Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 11-19-2010, 09:36 AM
Elite Fan

Smallville 10x09 "Patriot" Episode Discussion

In an effort to protect the rest of the team, Oliver (Justin Hartley) decides to register for the Vigilante Registration Act to see what the government plans to do with the new law. As he suspected, it was a trap to lure superheroes to an undisclosed location where he is confined to a jail and subjected to a battery of brutal tests under the supervision of Col. Slade (guest star Michael Hogan, "Battlestar Galactica"). Aquaman (guest star Alan Ritchson) and his new wife Mera (guest star Elena Satine) team up with Clark to free Oliver. Lois is frustrated when Clark continues to push aside her offers to help the team and sets out to prove she can play with the big boys. Tom Welling directed the episode written by John Chisolm.

Promo and BTS Photos

no more running; no more hiding; no more excuses
enough already.
Lynn - golden roses - snagging @ lj
sweet_zelda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 05:14 PM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for starting Lynn!
I see e x t r a o r d i n a r y m a g i c in you
Rachel
now.it.all.begins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 07:08 PM
Master Fan

The episode was very iffy for me. I didn’t love it. But I didn’t hate it at the same time. I actually could care less for AC/Mera- but they brought some good scenes and how two people can be in a relationship like that. (Plus Mera was pretty awesome) Tom was amazing. ABOVE amazing actually. He is by far the best actor on the show. His acting skills contine to surprise me every week and this week is no different. He was acting very much like ‘Superman’ this week with everything he did.

Tess always brings the laughs for me now especially the ‘Housewives of Metropolis’. The last Clois scene was heartfelt. The last scene however was my favorite. Tess, Oliver, Clark and Lois. It showed us a pretty good sense of how it’s going to be. And what might happen in the future.

Not my favorite episode, but here’s hoping next week is better.
eiluvial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 08:08 PM
Fan Forum Hero

i actutally enjoyed the episode...first time in a long time...happy to see Aquaman!
Thor/Loki Charles/Erik Kirk/Spock Zachary/Chris Dexter/Deb Nev/Max Thorin/Bilbo Neal/Peter John/D'avin Thomas/Newt Conrad/Devon Stiles/Scott Richie/Eddie
ocfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 02:24 AM
Elite Fan

How was the directing? I know that Tom directed this episode, how did you guys like it?

enough already.
Old 11-20-2010, 06:12 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Just got through watching the episode here is my review:

Aquaman: I always like when he's on the show. AC was awesome. I loved that wet suit he had, definately a very superhero-esque look to it. I wanted to slap him for being so gun-ho all the time but I liked his determination. I also liked how he came to agree with Clark in the end. You can't do things alone and you can't fight fire with fire because then no one wins. The Justice teams needs to be smarter about how they handle things.

Mera: She was actually pretty cool. I'm glad they brought her. Definately a great asset to the team.

AC/Mera: What I loved was that we got to hear more about the origins, ie AC's real name. And then to see them use their powers was awesome. I've always wanted water powers like that!

Clark: I had one minor issue and that was with the kryptonite cage- Clark wasn't as weak. One dose of kryptonite and it affects him. Remember the cage Lionel had built, he was down within minutes but not this time. Is Clark just getting stronger that it didn't affect him as badly?

Other than that though Clark was amazing.

Lois: She was certainly a highlight, everything from her one-liners to intigrating herself into the team when Clark wouldn't.

My favorite Lois moment was when she talked to Emil. That was hilarious.

Clois: I really loved that we got to see some honest communication at the end. I did enjoy the parallels between their relationship and the AC/Mera relationship and the talks the guys and the girls had were great.

Oh and I do have to comment on something Mera said to Lois:

"You treat Clark not as your superior but as an equal."

This technically isn't a bash, more like an observation: That's one of the things that's always been different about the Clana/Clois relationships. The second Lana found out about Clark, yeah she genuinely loved him but it became more about the power and she put him on this pedestal like a God. Lois has never done that. For Lois & Clark love overcomes the power.

Oliver: This guy, just when he can't get any better he does. It was a huge risk for him to go in Clark's place. He sacrificed himself for the team and endured the torture that the government threw at him. When Slade asked how he felt about water and oceans I just flashed back to his own origins of him being lost and then stranded on the island so yeah he hates the water. I did enjoy his scene with Lois when he had to sneak in. Clois was just getting relationship advice from all sides.

Slade: Damn he was one badass son of a bitch! And I love that he's been "marked by the beast". Seeing him with that eye patch at the end was cool. I look forward to seeing him more.

Watchtower: Definately the best scene of the whole episode. Seeing Lois fully apart of the team was great. I had kind of hoped we would have gotten a Chloe metion but oh well. I also enjoyed the little Tess/Lois stuff we got. I look forward to them moving past enemies and towards teammates.

Final Thoughts: I'm definately giving this episode a 9 this week. It had a lot of great action, probably my favorite action filled episode for the season thus far.

Next Week's Preview: The 'Luthor' episode looks insane. I can't wait for it!
Emma♥Neal
Ron_Beckett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 01:04 PM
Fan Forum Star

I enjoyed this episode a lot. I loved the AC/Mera relationship, Oliver, Lois/Tess, and the ending with Lois/Tess/Oliver/Clark was my favorite. I did miss Chloe though. It didn't feel right without her, but I'm so happy that Lois finally got to know about watch tower.
Also, as much as I love Clois they are starting to annoy me. I did love their scenes a lot, but I hate that guest stars and other characters keep pimping them.

i love you. ♡
21:21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 01:07 PM
Fan Forum Star

Wow, I'm so sorry for the double posts. FF is being so evil right now.

i love you. ♡

Last edited by 21:21; 11-20-2010 at 01:44 PM
Old 11-20-2010, 01:09 PM
Fan Forum Star

Wow, I'm so sorry for the double posts. FF is being so evil right now.

i love you. ♡

Last edited by 21:21; 11-20-2010 at 02:14 PM
Old 11-28-2010, 02:07 AM
Elite Fan

I thought I would love this episode, but I didn't. It wasn't bad, per se, but it wasn't great either

I loved AC's return, but his wife really bugged me. I don't know why, I think it may have been the actress that really annoyed me. She came off as fake.
Usually, all the episodes with AC were full of humor and banter, but this one was grim and dark and just that.

I'm starting to get sick of how the show is overdramatizing things. What they've done with Clark and Lois seemingly all season, trying to make every hug seem like a HUGE deal after some kind of fight, they're doing it with the entire show now. Why were Clark and AC so hostile with each other right away? Who is Clark, demanding a talk with AC instead of just coming for a chat? He's not the leader of the gang, considering for the longest time, he didn't even care about 'the gang' or being a part of it. It just really, really rubbed me the wrong way.

And I may be the only one, but I really wish they hadn't brought Lois into Watchtower. I know that Chloe's gone and all that, but it's been a theme of the show to have Chloe do something first and then bring in Lois only to make Lois look as if she were better at it. I didn't mind it with the Daily Planet or with Clark, because that's where the story was heading anyway. But this is Watchtower, this is what Chloe built for herself... I don't know, it just bugged me. I mean, seriously, the way they had Lois investigate in this episode was perfectly fine. She doesn't have to be a part of the JLA in order to make her feel like she's Clark's equal.

All in all, not happy

enough already.
Reply   Post New Thread