Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-16-2015, 05:22 PM
Fan Forum Star

Erica Durance | Lois Lane #80: Because we're sending love to Erica, David and their little baby boy Lochlan.

Welcome to the
80th Erica Durance and Lois Lane
Appreciation Thread

This is an appreciation thread for the character of Lois Lane and the actress that plays her, Erica Durance.

by Becca (onelove.oneheart)

Why I like Erica? Well, for starters, she's awesome. Her whole attitude is enough to put you in a good mood. She's bubbly and fun, and I love the way she talks and laughs at her interviews. She gives great interviews, her answers are always very insightful. She LOVES the character she portrays and looks for the best in her. But I think what I love most about her is that she's so down to earth. She makes us easily relate to her. And she's the best Lois Lane ever! No one ever portrayed a Lois Lane with such humanity IMO. I always say she was born to play such an iconic character, because she has all it takes to do it in a credible way.

Why I like Lois? Lois is quite a complex character, and it's really easy for me to love her. At first impression, she's tough, sarcastic and way too honest. But as we have had the opportunity to get to really know her, we've discovered she's also an extremely loyal, loving and vulnerable human being, who wants only the best for her loved ones. She's the most selfless person on Earth. Plus, she kicks ass! She never judges people's actions, she just lets them be. And last, but not least, she's congruent with what she believes in and what her heart tells her. That, for me, is something beautiful to watch.
~ Sharon {Sharon86}

by Lessie

Fave Lois moment: This is a tough one, there are so many Lois moments I could watch over and over again. But since I have to pick just one, I'll have to go with the phonecall scene at the end of episode 8X19, Stiletto. Here we have a Lois who's asking the Red-Blue Blur (Clark) what he needs. I don't remember anyone else ever asking Clark that simple, yet essential question. It's always "The world needs you, be a hero!" She selflessly asks him "how are you doing with all this burden against your shoulders?" She understands and gets him without knowing him, and lets herself be vulnerable with him. I simply love that moment.
~ Sharon {Sharon86}

Why do I love Erica? When Erica Durance first came on scene I was stoked. I wasn't familiar with any of her work but she seemed like Lois Lane material. It's perfect to have her among the great actresses that have come before her in such a role (Noel Neil, Margot Kidder, Dana Delany, and Terri Hatcher). After a near 5 years Erica has really proved to be the right woman for the job. She's got the Lois Lane snark and the emotions are so raw that you forget it's Erica. It really feels like Lois Lane. And it's been awesome to have her a part of the Smallville universe. For me that's when the show truly started. I tend to forget that there were 3 other seasons before her arrival during season 4. I couldn't have asked for a better Lois Lane on Smallville than Erica D.
~ Ron {Ron_Cullen}

Why do I love Lois? Lois Lane is the iconic heroine. She's not the typical damsel in distress and while she always does need to be saved she is always going deep enough to get her story. If she didn't, we would have a very dull character. During times of crisis, Lois can certainly hold up her own. She doesn't need super hero abilities to fight because she's got her own inner human strength which is sometimes a rare find.
~ Ron {Ron_Cullen}

Erica's first ever Cover

How can you not like Lois Lane? She's a journalist, she doesn't stop until she's got the full story and she's got the best partner. Need I say more? On the outside Lois Lane seems like a normal person, I mean she's got the job she loves, she has her feet on the planted on the ground, sure her love life might be a little complicated right now, but she's taking it very well. But that's really not what I like about Lois Lane, I love what you can't see. The emotional disaster Lois Lane is sometimes. The fact that she hides her real feelings inside and brushes them off. She's such a complex character but in the same way, she's so simple. Lois Lane does the things she does because she wants to be loved.

~Emily {eiluvial}

Erica Durance is just amazing. I can not picture another actress portraying Lois than Erica. Erica brings the best out of the character Lois. She can play the comedic side, the emotionally torn side and even the drama side. But she never makes it seem corny. She's incredibly beautiful. Erica seems like the nicest person, even though I've never met her you can tell by all the interviews she does, she's so open and funny, she obviously loves playing Lois and loves being on Smallville.

~Emily {eiluvial}

B/c we have hair envy
B/c she is brave
B/c she faces her fears
B/c we are loving all the new insights in to her character.
B/c she is our Lois Lane
B/c she makes the cutest whale calls.
B/c she's beautiful, smart and tough. Great combination
B/c she makes the best facial expressions
B/c she can make us laugh or cry with a single look or word
B/c she gives the best interviews
B/c she's both "Smallville's siren" and "Smallville's sweetheart"
B/c she's gorgeous inside and out
B/c we can't stop talking about her
B/c she's no damsel in distress
B/c she's not afraid to make mistakes
B/c her flaws make her that much more lovable and relatable
B/c she loves the fans
B/c she loves playing Lois Lane

banner by dancing in the rain (Ray)

B/c she's intelligent and strong
B/c she has a great sense of humour
B/c she's spicy
B/c she was just what Smallville needed
B/c she has the most gorgeous hair!
B/c she’s The Daily Planet’s top ace reporter
B/c she is always there for her friends.
B/c she is incredibly loyal
B/c Lois will put herself in danger for her family
B/c her Daddy’s proud of her
B/c she has a new mission in life
B/c she has expert tracking skills
B/c she has martial arts trophies
B/c she still owns stuffed animials
B/c she owns numchucks
B/c she likes, Whitesnake, Metallica, Def Leaprd and Motley Crue
B/c There she is, the legendary Lois Lane.

Erica Durance is my fav. Lois Lane for sure. Even though I really like how Margot Kidder played her, Erica's performance is just perfect. Her facial expressions are one thing that I like most about her because they make me laugh so much e.g when she does this -->
About Erica as a person: Her interviews are intelligent,witty and entertaining to read and I'm sure that goes for her aswell. She seems so natural and down-to-earth that you can't help liking her. Another thing which is important for me: You don't see anything about her in the tabloids!! I prefer celebrities who try to keep their lives private. Of course you can read interviews with Erica but those offer a lot more than "People" quality.

~Chrissi {*Chrissi*}

Lois Lane? Isn't she the world-class-reporter from the Superman comics which falls in love with the hero?
Right.... Anything else? YES! She has way more to offer. Want some examples? How about: witty, smart, friendly, independent, confident, strong but also vulnerable. She's a great role-model for every (young) woman and a character we all can look up to. Nevertheless each of us can find parts of Lois' identity in her/his own hence her appearance as a down to earth personality/character which makes her even more adorable.

~Chrissi {*Chrissi*}

What’s your favourite Lois moment? It would be her confession to Clark in Committed(8.05). Ok so I know we have seen Lois be vulnerable around Clark but here she had to break down and admit what it was she was truly feeling. I think Erica did a tremendous job in bringing out everything that Lois was feeling in that scene, you saw the fear and vulnerability in her eyes. It was just heartbreaking to watch Lois go through it all. Great scene because it gave us a deeper look into Lois and showcased some of Erica's acting chops.

~Becca {onelove.oneheart}

by Becca (onelove.oneheart )

Why do I love Erica Durance? Well obviously the woman is gorgeous, but that isn't the only thing. I think it is because what she has been able to do for the character of Lois Lane. She brings in a whole new side of Lois, you believe that she is a woman who can throw down if she has to but also has feelings and emotions. In my opinion Lois' of the past have always tried to posses both of these qualities but they just didn't come out right. Erica does an amazing job in bringing out every single emotion Lois is feeling. She is amazing in action sequences and knows how to nail a punch line. She has set the bar pretty high for anyone to play this character in the future.

Why do I love Lois Lane? Well not only is she the love interest to probably my favorite super hero but she is also her own person. I mean most super heroes go for that damsel in distress but nope that isn't Lois Lane. Sure she needs help every now and then but she can get into it with the best of them. She has her own career, as an ace reporter, and let’s face you probably wouldn't want to be someone she is trying to a story about. And although Lois isn't real she could probably be a good person to look up to, she is a fearless woman who goes after things she wants, she is successful and has one hell of a man, well not on the show yet but we all know she gets him in the end

~Becca {onelove.oneheart }

100) Pemberly21
101) TVJunkie22
102) maisie7
103) Jackie85
104) Halo23
105) Sharon86
106) dancing in the rain
107) J3nn1f3r
108) chase the memories
109) FN-Lovage
110) Violagirl
111) Sweetgirl465
112) manu_r/hr
113) brokenshards
114) LuCe60
115) AliB23
116) dragonchic
117) fresley4ever
118) BOK
119) Rickylious
120) Melanie Garcia
121) onelove.oneheart
122) TouTou07
123) Chase.This.Light
124) B.Chambers
125) loveslullaby
126) sil_boreanaz
127) Natasja1982
128) QeNnni
129) I_Love_JennaJameson
130) Talkative One
131) xbrittnoel21x
132) buffy4ever
133) Eveline2525
134) Xelphia Kenny
135) lady_fun_rock
136) love.across.time
137) onebreath
138) Violet-Shadow
139) Two-Core-Aura
140) OTHFanatic05
141.) Kp1227
142.) Addiction
145.) Nici Dawson
146.) mayiya
147.) ixluvxchilly
148.) tushtush
149.) buffyandspike4ever
150.) partnersincrimes
151.) xbrittnoel21x
152.) Phoebe83
153.) Sara Caffrey
154.) sailthesky
155.) WileyDairyGnome
156.) -Fated to Love-
157.) *Stephie*
158.) tvchick1191
159.) falling slowly
160.) MiniAnneBoleynx8
If you'd like to be added, post a reply in the thread or PM the current thread starter.

Lois, to me, has always been the example of what a journalist should be. Brave, ballsy and extremely curious. She has also been the "first wife" in all of comic books. In that role she has been extremely loyal and very supportive to a T. In Smallville we're currently seeing her come into that woman. Like a wise man once said "It's about the journey".

~wingster

Erica has given one of the best portrayals of Lois Lane in the character's 70+ year history. She had the rare opportunity to play Lois when she was younger, before working at the Daily Planet and knowing Superman, and she did it with a grace that few could match. It has been such a delight to see her grow as an actress these last few years. And Lois grew with her. She stepped up to the challenge of playing Lois before she was Iconic Lois Lane and she has done a wonderful job. One of the things I love most about Erica is her love of Lois. She is dedicated to playing her and is enthusiastic about her portrayal. She loves the fans and always makes time for them. Erica is one of the most beautiful, talented and passionate actresses to ever play Lois and I will always be grateful for the new sides she given the character.

~Kassandra {kassandrajones}

The first banner ever made for the ED/LL thread
Banner by BiCaRdiBrEeZa

If anyone asked me last year who my favorite Lois Lane is, I would have said Teri Hatcher. But then I started watching season 8 of Smallville and that quickly changed. Erica Durance is now by far my favorite Lois Lane. One thing I love about her is that even with the success Smallville brought her, she is still humble and very down-to-earth. She once said “I’m a small-town girl, and it'll never be beaten out of me,” and it hasn’t been. Her attitude while in an interview and her reaction whenever one of her fans says that she’s their favorite Lois Lane shows how modest she is. Her dedication to the character she plays is incredible, always making sure that she’s written well because she knows how much the fans are protective over Lois and the Clois relationship, and because she wants to maintain the status of this iconic character. She’s made the character her own and she plays her so well. Those were some pretty big shoes she stepped into when she was chosen to play this iconic role, and she has definitely proven that she was the woman for the job, no doubt about it. She has grown so much as an actress over the years, and when she’s given the right material to work with, she shines and blows us away with her performance. She’s a comedic genius and it’s always a joy to watch her rendition of the scenes she has to do. She has a long way ahead of her in the acting business, and I can’t wait to see what she’s going to do next.

~Ray {dancing in the rain}

1) Because We Always Knew She'd Come.
2) She's the Spark Smallville Needed
3) Because she makes Clark smile!
4) B/C she's the best thing to hit SV since the meteor shower!
5) Because she is Perry White's future favorite reporter
6) B/C she's on the S4 DVD cover and in the opening credits
7)
8)
9) Because she is not a Damsel in Distress
10)B/c even Tom says she's entertaining and fun to watch
11)The FOS is Lois' Heaven
12)B/c "she has journalistic integrity."
13)B/c it is "so weird to see her acting like a girl"
14)B/c we love her, we cherish her
15)B/c in her own way, she is just as heroic as Clark Kent
16) 'Big Cool Title Here'
17) B/c come on already TPTB, give this girl a full season!
18) B/c she's becoming the world class reporter we know & love
19) B/c she's the goddess of journalism
20) B/c she's "a little less sweet vanilla and a little more wild cherry"
21)B/c she's both "Smallville's siren" and "Smallville's sweetheart" and we love her for it
22)Because we're loving all her new layers
23)Because she is one tough chick
24) Because she's Lois, hel-lo!
25) B/c "Erica Durance is the best Lois Lane in history"-Slavkin
26) Because she goes out of her way for us fans
27) Because her favourite superhero is Superman!
28) B/c when we saw her on the stairs our jaws dropped too.
29) B/c us girls all have hair envy her luscious locks
30) B/c we're anxiously awaiting her return
31) b/c Lois is so ...Lois
32) Because she ain't no hollaback girl.
33) She fell off the awesome-tree and hit every branch on the way down.
34) "It shows how human Lois is - the best side of her." ~ Erica
35) Because she has several streets named after her.
36) Because her awesomeness was too much for the SV board so she got a board of her own!
37) Because joy to the world, Lois has returned!
38) Because "there's only one Lois Lane."
39) Because she's already a superhero to us.
40) Because she may not be able to cook, but she can sew her own superhero outfit!
41) Because "Erica was born to play Lois Lane." - Cassidy Freeman
42) Where and when in the world is Lois Lane?
43) Because IGN wants her in every episode and so do we!
44) B/c "we're pleased to announce that we will be seeing more of Erica this year". HALLELUJAH!
45) B/c "Erica is such a good Lois Lane. I can't say enough great things about her." - Cassidy
46) B/c "She doesn't just sit back and wait for someone else to help her out." - Erica Durance
47) B/c "she just...says "I've got to take care of this myself, and I'm capable of it." - Erica Durance
48) B/C "Daily Planet, Lois Lane, your first choice in reporting!"
49) B/c when zombies attack who ya gonna call? Lois Lane!
50) B/c 50 threads later we're more glad than ever that TPTB decided she's a girl worth taking a chance on.
51) B/c there's no way to describe her awesomeness, she's just LOIS.
52) B/c "I think this (Idol) is Erica's finest work yet. - Glen Winter
53) B/c "Lois Lane continues to inspire new generations of women to reach for the stars"-Amy Helmes
54) "She showed up to do her job & to perform & to do the absolute best with every scene that she could" - BAG
55) B/c "the fate of the world depends on Lois Lane's survival" - Tom Welling
56) B/c "She is the key." - Dr. Fate
57) B/c "You're the most trustworthy person I know." - Clark Kent
58) B/c her natural awesomeness makes even her enemies respect her.
59) B/c she's the ace reporter people go to when they want their stories told.
60) B/c no one else can pull off a kilt like she can.
61) B/c her adorable quirks make us love her even more.
62) B/c "You know, Lois, you’re the only one that’s been honest and loyal and brave"-John Corben
63) B/c "this live wire must be the lovely and charming, Ms. Lane. I presume." - Franklin Stern
64) B/c "there's something about Lois...she's the real thing." - Michael McKean
65) B/c "for this generation of Superman fans, she is Lois Lane." - NiceGirlsTV.com
66) B/c "Lois is a blast to write. She's such a firecracker with such heart." ~ Anne C. Saunders
67) Did you say something? We can't hear you over the wild screaming. ED's IN 22 NOW! BOO YA!
68) "Erica created someone who every girl I know...wants to be best friends with." - C. Dries
69) B/c "It's Erica's fearlessness as an actor that makes her such an amazing Lois Lane." - C. Dries
70) B/c she was Clark's savior in the last ep, but she's been our savior since S4.
71) B/c "she's a handful isn't she?" - Future!Clark
72)"Durance, as Lois Lane, continues to give one of the most charming performances on TV" - Ken Tucker
73) B/c "she wants to make a difference...she seeks truth, justice, and the American way."
74) B/c "she has developed into a very fine actress in her own right" - TV Fanatic
75) B/c "Erica Durance has done the best portrayal of Lois Lane that I have ever seen." - ComicBookMovie
76) B/c "I try to be as truthful as possible"
77)
78)
79) B/c"if she suspected the moon landing was a fake, she’d find a way to go to the moon to prove it."- BQM

Why do I love Lois Lane? Lois, especially Erica’s version of Lois, is my favourite female character ever. She’s gutsy, she’s tough, she’s no damsel in distress. I love how we saw from the very first episode she was in that she can take care of herself, since her father raised her to be “independent and self-sufficient”. Yes, of course she has her flaws, but I think they make her all the more lovable and relatable. She cures the relationship blues with chocolate, has a love affair with the spell-check function on her computer, has a hard time letting people get to close to her, and usually keeps her emotions under lock and key. Glimpses into her softer and more vulnerable side are so rarely seen, that when we are shown her softer side I’m always amazed by it and fall deeper in love with her character. Lois also has the curiosity of a cat, and the tenacity of a pit bull when it comes to tracking down stories, which are two very good reasons why she becomes a world-renowned reporter. She’s fiercely loyal and devoted to her family and friends, as seen in her relationships with Lucy, Chloe, and Clark, and she often makes mistakes and can seem overbearing and bossy, but she’ll apologize when she knows she’s wrong. She’s no saint, that’s for sure, but I think George Wade in Two Weeks Notice once said it best, “No one wants to live with a saint! Saints are boring!” and Lois is many things, but boring is definitely not one of them. Lois keeps us, as well as Clark, on our toes. She’s keeps us guessing and keeps things interesting, which is why I always tend to love the episodes she’s in just a little bit more than the ones without her. Lois has come a long way over the past five years and I’ve greatly enjoyed watching her transformation from a drifting college student to the “goddess of journalism” she is today. She gets better and better with every episode she’s in and I can’t wait to see what’s in store for her in the rest of the series.

~Rachel {now.it.all.begins}

by simply_bliss

Lois Lane is one of those characters that I have loved since childhood. She was strong, feisty, independent but loyal, friendly and beautiful. All at the same time. She was some one to look up to and to admire. Whether she was played by Margot Kidder, Terri Hatcher or one of the other great actress who have played her. But this Lois is also amazing but in a whole new way. Because we get to see why she became the amazing woman she became. Yes she makes mistakes but she picks herself up and keeps going. She admits the wrong things she does and takes responsibility for her actions. She learns and moves forward. And I really respect that.

~Fay {Titch22}

Erica Durance is one of those actress that pull people in with her warm, funny and friendly personality. She is someone that feels approachable. That fans could talk to and spend time with. She is a strong actress who always makes me feel what she wants me to. One moment she can have me in stitches of laughter. But then the next she can have me crying my eyes out. She has been a real asset to the Smallville cast.

~Fay {Titch22}

Why do I love Erica Durance? There are so many reasons, but I’ll try to narrow them down for you. Erica is an incredibly versatile actress and can do action scenes, comedic scenes, and dramatic scenes all with equal ease. Whether she’s kicking butt, delivering a classic line of hers that makes me crack up, or showing the softer side of Lois, she’s amazing in all of these scenes. Also, I love her because of her easy-going, down-to-earth nature. She’s always friendly, funny, and charming in her interviews and she’s just so natural. There’s no artifice or pretence about her, whether it’s going whale watching and making whale calls or talking about her experiences growing up on a turkey farm. Another thing that’s wonderful about Erica is how devoted she is to her fans and to her character. She’s aware of how invested her fans are in the relationship between Lois and Clark, so she wants it to be handled with care and given the respect their relationship deserves. Regarding Lois, she really enjoys playing her and wants the best for her character. She understands and knows Lois inside and out and her dedication to maintaining the integrity of this iconic character just makes her all the more lovable to me. Erica has come such a long way with her acting over the past five years, and I can’t wait to see how far she’ll go and other roles she’ll take on once Smallville is over.

~Rachel {now.it.all.begins}

I see e x t r a o r d i n a r y m a g i c in you
Rachel
Old 03-16-2015, 05:23 PM
Fan Forum Star

About Erica

"Erica and I get along great. We did from day one. With respect to Clark and Lois, I think Erica and I get along so well that we have to remind ourselves that Clark and Lois aren’t necessarily supposed to get along so well. I’d sum up Clark and Lois’s relationship as playful- they love and hate each other at the same time." - Tom Welling

"Yeah. I love working with Erica (Durance). She's great. I enjoy the scenes that we do and I like her dedication to the scenes. It's also fun to work with someone who's a nice person and you get along with really well." - Justin Hartley

"We have an amazing Lois Lane. We don't need me to become Lois Lane. I could never replace Erica Durance. She's too good. She's too good." - Allison Mack

"I was nervous going in but they are all great, especially Erica (Durance) who plays Lois Lane. She took me under her wing because she was the new girl once." - Laura Vandervoort

"It was a lot of fun to work with Erica: she's a sweetheart," he adds with a smile. - Aaron Ashmore

"This girl, her name's Erica, and she's married. She's awesome, awesome girl." - Michael Rosenbaum

"She's terrific that girl, just terrific. I was just knocked out. She was great, and she's a top rate actress." - Margot Kidder

Lois Lane is not your typical gal. “Independent and self-sufficient” is “one way to describe” her; but she’s also caring, selfless, and very much human. She doesn’t wear her heart on her sleeves often which makes it hard to get a right first impression of her. However, when you catch those few glimpses into the softer side of her, you can’t help but fall in love with who she is. She’s human, she’s vulnerable, she’s human, but she doesn’t show that side of her unless she feels it’s the right time for it. She has a big heart and that shows by how much she cares about her friends and family. She doesn’t let many people get close to her, so when she does, you know she considers them special. She always has their best interest at heart, she respects and trusts them. She also kicks ass like no other. Being an ‘army brat’, she knows how to hold her own in a fight. She never backs down when she knows she’s right, not even in the face of the likes of Lex Luthor and most recently Tess Mercer. Erica’s Lois Lane is my favorite female character ever and it’s amazing watching her grow up into the best version of Lois Lane in history.

~Ray {dancing in the rain}

by Lessie

"The Best Damn Thing: The Erica Durance / Lois Lane 50th Thread Soundtrack"

Ever since Lois crashed into our lives in season 4, she's fascinated us and captured our hearts completely.
The way she makes us laugh, the way she makes us cry,
the way she breaks our hearts like no one else can has endeared her to us completely.
Please listen to this soundtrack in chronological order the first time around as it follows Lois
from her very first moments in SV, through her relationship with Oliver Queen, her journey into journalism,
and her roller coaster relationship with the destined love of her life, Clark Kent.
I hope this soundtrack provides you with a deeper insight into the complexities of Lois' character
as we see the soft vulerable woman underneath the hard as nails exterior she presents to the world.
Lois Lane has never been a character beloved by all, due to her brash, in your face nature,
but she's definitely beloved by those of us here.
And without a doubt she's "the best damn thing that our eyes have ever seen."

Soundtrack art by Ha {chase the memories}
Soundtrack compiled by / Soundtack Write-up by Rachel {now.it.all.begins}

1. Miss Independent by Kelly Clarkson

Miss independent
Miss self-sufficient
Miss keep your distance, mmmm

Miss unafraid
Miss out of my way
Miss don't let a man interfere, no

Miss on her own
Miss almost grown
Miss never let a man help her off her throne

2. Dontcha by The Pussycat Dolls & Busta Rhymes

Don't cha wish your girlfriend was hot like me?...
Don't cha wish your girlfriend was raw like me?
Don't cha wish your girlfriend was fun like me?

3. It's Your Life by Francesca Battistelli

It’s your life
What you gonna do?
The world is watching you
Every day the choices you make
Say what you are and who
Your heart beats for
It’s an open door
It’s your life

4. Real by Plumb

Aren't I lovely
And do you want me cause
I am hungry for something that will make me real
Can you see me and
Do you love me cause
I am desperately searching for something
Real

5. Circus by Britney Spears

I feel the adrenaline moving through my veins
Spotlight on me and I'm ready to break
I'm like a performer, the dancefloor is my stage
Better be ready, hope that you feel the same

All eyes on me in the center of the ring just like a circus

6. Angel To You, Devil to Me by The Click Five

Well she's hotter than hell
And she's cool as they come
And she's smart and she's wild
All rolled into one
Ya you say I'm the guy that you wish you could be
It's not easy to see
That she's an angel to you
But she's a devil to me

7. Fool For Love by Stefy

So just want me, say you want me
I don't know if I belong
Do you, not sure I believe but
You could prove me wrong
I'm a fool for love

8. Cigarettes by The Wreckers

'Cause someday maybe
Somebody will love me like I need
And someday I won't have to prove
'Cause somebody will see
all my worth but until then
I'll do just fine on my own
With my cigarettes
And this old dirt road

9. Hey Baby by No Doubt

I’m the one they feed upon
Give a bit a star is born
And if you're hot enough you'll get the pass
And you can tell your friends how you made it back
No matter what they say I’m still the same
Somehow everybody knows my name

10. Keeps Getting Better by Christina Aguilera

Some days I'm a super bitch
Up to my old tricks
But it won't last forever
Next day I'm your super girl
Out to save the world
And it keeps getting better

11. Long Shot by Kelly Clarkson

My heart beat, beats me senselessly,
Why's everything gotta be so intense with me?

12. Fidelity by Regina Spektor

I never loved nobody fully
Always one foot on the ground
And by protecting my heart truly
I got lost in the sounds
I hear in my mind
All these voices
I hear in my mind all these words
I hear in my mind all this music

And it breaks my heart

13. Gravity by Sara Bareilles

Something always brings me back to you
It never takes too long
No matter what I say or do
I still feel you here 'til the moment I'm gone

You hold me without touch
You keep me without chains
I never wanted anything so much
Than to drown in your love and not feel your rain

Set me free, leave me be
I don't wanna fall another moment into your gravity

14. Poker Face by Lady Gaga

I wanna roll with him a hard pair we will be
A little gambling is fun when you're with me I love it)
Russian Roulette is not the same without a gun
And baby when it's love if its not rough it isn't fun, fun

15. Superwoman by Alicia Keys

Cause I am a Superwoman
Yes I am
Yes she is
Even when I'm a mess
I still put on a vest
With an S on my chest
Oh yes
I'm a Superwoman

16. Amazed by Greg Laswell

And I'm amazed at how you fumble
Through saying the things that you do
I don't know how you do it
but you do it
you do it

17. She's a Star by James

She's been in disguise forever
She's tried to disguise her stellar views
Much brighter than all this static
Now she's coming through

Oh no, she knows where to hide in the dark
Oh no, she's nowhere to hide in the dark

She's a star

18. The Best Damn Thing by Avril Lavigne

When do you think they'll finally see

That you're not not not gonna get any better
You won't won't won't you won't get rid of me never...
And yeah yeah yeah I'm a lot to handle
You don't know trouble, I'm a hell of a scandal
Me, I'm a scene, I'm a drama queen
I'm the best damn thing that your eyes have ever seen

19. Alone by The Cast of Glee

Till now I always got by on my own
I never really cared until I met you
And now it chills me to the bone
How do I get you alone?

20. Some Heart by Carrie Underwood

I've never been the kind that you'd call lucky
Always stumbling' around in circles
But I must have stumbled into something
Look at me
Am I really alone with you
I wake up feeling like my life's worth living
Can't recall when I last felt that way
Guess it must be all this love you're giving
Never knew never knew it could be like this

by Becca

Before the episode Rabid aired, I would have said my all time favourite Erica scene from Smallville was in the episode Bride - based solely on her acting ability.

I'd never really heard of Erica Durance, until she started showing up as *Nora*'s avatar and in her sigline, first with the campaign for Erica's board and then just for the sheer hell of it. Then recently she started gushing over Comic Con. Simply put, if it weren't for Nora, I may still be unaware of the awesomeness that is Erica, that she is the epitome of Lois Lane. I was sold on Erica within 10 minutes of viewing 401.

For me, very few actresses are able to captivate you in a way that can tug at your heartstrings, without even a word being said. When only a look is enough.

In Bride, the winning moment for me was when she was dancing with Clark in the barn. When not a single word was spoken, yet she somehow managed to convey a multitude of emotions just using her facial expressions and those eyes of hers! She changed from being rather annoyed with Clark/Tom one moment, to showing so much vulnerability the next, more or less asking if there was something more that could go on between them. He was almost ready to reply.

Then, Rabid aired and blew that performance out of the water. The scene when she changes from Zombie Lois into normal Lois. It's such an emotionally charged scene and brought tears to my eyes. We have no way of knowing if Lois recalls anything from her Zombie time, but Erica played that whole moment to perfection. The confusion she would have felt irrespective of remembering, knowing she was okay, she was with Clark...that they made it. Again her face showed so many emotions that it's hard to not love the scene, to not love Erica, her incarnation of Lois and what she brings to the show.

~Karen {Chase.This/Light}

I've watched Smallville since the beginning, on and off, but back in s4, when they introduced the character of Lois Lane, I became a faithful devotee. LL has always been my favourite character and to finally see her make her appearance in Smallville was a dream come true. Erica brings such a fresh and truly phenomenal edge to this iconic persona. Lois has always been so brash and aggressive, a woman with a tough exterior, who underneath really is fragile, yet strong. A steel butterfly is what I like to call her. She possesses a complex vulnerability, which makes her one of the most human-like fictional characters, in my opinion. Erica demonstrates these traits perfectly. She brings an overt sexiness and humor to her, that can only be attributed to her wonderful acting skills. She channels Lois Lane and all her flaws and virtues marvelously. She doesn't pretend to be Lois Lane. She is Lois Lane. Because it's not about pretending, but about portraying nature to the best of your abilites. I for one am grateful that my generation's LL is portrayed by someone as talented as Erica Durance.

~Leslie {Lessie}

Every journey begins taking one step at a time, staying the course, not focusing on the end but embracing the challenge. Such is the case with the Erica Durance/Lois Lane Appreciation thread. When we started this thread before S4, there were a few dedicated posters determined to make it a success no matter what. At the time, we didn't know Erica would be on for more than a handful of episdes but that didn't stop us from doing our best and falling in love with Erica/Lois. Here we are 4 and half years later, with many more fans, posters, making this thread/project more than successful! I'm proud to be the very 1st thread starter and keeper of the Erica/Lois thread, and I'm glad to pass on the torch to the next wave of fans who will continue to make this thread the best it can possibly be. Thank you everyone, and thanks to Erica Durance, a beautiful & talanted up and coming actress for giving us something to talk about! As an art banner once said: Lois Lane: Made of Awesome...enough said!

~Alex

About Lois

"What I originally loved about the Lois Lane character is her intellect and her independence. She is so fiercely independent that she doesn't see herself as a victim. One of the things I love about the character that I'm playing is she's human and she admits it. She's flawed, she does a lot of things that people roll their eyes at, she makes a lot of mistakes, but she says yeah, that's me, I'm sorry. She picks herself up and keeps going. She doesn't feel sorry for herself."

"The thing about Lois is she’ll try anything. Like she will do stuff. She’ll try. But she’ll also be the first one to say, “I was wrong, let me make it right.” And that’s what she did in that episode [Stiletto]. She risked her life. She jumped in to save her friends, and she’s like, “I’m sorry.” And I think that’s what makes her human."

"I start out in the first episode owning it. I'm basically running for my life. Some big hot chick comes to try to take me out, and I have to take care of myself because there's nobody else there. Or so I think, and then, of course, I'm saved, and that's great. That's what I love about her. She doesn't just sit back and wait for someone else to help her out; she just automatically, knee-jerk reaction says "I've got to take care of this myself, and I'm capable of it." And then she goes head-to-head with Tess Mercer a few times, as she does with most of the characters."

[On Lois trying to catch the attention of the RBB] "She just doesn't give up. Not that she would force herself on someone, but she does have this absolute obsession with Superman, and what he represents, and just holds all of those things that are dear to her heart, and he's this amazing entity, and she will go after him. You do see times when she's totally frustrated because he stops calling her and she's waiting for him, and that sort of thing. Running parallel to that is that she still has her life. She still has her stories that she's going after. Of course, that's part of the faculty of Lois and what she represents, but on the other side of things I still want to keep it balanced and show the kind of modern day woman who could totally be in love with someone, and still have her thing going on as well, and not be desperate or anything like that."

- Erica Durance

"I love how flippant, comfortable, and casual the relationship [Lois and Chloe] is. There is so much humor there, and they make each other laugh. It is obvious how much they adore each other. I really like that." - Allison Mack

"I find the Lois Lane we have on Smallville to be very entertaining. She’s terribly self-reliant and self-confident (laughs)…at least she certainly thinks of herself that way” What I particularly enjoy about her character is the side of Clark that she brings out. I love the sarcastic, tongue in cheek humour that we’re able to portray in that relationship. I think it’s a great addition to the show and enables us to explore character facets we couldn’t before." - Tom Welling

"I think Jimmy and Lois are very much like a big sister and little brother together. She's just, 'You're an idiot,' while he's still trying to follow her and say, 'I've got this!' " - Aaron Ashmore

"Lois and I have a scene where we get kind of physical and we fight it out a little bit, and let’s just say that everyone on set that day was pretty stoked. Erica was born to play Lois Lane. She has all those qualities, smart and strong and funny and totally unabashedly herself. That’s Lois Lane." - Cassidy Freeman

"No - Erica's got it. Her version is more like mine than Teri Hatcher was in the 1990s series." - Margot Kidder

Icons

More by Manu (manu_r/hr)

More by Ron (ron_cullen)

More by Ray (dancing in the rain)

Previous Threads
Erica Durance/Lois Lane #70: B/c she was Clark's savior in the last ep, but she's been our savior since S4.
Erica Durance/Lois Lane #71: B/c "she's a handful isn't she?" - Future!Clark
ED/Lois Lane #72:"Durance, as Lois Lane, continues to give one of the most charming performances on TV" - Ken Tucker
ED/Lois Lane #73: B/c "she wants to make a difference...she seeks truth, justice, and the American way."
ED/Lois Lane #75: B/c "Erica Durance has done the best portrayal of Lois Lane that I have ever seen." - ComicBookMovie

Erica about her Fans
"I just want to give a big shout out to them to say hello and thank them for their support. The fact that they hung on, we've been here for eight years. Thanks for being so supportive of my version of Lois Lane. It's a nerve wracking thing to do and people have been really positive."

Rachel
Old 03-16-2015, 05:25 PM
Fan Forum Star

Post away
Rachel
Old 03-17-2015, 04:40 PM
Master Fan

Thanks for starting the new thread, Rach!
Old 03-18-2015, 06:06 PM
Fan Forum Star

My pleasure
Rachel
Old 03-20-2015, 12:11 PM
Communications Team Manager
Graphics Team

Moderator of ...
Communications Team

TFTNT! The title

JOIN our Communications Team.
| ray
Old 03-20-2015, 06:27 PM
Fan Forum Star

Glad you like it
Rachel
Old 03-28-2015, 09:55 AM
Part-Time Fan

Pretty! That's right, Erica had her son. Cute name.
Old 03-28-2015, 02:02 PM
Communications Team Manager
Graphics Team

Moderator of ...
Communications Team

I want pictures

JOIN our Communications Team.
| ray
Old 03-28-2015, 06:46 PM
Master Fan

TFTNT!

It's always great to see such a beautiful OP again!
Old 04-01-2015, 05:38 PM
Fan Forum Star

Ray did a lot of work on it
Rachel
Old 04-02-2015, 10:42 AM
Passionate Fan

Love the title and I agree, the OP is gorgeous
Old 04-03-2015, 10:32 AM
Fan Forum Star

I really, really want Erica to release a picture of their baby