Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 11-12-2010, 07:30 AM
Elite Fan

Smallville 10x08 "Abandoned" Episode Discussion

Lois (Erica Durance) finds a video made for her by her mother, Ella Lane (Hatcher), before she died. After watching the tape, Lois makes a drastic decision about her relationship with Clark (Tom Welling) that takes her to the Fortress, where she comes face to face with Jor-El and Lara. Meanwhile, Tess has a nightmare involving herself as a child and a music box. Upon awakening, she finds the music box in Luthor mansion and sets out to find out who planted it there. Clark accompanies her to an orphanage run by Granny Goodness (guest star Christine Willes) who may not have the young girls' best intentions in mind. One of the young women living there, Harriet (guest star Hartley), finds Clark snooping around and decides to take matters into her own very sharp hands. Kevin Fair directed the episode written by Drew Landis & Julia Swift.

Promo Photos | Moar Promo Photos

no more running; no more hiding; no more excuses
enough already.
Lynn - golden roses - snagging @ lj
sweet_zelda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 11:33 AM
Ultimate Fan

Cant wait for Lois & Ella scene I'm sure I'm gonna cry

"We're with you whatever happens."
icon|Umay
Ford07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 08:12 PM
Fan Forum Hero

the information about tess was really shocking and interesting....other than that...it was actually pretty bad
Thor/Loki Charles/Erik Kirk/Spock Zachary/Chris Dexter/Deb Nev/Max Thorin/Bilbo Neal/Peter John/D'avin Thomas/Newt Conrad/Devon Stiles/Scott Richie/Eddie
ocfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 10:53 PM
Fan Forum Star

I knew Tess was a Luthor!

And the ring!

Oh and thanks for getting the thread Lynn.
I see e x t r a o r d i n a r y m a g i c in you
Rachel
now.it.all.begins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 04:53 AM
Elite Fan

Not bad. But some of it didn't make sense.

Loved seeing so many DC guest characters: Granny Goodness, Desaad, Godfrey, Mad Harriet, Ella Lane, Jor-El with Lara, and finally Lena Luthor.

The ring. Hmmm, looks like someone wants to propose.
Old 11-13-2010, 07:22 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Whew after nearly 24 hrs with my internet off I'm finally gonna be able to watch the episode. I saw some scenes online with my phone on YT so I can't wait to watch the episode on my laptop, the scenes I watched were beautiful so dying to watch the rest. I'll post my review after I'm done watching

Kay here is my review!

Clois: Where do I even start with these two?! Lois was amazing the way she took her mom's advice and wanted Clark to have better closure with Jor-El. I just absolutely love how the women in his life will go to the depths and face the wrath or whatever it is Jor-El will throw at them just to prove their love to Clark and how much he means not just to them but to the world.

I am so glad that we got to see not just Jor-El but Lara as well. To have these two in a scene together was just so blissful! We've seen them in seperate episodes so there's always been that kind of skepticism to whether or not the two actors would really be a good match and they sure were. Seeing them have to say goodbye to their son was heartbreaking. LOL part of me kept hoping for the Marlon Brando Jor-El speech of the whole, "the son becomes the father, the father the son" but I really did enjoy what was said and the heartbreak and love that the two felt/feel for Kal.

It was also great that not just Clark, but Lois too got to "meet" his parents. I enjoyed that so much because it truly shows how much Lois has become apart of Clark's family.

The ending with these two was perfect. Seeing Lois feel confident that Clark could end up being the man she marries was great. I so badly want to know what it was that Ella put in there for her wedding day, maybe we'll soon find out.

And then Clark pulling the ring out of his pocket, I nearly flipped. My roommate isn't up yet so I had to keep the squeeling down to a minimum

Tess: Okay I finally admit it, I read the spoilers so I knew she was a Luthor! Still though seeing the scene and finding out- I was in total shock mode. I wonder if she'll end up telling Clark or the rest of the team, not if she wants to stay alive is my guess. You have the name Luthor and you might as well kiss the trust goodbye. I'm kind of hoping they'll make an exception though since Tess was adopted. I wonder why that was, my guess is that Lionel just didn't want to have a girl (but if that were the case wouldn't he have given her up a long time ago?)

Okay so we've got Lex, Lucas, Julian, Lutessa- just how many kids did Lionel have?!

Granny Goodness: She was nuts. It was cool to find her as one of Darkseid's minions and that's the reason they're wipping the girls memories but still, she totally put the creep factor in the whole 'granny' thing.

Guest Appearance-

Teri Hatcher:
OMG seeing her on Smallville was so worth the wait. I had wanted her on the show the moment they started bringing back old time Superman legends starting with Annette and Chris. I never thought they would bring her. Every year I'd wait and every year would be kind of a let down but her role as Ella Lane was beautiful. She had me on the verge of tears! Loved it.

Final Thoughts: Though last week's episode was better this one was heartfelt because it dealt with family and understanding who you are. I'm glad that we got to see that with Lois and Clark and even Tess. I'm rating this episode an 8 out of 10.

Next Week's Preview: Dude I can't wait for Aquaman's return, it looks like it's gonna be an intense episode. LOL when AC said, "You're gonna need a bigger cage", that line reminded me of this line I heard, can't remember where but someone said, "We're gonna need a bigger boat." Gah I wish I could remember where I heard that.

Seriously this season just keeps getting better and better, I don't think season 10 is gonna be enough, by the end I'll be begging and crying for an encore season 11 or a Smallville movie!
Emma♥Neal

Last edited by Ron_Beckett; 11-13-2010 at 09:30 AM
Ron_Beckett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 08:29 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Tess being a Luthor is a bit shaky continuity wise.

Cassidy was on this ep. She may just be SV's best actress ever. (it's a close race )

..I'm of the mind the proposal is too soon.

also that's all it takes for Clark to forgive Jor-El? really?

Lindsay Hartley is hot.
Wingster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 09:07 AM
Fan Forum Hero

[QUOTE=Wingster;51914883]
Quote:
also that's all it takes for Clark to forgive Jor-El? really?
I don't think that's necessarily a bad thing. I mean for years Clark has always seen Jor-El as this kind of inpeneratable (sp?) force that he can never meet expectation wise. Clark has never really heard that Jor-El loves him so to witness the holo of his parents painful goodbyes and seeing the humanity in Jor-El; he finally got what he needed all these years.
Emma♥Neal
Old 11-13-2010, 06:18 PM
Fan Forum Hero

One of the best episodes so far this season . The ending with Tess being reveled as a Luthor was shocking . I guess that makes 2 others Luthor's. Was there not a 1/2 brother(not Julian the Clone ) like in Season 5-6 ? .

The use of Granny goodness and her girls was almost perfect to a tee as the DC Superman DVD have portrayed her and her female warriors . Go out and get Superman /Batman Apocalypse DC Animation ,huge origin story of granny goodness and Darkside .

Tess it was good 2nd origin story of her , we had the one where she and Oliver where once very close and stranded on Island .

It will bring us to early December episode titled Luthor with Jon Glover returning , my only guess is it will like Lois had, some type of video or flashback of Lionel raising Tess and dealing with her as little girl and the decision to send her to Granny goodness orphanage .

Lois and the video of her mother was way to short , there where 3 video tapes, lets hope they go back and show other tapes when Lois needs them . Nice to see another "superman" Tv vet show up on Smallville .

i think we have had every Lois except Noel Neil from the 1950's Superman TV series .

Will the coming of Darkside put a halt to Clark and Lois getting married . Wouldn't it be fair to the fans to wait on a wedding till Chloe returns ?
Old 11-14-2010, 07:24 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I don't think that's necessarily a bad thing. I mean for years Clark has always seen Jor-El as this kind of inpeneratable (sp?) force that he can never meet expectation wise. Clark has never really heard that Jor-El loves him so to witness the holo of his parents painful goodbyes and seeing the humanity in Jor-El; he finally got what he needed all these years.
No offense but that doesn't change a damn thing. The AI Jor-El still did all those things to Clark. It shouldn't be "all is forgiven" after 7-8 years.

I actually disliked Lois thinking she was right to try to fix the relationship..like Clark said it was a machine..and he had a father named Johnathan. She was just projecting her own issues and her closure on to him.
Old 11-14-2010, 07:48 AM
Fan Forum Hero

To each is own I suppose.
Emma♥Neal
Old 11-14-2010, 07:51 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Of course.
Old 11-14-2010, 07:27 PM
Master Fan

Just finished watching the episode an hour ago. Tess being a Luther, I have to say, was the biggest surprise. but when Granny Goodness mentioned that her family had power -- made me think -- who else in Smallville has a lot of power? The Luther's do, and I remembered a few episodes back when Cat caught her looking at a picture of young Lex, commenting how much they looked alike.

so, I guess, all the clues were there to begin with and not really a shocker when it came down to it.

Clois -- it was nice to have Lois meet Clarke's real parents and omg, I don't know what to squee about first: 1) whatever Lois's mom left for her wedding day, or the that nice rock Clarke had for her!

but I'm betting whatever's in that box, has to be a wedding dress.
obisgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 10:25 AM
Elite Fan

Tess' story sure is getting interesting. She's a Luthor? I actually never saw that one coming. Although in hindsight, I probably should have. Like obisgirl said, Cat commented on how Tess and young Lex looked alike. But it was a great surprise

I'm not invested in the Clois storyline, but I really liked how they dealt with Lois and her Mom. Although you gotta admit, that video tape sure looked fine if you think about how it's been in storage for fifteen years

Now, I wonder... did Granny Goodness manage to take anything from Clark's mind? And what is her scheme? Did she meddle with Tess when she revived her? And how did Tess remember, or where did that birth certificate come from?

no more running; no more hiding; no more excuses
enough already.
Lynn - golden roses - snagging @ lj
sweet_zelda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 01:18 AM
Elite Fan

Gotta say I luv the revealing facts in this episode.
Especially SHOCKER!!! Tess is Lex's brother? Dude I actually kind of guessed as much when "gran" said that her parents were powerful people. I was like "It has to be the luthors" lmfao
Reply   Post New Thread