly does that make you any better than Davis, Tess? Another thing, great Davis is impervious to bombs now. Way to go.

8) What is this? Story hour with Tess? Are we supposed to believe that she's telling Davis all this b/c she wants the fight to happen so that Clark will reach his true potential?

9) Stop with the really clunky Biblical parallels! Clark is not Jesus and Davis is not Judas!

10) Why would the field where Clark was found hold a lot of memories for him when he was only in it for a few seconds before Martha and Jonathon found him?

11) WTH does Clark keep indulging in this guilt fest?! They would never have been brothers! It doesn't matter whether Davis was raised by the Kents, by the Luthors, or by Charles Manson. He's a freaking kryptonian experiment designed to be evil and he hatched from an egg and then oozed into a boy!

12) Oh now we're supposed to feel all sad about Davis trying to kill himself? After he's been killing people for awhile now? If he really didn't want to hurt anyone he should have isolated himself instead of trying to justify murders later by saying he killed people who deserved to be killed.

13) Great we can cross kryptonite of the list now too.

14) That drawing in the cave was never supposed to be Davis/Clark! It was always Clark/Lex. ALWAYS!

15) Tess, you hounding Clark about his secret was amusing in Turbulence. Now? Not so much. This really is like the Lex/Clark relationship part 2. Is she going to say that he's the Traveler in every single episode that she's in for the rest of the season, only to have Clark keep denying it? It's the same old song and dance and it's getting old.

16) Umm what??? How does Tess have that key thing? Wasn't that the same thing that Lex used to destroy the fortress last year?

17) Chloe the dude is still a killer! You should get the hell away from him! No good can come from this!

18) Why do they have to turn two of the biggest, baddest Superman villains into lovesick fools who turn evil because their love lives go sour?
I see e x t r a o r d i n a r y m a g i c in you
Rachel
now.it.all.begins is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread